[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GameFreak make BW sequels, hoping they'd sell more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: 1495061178240.gif (1MB, 581x578px) Image search: [Google]
1495061178240.gif
1MB, 581x578px
>GameFreak make BW sequels, hoping they'd sell more than Crystal/Emerald/Platinum.
>Crystal and Emerald sold ~6 millions copies, Platinum ~7 millions.
>BW2 ends up selling 8 millions, not as much as they would have hoped.
>They realize the sequels aspect didn't help boost the sales, but the fact that there were two versions did
>Why put in the effort of making a sequel then?
>They release a third version for S&M that's split into two games for maximum laziness and sales

This is pretty much the truth, anons.
http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon
>>
>making two games instead of 1 is "lazy"
alright
>>
>>32704901
No, but making 4 games that are essentially the same is.
>>
File: 1483793366653.jpg (460KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483793366653.jpg
460KB, 900x900px
>>32704901
>splitting the same game into two with minor differences isn't a lazy way to make more money

Wew, keep riding Masuda's cock.
>>
>>32704920
>masudas cock

for fucks sake, it´s ohmori not masuda.
>>
>>32704920
they aren't "splitting" anything though
>>
>>32704943
Yes they are.
>>
>>32704901
They're not making two games. They're making one game and selling four versions of it with minor differences.
>>
Pretty much agree

But it's been at least implied that Ultra has a different story, so they probably had to use the same amount of work for that as to make BW2
>>
>>32704893
That must be why we got Pokemon A and Z after X and Y.
>>
>>32704920
I'd rather suck Masuda's cock than yours
>>
>>32704920
>>32706197
BTFO
>>
File: 1495553596322.jpg (75KB, 779x708px) Image search: [Google]
1495553596322.jpg
75KB, 779x708px
>>32706197
>>
>>32706158
You say that as if we got a Z or some other 3rd game.
>>
>>32704920
>Making 2 games = Bigger cost of production and storage
>People that aren't retards only buy one version
I don't see how this is somehow related to laziness. Only autist and collectors buy 2 versions of the game. It boost the sale buy almost nothing since normies will just buy one version
>>
>>32704968
And? It's a business plan like any other. None is requesting you to buy all four of them, they are a company they try to make the most money by spending the least, that's literally capitalism 101. Are you angry at GF for doing what it is supposed to be or at capitalism for being a rotten system that doesn't cater to your masturbatory view of the world?
>>
>>32706719
Clearly you don't understand how otaku culture works. The huge money spenders give Japanese companies a good chunk of their income because they usually spend hundreds more than other normal people. Just look at the Pokemom Trading Card Game or that one obscure Pokemon Duel Mobile Game.
Gamefreak is tapping into this market by making more versions of the same game so otaku will buy both. They always do. And by making the completionist's/collector's job easier, they can make more nerdy people be actual Pokemon otaku.
>>
>>32706800
They are basically releasing the game they released last year but with DLC, except you pay full price for it again. Only children, manchildren and their moms get fooled by this at this point.
Personally I don't even buy Pokemon games anymore because I know they will pull shit like this. I'll probably buy USUM when this Gen ends so I can experience full content without paying for the usual shit twice.
>>
>>32706933
I see, but do you really think that is enough to redeem the cost of producing twice what you're supposed to produce once ? It's a really big cost, and the otaku culture isn't that spreaded out outside of Japan
>>
>>32704893
>They realize the sequels aspect didn't help boost the sales, but the fact that there were two versions did
>BW2 ends up selling 8 millions, not as much as they would have hoped.
You proved yourself wrong in just 2 sentences. A new record.
>>
>>32704920
Game Freak only decided on two versions of the same game because Shigeru Miyamoto told them to do it

Satoshi Tajiri wasn't planning on doing it like that
>>
>>32706933
fuck off
the main draw behind double release is that households with two children will buy both
gf doesn't care about otakus, the game is surely enjoyable at any age but they've proven again and again that the main target are fuckig children grow up and stop thinking the world revolves around you

>>32706966
Again I don't see the problem. The game is built and intended for kids. If you want to buy do so, if you don't do so. And don't even begin with the "I don't buy pokémon games anymore" the very fact that you're here trying to justify your anger born from false hype generated from the fact that you enjoy a children game and unironically think that GF caters to you means that not only you're going to buy the game Day 1, but you willing enjoy it like crazy and then come bitch about it here because that's what cool kids do. You enjoy a children franchise, there's nothing wrong with that accept yourself grow up and move on.
>>
>>32704893
Yea that was obvious. Seriously you guys only started catching on now?
>>
>>32707145
>gf doesn't care about otakus
Say that to all the Lillie merchandise.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.