[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just don't get it. Why are you going to buy it? Because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 19

File: pokemonultrasunandultramoon.jpg (178KB, 930x567px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonultrasunandultramoon.jpg
178KB, 930x567px
I just don't get it. Why are you going to buy it? Because it says ultra? What is it about the title that makes you want to spend $40? If I change my Venmo name to have "Ultra" in it, will you send me $40?
>>
>buying a 3ds game
>>
>>32702639
>Why are you going to buy it?
Because it has new content and it looks like not much is coming out this year
>>
Because I love Pokemon. They brainwashed me real good as a kid.
>>
File: 1494193459375~01.jpg (14KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1494193459375~01.jpg
14KB, 225x225px
>>32702658
I know Pokemon fans are infamously gullible but this is unreal
>>
>>32702660
I'm waking up.

I'll buy it used.
>>
>>32702662
>>
If there's going to be new megas, I'll probably buy it. If not it can fuck off.
>>
>>32702639
Because it's a new main series Pokemon game? I enjoy them all, and I doubt this one will be any different. If it is, I'll just get my money back.
>>
>>32702639
Hmm. Let's fucking wait until we have more than a 10 second clip to judge whether it will be worth it.
>>
>>32702639
I'm not. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since the original Black version, but I'm gonna watch other people play it and document everything about it cause I'm a poor goddamn autist.
>>
I havent bought a pokemon game in over a decade
>>
>>32702639
Did you refuse to buy Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, and Black/White 2? If you bought any of these, you have no room to criticize USUM.
>>
>>32702639
Move tutors, new mechanics, hopefully better post game, yeah.
>>
>>32702639
>Why did we buy the Japanese Pokemon Blue?
>Why did we buy Pokemon Yellow?
>Why did we buy Pokemon Crystal?
>Why did we buy Pokemon Emerald?
>Why did we buy Pokemon Platinum?
>>
>>32702658
Nigga, this is one of the best years for gaming and now it's even better with a third game releasing
>>
When did this board become so dense. Holyshit. The games aren't coming until November. 5 months and already calling it shit and not worth 40 dollars.

Go play Pokemon go if that shit still relevant and chilliax kiddo.

40 dollars is nothing to me
>>
File: Please be patient.png (84KB, 348x428px) Image search: [Google]
Please be patient.png
84KB, 348x428px
They're all the same. Third versions, remakes, all of it is just identical to what existed before. Even the "new" gen-starters follow the same exact formula and have little differences besides superficial appearances.
Maybe I'm just growing out of this series.
>>
>>32702759
There's nothing wrong with that. It's 21 year franchise same templete. Maybe you need a break
>>
it's not your business what I do with my money you sick bastard go write your ""opinions"" on fucking reddit instead of being an hyndrance to the normal flow of the discussion by opening another one of these thread, the board is to discuss pokémon, you are not satisfied anymore ? get out none owes you anything
>>
>>32702694
So you haven't caught them all?
>>
File: 1486955627936.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1486955627936.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
>>32702682
>>
>>32702639
I will buy it because I will need to have access to the new ultra evolutions to stay competitively relevant.
>>
File: IMG_3735.gif (34KB, 275x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3735.gif
34KB, 275x352px
>>32702759
Have you tried Yokai Watch?
How about nuzlocking one of the older Pokémon games on an emulator?
>>
I'll buy it because I enjoy the Pokemon games, will probably pour tons of time in it between shinies/battles, won't have to risk getting banned for having a hacked system when going online and because $40 for a game with dozens to hundreds of hours of playability isn't much when you're not underage or a poorfag who can't put aside $7 a month between now and November.
>>
>>32702727

> Its one of the best years for gaming
> Buys the shittiest games with minor DLC added for $40
>>
>>32703442

Are you really expecting that they wont have the new Ultra Evolutions be tradeable with Sun/Moon?
>>
>>32702639
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DONT LIKE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>32705417
Were the fusion dragons obtainable in BW? Genuinely asking since the only part of gen 5 I played were BW2 and don't remember if origin giratina was compatible with DP.
>>
>>32702639

I'm waiting on more info. Postgame is what I find most valuable in a pokemon game and we haven't had good post game since B2W2. If the game just changes up some cutscenes adds very little and thinks the only post game it needs is a battle tree, I won't buy it
>>
>>32702658
Admit it, you are a poorfag that only has a 3ds, its literally the only reason why you would say that.
PS4 is having a great year, Switch has probably one of the best first years of any nintendo console, XBOX ONE still has all the multiplatforms and there are a good number of them and PC never has a day without a game releasing
>>
File: image.png (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
7KB, 225x225px
>>32702639
What makes you think I'll buy it?
>>
>>32702639
I don't buy anything based off the title you inbred mongoloid

