[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which mini-map design did you liked the most? I don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 9

File: maps.png (1MB, 1231x1198px) Image search: [Google]
maps.png
1MB, 1231x1198px
Which mini-map design did you liked the most?

I don't know why, but it really bothers me what they did with the mini-map in Kalos and Alola.
Kalos just doesn't look that good, and Alola gives too much away. You can literally see the whole island on the mini-map, which kinda spoiled the experience for me.

I liked that the old maps only showed where cities, routes and water routes where. How the locations actually looked like were a mystery, which was nice.

Gen 1 to 4 mini maps were good, especially the one from Sinnoh. But i didn't like the HGSS map because the city squares were too fucking big for no reason.

Unovas mini-map looks objectively the best, but i didnt like that the grid disappeared and the routes became thin lines.

The ORAS map was good, but it kinda felt too clunky compared to the original Hoenn map.

If i had to rank them, it would be
Sinnoh > Unova > Gen3 Hoenn > Gen 6 Hoenn > Gen1 & 2 > rest
>>
I like the GSC map the most. It's simple but I really like how bright it is and the trainer icon appearing on the map. Absolutely agree that Alola, Kalos, and HGSS are the worst.
>>
>>32721762
BW>ORAS>SM>HGSS>DPPL>XY>FRLG=RSE>GSC>RBY
>>
>>32721811
>bright
That's only on a GBA, the GBC's colors were more limited so that brightness is a side effect. And it's monochromatic if you play GS on a GB.

How the Pokégear map is worse in HGSS is beyond me, you can scroll to the left and right and see Johto and Kanto without having to be in either region.
>>
The Gen 3 and Gen 6 maps always looked the cleanest to me
>>
>>32721762
My vote goes to Alola, with Unova coming in a close second.

The realistic satellite view is more stylish, IMO, and in Alola's case, you can actually see the buildings nearby, which makes it far more useful.
>>
The Kalos map looks like it has shit stains all over it
>>
>>32721762
BW is a nicer map in comparison to other regions, it shows you things such as terrain and bridges. It's also very detailed, unlike all the other maps except for the gen 7 map. But unlike the gen 7 map, the gen 5 map doesn't show you absolutely everything and gives you a better sense of adventure.
>>
>>32721869
That's a good point, but it's sort of let down by how Unova has no exploration. You're just walking clockwise around the map.
>>
>>32721762
ORAS has the prettiest aesthetic in my opinion.
BW is the most functional, as it allows routes to go and bend in any direction.

XY has the worst, as it restricts itself to only linear routes that cannot bend or turn at all.
SM is the most boring one because it completely scrapped the icons and routes, and focused on just being a picture of each island seen from above.
>>
>>32721762
I was fond of gen3 maps but more than that I love how functional the map in ORAS was. Just a couple of clicks on your toouch screen and you were already flying to your desired city or route.
>>
>>32721762
I actually thought the mini maps in Gen 5 looked were gonna be the staple of the series for awhile. Boy was I wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0764.png (34KB, 256x168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0764.png
34KB, 256x168px
I didn't like Unova but with it's a nice look for other maps.
>>
>>32722174
>pokemon
>stapling anything
>ever
>>
>>32722190
can you show more like this
>>
File: IMG_0765.jpg (105KB, 1181x289px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0765.jpg
105KB, 1181x289px
>>32722190
Or maybe Sinnoh just looks good regardless.
>>
Why is the Pokémon world so small?
>>
>>32722204
>ami
>>
>>32722207
that kalos one looks awful
>>
>>32722204
They've stapled Battle Tower and this thing where you have to beat a pointless 21 streak before actually starting.
>>
>>32722212
its a video game its not accurate to scale
the towns dont actually have 3 houses
the anime is more accurate
>>
>>32722214
>>32722245
>pokemon
>stapling good things
>ever
>>
>>32722262
Now that's more accurate.
>>
I like the SM, I just wish it didn't have 50p resolution
>>
original hoenn is objectively the best
>>
>>32721762
I hated the one in HGSS at first, but it totally grew on me. I think it's pretty stylish. I like it a lot.

