[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Over the last couple of months i've heard (specially on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: wewlad.jpg (65KB, 1076x452px) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.jpg
65KB, 1076x452px
Over the last couple of months i've heard (specially on this board) that SM were very popular in the fanbase and very well received and only /vp/ was supposed to be this usual hate place. Personally i've noticed a lot of negativity for SM outside of this board but i didnt think much of it and obviously the sales were great

But then the Ultra Sun and Moon announcement happened and the negativity just erupted. In here, on various social media, forums, even Pokemon youtubers. But even the positive reactions were mostly like "oh, okay"

What happened? Because to me it seems like SM were very attractive for many people but after they actually played them a lot of people just didnt like them. The sales and the SM hype were boosted by the crazy GO mania and the 20th annivesary campaign but in reality gen 7 doesnt seem that popular at all.
>>
>>32718520
yes
>>
>>32718520
pokebarneyfag ?
>>
Ill give it a chance, DP was pretty bad but platinum saved it.
>>
People are mad because it's not on the Switch.
>>
>>32718520
Its because SM felt like the most blatant "Third Version Bait" of the entire series, even more than Diamond and Pearl. Many of the guest characters didn't really have any importance, they just show up, drop a few lines and disappear until you maybe see them in the Battle Tree. The game jerked off Lille too much which made the supporting cast feel underdeveloped or completely one note. Like Gladion could be completely removed from the game and the story wouldn't change one bit. Hau was basically DUDE MASALADAS, LMAO until just before the E4 where he finally is like "i'm a bit frustrated after losing 5000 times, BUT DEM MASALADS THO!" Speaking of Lillie, you know that Simpsons image where Homer makes the pitch about how the character is so super important and is featured on the screen, the characters focus all their attention on them, and whenver the character is not on the screen they wonder where she is? That's Lillie in a nutshell.

It doesn't help that its release is literally a year and one day after the originals. I'm still gonna play them tho.
>>
>>32718520
Sun and Moon had fantastic marketing, which mixed with the huge popularity of Go at the times created some of the best selling games in the franchise. But of course, at release nobody knows what they're ACTUALLY getting, and it turned out that this "perfect game" that had been advertised was in fact just a shitty cashgrab with poorly written characters, weak story and little-to-no post-game content.

Sun and Moon gets shat on more than they deserve here on /vp/, but so do every game in the franchise. But needless to say, they ARE low on quality and it makes sense that due to this, people aren't that hyped to play them yet again.
>>
People were expecting something.

We live in a generation with much less attention span and bull shitting. Everybody can have an opinion now. With social media.

We're in 2017 people making 240p and 40 dlc won't be accepted.

The sales were due to marketing and Pokemon go.

It's like pirates of cabberian stranger ties.

Over 1 billion. It's because of marketing

The next pirates flopped hard. People won't fall for same bullshit twice.

If game freak think sun and moon sold like crazy because they think they made amazing games. Wait for USM sales

I'm gonna buy it because I love Pokemon but casuals won't be craving it and I don't blame them
>>
>>32718662
>I'm gonna buy it because I love Pokemon but casuals won't be craving it and I don't blame them
I'm gonna pirate USM just so I can join the casuals in not giving them my money, hoping that a USM flop will open their eyes for the terrible decisions they've made since 2013. If the games turn out to be actually amazing, I will buy them too.
>>
>>32719129
You don't have to buy everything day 1.

If the games are good you buy them. That's should be apporch for every game
>>
>>32718520

Sun/Moon were good for exactly ONE playthrough. By the time you're finished you never want to see any of it or watch another cut scene ever again.

It's the equivalent of being fed spaghetti until you're full, and being promised desert afterwards. Then for desert instead of getting cake you just get more spaghetti. Doesn't matter how good the spaghetti was at first, I don't want any more spaghetti, I wanted cake. We were promised cake.
>>
>>32719239
>Sun/Moon were good for exactly ONE playthrough
This
>>
>>32719239
>food analogy
>>>/v/
>>
>>32719239
This.
Bc of the excessive cut scenes, you never really sunk into a rhythm in SM. Every 5 minutes a character pops in just go to "DUDE ISLAND CHALLENGE LMAO". It gets frustrating after a while. Hell, I even replayed XY. They arent great games, sure, but at least the game flows fairly well and leaves you alone for periods of time.
That's not the case in SM. Whenever I was playing it, I always felt there was someone hovering over me at all times. The rotom dex certainly dint help.
Isn't that one of the most appealing aspects of pokemon? To go on this big, intimidating adventure as an innocent kid with nothing but only you and your pokemon? It is for me at least.
Thats where SM dropped the ball. For me, they have virtually no replay value because I have no desire to be pestered by dialogue and cut scenes every 5 minutes.
>>
>>32718520
Sun and Moon feel fresh compared to any other game in the franchise. Story was it's either great or a drag if you like the cut scenes (makes replaying it a bitch though). Variety wise as much as I hate gen 6 it had the most to offer with the selection of wild pokemon. As far as new pokemon go that's a matter of taste, I love both forms of Lycanro, and most of the alolan forms
>>
>>32718520
Pokemon can't be all it wants to be due to hacking. People generally look for a time consuming game. Since a lot of the fanbase is now grown up, cheating to achieve full Pokedex, shinies or competitive mons is found boring due to the knowledge that they might as well not play the game.

Imagine the greatness of actually putting up a legit competitively bred shiny for trade with other players and getting offers that took an equal effort. That's a thrill completely ruined by the fact that it's too shitty.

That would have been the ultimate post-game. Trading could be so incredibly fun considering the amount of goals you could set for yourself. Instead we get youtubers which are only a tinsy-tiny bit popular making vids fucking around with mons that would be a hazzle to get without illegitimate means. It scares of people to try and make the most out of the game. They might just as well not know hacking exists.

Meme-game not giving the most bang for your buck. Dota 2 likely has a better community.
>>
File: boggettmong.jpg (48KB, 555x442px) Image search: [Google]
boggettmong.jpg
48KB, 555x442px
>>32718520

ugh,, kid dONTCHA Know :DD that /vp/(/tr/), leddit epic XD and youtube (go shofu lol!) r (ARE!) an cesspits of Autists(...except me...)??!!??
>>
>>32718574
and because these are what sun and moon should have been
>>
>>32718592
>>It doesn't help that its release is literally a year and one day after the originals. I'm still gonna play them tho.
You are part of the problem. Do you even see what you read? You go on and on and why SM is shit and how Ultra are terrible and finish with "despite all that, I'll keep taking Gamefreak cock up my ass without lube". Have some dignity.
>>
>Ultra Sun Moon turn out to be god-tier games
>They flop
>Gamefreak thinks that their design choices this time were shit because the sales were shit
>Next games are even more casualized and incomplete
>>
>>32719239
Pokémon games are meant to be played only once due to there being a single save file.
>>
>>32718574
I'm actually glad. I'd rather have them investing time and thought on the transition to console than having a half assed sequel to Sun and Moon to the Switch. Still, the E3 is right around the corner. I know it's useless to have any kind of hope with Pokemon, but who knows, heh?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.