[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people think not liking every single mainline game. Means

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

So I dislike gen 7. But I like the others

Not every FF is good

Not every mario is good

Not every cod is good

Not every FE is good

But the minutuee someone says sun and moon were bad. People saying Pokemon is dead.

Pokemon has loyal fanbase. In 2017 it's making 240p games people buying it. It's very loyal. Any other game franchise couldn't do that.

I hope USM redeems gen 7 but not liking sun and moon doesn't mean franchise is dead
>>
>>32739025

I love gen 1, 2, and 3 and I think gen 4 was the worst gen. Almost made me drop the series entirely. Gen 5 was pretty shitty too. I like how im immune to being called a nostalgiafag genwunner though because gen 6 is absolutely based.

Gen 7 was okay. Better than 4 and 5, but that's it.
>>
>>32739096
this except I liked gen 5. I'm holing on to the tiny chance usum could make gen 7 great again
>>
I don't replay diamond pearl or ruby and sapphire if I want to visit gen 4 or gen 3. I play platinum and emerald.

So hopefully usm can help boost gen 7
>>
>>32739025
because with the exception of SM, every pokemon game is practically the same, they do little things to spice things up but they keep the same foundation and formula
>>
Somewhat related but can someone explain the "YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL WE'RE GETTING ANYTHING" mentality?
>>
>challenge roxie's gym in bw2
>battler her drummer
>the drums in the gym theme stop
>battle the gutarist; guitar stops

it's the attention to detail such as this that cement generation V as my favorite. they really couldn't be assed once VI started. that or moving to full 3d slowed them down so much they didn't have time to make the games feel more than one layer deep
>>
>>32739343
We could be metroid fans lol
>>
>>32739313
Anytime a game tries to shake things up it's usually regarded as the worst game ever

>R/S over hauled the stat system and didn't allow for trading up from gen 1 +2
>Hated for years since release

>B/W tried putting more emphasis on story and forced you to use new mons till you beat the story
>Is /vp/'s current whipping boy

>S/M got rid of gyms and replaced them with more varied activities that still served a similar purpose, introduced the totems that acted more like boss pokemon, etc.
>Hated since release
>>
Graphics don't matter, fps doesn't really matter. As long as you enjoy the game who cares. Are some games bad in a series yes. But graphics and fps alone don't make or brake a game. Can they add or subtract from the experience? Of course. The problem is simple. We gamers now a days are spoiled. I guarantee gamers of old didn't care about fps and graphics as much as we do now. Games are all about how much you enjoy the experience.
>>
i hope usum has a good story like gen 5 and a postgame like hgss
>>
>>32739025
Rest easy OP, the only people that say that are either shitposting or retarded.
I don't really know how to rate gens, but I know for sure that gen 6 and gen 7 are subpar, since they're the ones I enjoyed the least. I did enjoy them, but they felt half-assed to me. Not in a sense that they were rushed or anything, more like they didn't make an effort to make it good, just did the minimum. Also I hate how they think of good features but don't take advantage of them/exacute them poorly, or have great features but drop them the next games. I really hope UltraSM raises from the mediocrity we've seen in the 3DS.
>>
>>32739025

I dislike Alola and Kalos Region because of lack of new Pokémon introduced in those regions.
>>
>>32739436
>more varied activities
>>
File: fuckswords.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fuckswords.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
>>32739025
Because you're wrong, you moron.
Just because your retarded ass doesn't like Sun and Moon doesn't make them bad.

And if you liked EVERY mainline game before Sun and Moon that only drives the point home.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.