[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friendly reminder that Gold is superior to Silver.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 14

File: Gold_JP_boxart.png (763KB, 720x902px) Image search: [Google]
Gold_JP_boxart.png
763KB, 720x902px
Friendly reminder that Gold is superior to Silver.
>>
File: Ho-Oh.jpg (330KB, 1000x726px) Image search: [Google]
Ho-Oh.jpg
330KB, 1000x726px
Correct
>>
nah lugia shits on ho-oh
>>
File: 1483581325986.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483581325986.png
17KB, 400x400px
no
>>
>only exclusives worth caring about are Teddiursa, Phanpy, Skarmory
>Silver always has Skarmory and either Teddiursa or Phanpy based on region
>Gold always just has Phanpy or Teddiursa based on region

nah
>>
>>32734529
>Skarmory
This is the best that Silver fans have, folks. It is all they have.
>>
The games are some of the most similar of all the dual version games, you don't even get an exclusive legendary
>>
>>32734562
But that's how you do versions like these. They are distinguishable by the Pokémon sprites and the focus given to the Pokémon on the cover.

Crystal even makes Ho-Oh indirectly part of the story since you need to encounter Suicune before being allowed atop the Tin Tower.
>>
>>32734527
A pot belly bird with huge hands
>>
>>32734524
you get a stronger Lugia in Gold tho
>>
>>32734570
>But that's how you do versions like these
By making the two versions border on indistinguishable?
That's pretty retarded anon.
>>
>>32734573
My mom's turkey
>>
>>32734573
Lugia is based on the Ryūjin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryūjin
>>
>>32734579
>indistinguishable
But that's wrong.
>>
>>32734586
>what is reading comprehension
>>
>>32734529
>skarmory
>a pokémon that can be found only after the 7th gym
Wow it's fucking nothing
>>
>>32734570
>They are distinguishable by the Pokémon sprites and the focus given to the Pokémon on the cover.
The problem with that is that separate sprites do nothing and there is no focus on either cover mon. You can beat the game without ever encountering them.
>>
>>32734591
>all the version exclusives in GS
>only available after the seventh gym or shitmons, if not both

Wow it's fucking nothing.
>>
>>32734604
>separate sprites do nothing
Only if you're an idiot. I can easily tell Gold and Silver apart by looking at the sprites alone and without any other hint.
>there is no focus on either cover mon
Just because you like being spoonfed it doesn't make what you said true. You receive the Rainbow Wing in Gold and the Silver Wing in Silver as part of the main plot.
>>
>>32734615
>I can easily tell Gold and Silver apart by looking at the sprites alone and without any other hint.
They're fucking sprites you retard. How do they affect the game on any meaningful way?

>You receive the Rainbow Wing in Gold and the Silver Wing in Silver as part of the main plot.
One its the Rainbow Wing you fuckwit.
Two you never have to fucking encounter either legend during the story. That's like saying Mewtwo has a strong focus in RBY because of the diary entries.
Not to mention you can get both of them in either game.

Do you even know what you're talking about?
>>
>>32734628
>Do you even know what you're talking about?
You clearly don't, otherwise you would have read before replying.
>>
>>32734604
>You can beat the game without ever encountering them.

Not following the rest of this argument but I seriously hope you aren't implying this is a bad thing.
>>
>>32734631
Nice argument there.
Just ignore everything being said to you and respond with a "no, you're wrong!"

At least try to shitpost with some effort.
>>
>>32734632
You might want to read it before posting next time.
>>
>>32734637
It wasn't a shitpost, you started by correcting me on something that wasn't wrong in the first place and then you talk as if someone owes you anything when they don't.
>>
>>32734631
>read before replying.
You mean the thing you didn't do when you started this?
>>
>>32734644
I'm not the one spreading falsehoods so no.
>>
>>32734643
>you started by correcting me on something that wasn't wrong in the first place
Don't tell me that you actually think it was called the Gold Wing.
>>
>>32734651
That's all you've been doing.
>>
>>32734654
Again, go read what I posted. I never mentioned a Gold Wing.
>>
>>32734615
>You receive the Rainbow Wing in Gold and the Silver Wing in Silver as part of the main plot.
Does it really matter which one you get first if neither legend is part of the main plot and both are available in either game?

