[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vp/, it seems you need to be educated. >part of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 12

File: image.jpg (241KB, 1484x1105px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
241KB, 1484x1105px
Alright /vp/, it seems you need to be educated.
>part of the gen with possibly the overall best pokemon designs
>god-tier rival, second only to Silver
>legendaries that require actual effort to find
>fight both teams from r/s, and actually be able to catch both legendaries
>fug
>battle frontier
>introduced non-scripted double battles
>rebattle gym leaders
>improved hatching mechanics with magma armor and flame body increasing hatching speed and everstone
>Wally
>god-tier starters
>fire/fighting starter before it was a meme
>fixed the gym leaders of r/s
>can rebattle Steven
>reintroduced animated pokemon sprites and made them standard for the series from that point on

Give me one (1) fucking reason why Emerald isn't the crown jewel of the series.

>muh water meme
Surf is a good move in its own right, and if you don't carry a water pokémon with you at all times you are a degenerate.
>muh trumpets
Valid, but subjective and not too big a deal. No game is perfect.

Also, Kalosfags have no place in this thread. You're a lost cause. There's still hope for the rest of you guys. Stop getting caught up in nostalgia for whatever game you grew up with and realise none of them have as few flaws as his one.
>>
>>32722351
Emerald is my favorite but that's gen 2.
>>
Wait, you can rebattle Steven? I thought he didn't go back to Meteor Falls after you beat him the first time.
>>
desu HGSS were my favourites, not my first game either before the whole
>muh nostalgia meme
>>
>>32722351
Well since you asked for it

Well, can't disagree there, but that's subjective
RSE's rival is pathetic and Silver is shit taste too
The regi puzzle was cool but the rest is just average. It doesn't even add any extra to RS
Now when I fight Zubat and Poochyena I can OHKO both the Carvanha AND the Numel? Holy shit 10/10 best feature
>fug
fug
>battle frontier
Is good but not nearly enough to justify being a crown jewel alone
Now I can OHKO two low leveled Pokemon at once! There were some that were actually good though
>rebattle gym leaders
And they're piss easy because they're so underleveled by postgame standards
>improved hatching mechanics with magma armor and flame body increasing hatching speed and everstone
This is good but this was never really removed from the series going forward
>Wally
Is underused in every hoenn game
>god-tier starters
Kind of a redundant point with the whole best designs thing
doesn't make it better really
It did help some of them but the only huge difference were the twins. For fuck's sake Brawly has no non-Fighting attacking moves and his extra Pokemon's only offensive move is Focus Punch so you can spam an attacking move from anything and eventually beat it, but Brawly's the only example where they went full retard
>can rebattle Steven
But every game lets you rebattle the champion. Wallace was a mediocre champ and Steven just uses his RS team but with higher levels
>reintroduced animated pokemon sprites and made them standard for the series from that point on
Would say this is a good point if RSE sprites weren't mediocre. They could've at least used FRLG sprites.
>>
>>32722403
HGSS are definitely up there, but they got fucked by the slowness of gen IV, and the level curve is still way too wacky
>>
Okay, no. That's Gen 2, then 1, then 4, and THEN 3. Good ol' middle-of-the-pack.
Um, no. That's Blue. Or Barry.
And get shoved in your face, unlike actual legendaries that you have to go way out of your face to look for (Regis not included in this)
Two teams is just twice the retardedness, and being able to catch both legendaries is how things should be (see G/S)
>fug
Okay?
>battle frontier
Enjoy getting fucked by the RNG
Okay?
>rebattle gym leaders
Finally, an actual good thing
Another good point
>Wally
The other half of your rival because Brendan/May are so shit
>god-tier starters
Well, they're the last ones to not have at least one awful abomination at least but god-tier is an exaggeration you third-generation nostalgiafag
Starting the meme doesn't excuse them from it
How?
>can rebattle Steven
Okay?
And they're huge downgrades from Crystal's animations.
>>
>>32722433
yeah that's fair, tate and liza ruined my day in gen 3 though, seemed to be a problem unique to me though, probably because it was one of my first games and I was shit.
>>
File: 1474514454309.png (323KB, 584x717px) Image search: [Google]
1474514454309.png
323KB, 584x717px
>>32722431
>and Silver is shit taste too
>>
You still have to deal with the totally retarded physical/special system. Every game before the Gen IV split suffers immensely from this, so Platinum is default the best even if Emerald would have otherwise taken the title.
>>
File: 1496412499660.png (326KB, 903x713px) Image search: [Google]
1496412499660.png
326KB, 903x713px
>tfw theyre adding this shit to PokemonGo soon
>>
>>32722458
>gen 1 designs
Literally my mom's gen
>my mom's dove
>my mom's rat
>my mom's bull
>my mom's kangaroo
>my mom's pokéball
>my mom's upside-down pokéball
>>
>>32722431
>RSE's rival is pathetic and Silver is shit taste too
I'd never thought someone could be this wrong
>>
Both morimoto games are the best in the series

you're preaching to the choir OP
>>
>>32722490
I don't think the lack of phys/spec split is that noticeable in RBY and GSC (especially RBY) because the battle and stat systems are so different.
>>
>>32722566
That at least gives me hope for this board.

