[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else just... really not fucking care? Pokemon S/M

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (18KB, 318x159px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
18KB, 318x159px
Does anyone else just... really not fucking care?

Pokemon S/M weren't bad games or anything, but they're definitely not my favorite. And now they're redoing the same game, only a year later, still on the 3DS and all. And this is after OR/AS, which were complete shit.

(Which also makes this the third "sunny tropical region" game in a row (Hoenn, Alola, now Alola again.))

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I think I'm finally going to end up skipping a mainline Pokemon game. I just really don't fucking want another Sun and Moon.
>>
>>32692923
>SM
>Better than ORAS
Nice bait.
>>
The 3rd version of first set of new gen games always sell 50-65% less than the original games

Your not gonna be the only person skipping them.

It's really just stop cap game. Glorified dlc. So completely understandable.

Some people don't wanna repeat same story
>>
Swear to god, I haven't really enjoyed a Pokemon game since BW2, and SM disappointed me more than ever. Now that they're retreading SM only a year later, USM will have to be REALLY impressive to get me back on board.
>>
>>32692967

>OR/AS
>Better than ANY Pokemon game newer than the original Ruby and Sapphire
>>
>>32692923
It's called padding OP. Nintendo pressures GF for yearly releases, and completely new games have a dev cycle of 3-4 years so they release third versions and remakes to fill the gap.
>>
>>32692923
they'd have to introduce a lot of new areas, which doesn't seem likely because the islands are full of the most possible content and it's a small amount
Black 2 and White 2 had the strength of a full map
I'm just glad this is the last Pokemon game on an SD console I can dream the next gen will go to the Switch and Game Freak won't struggle with HD as much as they did with 3D
Sun and Moon feel complete, gameplay-wise as there's nothing more you can do with what they've given us, but it's unfinished story-wise with Zygarde having zero story whatsoever, except "he's here for a reason! We just won't find out!" the post-game was just shoehorned in story, just like X and Y, instead of actual gameplay content and exploration that's fun and Game Freak has went the way of the Naughty Dog, where they're trying to tell a story instead of adding actual content, sadly
we haven't seen all of the changes it'll have to the originals yet though, so I'm cautiously optimistic
I would have preferred them making Red and Green sequels, set 25 years later or a game with more than one region on the Switch, but even I knew that wasn't going to happen
>>
>>32692923
I feel like, whilst SM were disappointing, they're pretty much a perfect version of themselves.

I feel like they can't really add anything that isn't completely fucking stupid (*Glances at that stupid clock-like Z-Crystal*)

Maybe gyms and a few Alola mons, what else?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.