[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>not a remake >not even a sequel >just "what if"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: .png (1MB, 1621x332px) Image search: [Google]
.png
1MB, 1621x332px
>not a remake
>not even a sequel
>just "what if" add-on sold as a full game

Oh boy, I can't wait for yearly rehashes with "alternate stories".
>>
why the fuck would you want a remake

it would be literally another rehash yet STILL with no post-game just like ORAS.
>>
Did you not enjoy emerald, platinum, Crystal anon? Because I did
>>
>>32686371
>r*ddit/neo /vp/ will defend this
WEW
E
W
>>
>>32686371
You say yearly rehash like that's new.
>>
Did you start Pokemon with Gen V, because this used to happen all the time
>>
>implying anyone pays for 3ds games anymore
>>
>>32686371
Did you also complain about Yellow, Emerald, and Platinum?
>>
>>32686371
>XY were bad
>no third version that added content and made them better because ORAS was released instead
>ORAS also has no content because they had to make the hoenn region assets and what not in 3D.

>Sun Moon have lacking postgame content
>Third Version type game comes out
>Since region is already made, literally all the dev time can go into actually adding a decent amount of stuff to do like Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 did.
>>
>>32686371
I'm really mad. I didn't enjoy Sun that much anyway.
>>
>>32686371
I know, glad they never made that exact same move in gen 1, 2, 3 or 4, and I'm sure glad people didn't get pissy when they chose not to make that move in gen 6.
>>
>this board is so underage they don't even know about third versions
wew lad
>>
>>32686371
They have gpne atlus on us, they do this all the time, wheb persona 5 maniax/golden will be announced?
>>
>>32686460
and i'm glad Gen V improved on that, though it was all for nothing it seems
>>
File: 250px-Emerald_EN_boxart.jpg (114KB, 250x778px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Emerald_EN_boxart.jpg
114KB, 250x778px
>not a remake
>not even a sequel
>just "what if" add-on sold as a full game
>>
>>32686506
If it's anything short of full region of postgame Kanto with a battle frontier, people will bitch though.
>>
>>32686371
REMINDER THAT THIS IS ALL STORYFAGS CARE ABOUT

POKEMON IS A MOVIE SERIES NOW
>>
I don't want to go back to SM. Alola was boring as shit and i was hoping its going to be something different.

Another year of nothing.
>>
>>32686506
>Since region is already made, literally all the dev time can go into actually adding a decent amount of stuff to do like Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 did.
Shit that won't happen
>>
>>32686600
Sucks to be you, then.
>>
>>32686506
/thread
>>
>>32686506
This, I'm actually hyped.
>>
>>32686568
Sure but at this point i'd take Kanto remake than going back to shithole that is Alola. It was fine as one time gimmick, it's nothing that anybody would want to visit twice.
>>
>>32686371
>"what if"
>Not wanting a Flashpoint Paradox episode of Pokemon

ok.
>>
>>32686371
It'd be something else if the games were exactly the same up until the end where Necrozma shows up.
At that point my disappointment would transcend into amusement.
>>
>>32686789
Sure, lets make the same game again and again once a year, thats going to move this series forward.
>>
God you people are so delusional and retarded.

This is EXACTLY what crystal, emerald and platinum are. There is NO REASON to complain if you enjoyed any of those.
>>
>>32686921
BUT I DIDNT FUCKING ENJOY SUN AND MOON

I mean I enjoyed it for what it is but going back again? No fucking way
>>
>>32686612
reminder that only 1/3 remakes has a good postgame. Meanwhile every single third version/sequel released thus far has had a good postgame.
>>
>>32686921
Maybe just because they worded it differently. That's what's alienating dumbfags.
But what I really care about is: are these new games have a gym challenge or are they gonna be a piece of shit like SM?
>>
>>32686460
I feel most people here either started on gen 6 or are complete retards. Gen 6 had a new type, alternate forms, and a statement about different dimensions, none of which were firsts, yet people got mad at them like if.l it was the first time.
>>
Travel to the Alola region again, but this time in the Ultra Universe. It's the exact same story except there are more Alola forms than just Kantomon, Ultra Beasts are just regular Pokemon, and there are more mega stones and z crystals.