>>32705466
Kill yourself for bumping dead shit you reddit frog kid
>>
>>32702639
I actoally liked moon and I'm up for some new content. 40 bucks is okay for the at least 100 hours I'll get out of it
>>
This place really is infested with reddit, holy shit.
>>
>>32702639
how is this any different then say any other "third game" in the gen? it's like Black 2 and White 2
>>
>>32702639

because it's the next pokemon game
>>
New mainline Pokemon game buying it
>>
i havent touched the series since white 2
>>
>>32705451
why would gamefreak switch to the switch?
>the switch sales do not come close to the 3ds sales so far
>a HUGE part of the pokemonplayers are casual player that want to play the games on the go, which is extremly hard, when your battery life is extreme short, and you cant recharge your system outside the main console
>the switch, while marketed as Handheld-homeconole hybrid, is pretty much just the next Wii-u, but noone cares about the portable part
>casual players that pretty much only play pokemon may spent enough for a real portable console for a reasonable price, but definitly for a home console that they dont need for anything else

gamefreak would take a HUGE risk in relaesing the games for the switch, as most "nintendo fanboys" would buy the 3ds games anyways, while the possible new customerbase (non-pokemon-switch-player) would need to be at least as big as the base they would loose (casual pokemon-only gamer)
>>
>>32705401
This
Why did people buy emerald? Platinum? It's no difderent from those games and they made severe improvements on the main games. I'more hyped for ultra sun/moon than I was for sun/moon
>>
>>32705768
>>the switch sales do not come close to the 3ds sales so far
You do realise that games sell the system right?
>when your battery life is extreme short
Unless the game is on the same tier as Zelda you're going to get the same amount of life out of it as a 3DS.
>and you cant recharge your system outside the main console
You can you retard.
>but noone cares about the portable part
Except for the large majority of people who are interested in the Switch. The only reason they haven't bought it is because it doesn't have the games they want on it. In fact recent facebook and youtube trawling showed me that a lot of potential buyers would have succumb to it if Pokemon was announced for it. Which brings us back to the first point.
>casual players that pretty much only play pokemon may spent enough for a real portable console for a reasonable price, but definitly for a home console that they dont need for anything else
You know what, this sentence doesn't even make any sense.

With that said it was completely retarded to expect a Pokemon game to be announced now but GF would not be making any kind of risk by putting the game on the Switch. In fact there seems to be more of an outcry about USM being on the 3DS again.
>>
>>32702639
Because I never got Sun or Moon
This has all worked out great for me
>>
>>32705784
>Why did people buy emerald? Platinum?
Because there was no other way to experience the $15 of effort they put in. You either had to deal with the price or not play it until emulators reached an acceptable level.

> It's no difderent from those games and they made severe improvements on the main games
They didn't though.
A few minor graphical changes here and there and at most two new areas isn't a "severe" improvement.
>>
>>32705441
No, and Origin Giratina (as well as Sky Shaymin) weren't in DP.
>>
File: 1362703474481.jpg (171KB, 933x885px) Image search: [Google]
1362703474481.jpg
171KB, 933x885px
>>32702639
>>32702639
Because me and my gf love to enjoy things together, and since we're not some poor faggot that has to live on his parent's money, we can afford these games without any problem and cuddle each other while we play them.
In the meanwhile you'll be on /vp/, bitching all day about these games that you won't buy because you're so smart, and at the end of the day you won't have done anything significant for anybody.
>>
>>32705817
>You do realise that games sell the system right?
You realise that gamefreak is not Nintendo, right? they didnt even allow pokemon skins for yoshis wolly world
>You know what, this sentence doesn't even make any sense.
well, im not a native speaker, so let me try to rephrase it:
People, that only care about casual Pokemon gaming, are more likely to buy a relative cheap 3ds/whatever future handheld(if they are even true handhelds in the future) than a much more expensive home console (which the switch is), which isnt even necesarry, if they dont play games at home

also the games would have no connections to the other games of the gen and most impotantly, pokemon bank wouldnt work on the games, while the "new" VC games are coming out only a few weeks earlier

im not saying that Gamefreak will NEVER switch to the switch, but right now it would be way to risky for them (unless they are starting a new gen or they make a colloseum-tier game for the switch)
>>
>>32702639
Because I can enjoy things and aren't a fun-hating asshole.
>>
File: 1496805251879.jpg (59KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1496805251879.jpg
59KB, 600x600px
>>32702639
the new pokemon games look intersting
i'm going to get ultra moon
>>
>>32702639
Because your Venmo isn't popular and is probably shit.
>>
>>32705947
>You realise that gamefreak is not Nintendo, right?
Gamefreak being second party developers and Nintendo having majority shares of the Pokemon franchise by virtue of owning creatures inc.
>they didnt even allow pokemon skins for yoshis wolly world
That's TPC kiddo. They have a hateboner for anything Amiibo.

