[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who on this board is going to quit Pokemon when it moves to the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_9619.jpg (83KB, 750x423px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9619.jpg
83KB, 750x423px
Who on this board is going to quit Pokemon when it moves to the switch next gen, and why?
>>
>>32740208
Nobody, because we secretly enjoy Pokemon
>>
Not me but I'm gonna find other games to play in 2018

Normies who only play Pokemon not other video games are gonna lose there shit when Pokemon goes from 240p to 720p.

It's gonna attract red and blue folks
>>
>>32740208
me,because there's no switch emulator yet.
>>
Mainline Pokemon on the Switch is never going to happen. Gen 8 will be on N3DS.
>>
>>32740208
No one, because there will never be a mainline Pokémon on Switch.
>>
>>32740278
Did you think in 2012 that there'd never be a mainline Pokemon game on the 3DS? God you all are delusional.
>>32740208
By 2020 it'll be like $199. Calm down.
>>
>>32740256
Gamefreak is literally hiring people to make wii u tier models for a popular RPG. https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2017/3/20/14982106/pokemon-nintendo-switch-game-freak-hiring start saving up bud.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170610-210452.png (509KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170610-210452.png
509KB, 1080x1920px
Masuda said pretty much said it will be on just not right away
>>
>>32740255
when was the last time you bought a game, jack sparrow?
>>
>>32740288
Switch isn't the next handheld. Kishimoto has already said he has plans for a 3DS successor.
>>
>>32740543
prove it
>>
>>32740292
>wii u tier models

So this is the power of the Nintendo Switch....
>>
>>32740593
This is honestly good. Wii U tier models are actually pretty good. And this way the switch has an even better chance of handling the models.
>>
>>32740208
I'm already considering quitting handheld Pokemon. Showdown offers a more viable way of using Pokemon. Plus, I can actually use mythical Pokes, most which aren't even broken, but are pretty much denied access to the majority of the fans due to their retarded timed events. Even then, GF loves messing it up by offering mythical/legendary Pokemon with exclusive abilities or moves that makes it even more rare and useful in battle, but you can't even use for most formats, so why bother?
>>
>>32740543
>kishimoto
>>
I'll only quit it when one of us dies.
>>
switch is a home console. i can't see mainline or traditional handheld series coming to it (which they still haven't) unless a lighter, more mobile version of it comes out
>>
Depends. If USUM are garbage then that will be 4 pairs in a row of flops. Wouldn't be a good look for buying another trash game for 50% more money
>>
File: IMG_9540.jpg (558KB, 512x2112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9540.jpg
558KB, 512x2112px
>>32740669
It's a hybrid bud. In fact I would argue that it's more of a handheld becuase the switch it's self is just a tablet that you can stream to your TV. The dock is just a hollow box meant to rest your switch in.
>>
>>32740208
>Poor Fag: thread edition
>Not already owning this gameless system because you had nothing better to spend your money on
Also Breath of the Wild was fun. Fight me.
>>
>>32740208
I'm not evening buying the next Pokemon game unless GF does some serious additions. For example, making it easier to actually farm bottle caps through BPs, instead of relying on that patched exploit, the VIP FC glitch, or fishing. Gathering shards, in exchange for caps, to use that in exchange to IV train is fucking retarded.

They should also make HP more accessible where gamers don't have to artistically soft reset or breed a certain IV spread and just be able to choose it, or at least offer a better way to edit IVs. Having the ability to reset natures and have a hidden ability capsule should also be an option.
>>
>>32740752
i won't believe it until nintendo says it's a 3ds successor or handheld series come to it that aren't smt and fire emblem. those 2 don't count because they originated as console games and have been on both handheld and home console since. what matters is the game library, not its portability. there's no proof or hint of it being the successor besides people buying it in good faith. while i'd like to believe it is a conglomeration of both, i'm afraid there's going to undeserved backlash against nintendo from people buying something they thought would be entirely different, despite them never actually saying it was the handheld they wanted
>>
>>32740208
Not be, for two reasons.