Has there ever been a strawpoll or anything done? I'm actually curious now.
>>
>>32722490
I'd be inclined to agree if it wasn't for the overall slowness of gen IV, plus the very questionable designs including but not limited to Magmortar, Electivire, some other added evos, and literally my mom's kitchen appliances.

Also, making literal pokémon gods was a mistake.
>>
>>32722630
I don't really mind Magmortar, if only because Magmar was a pretty bad design to begin with.
>>
>>32722351
because platinum exists
>>
>>32722630
>literally my mom's kitchen appliances
Fuck off Rotom is goat.
But seriously while I don't like cross-gen evos because look worse than the original Pokemon except Porygon Z and maybe Weavile, I think the stupidest thing added in gen 4 are the pre-evos. God forbid you get to catch a low level Chimecho, it might be too strong and make the game too easy.
>>
>>32722540
They're nice, simplistic designs. Way superior to technicolour crap with clashing elements added on to it.
>>
>>32722672
See >>32722630
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>32722351
>>
>>32722433
This. Otherwise my favorites would be Emerald and HGSS. As it stands it's Emerald and then HGSS.
>>
>>32722351
ufff, esmeralda me la pone bien dura
>>
>>32722801
What
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-08-22-23-55.png (1MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-08-22-23-55.png
1MB, 2560x1440px
HaVe to agree with op. Out of all the rom has I've played I always find myself replaying the og emerald version. Rate my team :^)
>>
>>32722630
Fuck off faggot
>>
>>32722351
No physical/special split
As such: >>32722672
>>
File: 1495543605489.jpg (29KB, 399x385px) Image search: [Google]
1495543605489.jpg
29KB, 399x385px
>>32722351
>>
>>32722351
May/Brendan/Wally are not god-tier rivals
>>
>>32722351
Emerald is one of my favorite pokemon games. I always enjoy beating it again after some time.
>>
>>32722460
>>32722563
>he was mean to me and called me weak so he's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If Silver were actually tough I'd probably like him a lot more. I have to admit he does get developed but it sure takes him his sweet time to stop being insufferable.
>hurr you want your dick sucked
Blue is one of my favorite rivals
>>
>>32724008
He's a jealous abandoned street brat who eventually learns to be a decent human being. The story and development is what makes him great .
>>
>>32722540

Gen 1 pokemon had personalities, and things that separated them from regular animals.
>>
>>32724236
Don't be absurd, the majority of gen 1 Pokemon are some variant of an animal with superpowers strapped to their backs.
>>
>>32724413
That's still the majority of pokemon to this day you mong
>>
>>32722351
>god tier rival

Are you implying that May was a good rival? Someone that saw the water near Lilycove and went "yeah fuck that" and then went back home?
>>
>>32724570
Yes, and?
>>
>>32724625
To be fair, I've done that before. Also why no Hoenn game will ever be GOAT (or the crown jewel as op put it)
>>
>>32722351
People who think Brendan/May are terrible rivals are not realizing what they are really there for. First off, they specifically mention that they want to help complete the pokedex by capturing every pokemon in the region, not to fight you everytime you come out of a cave. Second of all, Wally is your rival, not Brendan/May. Wally was your rival throughout the whole series because he constantly wanted to be stronger against you and finally beat you, which is why he encounters you at Victory Road at the end, to show you how far he made it and to finally beat you. Brendan/May are only the assistant(s) to Birch and that is it
>>
>>32724635
You're singling out genwun for something every other gen does as well. The difference is the genwun designs were simpler, neater and more cohesive.
>>
>>32724695
I'm not singling out anything, I'm just disputing what he's saying.
>>
>>32724777
How? Does "having superpowers strapped to their back" to use your own words somehow take away their personality or doesn't distinguish them from real animals?
>>
>>32722351
Bump.

Op is right. All of you Sinnohfetuses need to BTFO.
>>
>>32722351
I kinda miss doing the puzzles to open the regis' tombs, then open the tombs' inner chambers, and even the bike puzzles. Theyre so satisfying to solve.
gosh i miss puzzles in pokemon games
>>
you're right, emerald is the peak

god I wish there was a proper gen 3 remake
>>
AI is terrible, wont even use super effective moves. The game is very boring. Many pokemon have zero moves.
Of course vp autists care only for quantity.
>>
>>32722351
>god-tier rival
You mean those two shitters who didn't do jack shit throughout the entire game? May/Brendan were pushovers and Wally was extremely underused. You could remove both and the game would be no different.
>>
>>32725987
only chance of that now is through a fangame/mod.

