[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>waah gen 6 sucks because of XY!!! >waah gen 7 sucks because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: vp in a nutshell.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
vp in a nutshell.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>waah gen 6 sucks because of XY!!!
>waah gen 7 sucks because of S/M!!!!

>lol i love gen 4 so good xD
How do we fix this? When will you retards learn that the first games of a gen are always gimped and shit compared to the later entries?
>>
File: le frontier.png (608KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
le frontier.png
608KB, 1920x1080px
>muh ORAS was shit too!!!
yeah, so shit. if it had a frontier you'd be all over that shit, but since it didn't you can never accept that they were atleast mediocre
it's like nothing else exists in these games but the post game where you fight AI over and over again with little to no plot until they get ridiculously lucky
>>
RS and DP, while flawed games, didn't feel unfinished unlike XY and SM.
>>
>>32705019
For me SM surpass by far DP (the worst games in the series for me), RS and even BW.
>>
>>32705032

I can say for sure that I will never replay Sun or Moon. I have replayed every other game in the franchise at least 3 times, and upwards of 20 times. Handholding and cut scenes, along with stupid new features (z-moves and shit like that) kill it for me.
>>
>>32705019
I wonder why? Could you have been a tad younger back then, huh?
>>
>>32705032
And for me, it was the worst. Poor Pokemon diversity, a poor region, poor online features compared to XY, poor post-game and an overemphasis on cutscenes which forced the poor story on you more than the older games did. And compared to other 3DS games, SM had poor visuals (although they were still a lot better than XY's visuals).

And the entire point of new entries in the same series is that they improve on the series with each new addition, otherwise they may as well not bother making a new game if they don't have the ambition to surpass the older games. So naturally the expectations will rise as the newer games get released. But Game Freak seem to add a good feature for one game and remove it for the next. I can't think of another series that does this.
>>
>>32705068
>And compared to other 3DS games, SM had poor visuals
This is not true in any way.
>>
>>32705002
Because Gen 6 never got a Z or some other updated game to redeem XY being shit. SM were actually decent at minimum
>>
>>32705067
Or because RS were enjoyable enough with sidegames like Contests and Secret Bases and DP had actual post-game content.
>>
>>32705099
Yeah, the only thing that matters is the side shit and post game
>>
>>32705019
DP were just as bad if not worse than XY. The main difference is that DP got a third version that at least tried to fix some of the issues, whereas XY didn't (and most likely never will).
>>
>>32705099
>DP had actual post-game content.
like uh
>>
>>32705105
SM's main game certainly isn't anything to write home about and is the same as every other main game (electric trial has a quiz, SO NEW AND FRESH) so what else is there?
>>
>>32705115
How is it not, compared to R/S or D/P?
>>
>>32705089
It is true. Games like Resident Evil: Revelations, Ocarina of Time 3D and Kid Icarus: Uprising look far better. And all those games ran a lot smoother than any 3DS Pokemon game, despite being much more graphically intensive.
>>
>>32705123
How is it? Trials are just gyms.
There's an E4. Evil team.
Are you saying you give a damn about the forced family drama? Don't tell me you actually play these games for the story.
>>
>>32705139
Yes, I do care about the story, for that makes the main game. Are you saying you play these games to repeat the same process every year?
>>
>>32705113
An entirely new island to the northeast was much more then what the 3ds games added.
>>
>>32705139

And even worse, most of the E4/Champion are people you have already met in the game.
>>
>>32705002
I personally like RS and DP because they're fucking loaded with features (DP moreso than RS, but that makes sense since RS came first), and DP had such a nice atmosphere. I liked XY until I finished them and realized just how small they were and how little effort was put into the story and their content. I loved ORAS because they had everything RS had and even more, plus a whole extra chapter of brand-new story. Yes I'm bitter that Emerald was omitted, but they still put much more effort into ORAS than XY.

