[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering getting Gold or silver when they are released onto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 153
Thread images: 8

File: download.jpg (13KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
13KB, 200x200px
Considering getting Gold or silver when they are released onto the virtual console, but ive already played heartgold. Is it worth picking up or will I not be missing much?
>>
>>32700078

Do you want HGSS with less features and worse aesthetics? If yes get it, if no then no.
>>
File: feraligatr.png (2KB, 56x56px) Image search: [Google]
feraligatr.png
2KB, 56x56px
>>32700100
>worse aethetics
HGSS will always be the only pokemon games I've ever played for butchering the best pokemon games ever made
>>
>>32700078
HGSS are pretty much straight upgrades. GS is fun but only if you pick certain mons, since certain others don't get useful enough moves and mon access is limited, so it's hard to 'go back'. For example, Heracross has no good STAB till late levels, since no Brick Break (TM, Gen 3) or Close Combat (Gen 4) and Megahorn comes really late in its level-up.
>>
>>32700078
May as well. Your 3ds is hacked, right?
>>
>>32700078
Honestly, unless you really want to experience the games in their original form, you wouldn't be missing much. They were great games, but you won't get anything that you didn't get in HGSS except nostalgia, and it doesn't sound like that's a factor for you.

I'm not saying they'd be bad purchases. You'll probably enjoy them. But if you're concerned that you'd be "missing" something by not playing them, don't worry about that.
>>
You're better off staying with Crystal. Which, by the way was fucking retarded not to include in the port of the series. Play it if there's Pokemon you can not absolutely leave untransferred from GS, but be aware that Crystal is still a better game. HGSS are remakes, so it's a different experience.
>>
>>32700078
You want your bro Typhlosion (let's face it, you're not getting the other 2) to have actual coverage in T-Punch and have the damage be based on its better stat?

If yes, then yes.
>>
>>32700078
GSC were my favorite games in the series until HGSS came along.

If HGSS didnt have that moronic following pokemon feature they would have been flawless.
>>
>>32700169
Being this dumb.....kek
>>
>>32700169
Well, there had to be someone, somewhere with that opinion, I suppose.
>>
>>32700182
>he dislikes what i like
>he is dumb

You must be 18+ to post on this board, faggot.
>>>/r/eddit is that way.
>>
>>32700169
>liking HGSS
>moronic following pokemon feature
This is like running into an albino alligator, I don't know what to make of you. HGSS are my favorites and following Pokemon was a huge proponent of that, made it very engrossing considering it was something far wilder than just a following Pikachu.
>>
>>32700214
Not everyone likes the same stupid shit you do

Get over it, faggot.
>>
>>32700078
If you want to be a true Pokémon fan you MUST play every single game (or at least one of their versions).

You played HG, okay, you don't necessarily have to play SS, but you MUST play Gold, Silver or Crystal if you don't want to be called a secondary.
>>
Are there any unusual moves that can be taught in Gen 2 to be transferred through bank?
>>
>>32700224
You haven't given a single reason why you see it as stupid or moronic, and I have yet to criticize you, I'm just saying I can't fathom a reason why someone would see it as a negative at all. It was a pleasant surprise. Only way I could see you thinking poorly of it is if you played it long after it came out when people overhyped it for you.
>>
>>32700237
Curse.
>>
>>32700282
You sure are butt hurt over someone saying this dislike a feature you like.

Get the fuck over it. If you're that offended you can close your browser or go back to your safe place on r/pokemon, snowflake.
>>
>>32700309
How can there be butthurt on my side when you're the only one actually expressing aggression and insults? I've allowed you to offer some kind of explanation, like that your favorite is a big mon and they don't show up inside. Besides, I'm not the one with the 'snowflake' opinion to be fleeing, put it in perspective.
>>
>>32700370
>doesn't deny being a redditard

Well, there you go. Pack it up, any credibility you thought you had is gone with that.