In the end the only difference between the two games are just some throwaway shitmon. The two versions are pretty much the same
>>
>>32734680
>Does it really matter which one you get first if neither legend is part of the main plot and both are available in either game?
Yes because it's fun. The game isn't handholding you and lets you explore and discover stuff.
>shitmon
We're arguing objective facts here, not opinions.
>>
>>32734683
>We're arguing objective facts here, not opinions.
You're going to say this and then answer the first part with an irrelevant opinion?

Dude, this whole thing started because you didn't want to accept that the games are the most similar games to date.
>>
>>32734707
>stating that a game not guiding you at every step is a good thing is an opinion
Is this really what you are implying?
>>
>>32734683
>The game isn't handholding you and lets you explore and discover stuff.
What does that have to do with the fact that the games have very little differences?
>>
>>32734718
>Yes because it's fun
Yeah because that's the only part of you post. When it comes to exploration though GSC is the worst because of how small it is but that's a different matter.
>>
>>32734736
>also some pokemons are more common in silver
And?
>>
>>32734514
what is crystal
>>
>>32734722
Why is having such "little" differences a bad thing? It's fairer because you're not penalized for not having either version (which makes sense considering it was a game directed by Tajiri—and the last one, unfortunately, since Crystal was already by Masuda).

Meanwhile, Red and Green can only be distinguished by their exclusive Pokémon.

>>32734731
OK, now you're replying to my opinion (it being fun) with your opinion.
>>
>>32734514
>Lugia is the best of the two legendaries
>Silver has the best physical wall in Skarmory, while Gold has a shitty version of both Blissey and Gyarados in Mantine
>Vulpix line and Meowth line are exclusive of Silver, so that means that if you transfer them to SM or USM they can have their HA and if you breed them the offspring will be in their Alolan Form and save time without entering in SOS Battles.
>because of no ability Ledian is better in-game than Ariados (taking in mind that both are shit in-game)
>both legendaries can be caught in-game but only the cover legendary has its signature move so you can se Lugia's magnificent Aeroblast animation instead of Ho-Oh's boring Sacred Fire animation.
Silver IS the superior version, boy.
>>
>>32734749
The ultimate classic Pokémon game, unfortunately crippled outside Japan due to Americans being so behind technology and with Europe having to depend on Americans at the time when it comes to localization.
>>
>>32734752
>OK, now you're replying to my opinion (it being fun) with your opinion.
A fact isn't an opinion boyo.
Johto is the smallest region to date and has very little focus on exploration as a consequence.
>>
>>32734773
Hoenn and Sinnoh, perhaps even Unova, allow for better exploration because they're bigger but that doesn't mean Johto isn't explorable (it is).
>>
>>32734798
>but that doesn't mean Johto isn't explorable (it is).
Reading comprehension.
Little doesn't mean none you idiot
>>
File: 1478382440503.jpg (21KB, 424x382px) Image search: [Google]
1478382440503.jpg
21KB, 424x382px
>>32734757
>can get Vulpix and Meowth in blue hence not needing Silver
>>
>>32734801
>Little doesn't mean none you idiot
Given your attitude, it might as well be synonymous. It's OK to have bad taste, Anon, don't feel so embarassed.
>>
>>32734837
He says while having the constant urge tty of validate his opinions.
>>
>>32734514
Friendly remind johto is the best region
>>
>>32734874
And?
You haven't really added anything to the conversation.