>are more likely to buy a relative cheap 3ds/whatever future handheld(if they are even true handhelds in the future) than a much more expensive home console (which the switch is), which isnt even necesarry, if they dont play games at home
Now that's better.
And that also wraps back around to point one in that games sell the system rather than the system selling the game.
You can see that with systems like the PS4.

>also the games would have no connections to the other games of the gen and most impotantly, pokemon bank wouldnt work on the games
There's nothing stopping them from making the games compatible with the 3DS games in the same way that Monster Hunter 3U and soon XX is other than their own incompetence.
It's also been done with with all of the Stadium style games.
Bank is tied to the Nintendo account which the Switch also uses so that's simple enough to do.

>but right now it would be way to risky for them
Not really no, especially with a franchise like Pokemon that singlehandedly saved the GBA and 3DS.
GF despite their stupidity are the trendsetters if they say that a console is worthy of Pokemon then the consumers know that it's a good system but like I said, expecting a game on the switch now is ridiculous.
>>
>>32702639
I'm downloading it on FreeShop :^)
>>
File: 1475209394959.png (107KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1475209394959.png
107KB, 400x540px
>>32702639
Because it makes you cry bitter tears.
>>
Is there going to be yuri?
>>
It's a Pokemon game so I'm buying it
>>
>>32702639
Its a new release of a fucking Pokemon game, why would I not buy it? Seriously, you autistic manchildren with your stupidity make me SEETHE! Its like you've already played the game and know the contents.
>>
>>32706089
i don't see why they would remove it
>>
>>32702639
Because mid-gen releases have been consistently good. Therefore, I expect this to be good.
>>
Do you people even like Pokemon? And save the bullshit about not being a nintendrone or another meme. I understand it's not good to be overhyped, but shitting on every single game that is announced gets retarded quickly.
>>
>>32706125
>le current year
>liking anything
>>
>>32706125
Yeah because we totally haven't gotten a string of bad games on the 3DS with this one already hitting up multiple red flags with just a small snippet.
Use some common sense instead of buying into your childhood desires. They don't give a fuck any more.

>Do you people even like Pokemon?
Why do you think I'm not hyped?
>>
>>32702639
Because i'm not a fucking poorfag.
>>
>>32706160
>bad games
>pokemon games are the best selling is well received 3ds games
>"b-but sales =/= Quality! i dont like it, so everyone that say otherwise is just baiting!!!!"
>>
>>32706160
SM were good, only contrarians think otherwise.
>>
There will obviously be more than just a name change, a new story line, and new game play methods.
>>
>>32706195
>being poor means having no sense of worth
Just like a poorfag.
>>
File: 1440523402231.jpg (72KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
1440523402231.jpg
72KB, 500x268px
>>32706214
>and new game play methods.
You really think that don't you.

New gameplay methods.
In the only generation to remove them.
>>
>>32702702
I bought Black and White 2 because it was a sequel and not a redo of Black and White.
>>
I never bought SM after seeing how mediocre it was, and I'm trying to be optimistic about USUM.
I'm still holding out until a general consensus comes around again, though.
>>
>>32702639
no fucking way I'm wasting money and time on this shit
>>
Cause I like the mainline games and is generally stoked for USUM
>>
File: VljLxOM.png (18KB, 464x206px) Image search: [Google]
VljLxOM.png
18KB, 464x206px
>>32705475
>hates pep

sjw spotted

>>32702639
Why are you going to buy it?

I'm not
>>
File: cutememe.jpg (33KB, 480x450px) Image search: [Google]
cutememe.jpg
33KB, 480x450px
>>32702639
I'm not, because I can pirate it.
But I would.

Because it's a Pokemon game and I like Pokemon games and I want to see everything new they've done to Alola.
The modified story, the new cutscenes, the new buildings, the new forms, new characters. All of it.

Why would I not buy it? You never gave me a reason not to.
Because "it's the same game"?
Do you have any idea how many re-releases and different versions of a game there are?

