[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who else missed Kalos? Kalos thread i guess? https://www.yo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: walkthrough_sbc_benches.png (306KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
walkthrough_sbc_benches.png
306KB, 530x318px
Who else missed Kalos? Kalos thread i guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kgR0ehYw1g
>>
Shame it never got the chance of redeeming itself.
>>
>>32734549
I miss it and I didn't think I would

gen7 is slow as shit and have to use plaza over PSS
>>
>>32734549
Kalos was a far better region than Alola was. It's a shame that it didn't get a third version.
>>
>>32734552
Yeah, it had the potential. Platinum turned a rather underwhelming DP into one of the best Pokemon games. XY was decent enough on its own. It could've been amazing
>>
>>32734549
Even now there's still so much potential for another Kalos game, with Zygarde's appearance, its 5 coloured Cores matching XY/SM, its SM Pokédex entry referring to Xerneas and Yveltal (which is even weirder when you consider the lack of the National Dex), Resolution Cave and Ten Carat Hill, Z-Power, Dexio and Sina, Magearna and Eternal Floette's new updated Light of Ruin animation all linking back to it. XY/ORAS were all about how the timeline split in two, and now SM/USUM is all about alternate dimensions and portals. Please don't let it be "just a coincidence". I want this franchise to be good. I want an interconnected, multi-generational story. Please let it happen Gamefreak.
>>
Shit region
Shit legendary Pokémon
Zycuck a shit
Shit genwun pandering

The only thing kalos had going for it was professor Sycamore's theme.
>>
alola being shit does not suddenly make me miss the shitness of kalos
>>
How could I miss it? That chibi style with the blocky towns looks garbage.
>>
If the next games (or the games after) aren't Kalos games, I'll be severely disappointed. All this shit about Zygarde and its connections to both Earth and space and XY and SM and mythology and shit, all being set up as some sort of great foreshadowing. If it all turns out to be nothing I'll lose all faith I've ever had in Gamefreak.

I hope the future lineup of games will be DP remakes and XY third version(s). Then Gen 8 can start on the 25th anniversary.
>>
File: IMG_0823.jpg (75KB, 656x393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.jpg
75KB, 656x393px
>>32734549
Kalos is the comfiest and prettiest region we've ever had. It's so sad it was ruined by the "faux seasons" they tried to pull and that ugly Lumiose Badlands area.
>>
I just miss a non tropical island region. Having alola twice now after oras was a mistake
>>
>>32734730
Consiering that ORAS came out the year after XY, they could easily have Sinnoh remakes come out after USUM (especially considering that USUM are just third versions) and then Kalos games after that. Even more so if USUM has new Pokémon as the trailer stated, making it Gen 7.5

XY - 2013
ORAS - 2014
------
SM - 2016
---
USUM - 2017
DP remakes - 2018
XY thirds - 2019
------
Gen 8 - 2021 (25th anniversary)
>>
>>32734884
That's a lot of games for a single generation. But I guess if USUM has new Pokémon as well as new Alola forms that would be fine? And if both the DP remakes and the XY thirds have new Megas and/or Sinnoh/Kalos forms it would be even better. They just better make them good then if this "one and a half" generation has to last 5 years.
>>
>>32734730
>>32734884

Hate to burst bubbles, but USUM are likely the last games of gen 7. The pokebank datamine revealed that there are only 4 slots for "clover" games (IE the symbol used to show if a pokemon was born in a gen 7 game). The most we could hope for would be XY followups, as there are still two unused pentagon games; but even that is unlikely because the symbol is for the generation, not the region itself (ORAS had the kalos symbol for example). Those last two pentagons were likely just future proofing on Nintendo's part and won't be used, although I would be the last one complaining if they did.