Enjoy your shitty, pointless feature that made an otherwise flawless game flawed.
>>
>>32700078
thinking about getting Silver because i played Gold before.
>>
>>32700078
Sure, especially for the TMs.
>>
>>32700389
You still haven't said any kind of explanation, and I don't even know what to make of this level of deflection. Why would I have to deny every accusation you make when you're spouting insults, since calling someone a Redditor is literally another insult. It's like having to tell you I'm not a faggot -- you shouldn't give a shit. If it helps calm you down, I'm not one.
>>
>>32700477
>still getting this anally assaulted over a someone correctly calling a pointless feature dumb
>>
>>32700494
Explain what anally assaulted means because I have a strong feeling you're wrong, just like you're wrong to put out an opinion without any explanation for where you're coming from and then insult others that call you out for it.
>>
>>32700494
Haha the other dude has been calmly refuting every point you make, you dumb faggot, why don't you go get your rocks off to Tomi Lahren or whatever the fuck her name is you assblasted snowflake
>>
>>32700477
>>32700494

Jesus, you two. Either give it a rest already, or get a room.
>>
>>32700520
>>32700523
>>32700524
>WAHHHHHH WAHHHHH WAHHHHH
>MOM, SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH ME ON THE INTERNET
>I TRIED WHAT MICHELLE OBAMA SAID AND WENT HIGH BUT HE WONT SAY IM RIGHT
>WAHHHH
>I EVEN CALLED HIM A FAGGOT WAHHHHH
>MOMMY WAHHHHHH WAHHHHH
>>
>>32700187
this
>>
>>32700542

Hey, don't drag me (>>32700524) into their little lovers' spat.
>>
>>32700542
Ur the one getting cyberbullied mate, better call ur mam, in 15 minutes after I'm done with her
>>
>>32700569
You must be at least 18 years old to post on this site
>>
>>32700542
>>MOM, SOMEONE DISAGREES WITH ME ON THE INTERNET

literally you right now lmao
>>
>>32700577
>literally not the one who has a ravaged rectum
>>
>>32700592
yeah that's literally you, look who's been sperging out the whole time like their ass is on fire
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 266x190px
Let's stop fighting and accept each others' opinions. Diversity is what make us humans and we should love each other as a species.
>>
>>32700592
>Literally not the one whose posterior piddled
>>
>>32700610
>look who's been sperging out the whole time
Yeah, the faggot that loves following pokemon so much he cant concede another person doesnt like what he does.
>>
>>32700628
how the fuck did you take it as something to 'concede' it isn't a win-lose thing he literally asked to say what makes you think that and you did everything but
>>
>>32700670
Wrong. He is incredibly upset, everyone can see how upset he is, that someone doesnt like the thing he likes. He could just be an adult about it and realize that there are many opinions, so many opinions, in the world and they may not or may align with his own but probably not considering how many people there are in the world with their own opinions. But he cant get over it because he's such a sad guy and just has to point out that he is right when he is wrong like you.
>>
The mechanics are very different. It plays differently than HGSS.
>>
>>32700706
man opinions have to come from somewhere you know, you don't get to just churn them out and not have to attend to them that's tumblr logic
>>
>>32700078
If you care about legit Pokemon and assuming GF keeps the "VC Pokemon get only HA" you could get yourself both a Shiny HA Ho-oH & Lugia, at least that's why I'm gonna get it
>>
>>32700783
They will if they don't want No Guard Fissure rekting the meta
>>
>>32700778
and the other guy has yet to address why he likes them.

He isnt entitled to an explanation about why someone dislikes something he does. hat is tumblr culture to a T, strawman.
>>
>>32700078
Basically, unless you really love shitty gimmicks, GSC is superior to HGSS in every way. Better play speed, better balance, better visuals, better music, better writing... HGSS is a mess of a game and unless you grew up with it it will be all too apparent after playing the originals.
>>
>>32700813
You're the one who attacked a position man, you have to posit why the position is wrong if it's a matter of opinion, not just spout SJW buzzwords
>>
>>32700861
Nope. No one is entitled to know why anyone holds the opinion they do. All the other guy did was piss and moan that someone disliked what he liked.
>>
Oh my god both of you shut the fuck up. One of you, be the bigger person and let it go. Just don't respond.
>>
>>32700813
but it's not like you asked him to give an explanation of why he liked them, he asked you, it's not about entitled it's about being able to defend what you think
>>
>>32700889
Then aren't you not entitled to know why he likes it? Does logic and fallacy apply only to you Tumblr?
>>
>>32700806
Do we know if we can trade with VC RBY? Because I think that would be impossible if not.
>>
>>32700859
>Better visuals
>Better Writing
>Better Speed
Are you fucking retarded. The story is the exact same, its not like oras. youre other arguments literally don't make sense? Speed and visuals? Fucking hell gameboy colour is as slow as a brick and has shit visuals comapred to the ds, plus the 8bit music causes a headache
>>
>>32700894
I'm having fun mate, I've rarely seen one man this mad, you leave
>>
>>32700904
Never asked him to elaborate. Nor do I give a fuck.

