[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>No official source claims the games to be an "alternate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1490651256098.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490651256098.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>No official source claims the games to be an "alternate story"
>The Phrase "alternate story" doesn't even imply the game is in a whole new timeline
All of you guys are dipshits. Why are you guys so adamant that it's in another timeline?
>>
>>32699196
Because ever since ORAS the "deep lore" fans have become inteolerable.

It is just the third version. They've been doing this for decades. They're no more "alternate timelines" than Platinum.
>>
>>32699196
Skip to 6:21 and get BTFO

https://youtu.be/EMHLx8G1_G4
>>
>>32699241
Well fuck me then, but the second argument still applies.
>>
>>32699268
Who is saying it's in a whole new timeline?
>>
>>32699241
he never says alternate. the intern subbing it says alternate. alternate is a word that has its own connotations outside of what he said in Japanese

the essence of what he said is "a different story on the same stage"
>>
>>32699356
going to need evidence for that
>>
>>32699356

You seriously think that nobody more senior than an intern looked at this before it was broadcast?
>>
>>32699319
If you check any of the few dozen discussion threads, there's likely someone who claims there's a new timeline.
>>
>>32699369
the evidence is right there on the video so why don't you study Japanese to understand it

>>32699370
no, I seriously think they didn't consider that autists would take the word alternste and say "THAT MEANS ALTERNATE TIMELINES AND DIMENSIONS" because that's what they associate the word with

fucking english only cucks
>>
>>32699207
So I'm not a "deep lore" fan by any means. Most of that stuff is stupid. But they clearly WERE hinting at an "alternate timeline" with ORAS. Not in any serious way. We're never going to get a sci-fi game that jumps between timelines. It's less "lore" and more "easter egg," like "here's a half-baked explanation for how the remakes differ from the originals." Reading too much into it is stupid, but they have pretty clearly made nods in this direction.
>>
>>32699370
Well they did spell installment wrong.
That said the context it was said in it's far closer to alternate.
>>
>>32699442
>why don't you study Japanese to understand it
oh piss off
i'm not learning a new language to verify your bullshit claims. the burden of proof is on you, not me.
>>
>>32699452
I didn't say they hadn't. But as you said, it's more like a half-baked easter egg. People took it way too seriously and looked way to into it, and they've just gotten worse as time since then has passed.
>>
>>32699662
>People took it way too seriously and looked way to into it
You can blame SM for that. Ever since Anabel and actually being able to go to an alternate Alola they've been going into overdrive.
>>
Every version is canon in another timeline so of course it's another timeline

What exactly are people arguing about?
>>
>>32699806
Honestly, I sort of like the idea of ignoring this whole "alternate timeline" concept during the main game, then developing it bit by bit during the postgame, as they did in ORAS and SM. It's still less "deep lore" and more "easter egg," but it could be fun to have this ongoing storyline that's only perceptible and relevant to long-time fans.
>>
>>32699196
Well, your character does look kinda like the MC of SM, your character do lives in the same house that the MC of SM and his/her room is in the same room that the SM MC's room, so unless you're playing like 20 years in the future and your character is the child of SM's MC, it does seems like it's a retelling.

Though maybe like >>32699356 says, we may be getting it wrong like we did before with the ''IT ALL COMES TOGETHER!'' and ''Rockruff's secret that it shares with the starters''
>>
I hope they do the thing where a small event at the beginning of the game plays out just slightly differently and it sets off a domino effect that changes the entire story. That's cool.
>>
>>32700004
>Nebby fucking dies on the bridge
i'd play it
>>
>>32700000
Shiet
>>
File: 1493553381238.png (253KB, 584x515px) Image search: [Google]
1493553381238.png
253KB, 584x515px
>>32700024
>>
>>32700000
>so unless you're playing like 20 years in the future and your character is the child of SM's MC, it does seems like it's a retelling.
Of course it is. It's the Crystal/Emerald/Platinum of SM.
>>
Every third version is an alternate universe, so no shit.
>>
>>32700004
>You start the game
>Kukui greets you like in the original game and you set the appearance of your avatar and your name
>your avatar get off the computer like in the original game but now instead of having an open magazine on his desk he has a newspaper and it has something written about an incident in the Aether foundation
>Cut to a cinematic
>It's Lillie and she's running!
>Aether's employees are chasing after her!
>She's surrounded and has nowhere to run
>Her bag suddenly starts glowing
>Seeing this one of the employees panics and yells she has a bomb!
>Lillie gets shot and killed by one of the employees
>The camera points towards the sky and you see the Ultra sun/moon logo
>>
And no official sources called BW2 a sequel for months but anyone with half a brain knew it was one
>>
>>32699548
"bullshit claims"

youre already assuming I'm lying. why should I hold a pleb like you by the hand a
so you can understand a simple Japanese sentence about a japanese game that presumably you've been playing for decades?

I told you what he said. if I gave you any "evidence" it would have to be in a form someone who doesn't know any Japanese at all could understand. I imagine if I wrote it out for you and TDM you to machine translate it you'd either disregard it because machine translation is not reliable, or if you were lucky, the machine translation would split out a word that you can shoehorn into your muh alternate theory and make more retarded threads about it.

Just stay a selectively skeptic pleb and stay wrong and be btfo by further information when it comes
>>
>>32700004
>Professor Guzma and a Wimpod chill with you, and his assistant Plumeria
>You have to fight Team Skull Leader Kukui and Team Skull Admin Lillie
>>
>>32701599
Best possible outcome

Kukui in a ripped Skull Tank needs to be a thing
>>
File: IMG_3199.jpg (35KB, 440x570px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3199.jpg
35KB, 440x570px
>>32700000
ho fuck
>>
File: 1496762421985.png (548KB, 1072x1128px) Image search: [Google]
1496762421985.png
548KB, 1072x1128px
>Makes thread that is trying to say that third versions aren't alternate timelines, but rather a glorified retcon.
>Didn't realize sequelfags existed
>Didn't realize sequelfags would swoop in and shit up the thread.
I guess I'll die, then.
>>
>>32701790
just now i realize i rolled a quint
>>
underrated thread
>>
bump :^)
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.