[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For real though. Why wasn't he included? It would have been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
For real though. Why wasn't he included? It would have been a no-brainer to replicate his moveset from Smash and make him transform into Ash-Greninja for his Burst Attack.
>>
>>32702644
I get that Greninja is popular, but I'm glad the shilling is slowing down. I didn't want yet another lucario.
>>
>>32702644
"too obvious" said the Pokken devs, so they took the shitty knock off aka Deshitueye instead.

Also Sm4sh > Pokken, not a big lost.
>>
>>32702669
Lucario WISHES it got the level of shilling Greninja got.
>>
>>32702644
Harada actually has good taste
>>
>>32702692
Seriously. Lucario already had a creepy level of devotion but at least he never had become part human because of his bond with a trainer. Ash-Greninja is cringe
>>
File: 1496372525228.jpg (127KB, 960x742px) Image search: [Google]
1496372525228.jpg
127KB, 960x742px
>>32702692
AHAHAHAHAHA...

You're kidding, right? You can't seriously believe this, right?
>>
Cause Braixen is the gen vi shillmon
>>
Because you know, they wanted to make way for Croagunk and Chandelure.
It's really not that big of a deal though, Pokken is just a flavor of the month type of shit, and I'm saying this even though my favorite is in it.
>>
>>32702644
Well, we know it wasn't because it would be too obvious or that Greninja was in Smash. Zard, Pikachu, Lucario and Mewtwo are all "obvious" and in Smash. Fuck, Zard was the main Pokemon they used for the DX reveal, not Decidueye or any new Pokemon. They clearly don't care about the "obvious" or Smash.
That leave only two reason why they didn't include Greninja. Either they later plan to have Greninja appear later, or they just don't like Greninja and won't have it appear.
>>
File: 9335001_p0.jpg (135KB, 550x440px) Image search: [Google]
9335001_p0.jpg
135KB, 550x440px
>>32702644
BURASTO...
>>
>>32702644
oh well proves that there will be no "ash" forms in pokken
>>
>>32702644
>Ash-Greninja
Hoshino has good taste, so he'll never put that abomination in.
>>
>>32703430
i wish i was this naive
>>
>>32702692
Because Greninja was the name of the legendary hero in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, with an entire highest rank called "Greninja Rank", that got you a unique Greninja statue to put outside your house, right?
Because Greninja Town, the place where you are given a mandatory Greninja you can't immediately box and indeed must have a battle with it is a thing, right?
Because Greninja was the pokemon the champion of its respective generation was styled after (and be on their team), in addition to being the signature pokemon of a gym leader, right?
>>
>>32703818
Why include the most popular, current big pokemon for free when you can charge for it later?
>>
>>32704198
Sales.
Having Greninja might push more people to buy the game. Releasing Greninja in silence after a while when half the playerbase is already bored with the game and left, and only the active players will know about it might not get much money.
>>
>>32702644
>replicate its moveset from smash

Lucarios Force Palm and Burst are the only things that even remotely copy from Smash. The rest tend to copy and mimic attacks from Tekken and Soul Calibur with a couple Zangief poses and animations for Machamp.
>>
>>32704235
I don't doubt that that's a possibility, but think for a second.
This is a re-release of a fighting game that already has a rather niche audience. The main groups are either die-hard pokemon/pokken fans, people who missed the last one, people who know fighting games, and knew there would be an update, and the odd rouge parent who gets their kid something with Pikachu on it. Greninja doesn't significantly play in to any of those.

I'm not saying they don't exist, but they likely make up a very small proportion of the potential population who will buy this game. However, as paid dlc, you get the people who are serious about the game, since they need all the characters to play on all cylinders online, and you get the hardcore who buy everything pokemon, as well as the casual fans who missed the last incarnation, but like this Graninja that's been everywhere lately. The extra ten bucks they pony up likely outweighs the number of people they might entice by plastering Greninja on the front.
>>
They fucked Pokken up so bad. SO BAD.

Pokken is the "realistic fighting game" everyone wanted for so long. But then:
>Incredibly small roster, LESS CHARACTERS THAN FUCKING TEKKEN 1
>Absolutely no purpose to types, not even a nod or destroying arena obstacles
>Literally the worst decisions made for a roster in history
>Not even one Hitmon even though they could have just lifted a moveset from Tekken
>No Hawlucha at the time his gen came out and instead put in a shitty clone of the shitty overused mascot no one likes
>Choose not to put in the wildly, legitimately (as in not pushed artificially like fuck by TCPI) popular ninja character of the new gen just because one other game did it first
>Next gen rolls around and what do they put in? The huge wrestling TIGER who already has a Tekken character inspired by him? Nope, they put in the nu-male RANGER ARROW FIGHTER that will never be popular
>Release FOUR CHARACTERS in the arcade version and deliberately never say a single thing about the already released Wii U version
>Sell the same game with said four characters for a new console
>Leave loyal customers that actually trusted Nintendo out in the dust
I seriously give up
I hate Tekken
I hate Pokken
Shit game, shit devs
Fuck off
>>
>>32702644
He's the only other water starter I could see being in it. Did seem pretty obvious to include him.
>>
>>32704282
Of course they're gonna go with something unique you piece of shit. Wrestling is predictable and Incineroar is a garbage design, so why shouldn't they put in a UNIQUE design that is POPULAR and STANDS OUT you fucking barafag?
>>
>>32704296
>Decidueye
>unique
Argument falls apart there buddy
>>
>>32704299
>archer
>design has various unique elements
>new moveset can be made without being a straight out tekken clone
And now let's see tony the piece of shit
>austistic Fire/Fighting garbage clone
>muh fire belt wow strong claws yaoi hands fucking ronald mcdonald wrestling is cool right XDDDDDDD
>lol let's copy King and pretend we made something unique fucking great
>>
>>32704316
From the very little footage we got of Decidueye, it looks like a slower Sceptile.
It is refreshing to get a projectile heavy character in fighting games, so I'm all for Decidueye, but I still wouldn't discard Incineroar because it's similar to Tekken characters, its designed for a fighting game, it's yaoi hand are made for grappling.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.