[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Monkey Paw common wishes for USM/future games in ways that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: Simpsons_monkey_paw.jpg (27KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
Simpsons_monkey_paw.jpg
27KB, 512x384px
ITT: Monkey Paw common wishes for USM/future games in ways that GF hasn't already done.

Hard mode: Enemy levels are higher but GF gets worried about overdoing it so leaves shitty movesets and goes back to NPC's having 0 E.V's in everything.

Since the higher levels also means the exp share will give boosted exp for your entire party, hard mode ends up being easier.
>>
4 fingers right?
>megas disappear
>using legendaries in any battle, competitive or not, is a good reason to bully someone because they can't use proper pokemon (unless they're 8 or something)
>GF continues to make kid oriented games but also makes T rated games or something. Not over the top gore or anything, just darker themes overall
>greninja is nerfed. I hardly played x/y and I don't really care about your "starter superiority" but all my friends have been sucking greninjas dick since 2013
>>
>>32728694
>Priority is put on giving ingame trainer teams strategy and good moves
>Greater quality and quantity of new mon designs
>For weak mons to be buffed significantly and make
>Hire a competent writer to write the story
>>
>>32728694
>hard mode ends up being easier.
I don't think you understand how the monkey's paw works. It's supposed to give you what you want, but in a way that turns your wish against you. If hard mode a tualy made the game easier, then the monkey's paw jusy straight up didn't grant your wish.

Monkey's paw hard mode would be a mode that's actually harder, but not in a fun way. 500 NPC's on each route, for example.
>>
>>32728694
>>32729302
hard mode eh? I'll bite.
sure, NPCs are stronger and all that jazz, and scaled experience is removed so that you don't get higher exp yields. oh, and you know all those really good pokemon people like? they don't appear. anywhere. and you can't catch any legends. having those powerhouses would make it easier y'see? and no, they won't become suddenly catchable in endgame. Hope you don't mind trading just to get your own title legend.
>>
>>32729302

Point taken.
>>
>>32729131
I legit cannot tell if this is bait or not.
>>
>>32729302
Actually hard mode would probably start every enemy team off with stat boosts, around half way the game also boosts enemies HP, for example at end facing a +6 Defence Golem with health of a Chansey
>>
File: this idiot 2.png (742KB, 1277x716px) Image search: [Google]
this idiot 2.png
742KB, 1277x716px
>>32729371
that actually sounds fun ya nutter.
>>
>>32728694
The whole game is revealed to be a Killer Instinct crossover
>>
>>32729219
>Priority is put on giving ingame trainer teams strategy and good moves
They go overboard with stall, making everything feel incredibly slow-paced.
>Greater quality and quantity of new mon designs
All end up slow/bulky and none of them are Ice type, making the Alola dex even less balanced.
>For weak mons to be buffed significantly and make
The buffed mons stay early-game commons, allowing players to cheese the game with ease.
>Hire a competent writer to write the story
The well-written story is done almost entirely in cutscene form.
>>
>>32729574
I guess well written cutscenes are better than cutscenes
>>
>>32729574
>>32729590
I've played mgs. Good cutscenes are good.
SM didn't have good cutscenes.
>>
>Pokemon MMO
All players are on the same server. The region is the normal size of an average Pokemon region. Player collision is on. Good luck.
>>
>>32729803
>Monkey Paw uses cheap Sword Art Online tier gimmick to trap everyone in a death game or it just massively skew the Pokemon population in favor of Wailmer and Wailord
>>
>>32728694
>you can accessorize your mons and have the accessories appear in battle
>cutscene skip option
>full 6 vs 6 battles
>big overworld densely packed with places to explore and things to do
>>
>>32730144
>You can accessorize your mons and have the accessories appear in battle
Accessories on 'mons have an effect on stats, the more accessories your Pokemon is wearing the slower it is.
>cutscene skip option
Skipping a cutscene forces you to instead interact with all of the characters from the cutscene in the overworld instead(Cutscene has Hau and Kukui talking to you? You now have to manually approach and talk to both of them in order to progress)
>full 6 v 6 battles
but the battle is over after one Pokemon faints.
>big overworld densely packed with places to explore and things to do
everything is still incredibly linear. in order to explore location [C] you first need to go to location [B], which is blocked off until you complete location [A]. All of your options for "things to do" are incredibly mundane or tedious, like trading an NPC two Oran berries in exchange for a potion or requiring you to catch a certain Pokemon with a certain nature and ability in order to progress.
>>
>>32730267
>Accessories on 'mons have an effect on stats, the more accessories your Pokemon is wearing the slower it is.

Alternate monkey paw.

