[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Its naive to believe GF would do PWT because they're too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

Its naive to believe GF would do PWT because they're too lazy plus too much work (around 60 human models) for just one bonus feature

With that being said its pretty realistic to expect more oldd characters at the Battle Tree. Who could it be? Lets speculate
>Kanto
Brock and Misty. There's not much memorable people in Kanto and those two are popular because of the anime. They're not in this years 20th annivesary movie so i can see GF sending them to Alola to make up for it
>Johto
Johto had no representaion in Alola so they'll most likelly change it. Whitney wouldnt surprise me as well as Lance (he has more ties with Johto than Kanto) because Kukui mentions him in SM
>Hoenn
Steven because he's popular and either Wallace or Juan. Juan didnt appear in ORAS and GF proved they arent agains choosing the oddballs for SM (Grimsley, Anabel)
>Sinnoh
Crasher Wake was mentioned in SM, he would make a good fit with Masked Royal around and he already appeared in other regions (Johto, Unova). To contrast him maybe Volkner? He liked challenges
>Unova
We have a BW2 character and not very obvious choice in Grimsley so i thought its time to have someone obvious: Cheren and Bianca
>Kalos
Diantha as a movie star and the champion. She has a figurine out this summer so they could use that as a promo form. Also Clemont because of the anime of Korrina because GF loves some Lucario pandering

Your thoughts/picks?
>>
I think they're going to remove Colress, Cynthia, Wally, and Grimsley.
>>
>>32715987
Why would they remove them when they already have the assets for them?
Colress and Grimsley both also appear during the story
>>
>>32716172
desu they feel a bit like pointless cameos more than anything else

Its such a shame Colress wasnt part of Aether
>>
>>32716172
>Why would they remove them when they already have the assets for them?
>>
>>32716402
Anything to add?
>>
>>32715933
Firstly, I don't think you should expect any more Champions. Having so many ex-Champions in one place would be a bit weird. Especially so for characters like Steven. it has been, at the very least, 11 years since ORAS, possibly more. He would need a redesign, like Anabel, and who knows how the fans would react to that. As for Kalos, we have choices like Emma and Korrina. Even Tierno and Trevor could appear, as they had no starters, so them appear doesn't affect much.

Second, I wouldn't expect Brock or Misty. They're pretty pointless in the games, and they even look different from the anime to matter. If anything, I would expect maybe Bill, Sabrina, Lance or Lorelei. It even makes sense for any of those to be in Alola.

Lastly, I want to see Eugene return.
>>
>>32715933
>not N for unova
>>
>>32716442
>Having so many ex-Champions in one place would be a bit weird
Tell that to the PWT
>>
>>32716456
>wanting literal shit
He should stay at home and fuck his Pokemon. He's not suited for battles. Battling requires a bit of thinking, something he's incapable of.
>>
>>32716468
Someone didn't play a gen 5 game
>>
>>32716468
>Battling requires a bit of thinking, something he's incapable of.
>implying the weather master can't think about his battles.
>>
>>32715933
Battle Forest replaces the Battle Tree. It now has 3 facilities, one is just the BT, one is BT with rental pokémon and the other is a monotype BT.

Besides having a few more characters from past gens, the two new facilities also have new characters as their leaders: Silver for the rental BT, and Kris for the monotype BT. Red and Blue are still the leaders of the regular Battle Tree (singles and doubles)
>>
>>32715933
They should add every region Champion at least (yeah, both of them in case of Hoenn and Unova).
I'd love they adding Leaf, but that's not going to happen.
>>
>>32716613
>BT with rental pokémon

Yes, this needs to happen. Players shouldn't have to be competitive breeders to be able to get Mega Stones if they want them.
>>
Personally i think it would be best to show characters who either could have ties to Alola or need more screentime

so
Bill (Lillie went to meet him)
Silver (he needs some continuation imo, to show where he is now as a person)
Phoebe (thats like...obvious)
Crasher Wake
Marlon (again obvious)
Diantha (who never got any development in XY)
>>
>>32716623
Or better yet, a worldwide network to rent teams made by other players.

That would be pretty neat.
>>
>>32715933
They brought back a protagonist and 2 rivals. It wouldn't surprise me if we got to see May and Brendan (ORAS hinted that they would become the new Battle Chatelains / Tower Tycoons of Hoenn, plus Wally is also there), Silver (oddball plus contrast since he's a former bad guy), N (still looking for Hilda/Hilbert, plus I would love to see a new design for him), or Shauna/Calem/Serena/Trevor/Tierno (they fit really well in Alola, especiall Trevor (Rotom Dex) and Tierno (Oricorio)).

Otherwise more Frontier Brains from Hoenn and Sinnoh or more Elite Fours from literally any region.
>>
>>32716376
That's exactly why they shouldn't be removed. So they can actually be used for something.
>>
>>32715933
Grimsley should get the axe. He was nice as a one-time affair but seeing him again would be boring and repetitive.

Dexio and Sina don't seem that useful anymore, not sure about Colress (there's probably some analogy between those Nekrozma fusions and Kyurem, so his knowledge might help). Anabel definitely stays.

I guess Wally and Cynthia will stay, since they are just there and don't bug anyone. They should at least make some tweaks to their team, though.