Sorry folks. Kalos is one of my favorite regions and I want a followup as much as anybody, but the next games are most likely gen 8 on the switch

RIP Kalos, only the good die young
>>
>>32734969
on a side note though, people would shit themselves if the gen 8 games were set in the region next to Kalos that was in the great war and we got a Kalos postgame to tie up all the loose ends.
>>
>>32734857
preeeach.
>>
I really love Kalos and its Pokemon, the whole game has so much potential but besides the Pokemon and the Looker Bureau quest it isn't close to reaching it. I dream of a world where Z happened.

>>32734884
We're already out of internal data slots for Gen VII games after USUM. Gen VIII on Switch is probably happening in the next two years, most likely next year based on info we've gotten from job listings.

The only way it wouldn't would be if GF decided to be absolute madmen and go back to Gen VI to use one or both of those final two slots for games the generation never used and give Kalos the finale it deserves.
>>
>>32734706
>so much potential for another Kalos game
There isn't.
The only thing of interest left is Zygarde, and there's not much you can do with it. Something comes up, it protects "ecosystem". That's literally all you can do with it.
>>
>>32734969
>implying they can't just update Pokémon Bank
I mean I don't actually believe that would happen, but Pokémon Bank is really not an argument.
>>
>>32735002
Or if they just added more "internal data slots" as they so easily could do within a single day.
>>
>>32735015
Of course you can't come up with something when you're not even trying.
>>
>>32735015
>there's no potential because I say so
Whatever you say John Gamefreako.
>>
>>32735024
It's not just pokemon bank, it's in SM too. 6 pentagon games, 4 clover games, 7 GB games, and 1 weird symbol that looks like pokemon go. That's it. They would need to patch all of gen 7 to add more slots, which isn't likely at all
>>
>>32735040
Come up with something, then. Remember, no big explosions or anything that can potentially damage the ecosystem. Let's see how not generic can you be.
>>
>>32734712
>Shit legendary Pokémon
>Zycuck a shit
t. animeonlyfag
>>
>>32735031
Just like they could have done with ORAS exclusive moves/items/forms in general VI. This is GF we're talking about, updates and patches aren't happening.
>>32734996
This would be dank though. tfw GF trolled us all with SM
>>
>>32735058
Wait, if USUM introduces new Pokémon like both the trailer and the "leaks" say, will they even use the same symbol then? What if they end up using a new symbol altogether?
>>
>>32735148
New forms are always advertised as new pokemon in every pokemon game that has had new forms. Don't believe that we're getting anything beyond marshadow in the dex or you will be of disappoint
>>
>>32735059
As a Kalos game and a third version, of course it would have to be based on XY. But as Crystal, Emerald, Platinum and now Ultra SM shows, it is still entirely possible to add new stuff and expand on the old stuff to make it even better. For Kalos third versions, they could do this by expanding the region to be larger in size, introducing new cities/towns, routes and landmark areas. Southern Kalos is already a thing mentioned multiple times, and is even connected to a Mythical Pokémon (Volcanion). Changing the story of XY by drawing inspiration from both the XY&Z anime as well as Ultra Sun/Moon would enable them to basically write a whole new story. Mix the version differences from X and Y, expand the backstory, explore the Ultiamte Weapon and how it managed to split the timeline in two, pull a Deoxys and make Diancie and Magearna part of the story (the Ultimate Weapon as well as the Anistar Sundial are made of diamonds afterall, and Magearna is literally a living miniature Ultimate Weapon given life using Infinity Energy). Speaking of Magearna and alternate universes, this makes for a perfect connection to Alola (Magearna was made for the royal family and the UBs come from another dimension). We know Zygarde is in Alola for a reason, as Dexio outright says so when you collect all 100 Cells. The anime hinted that Team Flare stole the Mega Keystone that the Draconids used to Mega Evolve Rayquaza thousands of years ago, which Zinnia stated in ORAS would be resting atop of Sky Pillar, yet when you go there it is gone (which is also why Zinnia had to come up with a Plan B and Plan C in the first place). We can see on Zygarde's Cores that it is connected to Solgaleo and Lunala as well as Xerneas and Yveltal, which is also evident in the fact that Z-Power (which comes from Ultra Space) has "Z" in its name. We also now know that Looker is part of the UB Taskforce, which they could also implement into Kalos.