I can understand people have different tastes than I do and move on. He is flipping his shit because he cant believe someone has an opinion that differs from his own. It's sad and pathetic.
>>32700923
for real, the guy who cant get over someone disliking what he likes is pathetic.
>>
>>32700940
I saw and read this whole thread he asked you why you felt the way you did, and your feelings got hurt when he asked you why, because you can't even defend your positions. You're about the world's biggest, dumbest pussy and it's fun to watch.
>>
>>32700913
Yes, we can.
>>
>>32700923 22:25:44
>>32700940 22:26:46
this is the most pathetic samefag ever, I'm done talking to you
>>
there's no point. hgss is all gsc is and more. you also won't get any gentwo cred for going back and playing it when it came out while you were still in the womb

I would never replay them now when I have hgss
>>
>>32700940
Also for the record, I'm the second guy you replied to and YOURE the one Im watching get mad
L
M
A
O
>>
>>32700920
>The story is the exact same
No it isn't. There's some differences, like the kimono girls stuff and being forced to go to your legend's dungeon.

>8bit music causes a headache
No it doesn't unless you're a delicate pansy
>>
File: bye felicia.png (6KB, 434x85px) Image search: [Google]
bye felicia.png
6KB, 434x85px
>>32700963
>pic related
>>32700960
Incorrect. You cannot accept someone has a different opinion and move on. So go ahead think you're taking a high road. You arent.
>>
>>32700963
I take this back >>32700980 that timing is so suspicious though
>>
>>32700963
You're done cause you lost we're not the same guy lol, scamper on home, baby
>>
File: 1482259685304.png (85KB, 585x675px) Image search: [Google]
1482259685304.png
85KB, 585x675px
>>32700913
I don't understand your question and also I just realized this is probably the reason GF haven't released the trio beasts with it's HA yet (too bad they changed their abilities from resistances to inner focus)
>>
>>32700078
There's no point. I can't think of anything that G/S have over HGSS.

There might be a reason if they give you Hidden Abilities like they did with the release of R/B/Y.
>>
>>32700997
Calling you the big, blubberig bitch you are is taking the high road? Thank you for recognizing my altruism my man
>>
>>32701028
Only crybaby here is the booty-bombarded boy who cant fathom that someone would dislike something he likes.

You misspelled autism, by the way. :^)
>>
>>32701050
That's not what I said, but that is what they should have diagnosed you with at an early age to prevent the mess that you are
>>
>>32701074
Missing social cues, especially sarcasm, is a definite indicator of Autism.
>>
>>32701088
Being unable to explain the way you feel is too chief :) :) :)
>>
Both of you niggers are autistic as fuck, now shut the hell up. This stopped being funny about 20 posts ago.
>>
>>32700078
HGSS is better.
>>
>>32701097
(:
the capability is there
youre just not entitled to an aswer
:)

come back after you graduate 8th grade, kiddo. Maybe you'll get it when youre older.
>>
>>32700078
Basically only buy it if you like the feel of gen 2/gbc games.
>>
Well, this thread is a fucking disaster.

I am not the Anon that originally said he didn't like out of pokeball pokemon, however, I am not a fan of the feature either.

It forces you to use a pokemon as a lead that you may not want to use as a lead.

Large pokemon look really silly out of pokeball.

I am not a fan of the Anime and the feature is a bit too Ash and Co. like for my taste.

Not many other trainers followed suit. Lance, I think, is the only semi-important NPC to have a pokemon out of pokeball during the game.

No option to turn it off. I think if it was an optional thing I could have tolerated it more.

