[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Crystal will be the one and only core game that cannot be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: images (3).jpg (15KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
15KB, 225x224px
>Crystal will be the one and only core game that cannot be played on either a ds or 3ds notwithstanding red/green which doesn't really count since red/blue is really just a patched red/green

Has it hit you yet?
>>
Why do you even care?

The game is 17 years old. You can play it any time you want. It was already remade into an objectively superior DS version, 7 years ago.

You can play it any time you like. Literally only braindead Go normies should care.
>>
File: C8E4gTJVQAEFZYz.jpg large.jpg (241KB, 1367x1533px) Image search: [Google]
C8E4gTJVQAEFZYz.jpg large.jpg
241KB, 1367x1533px
>>32714882
Reminder that Gamefreak isn't releasing Crystal because they don't want to spoil Kris' cameo in USUM.
>>
>>32714882
>notwithstanding red/green
but those are on 3ds vc
wtf are u talkin about
>>
>>32714882
It's always funny coming here and seeing idiots crying because X game isn't on VC, completely unaware that you can play any game you want on VC if you have a hacked 3ds
>>
>>32714882
OG red and green are on the nip shop
>>
>>32715009
Not everyone wants to hack their system. Some of us have this little thing called morality.
>>
>>32715033
This is reddit speak for "i'm too dumb to do it"
>>
>>32715038
>just hack your system, there are LITERALLY no drawbacks whatsoever! you have no excuses!
>>
>>32714882
Just inject the VC version of it bro.

I still don't know why they released yellow but not crystal. All yellow had was some trainer/gym tweaks, following pikachu and a shitty team rocket cameo. Crystal had the Suicune event, animated sprites, map overhauls, battle fucking tower, the ability to play as a cute girl, new music, ect.

Were they that scared that normies would go "Oooh Pokemon Crystal? Isn't that like, 3rd gen?" Were they that terrified about alienating them so bad on a system they abandoned for the switch? Or were they just so lazy and incomptent they needed to pump out a Pokemon game to keep the autistic fanbase satisfied until the new games come out? Either way, its fucking unacceptable that they would release the inferior versions only.
>>
>>32714905
what about the hidden abilities mons we can get?
>>
>>32715033
>caring about morals
>about a company that doesnt care about you

HAAH WAAW
>>
>>32715033
>waah why can't I play this game on my 3ds
>but you can, you just have to do this
>WAAAH I DONT WANT TO DO IT THAT WAY
I swear this board is nothing but actual children
>>
Red and Green can be played, you ignorant dummy
>>
>>32715050
There's actually a really good reason why Crystal wasn't released. The Japanese version would feel super gutted because the mobile system wouldn't be usable without some massive changes to code, thus leaving out multiple events and such that the international versions had by default.

If they released Crystal internationally but didn't release it in Japanese it would have caused a shitfest, so they more than likely decided to avoid it until they either figure something else out or everyone forgets.
>>
>>32717116
this is the only answer that makes sense
>>
>>32717116
there is no need to change the code of the game

GF didn't patch RGBY to emulate the link cable, they modded the VC emulator instead
>>
>>32717116
>and such that the international versions had by default
Such as?
>>
>>32714882
You can already play every pokemon game including crystal on the 3ds with cfw and a flashcard. Dont give ninty your money for VC ports you already own.
>>
>>32717294
Except they were patched to use the VC functions for multiplayer. Someone made patches for GSC to do the same thing, so you can already install crystal and play multiplayer, which is even compatible with the gen1 games. Only on a hacked console, though.
>>
>>32717294
regardless, the Japanese still wouldn't be able to get stuff like the odd egg, access the news machine, or do the quizzes that came out and gave them prizes, all of which were a huge deal for people who played that version
>>
>>32717345
they could simply include the Egg Ticket on the patch so that you receive it from the PCC's attendant at some point in the game

you can already do this yourself if you try to use the mobile stuff on an emulator
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.