I would add even more, but I'm at the word limit now.
>>
>>32735236
And if you want even more, you could even incorporate Ho-Oh into the story as well. Xerneas extends life, Yveltal shortens it. Ho-Oh can resurrect the dead. It fits thematically. Plus, we literally have a character dying in Kalos too, as well as an undead immortal who would probably like to be cured. Lugia could be in the post-game too, seeing as the Sea Spirit's Den is literally a reference to it. And it fits even better now that there's a Ho-Oh movie on the way.
>>
>>32735236
I would also like to mention that in the anime, Team Flare showed that using Zygarde's and the Mega Keystone's powers on plantlife, it would grow excessively and become red & black. Sounds a lot like a certain eternal flower we've seen in the games. This could also be incorporated into Kalos third version(s), and bring the ecosystem into the mix which has been weirdly omitted in both XY/ORAS/SM and probably also USUM.
>>
Can't wait until gen 8. So everyone can say they miss aloha
>>
>>32735265
Don't forget the Gold and Silver VC releases.

And the Crystal VC release that will come later.
>>
>>32735330
>aloha
>>
File: 1477427614966.jpg (44KB, 700x385px) Image search: [Google]
1477427614966.jpg
44KB, 700x385px
>tfw Kalos was the first time I got back into Pokemon after years
>Really got into it, even got back into the anime
>Despite all it's flaws, I fell in love with the region
>Really felt like a child playing Pokemon again at times
>ORAS happens and it's trash
>Don't worry much, Z is surely gonna come after it
>SM happens and they are even bigger trash
>Zygarde gets put on a pointless side-quest with no conclusion
>USUM happens now
>Z never ever
>>
File: Problem with exploring the split.png (83KB, 1032x1588px) Image search: [Google]
Problem with exploring the split.png
83KB, 1032x1588px
>>32735236
So it's not that the existing lore of Kalos has potential, you just want a whole new Kalos. New areas, new lore, new everything. Focus on southern Kalos, not the Kalos we know and had. But a new Kalos. Focus on new Pokemon, ones that aren't even Kalosian like Magearna.
Anon, that can be done from ANYWHERE. ANY region can have new areas added. There's no reason to pick Southern Kalos over a new region. Because they're the same. Southern Kalos is a new region, and that's what you're asking for. A new region.

As for the only part that did have something to do with Kalos, exploring the weapon, they already did. There's nothing else left to explore there. It didn't split the timeline in two. That's not said anywhere. The only thing ever mentioned was that in the other world, a war and a weapon never even existed. Thus, it couldn't be the weapon that split anything. It just means there were two worlds, one of which had the weapon, the other didn't. Simple as that.
>>
Ah the feels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYf6yrKzLzA
>>
XY needed a third version more than SM did
>>
>>32735485
This. SM feels finsihed (even though the post game is as barebones as XY)
>>
>>32736703
>SM feels finsihed
kek
>>
What I miss the most is Calem and Serena. I gave Cal a lot of shit for having a bland default design and far less customs than Serena, but they still managed to look pretty good. Can't stand the new kids at all.
>>
>>32737185
Yeah, they look pretty classy but still adventurous enough
>>
>>32734552
This. I wanted to see a more fleshed out version of it with focus on Complete Zygarde stuff. But that would postpone the development of SM who would have to appear on the Nintendo Switch then which I rather not want.
>>
>>32735480
Damm, are you stupid.
>>
>>32734549
I don't miss Kalos at all, though I do wonder if a third version would've fixed my issues with its games. I didn't like Sinnoh at first but Platinum made me warm up to it, maybe Z would've done the same.
>>
I blame ISIS for terrorism
>>
>>32735063
t. Zycuck
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.