[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We have to play a sub 20 fps game with a 240p resolution

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 12

File: 1465827537706.png (719KB, 728x720px) Image search: [Google]
1465827537706.png
719KB, 728x720px
>We have to play a sub 20 fps game with a 240p resolution and framedrops because kiddies cant afford a new console
>>
>>32693459
The Nintendo Bitch isn't a handheld.
Cry more.
>>
>not even trying anymore
kys famalam
>>
>>32693459
Just skip it mate, it's not like you will die if you don't play pokemon this holiday season
>>
File: here's your (you).png (864KB, 1280x720px)
here's your (you).png
864KB, 1280x720px
>Mainline Pokemon game on a home console
>>
>>32693494
How will little Timmy occupy himself if he doesn't have his yearly Pokeymans? Better cry about it everywhere since he wasted his allowance on a dead tablet.
>>
>>32693482
>Nintendo Switch is designed to go wherever you do, transforming from home console to portable system in a snap.

http://www.nintendo.com/switch/

Stop with this shit meme already.
>>
>>32693482
has speakers, a charger, a standby mode, hearphone slot, touch screen, internal battery and it's advertised as playing every game on the go and the dock is just a charging station with adapters for usb and hdmi.
>it's totally not a handheld guys
>>
>>32693558
>>32693567
>ABLOOBLOO WAAAAAAH GIVE ME POKÊMON
die
>>
>>32693558

It's a home console first and foremost.

That's why they're still making 3DS games and releasing a new 3DS model.
>>
>>32693856
But they released new GBA models after the DS came out.
>>
>>32693459
It's because they were waiting to see how successful the Switch was. There was a whole interview about it and the Switch has only been around for 3 months. It's not even patterns, it's about dev time.
>>
>finished SM 6 months ago
>somehow this is enough dev time for a game on a brand new console
retards everywhere
>>
BW were in development long before the 3DS came out.

BW eventually came out a few months after the 3DS. Just as USM are now.

They need time to get it ready for the other console.

But my thinking was that because SM are so unoptimised and feature-lacking and frame rate crappy, they might have written the games to function on both systems with poorer performance on the 3DS.
>>
>>32693459
thats wehat you get for playing a game for kiddies
>>
>>32693591
>abloobloo waaaaaaaaaaaah i want the switch to fail fuck new hardware
>>
File: latest-68.jpg (15KB, 635x414px)
latest-68.jpg
15KB, 635x414px
>>32694683
>ABLOOBLOO MOMMY, DADDY NINTENDO AND UNCLE GAME FREAK WON'T GIVE ME GAMES
>>
>>32693923
>release date is 1 year later
>somehow this is not enough dev time for a porting of a game on a brand new console
>>
Does no one remember when Black and White came out for the DS despite the 3DS already being released? This should surprise exactly nobody.

As far as whether or not the Nintendo Switch is a home console or a handheld, that's like asking if a laptop is a desktop or a phone. It's pretty definitively not either, but it can fill the role of both. You could argue semantics for either case, but it's pointless because you're better off just placing it in it's own category. Whether or not future Pokemon games come out on the Switch will be entirely determined by whether or not Nintendo announces a new handheld-only console.

If there's no new handheld console planned (discounting New Hyper 2DS ++ circlejerk bullshit), the next games will be on the switch.
We won't get DP remakes for the same reason we didn't get RS remakes after BW, GameFreak won't start a generation off with remakes, and they won't put games in this generation on a different console. So we'll get Gen 8 games for the Switch, and then Gen 4 remakes after that.

If there is a new handheld, it'll come out later, which will give GameFreak time to put more games on the 3DS, so we can expect Gen 4 remakes and maybe even Kanto remakes to stall until the new handheld can come out. Or we may even get Gen 8 on 3DS sometime soon after the next handheld is announced, but I'd be doubtful of that since obviously the 3DS hardware is struggling to keep up.

