[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm impressed on how poorly they announced this game. I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1579.jpg (47KB, 680x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1579.jpg
47KB, 680x380px
I'm impressed on how poorly they announced this game. I don't feel the hype man.
>>
>>32709122
Somehow I think they figured a sneak reveal would produce the largest hype. Like a, "wait, did that just happen?!" hype.

They don't do many things that make sense.
>>
honestly the direct was for Pokken. They had to put in Pokemon mainline series. To get people to watch.

So they could have easily this without a direct. 20 sec teaser and title logos with release dates
>>
The little trailer we got wasn't much of anything either way. It wasn't a mysterious teaser to get us curious. What we did see wasn't substantial or informative. What the hell are we supposed to think about it at this point? We don't even really know what they are.
>>
>>32709122
isn't E3 next week, they'll probably do more then
>>
>>32709137
Well it didn't work, the whole SM hype derived from the trailer being full of room for speculation.
It felt more like a dlc trailer more than an actual release.
>>
>>32709137
Despite wanting to buy it because it's the 3DS's final chance at a good Pokemon game and because I'm a Pokefag that buys them all on launch day, I really hope these games are very poorly received. They couldn't even make them sequels, they literally feel like Sun and Moon Deluxe.
>>
>>32709137
Because pokken is for normal, well functioning men and women while the mainline games are for children.
>>
It's because Sun and Moon were shit. Of course I'll have a bunch of faggots rush to its defense in just a moment.

Pokemon GO hype is over. I see these games selling like dogshit compared to other entries. If you thought BW2 sales were weak, wew lads.
>>
File: lunagif.gif (1MB, 720x306px) Image search: [Google]
lunagif.gif
1MB, 720x306px
>>32709122
The reveal was kinda sneaky, but I was hyped with that growing music .
>>
>>32709122
the majority of casual pokemon fans still dont even know these games exist
>>
>>32709165
You've seen 20 seconds of them. How the fuck do you know what they 'feel' like.
>>
how new are you? We know more about usum than we did when oras was announced, that announcement spawned the "Wow! It's fucking nothing!" groudon meme
>>
I'm only hyped because these games have the potential to be really good and improve on the parts of SM that disappointed me. I also want to see the "new forms" and other changes. Anyway, it's funny how they got so much less attention in the direct, yet generated more buzz than Pokken could ever hope for.
>>
>>32709186
Well at least you knew it was a remake.
That's something.
>>
>>32709155
This is the real problem. We just know there's new legendary forms, some areas are different, and that's about it. There's nothing to think or speculate about. We don't even know for sure the game is about because Gamefreak is stupid about actually describing the game. I'm reminded of back when B2W2 was revealed it took like a week or two for Gamefreak to finally clarify that it was a sequel with a new plot.
>>
>>32709209
And you know these are third versions taking place in an alternate universe beyond the portal, and they just happen to be two versions instead of one for a more interactive experience. What more do you want?
>>
>>32709194
game fags hasn't made a single good 3ds entry

how can people be convinced at this point is beyond me
>>
>>32709227
also that solgaleo and lunala has new forms of some kind. Remember when hoennbabies tried to say that it was just regular groudon and kyogre on the box art?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170607-133630.jpg (436KB, 1363x680px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170607-133630.jpg
436KB, 1363x680px
>>32709227
>two versions instead of one for a more interactive experience
Good goy!!
>What more do you want?
To them to tease something, the new forms are nothing groundbreaking. I want them to show me something I can be hyped about. A fucking concept art is better than this.
>>
>>32709155
>The little trailer we got wasn't much of anything either way
This hasn't stopped shitposters from jumping to conclusions based on vague words like "alternative story".
>>
>>32709335
Rewatch the direct. Masuda clearly says alternate.
>>
>>32709122
Maybe they learned to stop trying to dissapoint people who actually pays for their shit.
>>
>>32709292
4th times the charm! It's the first updated version since Gen V anyway, so this will be the real test if Gamefreak's still got the ability to push out something like BW2.

