[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup, guys. Game Corner in Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: PEGI_12.png (18KB, 426x519px) Image search: [Google]
PEGI_12.png
18KB, 426x519px
Sup, guys. Game Corner in Pokémon Gold Version and Pokémon Silver Version on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console will remain but the games can only be played if you're at least 12 years old. This is already the case with Pokémon Red Version, Pokémon Blue Version, and Pokémon Yellow: Special Pikachu Edition on the Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console so don't worry, all is OK!
>>
>>32722099
Oh no! Imagine all the /vp/ users that aren't old enough to play!
>>
>a game that was made for 12-year olds is rated for 12-year olds
I don't know what the problem is.
>>
>>32722131
PEGI has historically rated core Pokémon games as 3 or 7. The originals on the Virtual Console were the first to be rated 12 and the Game Corner was likely the reason.
>>
>>32722161
I used to work in a video game store, and most of my customers were parents. Not one of them gave a shit about ratings. Not even describing the game's contents or explaining the rating system would deter them.

I honestly don't think this increased rating will be a detriment. And if I'm wrong, it's still a digital download of a game that already exists.
>>
>>32722161
>the Game Corner was likely the reason.
I also believe scrutiny of RPGs has increased over the years.

Back in the 90s and early 2000s, many RPGs were getting much lower ratings than they actually deserved, because content screeners would treat them exactly like any other genre.

Yes, there's the Game Corner, but there's also textual depictions of animal cruelty (Slowpoke Tails).
>>
>>32722260
I should be clearer. It's *just* a digital download of a game that already exists. The rating system won't hinder any sales, and even if it did, losses are typically minimal for digital downloads.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.