Anyway, the feature isn't offensive outright. I can sort of understand why people like it but if it were to ever return I really do wish they have an option to disable it.
>>
>>32701110
> I'm not a retard, I swear!
> Y-youre just not entitled to my genius!
>Yeah that's it!

Posted from my Samsung lmao
>>
>>32701134
>It forces you to use a pokemon as a lead that you may not want to use as a lead.
No it doesn't what are you talking about?

>Large pokemon look really silly out of pokeball.
Oh you're just autistic.
>>
>>32701148
>better insult him because that will surely prove my point

Ground control, my sides are officially in orbit.
>>
>>32701134
>It forces you to use a pokemon as a lead that you may not want to use as a lead.
what?
>>
>>32701110
you literally can't prove the capability is there then gg
>>
>>32701163
Did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>32701155
I really don't think you comprehend what was said, Anon.

If you have to use a pokemon in slot one of your party to follow you, it is the first one you lead with in a battle. Not everyone uses their bromon in slot one.

As for the size thing, have Wailord follow you. Tell me how nice it looks.
>>
>>32701169
you're only proving the point that you cant believe someone has a different opinion than you.

its like pottery.
>>
>>32701198
No, I'm just trying to understand that shit you wrote.
>forces you to use a pokemon as a lead
>>
>>32701199
If Wailord following you bothers you so much that you can't use it as a lead, that pretty much looks like you got the 'tism anon
>>
>>32701232
see >>32701199

lead: the first pokemon used in battle
>>
>>32701240
lol k, buddy. Does your mom's boyfriend know you're up on his computer this late? Surely your bedtime was hours ago.
>>
>>32701227
my opinion is that you love following pokemon but you also love trolling and baiting people, prove me wrong oh wait you can't I won't explain why either don't bother asking
>>
>>32701262
Look, m8, I'm not the one bothered so much by a few pixels on a screen that I can't do something I want to do.
>>
>>32701275
>people can not POSSIBLY dislike something I like because my taste is impeccable ergo HE IS JUST TROLLING

wew fucking lad
>>
>>32701293
haha look how buttblasted you are keep going
>>
>>32701159
If you weren't ready for an insult, we can bring the thread back to your master level discourse lol
>>
If you use bank you might just get it for the abilities otherwise there's not much of a point.
>>
>>32701324
Is there anything in particular other than the legendary beasts and Ho-Oh/Lugia? I can't really think of anything spectacular to transfer.
>>
>>32701320
>>32701322
>LOOK MOM I POSTED IT AGAIN xD
>TROLLEDdddddd SO HARD
>L337 haxx
>>
This is, without a doubt the best thread on 4chan right now, this ONE (1) kid who can't explain why he doesn't LOVE following pokemon is an autistic gift from above
>>
>>32701341
Don't make me break out the insults again, I don't want tears all in this thread
>>
>>32701338
No, maybe some Gen I/II you might want to use but that's it.
>>
>>32701366
At least >>32701134 offered some explanation. Really goes to show there are two types of people in this world.
>>
>>32701383
The only one crying here is you since you can't fathom how someone could possibly dislike something you like.
>>
>>32701393
I was talking about the Reddit tier kid who won't defend his opinions, not the fine gentleman you quoted tiger, keep up
>>
Am I the only one getting the impression that it's just one really autistic anon samefagging the whole thing?
>>
>>32701402
That's right act tough til I start hitting you with scary words lol
>>
ITT virgins
>>
>>32701436
nigga, that's /vp/ in general
>>
>>32701434
>I have the best words

Ah, ok. You're a Trump tier retard then.
>>
>>32701466
Now I know you're a cuck, thanks ;)
>>
>>32701414
You misread my post. I was contrasting them.
>>
>>32701466
Still crying because Madam President didn't won?
>>
>>32701466
>hates walking pokemon and trump
like pottery
>>
>>32701484
Well I'll do something the other kid will never do and admit I was wrong mate, my bad
>>
>>32701479
Would certainly take one to know one.

