[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do peope on this board get triggered by "SUMO"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 1

>>
>>32699208
Because that's how it's always been with remakes? Lurk more.
>>
OmRuAlSa
>>
Because ORAS is an actual acronym. The others are memes.
>>
If they were called Omega Ruby and Omega Sapphire, they would be called ORS, as the second O is redundant. As is, that is the most efficient acronym.
>>
>diaper
>have to butcher the english language just to force a shitty joke
actually really funny
>>
>>32699208
Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire = ORAS. The first letters from each word you dumbass, that's why it's SM and not SuMo.
>>
>>32699208
Because ever since SM's hype season /vp/ has been getting more and more desperate to be triggered by and bitch about everything.
>>
Huh, what's USUM? it's a new meme?
>>
>>32699208
SUMO is only used by redditors because /r/pokemon decided "SM" was too suggestive. DIAPER is just shitposting against Sinnohfetuses. No idea about USUM. Meanwhile, ORAS is an actual acronym, and the natural extension of RS.
>>
>>32699208
>USUM
>not ULTRA SUMO
>>
>>32699224
Say the first syllables of "Diamond" and "Pearl" out loud.
>>
>>32699208
>SUMO
The initials are SM, no need for two letters.

>DIAPER
You just made it worse!

>USUM
This is objectively correct.

In conclusion, we only use the initials.
>>
>diapear
>>
I like USUM. Ultra Sun and Moon doesn't sound as good as Black and White 2
>>
>>32699210
Then why does USUM not fit the bill?
Stop trying to act smart when you're wasting time on redditchan's designated furry manchild board getting mad at something you acknowledge you shouldn't be mad about.
>>
>>32699349
USUM sounds stupid and it triggers my autism
>>
>>32699401
BW2 sets the precedent to drop repeated terms.
>>
>>32699208
Are you stupid? ORAS stands for Omega Ruby (and) Alpha Sapphire. There is one initial for each word sans the "and."
I don't have any trouble with "USUM" but Sun and Moon is just two letters, not four. DiaPer is just a shitpost created in response to "SuMo"
>>
sumo was created because a bunch of redditors thought they had the power to change the acronym because it offended them

surprise surprise, they couldn't. their sumo bullshit is a laughing stock and all other mangled syllable acronyms are just making fun of their retardation
>>
>>32699412
USUM is really all it could be. USM would also be acceptable, but USUM works better.
>>
>BW2
>USM
It's that simple
>>
Arceuschrist was worse
>>
>>32699208
>SUMO reddit retardation and incorrect.
>DIAPER
Same as above
>USUM
Is correct
>ORAS
Is correct.
It's Ultra Sun, and Ultra Moon. It's Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. It's not SUn and MOon. It's not DIAmond and PEaRl.
>>
>>32699689
Is it B2W2, anon?
>>
>>32699208
SuMo and DiaPer are the epitome of retardation.

SM, USUM and ORAS are objectively correct.
>>
>>32699689
It's Ultra Sun and Moon.
You don't need the second one.
>>
No one calls it USUM? It's USUUMO
>>
>>32699346
Dye pearl.
>>
>>32699349
t. SM
>>
>>32699435
B2W2 sounds better to be honest.
>>
>>32699401
>Then why does USUM not fit the bill?
Because both Sun and Moon have "Ultra" in front of them. You don't need to repeat it. But in ORAS' case, you have Omega in for Ruby and Alpha for Sapphire, so calling it ORS or ARS would be just wrong.
>>
>>32699208
Retard
Sage
>>
>>32699349
DiaPer is only said to mock the people who say SuMo.
>>
>>32699208
Because game are named after the first letter of each game name

- RBY
- GSC
- RS
- FRLG
- DPPt
- HGSS
- BW
- BW2
- XY
- ORAS
- SM

ORAS makes sense because it's Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire (notice the O, R, A and S)

SuMo doesn't make sense (Sun and Moon, so only S and M)

DiaPer make even less sense since Pearl has an A between the E and the R (and it's been called DPPt for like the past 10 years)

USUM makes sense and is totally fine, it's like HGSS and FRLG
>>
>>32699208
Is it...

Could it be a...!
>>
>>32699236
no new games Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
>>
Its SuMo and youre literally a falseflagging reddit tourist if you say otherwise. Ive been here since 2006 and have never gone to Reddit once in my life.
>>
>>32699858
No, it's Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Moon got an update too. Same as B2W2.
>>
>>32699222
Incorrect, fucker. It's not USM, it's not ORS, and it isn't BW2.
>>
>>32699214
Omuraisu
>>
If we say RBY, GSC, RAE, FRLG, DPP, HGSS, BW and XY L, that means we use the first letters only, also known as acronyms.

The problem is with the games that have the same word or character repeated, such as 2 or Ultra.

If we go by the acronym pattern, we would have to say B2W2, but the first 2 is obviously useless, since they're both 2, so we say BW2 and everyone is fine with it.

I would say the same applies to Ultra Soon and Ultra Moon. There's no need to say Ultra twice if we are going to mention both games. 99.9% of the time, the context would imply that it's both Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon, so using USM will be good enough.

For people that say SuMo instead of SM, I recommend suicide.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.