But my favourite overall would probably be Kalos. I just like the aesthetics I guess.
>>
>>32722419
HGSS makes sense when you notice howeasy it makes to use the touch screen when flying.
Plus it looks better with the tiny pokéball icons.
>>
>>32721762
i liked the cartoony style and simplicity of the HGSS one
>>
Sinnoh map is probably my favorite
>>
Sinnoh mini-map
It's clean, flat and we'll formated in display area shown
>>
>>32722212

It's Pokémon Earth
>>
Favorites would be the BW/B2W2 map, the SM map and the HGSS map. The first two look nice and "realistic" like others pointed out and the last one looks stylish
>>
I think the gen 3 maps are the perfect blend of simple but informative--Hoenn and Kanto always look super clean in those imo. My close second fav map would have to be Sinnoh. My least fav is HGSS map, everything looks too big and guady while obscuring the routes.
>>
Unova.

>>32722190
This looks really good.
>>
File: BW-Style Sinnoh.png (71KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
BW-Style Sinnoh.png
71KB, 240x160px
>>32722190
I did something similar to this a while back, although mine still obeys the grid layout more or less accurately to the DS map

I did some for the other regions too, if anyone is interested?
>>
>>32721762
I like the most descriptive while remaining accurate maps the best, which is why I like the HGSS map the best. Next are ORAS, Sinnoh and RSE. Alola's looks good in the minimap, but as an actual overview it's too small and non-descriptive.
I disliked BW's due to just being a damn circle, but BW2 kinda fixed that. However, it has the same problem as kalos': it's not accurate.
FRLG's just doesn't look good, nor does it really say much. RGBY's is a clutch to navigate, and I've never tried GSC's, but the colors are too off.
>>
File: Johto.png (44KB, 304x288px) Image search: [Google]
Johto.png
44KB, 304x288px
This thread made me remember that I tired to make a gen3 version of Johto 13 years ago.
>>
>>32726135
Please post them.
>>
File: BW-Style Kanto.png (74KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
BW-Style Kanto.png
74KB, 240x160px
>>32726202
Here's Kanto. It turned out real small so I added the Sevii Islands too.
>>
File: BW-Style Hoenn.png (72KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
BW-Style Hoenn.png
72KB, 240x160px
>>32726205
Hoenn. I took some creative liberties with the massive ocean expanse.
>>
>>32726211
Do you have one for Alola? Infact, has anyone made a classic-style minimap for Alola?
>>
Unova, but I really like the minimap for Alola, minus the Rotom stuff being in the way and otherwise pointless. I really like having the map on the bottom screen period honestly. It's like the DS Castlevania games where they have the map on the top screen. It's so nice to not have to stop to check it.
>>
File: BW-Style Johto 2.png (79KB, 240x159px) Image search: [Google]
BW-Style Johto 2.png
79KB, 240x159px
>>32726211
This was actually the first one I did after seeing the B2W2 map and deciding Johto could also use a little work, so consider this one an asterisk

>>32726216
I haven't, and I'm not sure how I would since it's so drastically different to other maps. I did start a Unova redraw/Kalos but they're much harder to fit on a grid with everything placed correctly and I never finished them (so that's all, OC region excepted).
>>
>>32726216
Alola doesn't seem to be too interesting since it's just a bunch of relatively small islands
>>
>>32726226
WHere did those three extra cities come from?
>>
File: BW-Style Serri v2.png (82KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
BW-Style Serri v2.png
82KB, 240x160px
>>32726252
>after seeing the B2W2 map and deciding Johto could also use a little work

Last one, this is my OC region
>>
>>32726211
Why does Shoal Cave have a path connected to it?
>>
>>32726365
Because there is a route connecting Mossdeep to Shoal Cave?
>>
>>32726252
They were always there, but you didn't visit them in BW so they didn't exist for the player.

Kinda like what Bravely Second does. Even whole islands appear on the world map once the player knows about their existence.
>>
>>32726389
Well, of course you will never visit Johto cities in BW.
>>
>>32726384
But the same applies for Safari Zone and Lilycove or Meteor Falls and Route 113.
>>
>>32726408
So you're asking why Shoal Cave is right on the extreme of the line rather than pushed aside so the line can continue onto the next city? Because there's no next city.
Caves have been pushed aside when the route is connecting cities and the cave is not mandatory, and they have been put on the line when they are, like for instance Mt Pyre or Rusturf Tunnel.

I don't know why Meteor Falls aren't on the line and Granite Cave is, but otherwise everything is.
>>
>>32726438
>everything is
everythinbg is as it should. Caves that you can skip some way or another are put aside and caves that you must go through are put on the line. And then Shoal Cave is on the tip of the route because that route is really just connecting a city with that specific cave.
>>
>>32721923
Subtle shitpost.
>>
How are you all making these Unova ones?
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.