The real problem is unless the overworld ends up radically changed, we're going to be stuck with SM's rather barren dungeons anyway.
>>
>>32709441
then why did they make pokemon sun and moon: director's cut edition
>>
>>32709292
>don't have to make a bunch of 3D models
>world is mostly done, can just work on new areas, story and new forms
XY and ORAS had an excuse to suck. SM had to an extent, but this one has none.

Now we'll see if Pokemon just became a low effort cash cow.
>>
>>32709122
Reminder- Corocoro is near.
>>
They tricked Pokémon fans who hoped that Direct would be all about new games
>PLS BUY POKKEN ;__; PLS BUY SWITCH PLS

P L S
L
S
>>
>>32709173
It's all Pokémon. Fuck off.
>>
>>32709684
Watch the trailer. This is the message Nintendo is sending you for your own good. Stop complaining about a game that isn't targeted at you, buy Pokken and travel the world as an independent adult sharing experiences with other adults
>>
>>32709122

They revealed it now so they don't waste time at the Nintendo showcase since it's mostly Switch stuff, which is only 30 minutes btw

Treehouse Livestream will show it off more just like last year
>>
File: 1402423600528.jpg (40KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
1402423600528.jpg
40KB, 498x306px
>>32709122
At least it wasn't a whole 15 seconds of fucking nothing.
>>
>>32709122
didn't the trailer basically showed (or tried to tell) that "real men" play pokken on the switch while only little kids should play pokemon on the 3DS
>>
>>32709313
Leave out Battle Facilities like the Shitposting Frontier and tell me what would excite you
>>
>>32709122
It's possible they just don't have much to show.
>>
>>32709631
Don't expect anything much besides the announcement and maybe some minor information about the new forms.
>>
>>32709820
Is the Nintendo marketing department who decided that shit.

3Ds, Ds... games-->Kids
Switch-->Teens, Normies
Wii/Wii U---->Family
Game Cube-->"Gamers"
>>
>>32709820
Yeah dude playing pokken bought his little brother a new 2ds xl and Pokemon ultra sun moon
>>
>>32709175
But BW2 sold better than other third games.
>>
>>32709838
Revisiting a region or something.
Fuck battle facilities, They all are time wasters.
>>
I'm conversely hyped because S/M disappointed me as much as B/W did and I'm hoping if these are anything like BW2 they'll redeem S/M.
>>
>>32709820
The trailer was cringe for fooling itself into thinking a dozen grown adults would freak out over Pokken like it was an actual sport. Not even teens do that shit over Smash.
>>
>>32709165
Ruby and Sapphire Deluxe and Diamond and Pearl Deluxe would like a word with you.
>>
>>32712643
>Not even teens do that
That's because teens are tryhards anon, everyone knows this.
>>
>>32709361
Alternate, implying parallel or potentially the full story they wanted to tell originally. But, the game had to be rushed out cause of stupid deadlines as per usual.
>>
>>32709122
true. the cameo bullshit after pokken was shit. i wish they just showed an actual trailer. i hated myself for waking up so early for it.
>>
I think I'm mostly just disappointed by the names. Ultra? Why not something like Blazing Sun and Shining Moon? Rising Sun and Full Moon?
>>
File: 1477204171503.jpg (40KB, 245x249px) Image search: [Google]
1477204171503.jpg
40KB, 245x249px
>>32713134
Ultra Beasts anon did you even play Sun and Moon?
>>
>>32713145
nope
>>
>>32713134
Heart gold and soul silver have the best names for a game in this series
>>
>>32709122
>only got the titles for S/M
>only got Groudon and Kyogre for OR/AS
>Barely got a thing for X/Y
>but this is somehow not okay
>We'll be getting info by E3, or next months corocoro
>games are 5 months away
(You)
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.