[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Get slammed into the wall >No way to break combos >Lose

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: Pokkentournament.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Pokkentournament.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>Get slammed into the wall
>No way to break combos
>Lose 75% of my health in one attack
Why is this game so frustrating to play?
>>
>>32737978
git gud
>>
>>32737982
Confirmed for never playing Pokken. Thanks for your useless post
>>
>>32737978
>No way to break combos
That's what the assists are for.
>>
>>32737997
It's pretty valid advice. If people are able to combo lock you so easily, then you should be able to do it too if you git gud. Otherwise you're just being retarded.
>>
File: 1468847193164.png (367KB, 636x358px)
1468847193164.png
367KB, 636x358px
>>32737997
>he got combo'd so bad that he made a rage thread over it
>gets angry over "git gud"
Holy shit it's almost as if you WANT to lose.
>>
I beat that game but I never played it online because I could never grasp how to play it correctly.
>>
>>32738081
Thanks for the great advice. You're so helpful
>>
no johns
>>
File: 1482506313476.gif (2MB, 400x378px)
1482506313476.gif
2MB, 400x378px
>>32737978
>Why is this game so frustrating to play?
more and more modern fighting games are trying to be more accessible, easiest way to do that is give players big damage for simple combos, and give you fewer options but each of those options is very powerful
consequence is it's very easy to get overrun by even a low leveled player, and until you get to a high level of gameplay the game seems very "random" in regards to who wins

personally i think pokken is too slow paced, not necessarily the frame data or movement (though i don't like the movement in this game either) but animations take way too long- super animations are cool the first time then it's just annoying, pika libre has that grab move that takes like 5 seconds for no good reason, etc.
on top of that there's the frequent camera shifting and phase shifting. so oftentimes it feels like you only make 2 or 3 real decisions in a match and spend the rest of the time watching your character die

it's the exception rather than the rule to have a burst mechanic. you get hit means you fucked up somewhere, now take your damage. the game would have to be reworked and balanced around such a mechanic, and the developers didn't want to take it in that direction evidently. you do have options on defense, there are assists with startup invulnerability to get your opponent off of you, or you can activate super mode (forget what it's called) to get a little breathing room

if you would like to improve i believe there is a dedicated pokken forum, don't know the name or how active it is but you'd probably get more help than complaining on this board. unless you just want to be told 'git gud'
even reddit would probably be more useful than this place, if nothing else there's probably some links to other resources
>>
>>32738169
You want real help, anon?
>learn character
>identify openings opponents can capitalize on
>learn what combos best
>figure out "safe" approaches, offensively and defensively
In other words
git fucking gud, scrublord.
>>
Youre playing a video game. Most of them a frustrating
>>
>>32737978
>>Get slammed into the wall
>>No way to break combos
>>Lose 75% of my health in one attack

Lemme guess, you played against a Garchomp
>>
What character do you play as and what character are you having issues with that this happens with?

>>32738038
As well as counter attacks and grab crushes if a grab is a part of the combo
>>
I thought the transition between modes was the built in anti-combo function.
>>
>>32739223
I mean it sort of acts that way, but obviously under any given system, people can find the most optimal way to not trigger it while still skirting the line.

there are certainly combos that can do around 4/10's to 1/2 of most of the cast's health, but they are hard to execute.
>>
>>32737978
Play someone with more than 500 hp.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.