only Amerifats would think insults would silence someone else.
>>
>>32701494
>you must be at least 18 to use this website

with grammar that awful you are no older than 16
>>
I'll pick them up only if the japanese version gets a sweet ass boxed release like RBY did
>>
>>32701505
Cheers, all good
>>
>>32700078
No, unless you have some serious nostalgia you need to work out. The games were great for their time, but you've been playing better shit for years, even if you want to deny is till you're blue in the face.
>>
>>32701518
Only a eutocuck would surround themselves in a cocoon of their own baseless opinions and attack anyone who contradicted them :) maybe a strayan
>>
>>32701572
>cocoon of their own baseless opinions and attack anyone who contradicted them
So which are you? Upsidedown Trash or Europoor because you are describing yourself there, friendo.
>>
>>32701494
>tfw Trumpers literally have nothing else to hold on to because their president sucks so bad
>>
File: 1479172251254.png (1MB, 1440x1060px) Image search: [Google]
1479172251254.png
1MB, 1440x1060px
>>32701585
happy to whip this one up again
>>
>>32701581
Whichever one is able to offer a defence of their position so the opposite of you, laddie
>>
OP here
Proud of what I have started
>>
>>32701621
Punctuation isn't your strong suit is it, mate?
>>
>>32701607
Has to resort to idiot college kid meme cause he voted for an incompetent reality television star

Loving
Every
Laugh
>>
>>32700078
It depends upon personal taste. Silver was my first version and I like the gen 2 versions for aesthetic reasons, there's just something about the colors and sprites that are charming, but I like HGSS equally as much since they improved upon other things.
>>
>>32701621
>yurops being able to defend anything
>>
>>32701607
>THE LIBZ R TAKING MY FREEH SPEESH REEEEEEEEE
>>
File: lyra laughing.png (282KB, 575x570px) Image search: [Google]
lyra laughing.png
282KB, 575x570px
>asshurt over kris being getting retconned for lyra turns into /vpol/
lyra is too good for you faggots
>>
>>32701663
Literally no one has mentioned either of them itt before you did, you retarded waifufag
>>
>>32701705
not an argument
>>
>>32701705
Anon, please be patient, you know he can't help it.
>>
>>32701723
not an argument
>>
>>32701663
I wonder if any of the anons is this one >>32697392
>>
>>32701731
glad to see we are on the same page
>>
>>32700078
I'm sad that the apricorn balls we get in this game to catch Pokemon won't carry their caught ball into Pokebank :(
>>
>>32701743
Did that happen with the VC RBGY?
>>
>>32701760
Yes. There is no code in RBY that remembers what ball you caught the pokemon in.

All Pokemon caught in RBY VC default to standard Pokeballs once transfered to Pokebank
>>
>>32701802
Wew, I hope they at least fix the shiny detector, otherwise so many people will be pissed come fall.
>>
>>32701802
I wish it was still like that
>>
File: lugia.jpg (4KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
lugia.jpg
4KB, 186x186px
i'm getting sliver. i have a ho-oh from omega ruby. ho-oh and lugia are on both gold and sliver, but i get lugia on sliver earlier and lugia is not on omega ruby.
>>
>>32700078

do yourself a favor and invest in a copy of Heart Gold/Soul Silver instead. it's original Gold and Silver, but not crap.
>>
HGSS butchers the OST.
>>
>>32700282
I'm not him, but personally I felt it was out of place because a) no one else in the region had their Pokemon out, and b) the sprites were in constant motion like an old rpg
>>
>>32700078
I still carry around my Pokewalker man. It's not like it gets you any useful creatures or anything, but...muh autism demands I have a pokebro with me.

Just ran back through again using the Red Gyarados as my main. I named him Communism.
>>>I've already run it like this.
>>>>Last one was Clifford.
>>
>>32700078
HGSS is pretty much a straight upgrade in most aspects, although I personally have a weak spot for the older game's visuals and music. If you're looking for a brand-new experience then it's not for you.
>>
>>32700078

>paying for roms
>>
>>32704631
>Communism
>not Red Menace
>>
>>32703971
>participate in an experiment
>wonder why no one else is doing this experimental thing
Are you seriously this retarded or did you just not read the dialogue?
>>
>>32704631
You managed to be the most autistic person in this thread, despite the literal shit show above. You don't seriously still use the pokewalker?
>>
>that direct trailer
milktank meme is real.
>>
>>32704963
>milktank
Thread posts: 153
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.