Give me a break, dude.
>>
>>32706299
>The modified story, the new cutscenes, the new buildings, the new forms, new characters.
This. I wonder if the people complaining about USM ever bought any third version of a Pokémon game, and if so, why they did.
>>
>>32706317
Main excuse I'm seeing thrown about is that they could release it as cheaper DLC, despite Gamefreak outright stating that they don't like using DLC.
Plus people would have to give up their save for a third version, which makes the whole argument incredibly nonsensical.
>>
>>32706299
Basically what this dude said.
>>
>>32706384
>despite Gamefreak outright stating that they don't like using DLC.
It's more that they don't really know how to deal with DLC than anything else.

>Plus people would have to give up their save for a third version
You know DLC often comes in separate campaigns right?
Just have a short story occur in a world on the other side of the Ultra Wormhole and players can keep their saves while exploring the new content.
>>
>>32702639
Because I want to Nuzlocke it.
>>
>>32706384
And it looks like the plot and story progression going to be changed more than a little (you get your starter in a different place, for example), meaning cramming this in as DLC would be asinine.
>>
>>32705441
And the Megas from ORAS weren't in X and Y
>>
>>32705409
You assume a lot don't you?
>>
>>32706428
>you get your starter in a different place
The trailer had them in the same place.
>>
>>32702639
Because of I want to give a solid opinion on it I need to play it.
>>
>>32706226
>BW2
>Same region with more shit
>Acceptable
>USUM
>Same region with more shit (And possibly more Alola forms and mega)
>Somehow unacceptable
Explain yourself, is the story the only thing that makes you buy a game ?
>>
>>32706317
>Implying they played SM in the first place
>>
>>32706687
>BW2
>same region with massive changes
>direct sequel with new Protags
>several new towns

>USM
>same region, starting point and protags with aesthetic changes
>same story with minor changes
>$15 worth of effort
>based on a game that wasn't even complete
>based on a game with no level design
>worked on for less than a year

>implying you should be hyped for this
>>
>>32705947
You realize the "third versions" have sold worse than the original releases, right? Many of the casual players you're referring to are much less likely to buy the same game with slight updates again. Not to mention the 3ds is an ancient console and most people are more interested in the shiny new Switch.

Releasing on the Switch may actually have broken this trend. Even being the same basic game, USM could have shown itself to have drastically improved visuals, performance, and features being on the newer and more capable Switch. That has much more selling point than "altered story" and "some changes".

People are also more likely to buy games for new consoles because the library is much smaller. Disgaea 5's pre-orders for the Switch bypassed the overall sales of the game on PS4. That's how desperately people want games on the Switch.

Pokemon is also a successful enough series to take these sorts of risks and release as a system seller. The Switch at launch outsold the Wii's launch. The Switch caused Sony to mentioned the Vita again, which is legit a miracle. Capcom is making games for it. There's little reason to doubt its popularity.

The decision to keep USM a 3ds game sounds like a last minute cash grab before the 3ds is faded out or it's adding cut out shit originally meant for SM, so they could sell it to people four times. Either way, it's suspicious they showed so little.
>>
Wait a minute... are people really seriously taking the bait?
>>
>>32706731

What doesn't tell you that Alola will go through massive changes too ? You've only seen 15 seconds of the game ?
Also
>Same protags
Yet to be proven, Nate and Hilbert had the same haircolor too, that doesn't mean shit
>Same story with minor changes
Again, the site talk about "Another tale", it could be something completely different from what we've got from SM
>15$ worth of effort
You can tell that by 15 seconds of trailer ? Bravo !
>based on a game that wasn't even complete
BW seemed empty too once you reach the post game (But yeah SM has lot of "WIP" area and that suck ass)
>based on a game with no level design
Not sure I see what you mean here
>worked on for less than a year
Stop this shitty meme, company don't start working on a game once they were announced

I'm actually more hype for USUM that I was with BW2
>>
>>32702639
The title refers to the ultra beats, I think it's fitting. I didn't lose my trust in GF yet so I'll welcome these games with open arms.
>>
File: black-white-2-med.jpg (85KB, 600x351px) Image search: [Google]
black-white-2-med.jpg
85KB, 600x351px
I just don't get it. Why are you going to buy it? Because it says ultra? What is it about the title that makes you want to spend $40? If I change my Faggot name to have "Ultra" in it, will you send me $40?

