[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Teach me about the Crystal Battle Tower. What's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Battle Tower.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
Battle Tower.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
Teach me about the Crystal Battle Tower.

What's the best team you can use there? Which items are good, other than Leftovers?
What's the most important differences between the ten levels you can choose to challenge?
>>
Ask yourself if the prizes are worth the effort.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Tower_(Generation_II)
>>
>>32736506
Effort? The challenge is fun. In any case, I'm not playing for the prizes.
>>
If you challenge the upper levels you can bring ubers
>>
>What's the most important differences between the ten levels you can choose to challenge?
You can use all 251 Pokémon on levels 70~100. Remember that levels from 50 up are not available before entering the Hall of Fame.
>>
I hear Aerodactly is great at the level 10 challenge.
>>
>>32736573
And Aerodactyl can either be traded from RGBY or by exchanging a Chansey for it with a NPC on Route 14. The NPC's Aerodactyl has IVs (0~15, HP/Attack/Defense/Speed/Special) 8/9/6/6/6.
>>
>>32736604
The RBY Aerodactyl is much, much better than the NPC trade Aerodactyl, because Dragon Rage.

Dragon Rage beats lv.10 on its own. It will OHKO most things and 2HKO everything else, even Blissey.
>>
>>32736491
Use Gyarados, and make sure to teach it waterfall.
>>
File: faggotmarkop.png (634KB, 600x778px) Image search: [Google]
faggotmarkop.png
634KB, 600x778px
>guys I'm looking for a challenge
>now spoonfeed me the best teams

Go use your favourite mons and try to come up with your own teams and sets you retard.
There's always smogon if you're a cuckold, too.
>>
>>32736491
I completed the level 100 challenge with:
sd scizor
belly drum zard
restalk suicune,

the tower is fun, if you want more battles you should take your team to stadium 2
>>
>>32736617

Best option

>Breed male Aerodactly in C
>Trade to gen 1
>Teach Dragon Rage
>Trade back and use.
>>
>Level 100s
Use starmie lol
>>
>>32736784
What if you don't have the option to trade between gens?

Is it a reasonable idea to use a Dratini or a Horsea with Dragon Rage?
>>
File: 1352657507635.png (427KB, 1023x600px) Image search: [Google]
1352657507635.png
427KB, 1023x600px
>>32736491
obligatory
>>
>>32736816

They'll get outspeed and killed very quickly.
>>
>>32736784
Why breed when he can just trade it to RGBY and use TM23 to teach Dragon Rage?
>>
>>32736909

A)That one only has a special/speed D.V of 6.
B)Breeding it means not having boosting exp and having it start at a lower level so you can earn more stat.exp before it reaches level 10.
>>
>>32736909
breed for good iv's
>>
>>32736995

It's trade only in GSC I forget to say to explain my points.
>>
>>32736573
I heard skarm also walls nearly all of that tier a few months back.
>>
>>32736491
For the level 10 challenge, you can do it real easily at the cost of taking a while. Do something like:
Skarmory @ Leftovers
- Toxic
- Double Team
- Rest
-Sleep Talk

Jolteon @ Gold Berry
-Thunderbolt
-Shadowball
-Protect
-Mud Slap

Onix @ Gold Berry
-Earthquake
-Screech
-Iron Tail
-Protect

As was said, Skarmory is a god in the Level 10 challenge. Threats to Skarmory are Fire Punch Mr. Mime, Thunderbolt Lapras, and Thunderbolt Jolteon. There's also a Houndour, but it has no fire type moves. Just toxic, double team, and rest with Skarmory and win, switching out for the few counters. Take note that if you get Rest using Sleep Talk, you will go up to full health instead of failing.
>>
>>32737029
For the love of God, why Onix?
>>
>>32737835
Probably to deal with the Mr. Mime and jolteon he listed as some of the few mons that can touch skarm.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.