same is going to apply for the Diamond/Pearl remake
>>
what about the physical/special split? this game doesn't have it and for me it's a big disadvantage
>>
>>32724912
>all non-hoennbabbies are sinnohfetuses
Here's your (you)
>>
>>32722361
Gen 2 has the shittiest most unmemorable designs. Smeargle, Stantler, Corsola, Sunflora, the 3 babies, Delibird, Qwilfish, etc.
They were so shit that Gen 4 had to fix the salvageable ones. No one cared about Gligar or Yanma or Murkrow or Piloswine before their Evolutions.
>>
>>32722431
>RSE's rival is pathetic and Silver is shit taste too
May is pathetic, yeah, but Wally is one of the best rivals ever.
Silver is a little too edgy for me so I kinda agree with him being shit.
>>
>>32722585
>Has there ever been a strawpoll or anything done?
Strawpoll are easily manipulated. There was one poll made with that google thing though.
Gen 5/BW2 was considered the best but that was before 12~14 y.o. who grew up with Gen 4 started coming en masse. Results would be very different today. Note: that was during/after XY.
>>
>>32726719
Smeargle and Delibird aren't unoriginal, Corsola, Sunflora and both babby trios are cute as hell. Qwilfish and Stantler are neat, simple and effective. And the only people that think the gen 4 evolutions "fixed" a previous gen mon are Sinnohfetuses, or possibly competitivefags
>>
File: 1486833568903.jpg (1023KB, 1500x551px) Image search: [Google]
1486833568903.jpg
1023KB, 1500x551px
You're objectively right about everything except for the rival OP. Wally is best rival, Silver is shit. But you're right, ojectively speaking, Emerald is the magum opus, with ORAS and Platinum coming in a close 2nd and 3rd, and the rest of the series being mediocre at best.
>>
>>32722351
>overall best pokemon designs
I can agree
Are you retarded?
Yes, you are retarded.
Ok, and?
>fug
Aaaaaah you're the crazy may may guy everyone talks about in school :^)
Stopped there, I'm having too much cringe to read further in your autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 1000x524px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 1000x524px
>>32726948
>he didn't like the Regi puzzles

Also:
>you used a meme, your argument's worthless now!
is the biggest meme there is
>>
>>32722351
I haven't played through all the games, so I can't say it's my favorite, but I have been enjoying greatly, especially the minor details they put in!
>>
>>32726911
>ORAS anywhere near the top
>>
>>32726826
That's like, your opinion. Gen 2 mons aren't shit smeared on a paper. Clearly there was thought put into them. However, they're by no means appealing to MOST people. Most people don't think Stantler is neat, or that Sunflora is cute, they think they're boring and unmemorable.
>>
>>32726826
>Yanmega doesn't exist
>Tangrowth doesn't exist
>Mismagius doesn't exist
>Weavile doesn't exist
>Porygon-Z doesn't exist
>Gliscor doesn't exist

a lot of the rest are subjective but wow there were definitely fixes to previous mons
>>
>>32727103
>shit only competitivefags care about
At least Yanmega, Weavile and Porygon-Z are alright but the others are butt ugly abominations
>>
>>32727072
The only reason people think a pokemon is forgettable is because they hardly ever saw them.
>>
>>32727392
Oh, Mismagius is alright too.
>>
File: IMG_3891.gif (4MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3891.gif
4MB, 640x360px
>>32722351
Because it's subjective

That said emerald is my favorite game, but there's no need to make a big fuss out of it.
>>
>>32727392
>shit only competitivefags care about
I'm not a competitivefag but I definitely wasn't referring to aesthetic "fixes" you can't objectively call it a fix if it's a matter of appearance, it's inherently subjective
>>
>>32727401
I've seen Minccino in the B&W intro dialogue tons of times now, and I still keep forgetting it exists. That's how wrong you are.
>>
>>32724653
Wally is a shit rival dude. He's not a pillar you have to overcome like Green was. He's not some jerk you have to prove something to like Silver. He's not even someone on your level that you grow with like Barry.
He's some dying kid that wants to be noticed by senpai. He never provides a real challenge and only gets close too your level at the end. He would have made a great MC in an anime but is a shit rival
>>
File: MegaSwampert.jpg (248KB, 1132x997px) Image search: [Google]
MegaSwampert.jpg
248KB, 1132x997px
>>32722351
No it is. Shame there was never a remake.
Don't be a royal fuckwad about your opinions though.
>>
>>32726998
It is if you have any semblance of taste
>>
File: image.jpg (512KB, 1896x1413px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
512KB, 1896x1413px
>>32727703
>Green
Nice meme
>>
>>32727703
Maybe I'm a morbid bastard (Not the anon you replied to) but that's kind of why I LIKE Wally. I almost liked one or two of the literally who crew in XY for the same reason.
Face it. We're god in whatever Pokémon game we play. We're the only one who isn't fucking mentally retarded and we are "the chosen one" or whatever in any game with a plot. We are a child that thwarts god-like Pokémon. We are a battling prodigy. Either we're too cruel or literally TOO GOOD to even let a dying child we presumably have grown to like beat us. Wally looked up to you. He was never even going to come CLOSE to winning. At least he achieved SOMETHING in his attempt.
Hau personally is close to this as well, but he just seems to be chill about winning or losing, which is fine I guess, but I would say you don't HAVE a rival in SM. Maybe Guzma, thematically at least
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.