[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this board feel about the direction of this franchise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
How does this board feel about the direction of this franchise?

I've honestly bought all the games until recent years. I've skipped 2 of 3 the last gens completely. I don't have any intentions of playing them. Maybe next gen.

There was a time where I said I'd play all of them until they stopped making them.
>>
>>32698160

In what way do you feel they're going in the wrong direction, if that's what you're saying? Can you tell us specifically what you don't like about recent games? Or is it that you're just tired of "more of the same," and are getting bored with the series regardless of the direction? No shame in that, if that's the case. It happens.
>>
>>32698160
I still plan on playing all of the games until I die or until they stop being made.
>>
>>32698208
they're completely casualized to a retarded degree and have a severe lack of content. if you cannot see this then you should honestly fuck off.
>>
>>32698208
Well there's a lot of things I just don't really care for anymore, but I'm more wondering how people felt after I saw some interesting reactions today among people I knew. It's not really one of those, convince me to play this game threads.
>>
I think the series is softening rather than progressing. I felt that with every game up to gen 4, they were taking big steps forwards. GSC added genders, breeding, time, hold items, etc. RSE revamped the IV/EV mechanics and added a graphical PC interface, abilities, natures. DPPt added the physical/special split and Wi-Fi trading/battling. BW(2) didn't really add a whole lot in terms of new things but it did have a lot of polish and was probably the last time a Pokemon game actually felt finished. Ever since gen 5 the games just don't seem to have many major changes. There are mega-evolutions and Z-moves but they don't really change how you play the single-player campaign and are mainly additions for competitive battling. And unlike gen 5, which was a polished experience, gen 6 and 7 reek of wasted potential and cut content.

Also I much prefered the story execution of the previous games. The older games felt like an adventure with your Pokemon. The region designs were more open rather than just being a straight path where you can either go forwards or backwards. Your progress through the region was blocked by natural obstacles rather than random NPCs who have little reason to be there. Stopping the evil team and meeting the legendary Pokemon was something that just happened to occur rather than being your main objective. The later gens just feel extremely railroaded in comparison. The game tells you where to go all the time and often blocks off any alternative paths that you might consider for no real reason other than to prevent kids from getting lost.

The only reason I still play Pokemon is because I own the consoles already for other games. The newer games aren't awful or a waste of time, but they're pretty underwhelming.
>>
>>32698293

Okay then. Well, personally, I am getting a bit bored of them, but not enough to stop playing yet. I wish that more recent games were along the lines of Gen V (B/W2 in particular) in terms of volume of content, but on the other hand I appreciate some of the innovations made recently, as well as the attempts at breaking away from some of the series' patterns. The recent games have been a bit disappointing in some ways, but successful in others, and a game doesn't have to be perfect for me to enjoy it.

Specific to today's announcement, I'm a bit skeptical that we needed another straight Alola game, but I'm willing to keep an open mind. It's been a long time since we've had a traditional "third version," and I think there's a pretty decent chance that they'll include both S/M's gameplay changes and content enhancements at the magnitude of B/W2. If not, I'll have to think carefully about whether to get the game. Regardless, I'd be surprised if I ultimately don't get Gen VIII, whenever that happens - as I said, I'm not so bored with the series that I'm not willing to put up with some formulaic aspects for some nostalgic fun.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.