Starring: Lillie, the main character, Gladion, Professor Kukui, Lusamine, Guzma, and Hau
Featuring: Z-powered Lillie, Obligatory Looker Cameo, Obligatory Cynthia Cameo, and 8 signs that read "Pokemon Gym Coming Soon."
With Appearances By: Lillie, a Fifth Island that serves as watered-down post-game
>>
>>32686921
>This is EXACTLY what crystal, emerald and platinum are
It is not. Every non-third mainline titles were their own game with the third version expanding on them.

Sun and Moon were botched and sold early on purpose in order to trick normies at the height of it's revival.
>>
>>32687007
dont tell me you ENJOYED diamond and pearl more than sun and moon. platinum fixed them
>>
>>32686371
Color me ignorant. Who said these aren't sequels but 3rd versions?
>>
>>32687293
Junichi Masuda
>>
>>32687007
But you enjoyed RS or DP?
>>
>>32687364
RS and DP aren't as terrible as SM
>>
>>32687115
The lack of Gyms was NOT SM's problem. Doesn't even list in the top 20.
>>
>>32687429
DP was worse than SM
>>
>>32686740
>Regions are gimmicks now
>>
>>32686740
bitch I'll take Alola over Kanto any day
>>
>>32687007
>he enjoyed Diamond and Pearl more than Platinum
come on man

did you REALLY enjoy the whole 2 Fire type families in the game
>>
>>32687429
did you not play DP? They were outrageously bad, rivaling Red and Green as worst games - but RG are here 'cause they're a programming mess, DP because they're just bad
and I say this as someone who's favourite game is Platinum
>>
>>32687282
>He legit believes this
They've been gutting games since Gen 3
>>
File: lillie01.png (574KB, 764x443px) Image search: [Google]
lillie01.png
574KB, 764x443px
Maybe it's only me being positive, but I feel like we'll go to Kanto this time. It was hinted so much on SM, that I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did now in the post game. That's why I'm not that disappointed.
>>
>>32686371
Hello underage, welcome to Pokemon before gen 5, enjoy your stay
>>
>>32686506
This, we're finally, FINALLY getting a game with decent postgame for once

Cant wait till all /v/ crossborders fuck off back to their board and we can discuss the game in peace
>>
>>32686371
>"what if" add-on
We saw only a few seconds of the game. Anyone unironically upset over these games before we even get any actual details need to just kill themselves at this point. I'm shocked you people even know how to breathe.
>>
>>32687812
>now
>>
>>32688321
>This, we're finally, FINALLY getting a game with decent postgame for once

pfff HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>32688134
I was somewhat surprised that they didn't remake the leaf green and fire red remakes after ORAS. Feels like a GF thing to do, especially with the whole anniversary of Pokemon generating enough hype under the older fans for it to sell. Luckily they aren't that lazy (yet)
>>
>>32687252
why do people post their shitty fanfics here
>>
>>32689244
>remake a remake
that'd be the fucking death knell of the franchise for sure
>>
>>32686371
Who knows how far the "What If?" entails

What if Anabel isn't a faller in this version?
What if Gladion never left his mother behind in this version?
What if Lusamine was obsessed with the box legendaries rather than Nihilego in this version?
What if the timeline span got a complete reset in this version?
What if Guzma wasn't a failure in this version and Kukui was?

We don't know how much or how little has actually changed. Modern GameFreak sure as fuck doesn't inspire confidence and the game's release being fairly soon probably indicates minor changes at best.
>>
>>32689382
It would be stupid, but I can see them trying. Enough has changed that they could sell it as a new game. 3D models would be a big draw for the casual, while the physical/special split, infinite TMs and no HMs would change the game enough to play differently than the remakes. With how fast new features get added to the mainline games, GF could have decided the changes were enough combined with the nostalgia to do it
>>
File: 1496197498252.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1496197498252.png
84KB, 300x325px
>TFW Nebby is being eaten alive by Necrozma
>>
>>32686371
So you got insider info?
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.