No wonder you went wuthering thoughtless celestial, you don't think before you post
>>
>>32734514
>buying original Gold and Silver
>not knowing the glitch that makes you have all the 3 starters
I hope you don't forget about it, /vp/.
>>
File: 1367414097360.jpg (79KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
1367414097360.jpg
79KB, 600x541px
>>32734514

>There are people who chose Yaoi hands dinosaur over glorious Vermilion Bird of the South
>>
>>32734943
>I simply said tto take those into account.
For what purpose?
It's completely irrelevant.
>>
>>32734514

I'm playing it right now and god, new pokemon games are lacking in the climate of the old gbc pokemon world, everything in newer games feels so forced...
>>
>>32735020
What climate?
Just about every asset is just pasted from RBY.
>>
>>32734757
>Lugia is the best of the two legendaries
even if you think that (which is wrong btw) the gold Lugia is higher leveled than the silver one
>Silver has the best physical wall in Skarmory, while Gold has a shitty version of both Blissey and Gyarados in Mantine
fair point, but i dont like any of those two mons anyways (also if you like stall kill yourself)
>Vulpix line and Meowth line are exclusive of Silver, so that means that if you transfer them to SM or USM they can have their HA and if you breed them the offspring will be in their Alolan Form and save time without entering in SOS Battles.
they are so common nowadays that you only need to put a pokemon on gts, ask for that pokemon and get it with potentially max IVs
Also keep in mind, that you cant breed them with an everstone if you want the alola version, which makes the nature random
>because of no ability Ledian is better in-game than Ariados (taking in mind that both are shit in-game)
ariados is still the better looking pokemon and that smal difference doesnt even matter
>both legendaries can be caught in-game but only the cover legendary has its signature move so you can se Lugia's magnificent Aeroblast animation instead of Ho-Oh's boring Sacred Fire animation.
you mean you get a flying type attack from a base 90 attack pokemon instead of a fire type attack from a base 110 special attack that also burn opponent 50% of the time

that last point alone shows that gold is better
>>
>>32735033

new pokemon games except 4th gen era [very good graphic for a pokemon games] looks like some sort of forced jp rpg meme, pokemon games always had very small amount of plot or details and were giving us big amount of freedom, the world itself felt more believable
>>
>>32735139
What does any of this even mean in this contexts?
Sounds like you're just trying to shit on other gens for no reason.
>>
>>32735139

you must replay gsc to understand what's wrong with newer games

we really need "story mode" and "adventure mode"
>>
>>32735139
>looks like some sort of forced jp rpg meme
Excuse me?
How can designs be "forced"?
Why is gen 4 excempt when it follows similar design cues hell even HGSS does.

What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>32735146

>you starting your game and eventually meeting allies
>nobody forcing on you cutscenes, tutorial or forced scripts for "le story" it's all going naturally
>you are mostly free to go anywhere you like untill you meet plot wall which ain't as often as in newer games, you have really open world
>pixel art npcs looks more believable and not as lifeless as newer sprites or models except gen 4th
>>
>>32734514
I had gold and your wrong.
>cant pick fire starter because fire legendary
>>
>>32735212

man I hope that gf is reading this thread, we need split the game mode into story and balanced advanture like gen 1-2 please gf, tone your games, I once complained that pokemon needs more story but I was wrong, the main problem is the size of the world itself
>>
>>32735214
>>nobody forcing on you cutscenes, tutorial or forced scripts for "le story" it's all going naturally
>using the main legendary
not to mention you get ho-oh in silver as well
>>
>>32735212
>>you starting your game and eventually meeting allies
Just like every game to date.
>>nobody forcing on you cutscenes, tutorial or forced scripts for "le story" it's all going naturally
Okay? The only game that really applies to is SM. But at the same time GSC both had a story and a fairly bad one at that.
>>you are mostly free to go anywhere you like untill you meet plot wall which ain't as often as in newer games, you have really open world
Not really no. You only get a choice at I think it was ekruteak other than that it's a linear path. Both gen 3 and 4 work similarly.
>>pixel art npcs looks more believable and not as lifeless as newer sprites or models except gen 4th
You keep on saying "lifeless" but what does that mean? I mean you're saying that gen 2 and 4 have more life while completely disregarding things like gen 5's animations which gave new personality to older mon.

