[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else feel like they're in some weird dreamstate,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: endme.jpg (64KB, 1266x710px) Image search: [Google]
endme.jpg
64KB, 1266x710px
Does anyone else feel like they're in some weird dreamstate, or is it just me? Like I can't quite describe it, the announcement of USM feels oddly bizarre to me.

>USM trailer in the presentation pops up almost at random in the middle of the direct, and consists of very fast, short clips
>"Ultra Sun" and "Ultra Moon" as the titles just feels very out of left field
>So do the new character outfits that just feel randomly slapped together
>All the sudden fake leaks all around /vp/ that feel like something I'd see in a dream
>Box legends also look like a weird Pokéfusion I would see in a dream

I don't know how else to describe what I'm feeling and it's weird
Like interested yet somehow it doesn't feel real
Am I just happening to experience an existential crisis of some sort?
Why the hell am I posting these personal feelings on /vp/ right now?
Fuck
>>
The name and weird changes they showed really make them seem like hacks
>>
you'll get used to it
>>
I personally didn't expect any game play. Just title logo and release date. So game play surprised me.

Honestly this direct for pokken but hyped it up like it was for new mainline Pokemon game because no one gives a fuck about pokken and announcing on its own wouldn't have created any buzz

It's smart business I guess
>>
Parallel universes tend to be pretty fucking trippy to go through. One moment you're talking to your friend like any regular day then your world champion grandma calls to tell you she's getting ready for her cage fight and wants you and your parents to be there for it.
>>
File: 1493366072400.jpg (9KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1493366072400.jpg
9KB, 305x309px
>>32702741
>the announcement of USM feels oddly bizarre
You're not alone, anon. Why they dedicated the majority of this direct to a spin off and leave only 30 seconds of info for a main line series game is beyond me. Should of had more clarification on USUM then have final points on Pokken and GS near the end; especially for all the fags who till think this is a sequel somehow
>>
>>32702741
Eh, the same thing happened when BW2 where announced more or less.

>>32702771
Because E3 is like 5 days away?
>>
I could have sworn hillary got elected in my universe, in fact trump was a laughing stock and everyone knew he had no chance

and yet apparently trump is president and the new pokemon isn't on the switch and time seems to be going really fast with no consistency, it feels like 3 weeks or something but then it's 6 months or more
>>
File: MASUDAAAAA.jpg (29KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
MASUDAAAAA.jpg
29KB, 550x413px
>>32702741
My friends say... USM isn't real!
>>
>>32702780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpFdP5yATw0
>>
>>32702780
>USM not being on the Switch is inconsistent with what GameFreak usually does.

Underage detected.
>>
>>32702741
You are in a dream. We all are.
Nobody wakes up until they die.
Don't try to kill yourself it won't work, you'll just have to start from the beginning again
>>
>>32702777
>Because E3 is like 5 days away?
Why wouldn't they just wait then? Maybe they couldn't fit both of these direct announcements in a 30 minute time slot. It still feels odd going back to the old Sun and Moon hype season where info was constantly being dumped
>>
>>32702771
Wanted to shill the Switch for Nintendo.

Game Freak didn't have a Switch game ready because they spent most of SM dev time on upgrading the engine, SM felt unfinished and now they're going with the yokai watch / old third version model of getting out new content so we don't have a gap year.

Also remaking Sinnoh would have taken too long for them.
>>
>>32702741
The post-game you like is gonna come back in USM.
>>
>>32702812
Nowadays you have shit like teasers for movie trailers instead of just releasing the trailer, why? so they can create hype, is not that complicated.
>>
File: nanu__.png (338KB, 600x558px) Image search: [Google]
nanu__.png
338KB, 600x558px
>>32702741
Nothing is real. Everything is meaningless.
>>
>>32702831
Post-game wasn't usually the selling point for me, but what is a selling point for me from most third versions/sequels is all the little improvements and additions here and there, like the additional areas, expanded dex, nicer visuals, move tutors, all of which this is likely to have. A good postgame is just icing on the cake, so I think this game'll be a good experience for me. I loved S/M, and while I agree it isn't good for replay value, since the story's the best the first time, I'm optimistic on this one.
>>
2bh I don't even care about the fucking games anymore. I only really care about the girls.
>>
>>32702741
>names out of left field
It was called by a fake leaker a couple weeks ago
>>
>>32702741
They didn't show much anything at all.

Pokken had a more interesting trailer oddly enough.

Then again it doesn't get much to get people hyped for mainline Pokemon. They could have literally just shown the names and estimated release date and youd still get people talking about them for months, like ORAS and SM
>>
>>32702780
>Pokemon isn't on the switch
Good
>>
Maybe it's because SU/MO has only been around for a year. It does feel kind of weird that they'd come out with the third/sequel/midquel/whatever thing this quickly. My concern is that it won't really worth the asking price...
>>
>>32702966
You're finally on my level, welcome to the club anon.
>>
File: 1495744540469.jpg (113KB, 538x762px) Image search: [Google]
1495744540469.jpg
113KB, 538x762px
>>32702966
smart
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.