[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>best songs >best arcs >best rival >best female companion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 10

File: pokemondp.png (351KB, 600x366px) Image search: [Google]
pokemondp.png
351KB, 600x366px
>best songs
>best arcs
>best rival
>best female companion
>best ash team
>best character development

Daily reminder the diamond & pearl anime still cant be topped
>>
File: 1496984564384.png (418KB, 724x478px) Image search: [Google]
1496984564384.png
418KB, 724x478px
>Best songs
XY&Z is better
>Best Arcs
Correct
>Best Rival
Sawyer is a better rival.
>Best female companion
Clemont is better
>Best Ash team
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>Best Character development
Alain > all dp characters
>>
D/P is for sure the most nostalgia anime for me.

Middle school waking up early each day to watch it on YTV (Canadian channel) and talk about it with my peers was fun
>>
File: 02016-07-30-21h56m11s195.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
02016-07-30-21h56m11s195.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
>>32736507
>Best songs
But it's first opening had fucking bagpipes in japan and was an incredibly shit rap in the dub, so loses by default in that category.
>>
>best songs
AG, by far. Advance Adventure, Spurt and Battle Frontier shit on DP's mediocre scores

>best arcs
Yes

>best rival
Yes

>best female companion
Haruka is still better

>best Ash team
XY & AG teams are better and far more memorable

>best character development
OS is still the best in that regard
>>
>>32736576
That rap was actually pretty badass for a Pokémon intro you fucking faggot.

NOTHING CAN STOP YOU DIAMOND AND PEARL WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
>>
>>32736507
>>best female companion
Literally a knock off May who was a failure.
>>
>>32736662
>for a pokemon intro
There's your problem. Anyone who thinks a shitty rap song is actually a good idea for a children's series about befriending colourful creatures must have some sort of mental affliction.
>>
File: 1484109396951.jpg (107KB, 750x661px) Image search: [Google]
1484109396951.jpg
107KB, 750x661px
>>32736549
>Clemont was a better female companion
>>
>>32736706
Did I fucking stutter?
>>
>>32736549
>Sawyer is a better rival.
and
>watching the dub
and
>Alain character development
Which didn't play at all into his rivalry or relationship with Ash. Great development.
>>
>>32736507
>Dawn
>best female companion
Not even close and you know it Pearlshitter.
>>
>>32736507
>people calling Ash losing the Kalos league bullshit when he lost the Sinnoh league to a guy with a team full of legendaries
>>
>>32738159
I still think that was bullshit.
>>
File: 1497132642023.webm (856KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497132642023.webm
856KB, 1280x720px
>>32736507
>character development
And with less episodes ;)
>>
>>32736706
Well, he's not wrong.
>>
File: 1395197041032.jpg (52KB, 396x400px) Image search: [Google]
1395197041032.jpg
52KB, 396x400px
>>32738159
Yet Kalos League was still a worst league by miles, and before you greentext "darkrai" all over my post let me at least explain my points

>both Leagues had the same amount of competitors (64); between the registration day until its conclusion, Sinnoh League required 8 episodes (DP182-189) to get to Ash's semifinal battle
>meanwhile, Kalos League took 7 episodes (XY125-131/XY&Z32-38) to get to the grand finals
>as a result, the Kalos League rushed itself right at the first episode, with Alan oneshotting through everything and Ash's first battle being cut off after first opponent's defeat, also after an oneshot
>meanwhile, Ash's first battle in DP was a well executed one with a climax moment between Heracross vs Kricketune using actual strategies such as Sleep Talk to counter Sing, instead of an OHKO fest
>the next episode of Kalos League jumps into Ash finishing a previous fought rival's ace and thus already securing himself the fucking semi-finals in episode TWO
>whereas Ash dug his way through an amazing battle against Conway and Paul, the latter still considered the best battle in the entire anime
>said battle took 3 breath-taking episodes
>whereas the battle against his main rival took 2 in the semi-finals
>and the Grand Finals, the one that was supposed to be his greatest moment yet even in the occasion that he lost, took only two episodes

Cont.
>>
>>32739913
Wasn't there an episode in XY where Serena also used Ash's Pikachu to battle?
>>
File: 1402715051097.jpg (74KB, 615x739px)
1402715051097.jpg
74KB, 615x739px
>>32740524
>while he lost to fucking Tobias in DP, his loss at the same time made him look glorious as he was the only person in the entire region to defeat his Darkrai just once and force him to reveal his second, and THEN defeat his second too, both of which that not even the finalist could achieve
>whereas in Kalos Ash-Greninja was shown from the start of the League as an undefeatable sweeping machine that could take Leaf Storms and Frenzy Plants and live through them
>yet he lost to Alan in the one time he gets to the finals
>also making Alan the only rival Ash has NEVER defeated on top of maintaining the status quo and crushing everyone's expectations that, after about 20 years, the anime would finally deliver a League Victory
>add on that the fact that the Kalos League was beyond any argument rushed and you'll reach the conclusion that they rushed through the anime's greatest moment just to give people false hope by making Ash move through to the finals and then making him lose to a guy who had never cared about the League to begin with until he was invited by Ash

It was a bloody mess of bad writing after bad writing that drives them to be the second worst League ever, and the ONLY reason it is not to be granted as the worst is because BW and Cameron exist. But when you bring it all together, the XY games were horrid, ORAS was worse and the anime season wasn't any better, thus making gen 6 the worst yet.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.