>>32735214
>the main problem is the size of the world itself
So what, you want a smaller world than Gen 2 now?
>>
>>32735270
that first line of text shouldnt be there
sorry guys
>>
>>32735212
>nobody forcing on you cutscenes, tutorial or forced scripts for "le story" it's all going naturally
uhm
sure they do
the only reasons there are no "cutscenes" is, that the GBC wasnt ready for that
there were quite a few times when you couldnt do anything because story was happening

>you are mostly free to go anywhere you like untill you meet plot wall which ain't as often as in newer games, you have really open world
was there even a single time when you could get to the next town if you hadnt finished the current town? they were mostly blocked in a way that you had the badge or some other stuff
>>
>>32735033
False.
>>
>>32735340
Check for yourself. They were all just downgraded RBY assets.
>>
>>32735352
The Gold and Silver engine might have started as a modified Red and Green engine and that was probably still the case in 1997/1998 but it was overhauled significantly by release.

This is not debatable.
>>
>>32735293
>guy in route under Violet City wouldn't leave until you beat Falkner
>Farfetch'd event wouldn't trigger until you beat Bugsy
>can't get the Squirtbottle (or whatever it is called) until you beat Whitney
>need to beat Morty before beating gyms 5-7
>guy in Mahogany blocks you until you have 7 badges
Only freedom you have are between gyms 5-7.
>>
>>32734514
Wanting gay fearo instead of based luigia.
That'sa wrong pal
>>
>>32735369
>wanting shitty aeroblast gimmick instead of 50%burn sacred fire
you still get your lugia, but golds lugia is better, even without its shitty gimmick-move
>>
>>32735360
You do realise that an engine and assets are two completely different things right?
And no it did not recieve a "significant" overhaul.
>>
>>32735273

you literally cannot beat first 2 kalos towns and routes because they are focing on you stupid "firends" interaction, so stop bullshiting, the same with BW
>>
People are treating lugia as a birb instead of the canon sea-dragon he is
>>
>>32735390
But it did, Gold and Silver have a much more solid foundation than Red and Green. An overhaul doesn't impede backwards compatibility.

The assets they reused were to keep Kanto consistent with Red and Green, not Blue or Yellow (which is why to us Westerners it looks different because our Red and Blue uses the assets of Japanese Blue).
>>
>>32735360
Dude, except for the tower sprites just about everything was from RBY but with a significant loss in detail.
Which is understandable given how much the game changed during development.
>>
>>32735407
>But it did, Gold and Silver have a much more solid foundation than Red and Green.
You do realise that wouldn't require a huge change to the engine right?
>>
>>32735404
>flying/psychic not water/dragon
>sheds feathers
It's a bird.
>>
>>32735418
What would you define "major" then?
>>
>>32735404
>its flying/psychic type
>its signature move is flying type

gee.... i wonder why people treating it that way
>>
>>32735429
See >>32734582
>>
>>32735440
How does that help you?
>>
>>32735457
It's a dragon sea god, by definition.
>>
>>32735467
The Ryujin is.
Lugia isn't.
>>
>>32735467
Lugia doesn't have anything in common with the Ryujin beyond the fact they live under the Sea.
I mean, Lugia isn't a dragon nor does it control the tides and the reason it's under the Sea is because of the storms it causes by flapping it's wings.
>>
>>32735488
>beyond the fact they live under the Sea
Its colors.
>>
>>32735555
What about them?
The Ryujin isn't even depicted with the same colors
>>
>>32734582
what makes you think that? it has more similarities to the Watatsumi
>>
>>32735574
The Ryūgū-jō (Ryūjin's palace) has the same colors as Lugia's Shiny form.

>>32735577
Yes, which is why Sea Spirit's Den in Kalos is called Watatsumi's Den in Japanese. It is a clear reference to Lugia.
>>
>>32735615
>The Ryūgū-jō (Ryūjin's palace) has the same colors as Lugia's Shiny form.
And how does that make Lugia itself the Dragon?
You didn't think this through did you.
>>
>>32735629
>And how does that make Lugia itself the Dragon?
It not being a Dragon-type has no influence on its status as a dragon or dragon-like creature. Charizard is Fire/Flying but it's still based on an European dragon.
>>
>>32735615
>Yes, which is why Sea Spirit's Den in Kalos is called Watatsumi's Den in Japanese.
You know, that's why I hate movie 2.
It forced a relationship between the birds and Lugia and everyone just went with it from then on.
>>
>>32735656
The Watatsumi and Ryūjin are related, by the way.

