[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think there's a chance we will got to Kanto in USUM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

Do you think there's a chance we will got to Kanto in USUM?

It its an alternate story so maybe this time around we are Alolans who will move to Kanto at the end or at least go there instead of Lillie

Also there's the GS connection.
RGBY were connected with SM
GS are connected with USUM
GS have two regions and later you go to Kanto

I guess another but less likely option would be Kalos (who knows USUM protagonist might be from Kalos) because of the whole Zygarde situation

Do you think they'd be able to do a second region in just a year?
>>
>>32706763
I hope so
>>
Why fuck waste kanto on a 3rd version of the game. They can make and sell more just remaking it on its own
>>
>>32706763
Fuck Kanto.
It's not gonna happen but if we're getting a second region I'd like it to be Kalos
>>
ULSUULMO you mean right, OP?
>>
>>32706763
>do you think we will be goong back to X
I wish you stupid fucks would get over this. They did this one time. ONE time, and you fuckers think there's a possibility of it happening in every new game. If it hasn't happened by now. It isn't going to. Get over it.
>>
>>32706821
Yeah and that means they'll never do that again right?
>>
>>32707184
The only time they ever did was cause they realized "Hey we have this other region made already and we have enough room on the cart if we cut a bit of it out" and they definitely don't have a premade Gen 7 Kanto ready to go so I don't think it's happening. You couldn't even go to Kanto and Johto in Platinum after they already made HGSS.
>>
>>32707206
>You couldn't even go to Kanto and Johto in Platinum after they already made HGSS.
What are you talking about? HGSS was after Platinum
>>
>>32706763
>USUM
Can we get reddit out of here.
>>
>>32706763
No.
I wouldn't be surprised if the gym leaders come to the Battle Tree or something though.
>>
>>32707206
That's literally wrong though. Iwata coded it to free up enough space to go to kanto
>>
>>32707580
Sorry, Ultra S&M.
>>
Pokemon Twitter hashtag they tweeted was USM
>>
I can see it happening, they need a huge selling point, and Kanto would put it on the map
and it feels like it was meant to be in Sun/Moon anyway just cut out for time
>>
You know what I don't get? GF is so hell-bent on handholding and making routes linear as fuck yet they release remakes and VC without these 'improvements' and no dent in sales is seen.
>>
>>32706763
Gs is connected to bank, so its also connected to sm.
>>
>>32707553
this

you could go to some of the Sevii islands (Navel Rock & Birth Island) in Emerald because it came out after FRLG
>>
>>32707580
sorry sweetie, reddit is always here to stay. we own this site k
>>
File: 1430839041824.png (276KB, 586x634px) Image search: [Google]
1430839041824.png
276KB, 586x634px
>>32706763
>Do you think there's a chance we will got to Kanto in USUM?
No.
In SM, you LITERALLY just moved to Alola. I doubt that aspect will change. Then you literally became their first Champion and played a big part in establishing the League. Again, I doubt that will change.
Now, why would a kid who just moved regions and have become a Champion leave the region right away, leaving all of his friends and family behind? He wouldn't. It makes zero sense.

Even from a game design perspective, it makes zero sense. If you want Kanto, play a fucking Kanto game. If you want to sell Kanto, make a fucking Kanto game. Selling it separately is going to make more money and make more people happy. There's literally no reason to pack it inside USM, the games set in Alola. So, considering it makes no sense from the story or the company's perspective, I think we can safely assume there's zero chance of that happening.
>>
>>32707630
Not exactly. The issue Gamefreak was having at the time was they filled the cart before evening finishing all the stuff for Johto. Then Iwata was brought in and took advantage of some compression tools he designed for HAL Labs so they would have enough room to finish Johto. It just so happens Gamefreak is so incompetent/ Iwata was so damn good at this stuff that when it was compressed there was so much room left they ended up with more than enough even after finishing Johto and threw in a cut down Kanto they had laying around anyways.
>>
>>32708870
why do you keep dickriding Iwata when the man has been dead for what, 2 or 3 years now?

he made some compression tools, that's it

Game Freak was greedy about what they wanted to add to Gold and Silver because Ishihara, being their producer, wanted to end Pokémon after that
>>
>>32708895
>Ishihara, being their producer, wanted to end Pokémon after that
He didn't want to end pokemon, he wanted to leave.
>>
>>32708919
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/1
>That's right. After we released Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, we began working on these titles, thinking that the ultimate in Pokémon games could only ever be Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver.
>The reason that I licensed so many products and developed things like the trading cards was basically to ensure that Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver were successful. I felt that this was my primary role. So at that time, I worked with the assumption that after we put out Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, my work as far as Pokémon was concerned would be done.
you could argue that it's both since GF didn't even think localizing Pokémon was worth it and they wanted GS out almost 2 years before it actually did
>>
>>32706763
Nope. Game Freak already stated, well, Masuda himself, actually, in an interview, has gone on record to say that most people are casual and even the more hardcore players do not seem to care about the post game, so long as the main game is all there, so because it is not a priority, we will more than likely never be traveling to more than one region per game, and you can also kiss the chances of the Battle Frontier returning in a DPP remake goodbye.
>>
>>32709001
well, playing Devil's advocate here but DP had the Battle Park with the Battle Tower and GF may have only thought on the new Battle Frontier later since the Battle Park is still in Platinum's data, complete with map and events
>>
>>32707206
not even that

going back to kanto was never game freak's idea but Iwata's

Iwata is dead now so we'll never ever get a new region
>>
>>32709443
>going back to kanto was never game freak's idea but Iwata's
[citation needed]
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.