SM was just a shitload of marketing, merchandising and pandering. Yes, I like the story, it even made me cry when Lillie left for Kanto, which is why I'm looking forward to Ultra SM, but there just wasn't enough content to satisfy me in SM alone (unlike RS and DP). The amount of Gen 1 pandering and Pikachu pandering angers me to no end, which also takes away points. Fuck the Ashchus, fuck Pikashunium, fuck Pikanium, fuck Aloraichunium and fuck Alolan Raichu. And fuck the new Pikachu Park in Ultra SM.
>>
>>32705190
Not to mention Ash Greninja. Fuck I hate that thing.
>>
>>32705187
>And even worse
>characters that have been already established so there's more weight to the battle instead of literal whos as usual
>a bad thing

???
>>
>>32705159
Which had, uh
Even the small island in XY had more things to do than that shithole
>>
>>32705236

I'm hoping for a potential challenge not people I have battled a few times already or have already interacted with multiple times. These people are supposed to be the elite four, I expect them to be special.
>>
>>32705187
I also like to battle complete random whothefucks, that really makes the game for me
>>
>>32705255
Battle tower, new explroable areas, large dungeon, a legendary and a tag battle segment. There is no need to pretend to be retarded.
>>
>>32705259
The whole point is that the elite four is new and being made out of established people, if you wanted the game to be harder than using established characters isn't the problem here, dumbass.
>>
>>32705266
so just routes with nothing in them, a battle tower that literally every game has and a single legendary
wew laddie
>>
>>32705279
Seems like every route in all the games are empty if that's your definition, unless you like dumbfuck NPCs interrupting you every few steps. Nice job ignoring unique towns and the tag battle segment, by the way.

>unironically defending XY in any way
>unironically defending SM's lack of postgame content

This is your last (You)
>>
>>32705279
And it's a 'legendary', not even a proper ubermon, just the mythical flaming turd.
>>
>>32705300
>unique towns

The battle area was shit, DP were the worst games, the sooner you accept this, the sooner you can talk with the adults Shinnofetus.
>>
>>32705300
>unique towns
like all of them? Wew, you sure convinced me with that one.
And yes, routes in general are empty if there's nothing of value in them after the game is already done. They could've been moved to the main Sinnoh to make it better.

>tag battle segment
what's that again? i can't recall it, is it some one time only double battle?
>>
>>32705318
Stark mountain, before fighting the legendary turd, you team up with the redhead faggot.
>>
>>32705002
Gens 6 and 7 are shit. This is when they went from being creatures more or less based on real life animals to overly designed furry high school mascot people.
>>
>>32705310
Wow, the salt.
>>
>>32705002
except ORAS sucks too
>>
>>32705002
its the fact that gen 6 was cucked by gen 7, then gen 7 gets cucked by the ultra games, meaning sun and moon never needed to even happen. they just wanted to make more money
>>
i got pearl when i was 6 teen
>>
>>32707098
like the games on the left?
>>
>>32705002
Literally no-one says R/S or D/P are good you utter retard. Everyone praises Emerald, and potentially FR/LG, for Gen 3 or Platinum and HeartGold/SoulSilver for Gen 4.
>>
>>32707138
literally no one says those gens were ass because of those games only, which is my point here
>>
>>32705159
DP should not be praised for its post game, that island is basically part of the main game since you couldn't even catch a ton of brand new Pokemon until then
>>
>>32707118
wasnt talking about diamond or pearl, i think im one of the few people who honestly didnt expect much of anything to happen with this direct, and i especially didnt expect those two to happen so soon.

jesus this fanbase is horrid, expectations are at ridiculous highs, and its only leading to bitterness and disappointment. stop expecting so much from gamefreak people, they dont listen to us BECAUSE we as a fanbase are SOOO insufferable
>>
>>32705002
We never got the later entries of Gen 6, it's just going to be bad forever
The Ultra games might be amazing though, my hopes for platinum were at rock bottom after DP and that game was great
>>
>>32707070
>Muh BF!
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.