1) Because it won't come to the Switch next gen.
2) Because I already gave up on the mainlines before bothering with Sun/Moon
>>
>>32740798
This is the same company that said the Wii u and switch would live along side each other. Nintendo is just being good business people by not saying it's a successor becuase if they did then 3DS sales would bomb. Don't expect them to say it until the 3DS dies this year, just like they did with the Wii U. The switch will replace it eventually,They're even trying to figure out ways to get multiple switches in one house hold.
>>
>>32741093
that's just a theory.
a game theory.

but in all seriousness, i'm still presented with zero proof besides what they did for the wii u. yes, the gba and ds went through the same ordeal but the ds was at least backwards compatible to the gba. there are zero ties between the 3ds and switch to suggest it is the successor besides portability. none of the usual handheld series planned, no backwards compatibility, no linked hardware features. nothing
>>
>>32740208

I'm gonna try to get off the addiction, using this as an excuse.
>>
>>32740760
How would you feel about BOTW making you fight two lynels at once?
>>
>>32740760
thus, poorfags everywhere its sickening isnt?
>>
>>32740208
Me. Poorfag. If I don't get a job until November, I won't even be able to buy USUM.
>>
>>32741171
If it was two normal lynel sure thing. I'd give up on sight of two silver lynel though
>>
>>32740208
I don`t have a switch, but if it will become the new home for the main series, I will buy one for sure, the only good thing nintendo has is gamefreak's pokemon.
>>
>>32740208
>Quitting pokemon because you can't play the latest game
Fucking casual
>>
>>32740208
I won't quit Pokemon because Pokemon won't be on Switch apart from spin-offs like Pokken. Funny how many forget Nintendo's statement that Switch is not replacing the Pure handheld line.
>>
It's not gonna happen.
Screencap this post for you can laugh at me when eventually happens.
>>
>>32741388
>give up on two silvers
But even silvers are easy once you learn how to fight them. From videos I've seen of people spawning multiple Blights and fighting them, they've got good synergy and make for actually challenging bosses. It stands to reason multiple lynels would be a good fight too.
>>
Handheld =/= Portable Console
>>
Not me! If I have to buy a switch then so be it. It won't be the first, and likey not the last time that I buy a console just to play Pokemon. No shame.
>>
>>32740429
Not the same anon but last time i bought a game it was Pokémon Sun. Sold it one week later.
>>
If they made a good looking Gen 8 come out as a Switch exclusive we would all be out buying it SO fast. Don't lie to yourselves. Unless you really are a super poorfag.
>>
I'll just keep playing Showdown.
>>
>>32740752
Pic make me laugh
>>
Switch is too big to be a decent handheld. Even taking the joycons off it's still too big to comfortably fit in a pocket. You also have to take into account pocketing the joycons themselves without fucking up the sticks. And even taking the joycons off / on takes several seconds longer than just flipping a lid. It's not practical at all.
>>
>>32740208
I don't want to buy a swtich, so after the ultra game, which are probably the last 3ds game, i'm out of pokemon for a while
>>
>>32741827
3DS XL
>>
>>32740642
Underated post i agree
>>
>>32741864
every xl but the dsi xl is big enough to fit into a pocket. theyre roughly the size of the original ds
>>
>>32741864
you must be a manlet or a woman if the 3DS XL was to big for you
>>
>>32742015
Same goes for the Switch.
>>
>>32741417
I'm guessing you listened to Nintendo when they said the ds wasn't replacing the gameboy, and when they said the switch wasn't replacing the Wii U
>>
because the switch is a nogames shitty meme console and i just bought a fucking N3dsXL i cant be assed to throw away more of my hard earned cash to a company who will pull out of this console just as soon as 3rd party devs go "lol wtf is this joycon shit"
>>
>>32740208
idk i didnt play since gen 3 and i got gen 7 and hated it, so i probably wont get another one. idk why i still even check this board from time to time. if it looks rly good i might try it. i kind of want a switch anyway so i might end up picking one up some day.
>>
>>32740208
Probably not in general but I'm gonna quit playing online. Fuck paywalled online and all the retards who allowed it to spread.
>>
All you massive faggots that complain about the Switch.