Also, my bad. Game Freak called it Wadatsumi's Den, not Watatsumi's Den. It's correct either way but I wanted to clarify that.
>>
>>32735648
Okay so
It doesn't look like a dragon let alone the Ryujin.
It has more in common with the palace than the Dragon itself.
It doesn't control the seas.
And resides under the Sea as a way not to harm people with the storms it creates while the Ryujin will beat a jellyfish's bones to dust just because it didn't bring him a monkey's liver to eat.

Where's the connection between it and the Dragon.
>>
>>32735672
Okay?
I clearly was referring to the fact that the Birds are found there and a connection to Lugia is implied rather than the Dragon thing.
>>
>>32735674
>Where's the connection between it and the Dragon.
Why does it have to completely match the object in which it was inspired on? Lugia is not a bird.
>>
>>32735707
>it doesnt have to completly match
>only the things i say matter, even if its based on a theory
>>
>>32735707
>Lugia is not a bird.
Despite the fact that it has more in common with birds and air spirits than dragons and water spirits.

Right.
>>
>>32734680
>throwaway shitmon
And Skarmory. Which is a Silver exclusive.
>>
>>32735707
>Lugia is not a bird.
>sheds feathers
>flying not dragon
>controls storms and not the sea

It doesn't have to completely match but you're saying it's based on something without any real connections to it.
>>
>>32734773
Nigger the caves have a shitload of secrets in Johto. That's the exploration you do in GSC/HGSS.
>>
>>32735730
Right, because the fact that Lugia is the guardian deity of the sea much like the Watatsumi aka Ryūjin proves there is no correlation, none at all.

And not every animal that has wings and flies is classified as a bird.
>>
>Lugia will never have a part-dragon Mega to finally complete the dragon/phoenix duality with Ho-Oh
>>
>>32735752
>Lugia is the guardian deity of the sea
It's not dude. It fled to the sea in fear of its own powers.
This is something that's established in game. Through both pokedex entries and the GSC lore.
The only game so far to even imply as such is XY and it doesn't even make an appearance.

>And not every animal that has wings and flies is classified as a bird.
Alright then.
Find a creature with wings, feathers and a beak that can also fly that isn't a bird.
>>
>>32735808
Lugia doesn't have a proper beak. That means a dinosaur can also describe it. Also dragons don't exist and sometimes, especially the modern ones, can be depicted as such.
>>
>>32735828
So what you're saying is that you can't.
>>
>>32735808
>Find a creature with wings, feathers and a beak that can also fly that isn't a bird.
>and a beak
Which Lugia doesn't have.
>>
>>32735832
I'm not the guy you were arguing with. I agree it's a bird, but if you were to put me on the witness stand and make me testify under oath that it couldn't be a dragon, I wouldn't say so.
>>
>>32735843
Then you would just be sitting there awkwardly in court.
>>
>>32735832
Dude, it's a pokemon. It doesn't have to literally be a bird. It's just some big-ass, flying monster.
You show me a bird that flies with big fingery hands wings.
>>
File: Silver_JP_boxart.png (728KB, 720x902px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_JP_boxart.png
728KB, 720x902px
>>32735808
Where is Lugia's beak, Anon?
>>
>>32735808
An owl
>>
>>32735863
Right on the end of its face anon.
You realise that just because it's the same color as it's body doesn't mean it's not there right.
>>
File: 250px-724Decidueye.png (51KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-724Decidueye.png
51KB, 250x250px
>>32735876
Touchè
>>
>>32735863
Not to mention its wings are more akin to flippers than actual wings it gives of feathers cause a flake of flipper doesnt sound as good,
"but it can fly dumbass"
Its a psychic type bitch.
>>
>>32735857
>You show me a bird that flies with big fingery hands wings.
Any bird that has longer feathers at the end of the wings.
>>
>>32735876
The other anon is silly for implying that owls are birds desu.
>>
>>32735891
>"but it can fly dumbass"
>Its a psychic type bitch.
Not the beak anon but it uses its wing to fly.
It's never used them to swim.
>>
>>32735907
Start up a copy of silver and look at the title screen animation its flying through the ocean with its wing flippers
>>
>>32734514
All the cool kids picked Silver though, just like how all the cool kids picked Ruby and Diamond. Remember the middle school days? lol
>>
>>32735920
Cool kids are trendy homos, of course they are sheeple.
>>
>>32735915
>its flying through the ocean with its wing flippers
You realise that they don't move at all in either the Silver opening or Soul Silver one right?

