[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon gets mega-evolution >it should have been a regular

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: megapinsir.jpg (25KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
megapinsir.jpg
25KB, 300x216px
>pokemon gets mega-evolution
>it should have been a regular end-stage evolution instead

why do they keep doing this?
>>
>>32729740
No, you fucking faggot. Pinsir's evolution should have been Bug/Dark and it also should not have looked like shit.
>>
>>32729785
>Bug/Dark

But why?
>>
>>32729740
It's literally just Pinsir with wings. Why on earth do you think this deserves to be anything more than an alternate form?
>>
>four stage evolutions
>megas with items
>eviolite aggron, steelix, etc

Enough with the whole "megas should be evolutions".
>>
File: megapinsir.gif (2MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
megapinsir.gif
2MB, 300x168px
this is one of my favorite megas, just because it's so out of left field and it's actually good
>>
>>32729785
*Bug ground
>>
>>32729834

I think Mega Audino should have just been a normal evolution.
>>
>>32729740

Pinsir never needed an evolution, it already had the exact same Speed and Attack as Heracross. Heracross was just better because of Megahorn and the Fighting type.

Their Megas put them on even footing.
>>
Most mega evos are the base design with modifications. Most of them would be too strong with a free item slot too.
>>
File: Shadow what am I looking at.png (541KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow what am I looking at.png
541KB, 540x540px
>>32729785
>looked like shit.
>>
The only mons that I honestly think should have got evolutions instead of megas are Sableye, Mawile, Banette, Audino and MAYBE Absol. That's it.
>>
>>32729831
>Poliwrath
>Typhlosion
>>
>>32729834
Not him, but some of the megad could have worked out as regular evolutions. Mawile's or Banette's are distinct enough to be a whole new pokemon (there are worse cases of just gets bigger out there than the banete-meganette transition), their stats could have been rearanged to avoid making them broken with items, and these mons aren't even an evolutionary line, they can afford to gain an evo.

On the other hand things like mega salamence/garchomp/gengar/mewtwo shouldn't even exist, despite I like some of them, so maybe the mega concept as a whole is a clusterfuck beyond salvation.
>>
>>32729785
wow have a (you), this (you) is from me to (you)
>>
>>32729994
They are not the same thing. They get bigger, but also change the proportions. Megapinsir is a regular pinsir with some stupid-looking additions
>>
Mega Pinsir is just Pinsir looking more like an actual stag beetle
>>
>>32730234
>Mega Pinsir is just Pinsir looking more like an actual stag beetle

Instead of an alien creature from Metroid.
>>
>>32730175

Typhlosion literally just stands up. Poliwrath's eyes change and it becomes a little bulkier. "Proportion changes"...barely.

Mega Pinsir's horns grow, eyes and legs change, gains wings. You can't deny that even if it's just "Pinsir with stupid-looking additions," there's still more changes present than those two evolutions.
>>
>>32729831
Silvally: it's literally just Type: Null without a helmet. Why on earth does Gamefreak think this deserves to be anything more than an alternate form?
>>
>>32730409
>Typhlosion literally just stands up.
It gets fatter and it's head proportions are different, among other things. How can you not notice that?
>Mega Pinsir's horns grow, eyes and legs change, gains wings. You can't deny that
Somehow you could deny that quilava and typhlosion dont look the same. The horn growth on pinsir is hardly noticeable. You can tell that quilava or poliwhirl arent 'literally the same pokemon but with fancy additions'. Because that is the purpose of megas, they arent supposed to grow bigger.
>>
And then there are the likes of Mega Manectric and Mega Medicham, wich imo should have been the designs of the original things in the first place. The improved stats are nice though.
>>
>>32729843
Aerilate + Feint is pretty lulzy to use, especially against mons that think their priority attack will hit first. very situational, but lulzy when pulled off well.
>>
File: 1494738104325.jpg (22KB, 250x212px) Image search: [Google]
1494738104325.jpg
22KB, 250x212px
>>32729785
Why would a Bug/Dark have Aerilate?
>>
>>32730478
Jesus Christ...

>horn growth on pinsir is hardly noticeable
More noticeable than spme of the differences you pointed out.

I'm not denying Quilava and Typhlosion or Poliwhirl and Poliwrath don't look the same (nice double negative, friendo), but come on, you're the one denying there aren't more differences between Pinsir and Mega Pinsir.

Mega Pinsir gains wings and a bigger horn with more (and sharper) spikes, changes eye color, with minor changes to leg shape (different toe shape, longer, rounded legs) and arm shape. The main body gains some extra lines near the eyes, too.

Poliwrath gets bulkier and less round with larger hands...the white stomach changes shape, and it gets angry eyes. Less striking differences than Pinsir > Mega Pinsir.

I don't even want the damn thing to be an actual evolution. I'm just pointing out why you're wrong.
>>
>>32733040
Im pointing out that typhlosion and poliwrath are bad examples for your point. You wrote that typhlosion is literally quilava that stands up, im not sure why you claim you dont think that now. Slowbro would have made more sense.
>>
>>32733387
At least Slowbro gets a Shellder tail. That's more of an obvious visual difference than those two examples.

Regardless, Typhlosion and Poliwrath are usually some of the most commonly cited examples brought up when discussing the "it just gets bigger" design trend.
>>
>>32729740
I forgot Pinsir had a mega.
>>
>>32733413
I don't simply because he's how i false swiped ghosts.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.