Get rich, poor fags!
>>
>>32740760
How do you feel about the fact that the only good Switch game is a Wii U port?
>>
I'll buy it if they release Gen 8 together with the Switch Mini
>>
>>32743682

> Buying shitty easily breakable broken hardware with your money

And you think that gives you power over us?
>>
>>32740208
I will actually buy my first gaming console since PS1 when Pokemon comes to Switch

Can't wait desu.
>>
>>32740208
I'm quitting with Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon because fuck those games. I won't be buying a Switch any time soon, so I won't be playing Pokemon on it any time soon either.

>>32743682
You're the type of braindead fanboy that keeps Nintendo alive and ticking.
>>
>>32740760
Breath of the Wild was fun on the Pii Poo too.
Switch had a hopeful introduction, but they keep shitting out ports and some shovelware.
>>
>>32744067
>Pii Poo
That doesn't sound like a good insult. Hell, "Pii U" would've been better by comparison.
>>
File: 1449787506893.png (87KB, 810x807px) Image search: [Google]
1449787506893.png
87KB, 810x807px
>>32740208
it's not fair
surely we could e-mail nintendo or something and tell them to keep it on 3ds

mom and dad won't let me get a switch so i'm stuck with the 3ds!!!!
>>
No, I'd probably have a switch by then
>>
lol switch is gay system for normies

you couldn't pay me to own one
>>
>>32740208
I'd have a switch now if there wasn't a perpetual shortage of them
>>
>>32740629

yes, Kishimoto Togashi anon...
>>
>>32744666

>still having mom and dad

what are you? harry potter?
>>
File: IMG_0006.png (579KB, 788x1010px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.png
579KB, 788x1010px
>>32740208
I'm currently playing Pokémon black for the ds. Whatever releases on the switch will have no effect.
>>
>>32740208

if they handle meta game and in game challenge, for me they are really lost

>the story becomes fucking overwhelming on your POKEMON TRAINER ADVENTURE

nobody need fucking 10 FURIENDOS following you ever few steps

>the meta game shits on slower or weaker mon even if they are fully evolved

they are the worst game company I ever seen... no, really, they cannot balance fucking stats, I hate that I'm forced to use x mon because I cannot beat other players, I can't even use my favourites, what the fuck?!
>>
>>32744837
Pokémon red had a good layout. You only saw your rival a few times but the newer games is more light hearted. Gary was an enemy and now your rivals are friends.
>>
>>32744837

plus the story itself is boring as fuck
>>
File: 1458876393449.png (116KB, 228x260px) Image search: [Google]
1458876393449.png
116KB, 228x260px
>poorcucks no longer can play the games
>can't vote with their shit taste anymore
>Pokemon sales will decline, won't really effect any other series so who cares
>finally sales will reach a point where Game Shits might actually be forced to try to make a good game to put on the market or bleed money
Literally everyone wins but the Jews. We've needed this for years. Too many people willing to shovel dogshit in their mouth because it's accessible to every nigger under the sun. I didn't buy Shit and Piss and I won't buy the Ultra versions.
>>
>>32744911
>>poorcucks no longer can play the games

this console is getting cheaper and cheaper, plus they can buy it on 6 months credit or save 100€/$ once per month, the hell, even in poland this console looks cheap as fuck and it's poor country
>>
>>32744911

oh anon, please, maybe learn math first... there's over 20mln of adult players from countries like germany ect.
>>
I've mentioned this in another thread, but I don't really see Nintendo releasing another line of dedicated handhelds. It sounds too redundant, and would be a nightmare to market.
If we assume the least degree of evolution from the 3DS, we'd get something like a weaker Vita. Both budget balancing and marketing for games would prove really difficult to handle if they try to make it distinct from Switch. Even worse when factoring in trying to explain why games come to one over the other.

What I expect is that they'll release a cheaper, sturdier, and possibly portable only SKU of the Switch and market that for kids.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.