It just kind of moves like an eel would.
>>
>>32735907
This tho
>>
File: flying i guess.gif (692KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
flying i guess.gif
692KB, 500x333px
>>32735907
>>
>>32735209
>>32735169

I get what he is saying. I bought Moon on release like most of you, but after I was done beating it I bought Blue on virtual console and played that again too. Blue was honestly more fun. I never had to stop my adventure to listen to my faggot friends talk about some bullshit. I had freedom, and it was my story, not anyone elses. The fun literally never stops in gens 1-2 though it is a bit annoying in gen 1 to have to do all that rocket shit in Saffron, but that's still gameplay, not dialogue and cutscenes and you still have to walk in the building and do it. You can always leave and head elsewhere.
>>
>>32735938
So instead of trying to prove your point you find the exact thing is said here >>32735935 to prove mine?
Alright then.

If don't think you really know how flippers work.
>>
File: tumblr_mnxkjmGw1E1srufk3o1_500.gif (207KB, 500x234px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mnxkjmGw1E1srufk3o1_500.gif
207KB, 500x234px
>>32735958
Yep i disctinctly remeber severall aquatic animals having to vigorously flap their flippers in order to generate forward motion, they difinitely dont mostly glide through the water and use them for turns and fine steering
>>
>>32734514
I'm like Lugia more than Ho-Oh, but Jesus Christ GF shilled the fuck out of Gold more than Silver.

>Silver Pros
>Skarmory and I guess Lugia for me
>Donphan and they weren't even gonna give you that if some madman didn't switch the exclusives before they were localized. You were gonna get Ursaring which isn't bad either but still.

Gold Pros
>Ho-Oh has a better signature move and a better stat to use it
>One of the fucking final alph puzzles require Ho-Oh to be in your party and none require lugia
>You don't have to get either legendary, but hey at least I'm not trying to fucking guess which island lugia is on with repels for the shitty encounters along the way. And using a whirlpool HM slave with that.
>>
File: lugia.gif (4MB, 623x433px) Image search: [Google]
lugia.gif
4MB, 623x433px
>>32735907
>>
>>32735958
A seal or a whale wouldn't move its flippers. The only animal that flaps its "flippers" to swim are penguins, which is a bird. The fact that it doesn't move its wings to fly actually detracts from the argument that it is a bird. Not the guy who made the original argument btw.
>>
>>32735992
Game Freak also developed Crystal by modding Gold instead of Silver. Feel free to look this up.
>>
>>32735988
They certainly don't just let them hang there like Lugia does.
Also thanks for saving me the time looking for the original. You're doing my own job for me.

>they difinitely dont mostly glide through the water and use them for turns and fine steering
So you don't know how they work.
>>
>>32736003
Based anon pulling a good gif
>>
>>32736003
>flaps downwards
>no upwards motion
Hm
>>
>>32735958
Hold on i gotta flap my flippers so i can get up to speed
>>
>>32735992
>>Donphan and they weren't even gonna give you that if some madman didn't switch the exclusives before they were localized. You were gonna get Ursaring which isn't bad either but still.
HeartGold and SoulSilver didn't change Teddiursa/Ursaring and Phanpy/Donphan outside Japan. But then again, they didn't change that Kanto trainer's Magikarp into Slowking again either.
>>
>>32736030
So wait now you think that an animal with a fin on its tail to provide motion is the same as a pokemon who lacks such a feature?