If I was a betting man, I'd say Gen 8 games for the Nintendo Switch early 2019. But if we see a new handheld-only console announced any time before 2018 this time next year, we'll gen Gen 4 Remakes for the 3DS holiday season of 2018.

Screencap this.
>>
>want a 1080p 60 fps on a turn based RPG for children
>>
>>32693591
>>32694724
You know what's funny?

I can snap and kill every mother fucker like you on this board if we met IRL.

Seriously, think about it. I'd have your windpipe crushed and your eyes gouged out before you would even know what's happening.

You guys talk big shit. Watch yourselves
>>
>>32694867
it's more like asking if it's a computer or a phone, and yeah it's a computer, just the same as a switch is a portable gameing system, it's literally just a better PS Vita, I don't understand why everyone is denying that it's a handheld when you can play on the go and the only thing the dock does is adding a hdmi port and 3 usb.
>>
>>32694898
can we settle at 720p 30fps?
>>
>>32694967
This is a stand-in response for "I can't outwit you, so I'll make empty threats." You'll probably be the type of guy who gets arrested for hitting his girlfriend.
>>
>>32694967
wow so edgy
>>
>>32694989
>I don't understand why everyone is denying that a laptop is a phone when you can make calls on it from anywhere and the only thing it adds is the ability to run computer software and a bigger screen.

The Switch absolutely can be used as a handheld, but it can also do a whole lot more, which is why it can also be used as a home console. A laptop can do everything a desktop can, but it can also do everything a phone can. It's a very fine semantic difference, but saying that the Switch can be used as a handheld is different from saying that the Switch IS a handheld, because it's clearly far-enough removed that it deserves its own category. It's not just a 3DS with a few new features, and it's not just a Wii U with a few new features, it's its own thing.

>>32694967
epic
>>
>>32695124
To clarify my point further, I don't have a huge problem with talking about the Switch as a handheld as a rule, but people are using "the Switch is a handheld" to mean "the Switch is confirmed as the 3DS's successor, and will not run in tandem with another handheld console.", which I think goes too far. I won't say that I firmly believe that that isn't the case, but I think we can't say that the existence of the Switch is proof that the 3DS won't receive further support, or that Nintendo won't reveal a new handheld console. In a case like 3DS vs DS, or DS vs Gameboy, I think it was more clear that the new handheld was meant to fully replace the old. Same goes for WiiU vs Wii, or Wii vs Gamecube, etc. When the Wii was revealed, we knew we weren't getting any more Gamecube games. But because the Switch is in its own category, because it's an odd hybrid between home console and handheld, I'm not so sure that we can predict whether or not it will replace the 3DS, and whether or not it will replace the WiiU. I think there's you can make a case for either argument, but we'll just have to wait and see.
>>
Does it matter?
Everyone is going to pirate this game anyway, just like with that last fire emblem game because no one wants to pay for 3DS games when they have a better alternative handheld now.
>>
>>32695348
The only other handheld is the Vita, the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>32695372
If the new Pokemon was on the Vita it would be better than this.
>>
>time between Game Boy release date and Pokemon RG: 2501 days
>time between Game Boy Color release date and GS: 396 days
>time between GBA release date and Pokemon RS: 610 days
>time between DS release date and Pokemon DP: 676 days
>time between 3DS release date and Pokemon XY: 959 days
>time between 3DS release date and Pokemon BW2: -483 days
>time between DS release date and US launch of Emerald: -161 days