>Biggest and ugliest have the biggest stat buffs, you can't set them to invisable, and every meta allows them.
>>
>>32729391
>>32729391
You should play Pokémon Reborn. It seriously kicks your ass in terms of wild Pokémon options and gym leader buffs but it's fun if you're into that.
>>
>>32728694
30+ new pokemon including alt starter evolutions
Ability retconing
Move tutors
Trainers using more pokemon
>>
>>32728694
I still don't understand why people bother with monkey's paw threads when just about everyone who replies to them knows nothing of how it works
>>
>>32730307
>30+ new Pokemon including alt starter evolutions
uninspired designs with shitty stats, abilities and shallow movepools. slow frail ice type mixed attackers with illuminate or run away, strongest stab move is icy wind.
>Ability retconing
Retconned abilities are replaced with even worse abilities.
>Move tutors
Require you to trade specific, difficult to acquire items to teach a move. There is an extremely limited supply of the items and the only way to get said items after you've used your supply are via official events/distributions. The moves taught are either mediocre, situational as hell, or just flat-out bad, like Dive, focus punch, poison sting, etc.
>Trainers using more Pokemon
GF decides that, to counteract the added "difficulty" of trainers using more Pokemon, all of their Pokemon are lower levels, nobody uses fully evolved Pokemon, and they go back to using 0 EVs for NPC trainers.
>>
>>32729131
>megas disappear
Granted. However, the mons that mega evolved are also erased from canon; people don't remember them either (not even (You))

>using legendaries in any battle, competitive or not, is a good reason to bully someone because they can't use proper pokemon (unless they're 8 or something)
Sure. However, in tournaments and competitive, all registered players over the age of 8 are insta-disqualified. In casual battles, it becomes a social taboo to play pokemon if you're older than 8, and is a good reason to bully someone because they can't do proper things with their lives

>GF continues to make kid oriented games but also makes T rated games or something. Not over the top gore or anything, just darker themes overall
All the T-rated games never show explicit gore, granted. But they all feature characters and plots that seem as if they were specifically written to NOT appeal to (You), even if the themes are darker overall as you wanted

>greninja is nerfed. I hardly played x/y and I don't really care about your "starter superiority" but all my friends have been sucking greninjas dick since 2013
Greninja has now 102 speed and loses protean, gaining hydration instead, effectively becoming shit. However, Ash-greninja (which wasn't erased because it is not a mega, and is technically an alternate form of greninja), gets 20 more points in speed and special attack, as well as having each strike of water shuriken buffed to 50 bp and always hitting 3 times in a row, effectively giving it a priority water STAB of 150 base power that breaks subs, sturdy and sashes.

Now your friends not only suck ash-greninjas' dick, they cosplay as ash-greninja in public and go around doing ninja poses and running like Narutards. It also seems like they only happen to do these things when they're around you if there are other people watching, weird isn't it?
>>
File: IMG_20161105_121832.jpg (102KB, 960x866px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161105_121832.jpg
102KB, 960x866px
Battle tower returns and is the best one yet.

It is also pay to play microtransactions.
>>
>Legendaries are banned form competitive play
>Ultra Sun and Moon don't have Lillie as the deurotagonist
>Zygarde gets a story line fighting Necrozma
>Jack Black makes a willing appearance in the next game.

Genuinly curious to see how the monkey paw fucks up that last one
>>
>>32729803
>a few players block the path to the first route 2 minutes in
>gg
>>
>>32730821
>Legendaries are banned form competitive play
The tier system of all competitive formats becomes just two tiers: non-legend, that includes all regular pokemon and their megas, and legend, which is a banlist first and a tier second. All megas except M-Latios, M-Latias, M-Rayquaza and M-Diancie go down to the non-legend tier. Mega gengar dominates every competitive format for the rest of eternity.

>Ultra Sun and Moon don't have Lillie as the deurotagonist
The deurotagonist (deuteragonist?) becomes Hau. The story is about Hau now, you just follow Hau around solving his shitty malasada-related problems

>Zygarde gets a story line fighting Necrozma
Sure, but it comes in a DLC that you have to pay for, and its priced the same as the game, even though its just many cutscenes of zygarde fighting necrozma, and no, you can't participate in the battle

>Jack Black makes a willing appearance in the next game.
He voices detective Pikachu (who becomes a cannon character in main line games as Looker's boss), which also mokeypaws the danny devito-for-VA wish while we're at it. His full dialogue is just detective puns mixed with pokemon puns in a pretentious high pitched voice, also.
>>
>>32730919
It took a while for the Jack Black Monkey Paw to come into effect. Detective Pikachu becoming Looker's boss sounds amazing.
>>
>>32730968
Reading back what I wrote, it actually kinda does, and I want it now. Fuck.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.