Come on dude. Use some common sense.
>>
>>32736013
that too. ty anon
>>
>>32736030
That's a realistic Kyogre right there.
>>
>>32736077
That's a whale, not a sea slug
>>
>>32736030
Also if you watch carefully they are actually moving slightly.
>>
>>32736081
Moving slightly just like the lugia gifs you would say?
>>
>>32736080
And what do you think Kyogre is?
>>
>>32736099
a bird
>>
>>32736095
>just like the lugia gifs you would say?
You mean the ones that don't?
>>
>>32736108
Clear tail thrusting animation in the gbc start screen. Just cause youre ignoring it doesnt mean it's not there
>>
>>32736119
So you've now moved from the wings to the tail.
The tail which lacks a fin for momentum unlike the whale.
>>
>>32736141
>>32736003
>>32735988
Which one you want it to be the evidence is right here
>>
>>32736147
>the evidence is right here
No wing movement in the water.
No tail fin for thrust.
Seems like there's not much evidence for you.
>>
>>32735992
>>32736013
Pretty sure there's a main version for every mainline game that they then modify to get the second one. For example, it's pretty clear that Sapphire was developped before Ruby (the story makes a lot more sense in Sapphire, Camerupt submarine in Ruby...). I wonder about the others.
>>
>>32736161
Its clearly flapping its wings in the water in the anime gif but okay sure you've ignored the things that make you wrong but okay
>>
>>32736168
>the story makes a lot more sense in Sapphire
Not really no.
>>
>>32736173
Dude, the only thing making you "right" is a vague anime gif.
>>
>>32736099
It's obviously a blue angel sea slug.
>>
>>32736194
You heard it here first folks i was right on an internet forum
>>
>>32736215
Yeah you sure were "right".
>>
>>32736168
Yeah sure getting a super volcano to erupt sure is conducive to reducing land mass
>>
>>32734576

No Aeroblast without Stadium 2.
>>
>>32736280
Doesn't really make sense for a water based team to be training water mon either.
>>
>>32734514
Say that again? Sorry, I think I heard you wrong...
>>
>>32736423
It's not like having Stadium 2 (actually 3, though not by that name) is a bad thing.
>>
>>32736423
sacred fire still beats it in both power (thanks to ho-ohs higher special attack) and better side effect
>>
>>32736456

Stadium 2 isn't coming to the VC so the VC release of Gold/Sliver has to rely entirely on themselves.
>>
>>32736168
>I wonder about the others.
I'd say that Ruby, Diamond and X make more sense.
>Erupting volcano
>Stealing a sub
>training water types
Aqua wouldn't need to do any of that.
>rewrite time with Dialga
Needless to say that's a far easier method than Palkia.
>Ultimate Weapon is powered by life force
Who else is better than Xerneas the pokemon that exudes it?

Black and White or Sun and Moon could go either way.
>>
>>32736512
It's a shame that Sacred Ash is an item that expires after use, though. Exactly like the Berserk Gene.
>>
>>32736539
>Stadium 2 isn't coming to the VC
Yet.
>>
>>32736552

Stadium 1 didn't come to the VC with RBY and it's still not here. 2 isn't coming.
>>
>>32736555
There would be no point without getting connectivity between RGBY and GSC working properly first since Stadium, Stadium 2, and Stadium GS support all 7 games.
>>
>>32736544

Eh, not like there's any reason to use it outside of the battle against Red.
>>
>>32736552
>pokemon stadium on the Switch/wii U VC with actual internett connectivity

so sad this wont happen :(
>>
>>32736622
Eh, they're adding internet connectivity to VC titles on the Switch so who knows?
But I doubt they'll put stadium on it.
>>
>>32736622
To have Stadium GS on the Japanese VC, you would also have to support Mobile Stadium for full compatibility with Japanese Crystal.