If I were betting I'd bet fall of 2019 Gen 8 on Switch.
>>
>>32695315
I don't know if you actually have one but mostly everyone I know that do agrees when I say that the dock is completely worthless and the console is just a bulkier ps Vita that you can attach to your screen.
This thing is already old by home console standard but it's brand new by handheld's and that's why I think it's stupid to believe that if nintendo actually decides to create another console it would be a home console instead of an handheld.
What I think will happens is that nintendo is gonna sell a Switch lite with a smaller screen and no dock and sell that as their new handheld, even if the thing will have the same exact specs as a standard switch.
>>
>>32695431
After 4 rushed games they need to take their time.
>>
>>32695315
I think the Switch is the 3DS's successor and intended to be the next handheld, but because Nintendo will only have one system going forwards they're doing the Sony strat of letting their older system gracefully slow to a stop instead of hard cutting like they did with all of their other consoles. It makes sense too; with all of their eggs in one basket a hard cut means you have no safety net to fall back on.
>>
>>32694898
I'd settle for 480p and 30 fps, but apparently that's too much for GameFreak to handle.
>>
>>32693459
>50 cents have been deposited in your account
>>
>>32695492
The difference is Sony can support their old and new systems, Nintendo is doing this pick one or the other aproach forcing people to choose things like, get a mainline pokemon or a weird fighting game.
If you want to support both put games on both.
>>
>>32695492
>>32695444
I definitely don't disagree but I wouldn't feel confident about any real guesses. I could definitely see them releasing a "Switch Lite" that would more firmly supplant the 3DS, and releasing another home console, but I could also see them letting the Switch ride for a few years and then releasing a home console/handheld pair that are meant to interact, like GBA/Gamecube.
>>
>>32693459
You're insanely retarded if you ever thought there was going to be a main line Pokémon game either in 2017 or in 2018.
>>
>>32695543
>What are Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
>>
>>32695543
fuck, i meant on the Switch.
i have to leave this thread
>>
>>32693591
Literally (You) when gen 8 releases on the Switch
>>
File: PCMR.jpg (364KB, 711x878px)
PCMR.jpg
364KB, 711x878px
>>32693459
>>
>>32695579
Yes, in a year or more. And you'll be crying until then, so I have plenty of time to enjoy myself.
>>
>>32695431
I'm betting fall 2018
>>
>>32695595
why would I be crying? It's not like I don't have a 3ds, it's not like I wouldn't be able to play if I want to, I just probably won't because playing a game in 240p 20fps in 2017 is just not worth it to me when I can play pretty much everything that comes out in the next 6 month for any HD console of my choosing, many of which will actually be better than this one.
>>
>>32695534
I think a New Switch Lite 2D XL that is a switch in handheld only mode all the time with the joycons fused to the side is a safe bet; especially if they can get the price down enough that parents would buy it for [young] children. That said I still think both will take the same switch cartridges.
>>
>>32693459
>sub 20fps and framedrops

That's on the developers. There is literally no excuse for a fixed-hardware platform to not have optimized (as "optimized" as you can call the lofty heights of 30fps, anyway) performance. The 3DS is anemic shit, yes, but it is KNOWN anemic shit, and they're not even on their first project for the system anymore. Professional incompetence hard at work.

>>32694898
>implying Pokemon is so demanding that this isn't feasible

Kek.

>not WANTING nice things and settling for good, rather than both wanting and settling for shit

I mean I guess with the latter you get exactly what you wanted, but what you wanted was shit so you really shouldn't have wanted it to begin with so you're still wrong.
>>
>>32693459

