[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning to do a mugen Pokemon fan game. The roster

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: roster pokemon.png (334KB, 1291x451px) Image search: [Google]
roster pokemon.png
334KB, 1291x451px
I'm planning to do a mugen Pokemon fan game. The roster must be of 20 characters + a secret one.This is the tentative ones I've picked, trying to balance popular pokemon with unusual choices that would make for interesting gameplay.

What would you change, /vp/?
>>
>>32731974
muh bro needs to be playable
>>
>>32731985
this
>>
>>32731974
where's pikachu
>>
>>32731974
where's charizard?
>>
>>32731992
>>32732002
Pikachu only firs Pokken because of how the gameplay is engined. On a scroller fighter like Mugen it wouldn't be that good of an idea.

And I absolutely refuse to put Charizard in. Too much Gen I shilling.
>>
Where's Binace?
>>
File: 1478655434296.gif (3MB, 611x320px) Image search: [Google]
1478655434296.gif
3MB, 611x320px
>>32731974
Needs more Buzzwole
>>
A good swath of your roster is already in Pokken. I would use things that aren't already playable there.

At first I thought you were using a pokemon for every type. Would be cool.
>>
>>32732025
I had completly forgotten about Buzzwole. Would you say that it'd fit the roster more than Golurk?

Or should I increase the number of characters in the roster to 25? I'd definitely take longer to finish the game, though.
>>
>>32731974
Get rid of the 12 on the right (except trevenant) and remove hitmonchan. Add in incineroar and an eeveelution (preferably jolteon). Blastoise should also be added. And maybe throw in zangoose too.
>>
>>32732028
Only 7 of the 21 characters appear in Pokken, and only 1 of them appears in Type: Wild. I wouldn't say that a "good swath" of them are from Pokken.

The type thing sounds good, though. I severly lack Bug-types and the only Ice type is Weavile which wouldn't really use many ice-themed attacks like, say, Froslass. I'm considering more and more to increase the roster number to 25.
>>
>>32732035
I'd rather them both be in
>>
>>32732035
Add Buzzwole and Pheramosa as secret characters with some UB plot or some shit, and make the roster 25 with 5 secret characters. The other two could be like Mewtwo and Victini or some shit like that.
>>
>>32732044
I don't intend to remove the whole portion of the roster that's supposed to be based more on original, interesting movesets than popularity.

I want a classic boxer. Every fighting game has it, it doesn't have to be Hitmonchan, although he is the most straightforward in that regard. If you have a suggestion for a replacement, go ahead.

I think I will replace Manectric with Jolteon, though.
>>
7 out of 21 is a third. A third of your roster is already in Pokken. With many hundreds of options to choose from, that sounds like a good swath to me.

Pretty sure Gardy, Lucario, Blaziken, Gengar and Lopunny are all playable in Type: Wild.

Adding more type variety should fix that pretty easily, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
>>
>>32731974
>Roserade
>Hawlucha
>Golurk

Only missing Feraligatr to be a perfect roster. Good job. OP
>>
Add Meloetta as a Secret character
>>
>>32732113
Shit. Meant to quote >>32732048
>>
File: roster pokemon.png (415KB, 1291x583px) Image search: [Google]
roster pokemon.png
415KB, 1291x583px
>>32731974
Ok so I increased the roster number to 25 + a secret character. Buzzwole and Pheromosa will be the Boss characters of the game that you always fight at the end of Arcade mode, and who you face against will depend on how well you faired throughout the game, or through some other mechanic I'll think about later on. Darkrai is the secret boss you fight against if you did really REALLY well against Pheromosa or Buzzwole.

Also added three other Pokemon that I had in mind that would make for interesting gameplay. I might post my moveset ideas.
>>
is mega evolution gonna be like a level 5 ultimate type deal?
>>
>>32732094
Replace hitmonchan with tyrogue and it can evolve mid battle to hitmonchan, hitmonlee, or hitmontop.
>>
>>32732149
I'm still working on that. I don't know if I should make them fully playable or just an aesthetic change when they do their ultimates. Not all of them have Megas after all.

>>32732152
That sounds like a neat idea. Originally I had planned to make the Hitmons as a trio that can switch mid-battle, but then it came to me that it would be a matchup nightmare and I'm also going for balance here.
>>
>>32732144
random idea: rather than a specific Eeveelution, just Eevee as some kind of gimmick character whose attacks all involve calling in different Eeveelutions
>>
I think it'd be nice to see a bird in the roster. Not like Hawlucha or the starters, but just a straight up bird. It'd need to have strong wings and a long neck to make proper use of for a full moveset; Fearow, Mandibuzz and Swanna would work.
>>
If you get creative with this coding, he'll be a good as the role of a format screw. maybe reflect damage based on quicktime event's or something, but you would need to be a master level mugen programmer to pull that off.
>>
>>32732213
That's way too gimmicky
Plus my bro jolteon wouldn't be playable
>>
File: level100xatu.png (154KB, 382x380px) Image search: [Google]
level100xatu.png
154KB, 382x380px
>>32731974
The Good:
>Electivire
>Golurk
>Hawlucha
>Trevenant
>Scrafty

The Bad:
>no Raichu (Pikachu is probably too small for MUGEN)
>no Blastoise
>Gengar instead of Haunter
>no Porygon Z
>fucking Manectric
>meme frog and edgy dog

The Ugly:
>no pic related
>>
>>32731974
>20 characters + 1 bonus

better try with a representative of each type and the other 3, use legendaries as bosses.

the secret one need be a comedy character

now here the hard part, you not want pandering, just use 3 pokemon of each region.
>>
File: level 100 oddish.jpg (46KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
level 100 oddish.jpg
46KB, 600x600px
got a good candidate for the bonus character
>>
>>32732215
Skarmory or Xatu would probably be the best options. Skarmory has blades for wings and Xatu could fight with a combination of pecks and telepathy, like Gorilla Grodd in Injustice 2.

>>32732238

It could be done like a joke character with a really good gimmick. It could have a special ability that activates mirror coat and reflects the damage of all attacks but only if you perform frame-perfect button combinations. That way it's not AS broken and adds a ton of skill to it.

>>32732250
In general I'm trying to avoid to put NFE Pokemon in the roster. Also, I already stated that I only want one starter per type. But Raichu and Porygon Z sound like really interesting options. Which Pokemon would you replace for them?

>>32732257
This might also work, but then I'd have to work the roster from scratch and many of the ideas I've already planned would probably not come to fruition, which is a major setback. Unless I find generational equivalents for certain Pokemon (replace Hitmonchan with Breloom, for example).
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.