2018 is going to be an interesting year.
>>
>>32736637
is there any way to connect your 3ds to your switch?
if not there would be no point in releasing it on the switch anyways (and i dont think they will waste their time on a wii u version)
>>
>>32736681
MH3U connects with the 3DS and so will XX so yeah.
>>
>>32736692
Oh and so does Smash.
>>
>>32736657
well, i dont know how that mobile thing worked, but i think it could be "emulated" with todays internetconnectivity (kinda like the Link cable emulation of the gen1 games)
>>
>>32736698
Yes, it can be emulated.
>>
>>32736168
Let's not forget pokemon trainer RED
>>32736541
basically all first versions I think. Pokespe took the Black version route and listening to N's dialogue makes his 'truth' insert seem more intuitive.

Sun and Moon could definitely go either way though.

>>32735992
Forgot to mention sacred ash. Jesus Christ Silverbros, give it up.
>>
>>32736168

Considering Zekrom is about ideals, he makes more sense to be N's dragon and thus making Black make more sense.
>>
>>32736783
I'm fairly sure you can get Sacred Ash from Ho-Oh in Silver too
>>
>>32735082
The fact that they gave Ho-Oh a sig move that Works off his best offensive stat AND can work in his favor defensively, but gave Lugia, a defensive Pokemon, something offensive with a crit boosting "chance" shows that they were more focused on Gold's legendary.

Also if you look at the lore, Lugia basically did nothing while Ho-Oh was at the very least responsible for reviving the dogs.
>>
>>32736836
you can, but that wasn't my point. You can have access to the item much much earlier in Gold, while they gave Silver's legendary nothing.
>>
>>32736851
>Lugia basically did nothing
It's implied that lugia caused the storm in the first place and then fucked off.
>>
>>32736851
Lugia was responsible for burning down the tower that killed the dogs in the first place. Also both Lugia and Ho-Oh's best stat is their special defence
>>
>>32736851

Sacred Fire was special until gen 4.
>>
>>32736863
>>32736868
Oh really? I stand corrected then. That's actually hype.

>>32736869
Fair enough, it's not base 90 though.
>>
>>32736868
Only Crystal reveals the backstory behind the Brass Tower, now known as Burned Tower (neither Gold and Silver or its remakes even reveal the tower's name).

Is that what you are referring to?
>>
>>32736868
While true, my point was that Ho-Oh is still an offensive mon that got a double blessing, while Lugia got...almost neither.
>>
>>32736897
It's in GS too, they just never say it all at once. You have to piece it together from what various people tell you.
>>
>>32736914
And yet in their home gen, Lugia was better competitively
>>
>>32736970
Gold and Silver or HeartGold and SoulSilver never tell you that the Burned Tower is called Brass Tower.

That's what I meant. I know the actual lore is there in Gold and Silver but the Wise Trio in Crystal do reveal more, like how both the Tin Tower and Brass Tower were built 700 years prior.
>>
>>32736555
Stadium 1 didn't have Connectivity with RG, it didn't even have all the pokemon. Stadium 2 was the first to though, we'll be getting both Stadium 2 and 3 mark my words.
>>
>>32737083
I don't know where you got that idea but the original Stadium is the Japanese version that lets you teach Surf to Pikachu so that you can have it in RGBY and GSC, especially considering that Yellow and GSC is where it has a special overworld sprite.
>>
>>32737083

Anon, unless some specifically mentions Jap Stadium 1, they're going by Western releases. They wouldn't bother with Jap stadium 1 in Japan since their Stadium 2 is just Stadium 1+.
>>
>>32738187
>They wouldn't bother with Jap stadium 1
See >>32737111
>>
>>32734514
Silver is the only gen 2 game where Lugia gets its signature move so this is completely wrong.
>>
>>32738774
You forgot SoulSilver.
>>
It's been eight years.
>>
>>32739184
You mean almost 18.
>>
>>32739209
Well HGSS
>>
>>32734514
Correct
>>
>>32739136
>SoulSilver
>gen 2
>>
File: slowpoke.png (22KB, 278x300px) Image search: [Google]
slowpoke.png
22KB, 278x300px
>>32734514
Friendly reminder that this meme is shit and you need to kill yourself
Thread posts: 204
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.