It's not like said kiddies would be able to find said new console in stock right now anyway.
>>
>>32693482
>>32693516
Can you play the console in your hands? Then it's a handheld. I don't get how anybody could be this retarded.
>>
>>32695882
Yes, but it can also be used as a home console, and it's not a direct successor to the 3DS. Things aren't as simple as you're making them out to be.
>>
>>32693459
It's more because kiddies can't wait even a fucking year anymore.
>>
>>32695901
I use my 3DS as a home console.
>>
File: da fuck.jpg (111KB, 750x736px)
da fuck.jpg
111KB, 750x736px
>>32694967
>>
>>32695930
Then you don't know what the term means.
>>
>>32695976
I hook it up to my PC so I can play it on a big screen.
>>
>>32695901
>right now there are games on the switch you can't play on your tv
>there are no games you can't play on portable mode and the framerate is always more stable when on portable
just give it up, you 3ds successor deniers are pathetic
>>
>>32695901
Yes, that's why it's considered BOTH a home console and a handheld. If you have your switch docked and connected to your TV, then it's a home console. If you take it out of the dock and attach the joy-cons on the side, then it's a handheld. The Switch has already been shown to be a successor to the Wii U, but the only reason why it hasn't fully replaced the 3DS yet is because, unlike the Wii U, the 3DS is doing reasonably well this generation. The 3DS and DS didn't fully replace their predecessors until a year or two after their launches, and it's probably going to take until late 2018 - late 2019 for the Switch completely replace the 3DS.
>>
>>32695882
So the Wii U is a handheld now?
>>
>>32693459
Good thing citra runs well on my PC
>>
>>32693459
Fucking poorfags REEEE
>>
>>32696045
it would be if the gamepad was the core system, but it needs the actual system to work with it. the switch's handheld is the actual system unlike the wii u
>>
File: 1464303912823.gif (2MB, 740x600px)
1464303912823.gif
2MB, 740x600px
>>32694967
>You guys talk big shit. Watch yourselves
>>
>>32695901
>it also plugs into the TV, therefore it's a home console

Holy shit, I had no idea my PSP was also a home console!
>>
>>32693516
So do you want Nintendo to make every new Pokemon game on an outdated console with garbage hardware?
>>
>>32696334
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>32696492
I want them to make it on a handheld console, not a tablet.
>>
>>32696011
>>32696020
What you guys say makes sense, but you can't predict the future, sorry.
>>
File: 1478574554617.jpg (9KB, 299x293px)
1478574554617.jpg
9KB, 299x293px
>>32694967
>>
no one was bitching when we got games on the ds instead of the wii and wii u. why is it only a problem now?
>>
>>32693525
>Manchild who will probably stand in line to spend $40 for dlc of a kids game acting all high and mighty

Wew lad
>>
>>32693459
More like because Kiddies can't fucking BUY the new console. Where the fuck do you see it being sold, faggot? I want one but can't be assed enough to take a day off work to drive up to fucking NY to be there at 8 AM just to have a chance to be one of the first lucky 4 people to get one (all of which are just going to flip around and scalp that shit online for an easy $100 profit).

I refuse to buy from scalpers out of principle, not because I couldn't afford. Fuck scalpers.

Pic related. I just dropped $140 on this fucking purse earlier today. That's $140 I could have spent on Switch games - if I owned one.
>>
>>32697938
The DS is capable of running its Pokémon games without dropping to 5 fps, and the Wii/Wii U aren't portable consoles.
>>
>he actually thought they were going to remake the main character stiff animations for >720p play
>he actually thought they were going to revamp the overworld to fit the new resolution

anon, PLEASE
>>
>>32698000
Also purchased this today for $155, which could have been spent on a Switch, if I could fucking get my hands on one. Both of these purchases were just "eh whatever" impulse buys without a second thought. If there was a Switch readily available, it'd be a "oh sure whatever" buy without a fucking second thought.

Yes I mad.
>>
>>32693459
>because kiddies cant afford a new console
Umm, no sweetie. It's not on the switch because GameFreak can't handle something outside their confort zone.
>>
>>32694967
saving this
>>
File: 1450213622152.png (108KB, 485x500px)
1450213622152.png
108KB, 485x500px
>>32698099
>>32698000
>Homura purse
>Saber glasses
>Both powerlevel hiding enough to pass as normie accessories
>Thirst so hard for a fucking Nintendo toddler toy that you yell online about it
>Posts on /vp/
>Trips followed by dubs

Holy mother of fujo, are you single?
>>
>>32694967
This has to be copypasta
>>
Only shifty if you don't have a new 3ds or soon to be new 2ds
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.