Red and Blue... it's obvious that GF won't axe them. They just won't do it. However, I think their role outside the Battle Tree should be fulfilled by Ethan and "Silver".

As for new ones,
Ethan and "Silver" (we must finally learn his true name), as I mentioned before, would be great choices to tie in with VC GSC. They should have a similar role to Red and Blue in SM, although I guess I don't see them co-operating (maybe Ethan would appear in US and Silver in UM?).

I think one more Johto cameo is plausible. I think Karen (though is she rather a Johto or a Kanto cameo?) could replace Grimsley, as the TCG kinda teased her. Also, she's a similarly "oddball" choice as him and fits this role perfectly. Another possibility is Jasmine (to piss us off that we're not getting Sinnoh remakes this gen). Lance is so obvious, that I think he won't happen. Maybe Clair instead of him?

I can see N appearing, as he was also used in the TCG. It'd be also interesting to see what happened to him. I think they might also use someone whom they already modelled in Gen VI (with a full battle model), maybe Steven or Zinnia. Kalos "rivals" and Team Flare - hope not, let's better forget about them.

As for others, maybe one or two more Sinnoh cameos, perhaps Volkner and/or Flint. I predict less Genwun pandering in USUM (more Gen II references, for a change), so possibly no new Genwun cameos. Or maybe Lorelei? I find her somehow fitting.
>>
>>32716442
>He would need a redesign, like Anabel, and who knows how the fans would react to that
Look at Wally.
>>
>>32717980
Exactly
>>
File: unnnnngggggggghhhhhhh my bensi.jpg (20KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
unnnnngggggggghhhhhhh my bensi.jpg
20KB, 600x338px
>>32715933
>whitney in 3D
>>
>>32719227
Whitney crying after the battle in 3d
>>
>>32716513
Weather teams are the most braindead teams right behind stall.
>>
>>32716623
>Players shouldn't have to be competitive breeders to be able to get Mega Stones if they want them
That's what QR code teams are for.
>>
>>32719655

QR teams are implemented in a needlessly retarded way.
>>
>>32716613
>Kris
Kek get that meme out of here.
>>
They'll wanna make the 3D models for every character anyway just to future proof them like they did for the Pokemon themselves, plus they already have the region in place now so they dont have too waste too much time designing a whole game from scratch

It fits the story's theme well too

I could see PWT coming back this time
>>
>>32715933
>Its naive to believe GF would do PWT because they're too lazy plus too much work (around 60 human models) for just one bonus feature

It's probably because they're understaffed for modelers and that's probably why they're recruiting temps and part-timers.
>>
>>32715933
>Brock and Misty
will anime genwunners ever fuck off with their fossils?
>>
>>32719519
do you actually think her crying anything other than cute?
>>
>>32720371
Personally i always thought its funny but ok
>>
>>32716468
N is mathematic genius and has a higher IQ than most humans in the Pokemon world, junichi said it him self.

You didn't play gen 5 either- because he is well suited as a trainer, being able to capture a legendary, and having a well rounded team
>>
>>32717127
The same anon here,

I forgot to add that they should also make ALL Trial Captains (or Gym Leaders, if they really become ones, as some people predict) to be rebattleable in the Battle Tree.

My autism wants six Pokemon teams for all Boss Trainers (although Kalos already blew it).
>>
>>32715933
If they wanted to REALLY do an oddball character, they would add in Miror B. I don't have hopes for this, but if that were to happen, I would never doubt GameFreak again (although technically GameFreak never made Collosseum).
Other characters that would be cool to have in the game:
Alder's Grandson, Benga
Juan, as you mentioned
Chuck because why the hell not
Bill
>>32716456
Bianca for sure
That lad from the post-game from Platinum that had to do with Heatran
Cheryl
>>
I wonder if there was a bonus Cynthia battle that got cut from either ORAS or SM. It seems weird that she's the only "guest" character they made a new model for. (except Red and Blue, but they're in charge of the place)
>>
>>32715933
Brock, Misty,and Lance from Kanto. Lt. Surge would be nice, too.

From Johto? Maybe Silver, but more likely Whitney or Falkner.

Hoenn could get Archie and Maxie, since those models already exist. Brendan and May would be nice to see too.

Sinnoh? No idea.

Unova: Iris, maybe Clay (with a hint he's planning on hosting the next PWT in Alola, just to piss off all the fans that wanted it in this game)

Kalos: Calem and/or Serena (hoping Serena). Shauna is possible, since she was planning on going on a journey in the post-game.

>>32720704
Oh god, Miror B would be amazing. I mean, he's popular enough.
>>
>>32715933
>>32721997
>whitney in 3D
if that happens how will i play the game with a raging boner?
>>
File: 1491257279409.jpg (66KB, 313x294px) Image search: [Google]
1491257279409.jpg
66KB, 313x294px
>>32722053
3d Whitney needs to be real.
>>
>>32717127
Lorelei grew up on an island, so it makes sense
>>
Eusine and Morty would be good Johto reps

Anabel has Entei and Raikou but not Suicune, so it'd be cool if they gave him to Eusine to show he finally became worthy

Mostly I just want his music back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QLrG_5pelU
>>
>>32720371
>>32719519
She'd probably just get kinda huffy. Something that can be a singular pose. Or a recycled one
>>
>>32724280
Eusine was pointless even in HGSS, why would they bring him back
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.