You're already a Ultrafaggot OP, don't need to add ultra to your name
>>
>>32702639
>Why are you going to buy it
1.) Because I'm a Poke-whore
2.) Because I actually love and enjoy the Pokemon series
3.) Because I actually have fun with Pokemon
4.) Because I have the income to afford the game
5.) Because I'm not an overly cynical, entitled cunt full of self-loathing that hates their own franchise and is never satisfied with what comes out. That I actually know what I like and enjoy the games, despite all of the faults and shortcomings that come with them due to Game Freak dropping the ball in many ways.
6.) I like video games
>>
>>32702662
Can you really call yourself a fan if you don't buy new games in a franchise though? Anything beyond that is pure nostalgiafagging.
>>
>>32706900
Yeah you can. Especially not buying a 3rd version of a game.
>>
Grow up.
Get a big boy job.
$40 is pocket change.
New main-series poke content is worth it.
>>
Because I smartly didn't buy the inferior versions
>>
>>32702639
muh 3ds is hacc
>>
>>32702639
Because I didn't buy Sun or Moon, since I already knew things would be like this.
>>
People are going to buy it because
1)It will be like Platinum and Emerald, which were a vast improvement of their predecessors. So hopefully these will too.
2)They didn't buy SM and want to know what this gen is about.
3)They buy every single game of this series.
4)They enjoyed Alola but got tired of it quick.
5)They only have a 3ds, so not many games on it this year.

I'm indecisive for now. Need more information.
>>
>>32706844
>Nate and Hilbert had the same haircolor too
What is with you and hair color?
The protagonists we saw literally used the same models and textures as the originals from SM. They also begin in the exact same place as SM.
What makes you think they aren't the same protagonists when the evidence is dancing in front of you?

>Again, the site talk about "Another tale",
No it doesn't.
The site outright says "new additions to the story" implying it's another Emerald and Plat deal over a new story like BW2.
>You can tell that by 15 seconds of trailer ? Bravo !
Yes?
The massive red flags are already showing themselves
Just compare the effort put into the Kyurem designs here >>32706890
and compare them to the Ultra legends that have just had Necrozma's body pasted over their phase forms.
K
>BW seemed empty too once you reach the post game
Aside from the fact that there was another half of the region to explore. Meanwhile Alola just had a small field one cave and the battle tree as well as all of that cut content.
>Not sure I see what you mean here
As dumb as you are you should be able to tell the difference between a straight line and a maze.
>Stop this shitty meme, company don't start working on a game once they were announced
You do realise that a year is 12 months and not, what, 5?
In any case it's clear that they did this straight after SM went gold and they can't develop right up to the release date for the game meaning that they couldn't possibly put a full year of development into the game.
>>
File: 1495777453902.jpg (26KB, 600x496px) Image search: [Google]
1495777453902.jpg
26KB, 600x496px
>>32705764
Yet I'm sure you don't browse /vp/ regularly, right? You just happened to chance upon this board and this thread the day after a new game was announced. Who cares about Pokemon, yeah?
>>
>>32702639
>buying

hownu.ru
>>
Hoping it ends up being like black/white 2
>>
>>32702639
Why ask a question when no matter who answers or how your question is answered, your point of view will never change? And you'll just shitpost over any persons answer?

This doesn't really need asking because the answer is obvious. You have autism. Someone buying something you do not like upsets you. It gives you a head ache. You can't comprehend anything other than your own simple minded view point.

I'm gonna give you some advice. Step away from the computer. Take your medication. Go outside. Obsessing over games this much to the point you have an irrational hate for any one game is unhealthy. A part of me is genuinely worried for your well being. Same goes for all of the shitposters ITT.
>>
>>32702639
i have to buy it
how else im going to participate at vgc stuff
>>
>>32707252
that's a fair reason too, but why play such a boring format? You constantly see the same teams with little to no variety. Worse than OU.
>>
File: stopenjoyingthings.jpg (25KB, 364x302px) Image search: [Google]
stopenjoyingthings.jpg
25KB, 364x302px
>>32707278
On my hands and knees begging ya to seek sunlight, hit the weights, lose your virginity, and get a clue
>>
File: 1492075742843.jpg (34KB, 640x685px) Image search: [Google]
1492075742843.jpg
34KB, 640x685px
>>32707343
Ding-dong diddly based.
>>
File: IMG_1866.jpg (42KB, 620x380px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1866.jpg
42KB, 620x380px
>>32705934
I fucked your gf, sorry anon.
>>
I've got 150 hours in sun and 20 in moon so I've already got my moneys worth out of USUM. I'll probably only get one of the Ultras depending on what additional information comes out
>>
>>32702639
We don't know anything yet. Ask in november
>>
To be fair I found BW2 much more enjoyable than BW, that's just a personal opinion though. So I am willing to give these a chance, and I am sure as hell gonna buy one of them.
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.