[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So was the whole "Stars" leak fake after all, or is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

So was the whole "Stars" leak fake after all, or is there some evidence that Stars is the codename for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Where did Rainbow even come from back in the day?
>>
of course it's fake, the rumor specifically said it's a Switch game
>>
Stars has been leaked as a third version on Switch
Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon are "alternate stories" on 3DS
It's fake
fuck off
>>
File: ClzHcwzWEAACHCZ.jpg (150KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ClzHcwzWEAACHCZ.jpg
150KB, 900x1200px
>>32690031
>So was the whole "Stars" leak fake after all, or is there some evidence that Stars is the codename for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?
No. The leak said it was a port of Sun and Moon for the Switch. Its confirmed not to be. This was your source
>>
>>32690031
Niji was the codename for Sun/Moon, but some bozo on Kotaku published an article the day before the announcement about how it was going to be an omnibus Kanto+Johto+Hoenn+Sinnoh game and everyone fucking bought it
(Translator's note: niji means rainbow)
>>
>>32690031
All leaks should be assumed fake unless explicitly shown to be true. Saying stuff like "oh, well it was just a codename" or "they planned to make that originally, but then they changed into what we got" is just damage control.
>>
So was Codename Rainbow fake and unofficial too?
I just want sources, i don't care if the codenames are fake or not.
>>
>>32690031
"Rainbow" was the codename for Sun and Moon.
"Stars" was rumoured to be the codename for another Alola game, of which we ended up actually getting. And judging by the new logos, the new catchphrase and the official website's new background, I'd say "Stars" is extremely likely to have actually been the codename for Ultra-SM.
>>
>>32690121
>Saying stuff like "oh, well it was just a codename"
The original leak said it was a codename, so no, it's not damage control.

>>32690164
I don't have a source on-hand for the Niji ("Rainbow") codename leak, but it is true. Sun and Moon are internally referred to as Niji.
>>
File: 1483857204925.gif (1MB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1483857204925.gif
1MB, 200x195px
>>32690248
>I'd say "Stars" is extremely likely to have actually been the codename for Ultra-SM
>a code name for a Switch game that's actually a 3DS game, so it technically was real!
>>
>>32690099
Tranny wasn't the one who posted the rumour. It was someone from Eurogamer.
>>
>>Everyone
We can literally check and confirm this once the games are out. If Sun and Moon are referred to as Niji (which means Rainbow) in their code, then if Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon are called Stars (or the Japanese word for it) in their code, then the leak was true.
>>
>>32690300
>The original leak said it was a codename, so no, it's not damage control.
It also said it was a Switch game, so yes, it is damage control to the max
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version
>>
>>32690331
I never mentioned the Switch you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1484931445303.jpg (2MB, 3934x4091px) Image search: [Google]
1484931445303.jpg
2MB, 3934x4091px
>>32690345
Where do you think their sources came from?
>>
>>32690389
But the codename WAS for a Switch game
See >>32690371 you fucking autist
>>
>>32690121
That reminds me of the Smash Bros. Gematsu leak.
>>
>>32690371
Did the the original leaker actually say it was for the Switch, or was that just some bullshit Eurogamer made up based on assumptions and other "leaks"? If we can't say for sure, then we can't say for sure if the "Stars codename" leak was right or wrong. Or at least I won't until the games come out and we can check their code.
>>
>>32690031
It's just a codename even if it did turn out to be real it wouldn't have been called stars
>>
>>32690362
This is what i wanted to know, thanks.
So i guess we still have to wait.
>>
>>32690031
>There's no grey version
>Kyurem gets 2 games
>There's no stars version
>Negrozma gets 2 games
>There's no z version
>Zygarde is an afterthought
Why is Zygarde so much of a cuck?
>>
>>32690345
Nope, tranny admitted he worked on the same rumor.
>>
>>32690031
>is stars fake????
Yes. Stop speculating, it's obviously fake.
>>
>>32690099
is that Arin Hanson?
>>
>>32690607
he got a pretty nice runner up prize in the best move in the franchise, though
>>
>>32690031
Pokemon can register those names for any occasion and eventual non guaranteed use.
Just a precaution.

Also Gen 3 had both third titles and remakes, Gen 6 could still leave at least a whole new sequel or remake for another region perhaps.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.