[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Pokemon Games.png (1MB, 1250x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Games.png
1MB, 1250x500px
Now that the dust has settled, we can all agree that there are no outright bad mainline Pokemon games, right? The entire series is pretty much within the 7 to 9 out of 10 range, 6 at the lowest.
>>
>>32719572
7 is already pushing it
>>
>>32719572
Gen 6 was pretty shitty but I agree otherwise.
>>
>>32719572
For what it's worth, I agree with you OP. My least favourite games are XY and SM, but that doesn't mean they don't have any good qualities or aren't fun to play. The only reason I don't like them is because there wasn't anything to do after the story. If the story had been better written, the characters more real and deep (and less obnoxious) and the post game given more than just a Battle Tower clone and a Looker mission, I would've LOVED them. I still love ORAS because of this. Even though they scrapped the Emerald content (which yes, I am salty about), it still had Contests, berry growing, soaring, DexNav, Mirage Spots, the Hoopa mission, let us go to Southern Island and an entirely new chapter added to the main story after the old one ended that is the Delta Episode. They even made Deoxys a Legendary! ORAS were great games, and XY/SM would've been too if they had just given more thought to the characters (the rivals and bad guys specifically) and overall content.

I don't even get why everyone is hating on DP so much these days either. It wasn't more than a few months ago that those were praised for their comfiness and music. There was a long period during 2016 were DPPt were the part of the all-time favourites on /vp/, and not just Pt, but all of them.
>>
>>32719572
Sun and Moon was pretty bad.
Pretty much every good aspect of the game was done better in a past game and it's the only one to actually remove battle modes.
>>
>>32719572
No, I'd put XY at around 4/10, and SM/ORAS at around 6/10.
>>
>>32719860
>XY at a 4
>SM at a 6
I'm trying to wrap my head around this but I just don't understand how someone could think SM is above anything.
>>
>>32719572
SM is a 2 for me.
I'm not memeing, and I'm glad some of you liked it, but to me it was the worst gaming experience I've ever had.
>>
>>32719912
XY is technically better mechanically, but it's the only pokemon game where I disliked every aspect of the experience. The story, characters, difficulty, plot, pacing, region, I hated all of it.

SM I liked, by the end of the game I liked it a lot less, but it was okay, though the issues are definitely major
>>
>>32719572
SM is a 6/10 at best and no Pokemon game is any better than 9/10. The only way you could think otherwise is if you have never played any games other than Pokemon.
>>
>>32719572
No. There is no way DP, XY, and SM are anywhere higher than a 3.
>>
>>32719572
Platinum=10/10
HGSS=10/10
B2W2=10/10
Emerald=10/10
BW=9/10
Crystal=9/10
FRLG=9/10
GS=8/10
RS=8/10
RBY=7/10
DP=7/10
ORAS=7/10
XY=6/10
SM=6/10

I agree.
>>
BW is 2/10 at best
>>
>>32720311
ORAS are objectively superior to RS though.
>>
>>32719572
>we can all agree that there are no outright bad mainline Pokemon games, right?

ORAS exists so no
>>
>>32720355
ORAS is the best game in the serie after emerald
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.