[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Alternate Storyline Are we seriously doing that alternate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1496758090575.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1496758090575.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>Alternate Storyline
Are we seriously doing that alternate dimension shit again?
>>
>>32685747
>Are the Gen 7 sequels really doing Gen 7's gimmick again
No shit
>>
I can't tell if they literally mean alternate version of SM's story, if it's just a weird way of saying sequels. Gamefreak is always obtuse in describing things.
>>
When did they say it was an alternate storyline?

How do we know it isnt an emerald/platinum/crystal deal?
>>
THE IMPORTANT QUESTION IS WHOS DIRECTING IT?
IF ITS OHMORI, THEN PANIC!!!!
>>
>>32686037
because translator said so!
where do you think you are? this board overreacts and jumps the gun so much it's absurd
>>
>>32686037
The words literally came out of his fucking mouth

>UltraGame

BOY GOLLY GEE I WONDER WHERE THEY GOT THAT PREFIXES WITH COSMOG AND NECROZMA AND THE ULTRA BEASTS
>>
>>32685839
This. I'm waiting for more info before speculating.
For example, HGSS were "thrilling new adventures".
>>
>>32685747
We could travel to the opposite versions universe in SM,this might end up relating to that. Maybe our character is a faller in the new game or a new dimension was created when we make the cosmog baby
>>
>>32686037
they said so in the trailer. IIRC they said the word alternate at least
>>
so the gyms will be on Alola in this version, right?
>>
>>32686294
It doesn't seem to be an actual sequel though. Gyms would imply time has passed since sun and moon.
>>
>>32686219
Trailer doesnt say anything, was it the direct?
>>
"alternate storyline". As in, it's not just a direct remake/rehash of the same story again. Maybe it's a few years later and the league & gyms have been set up now.
>>
>>32686798
Anon, you described a sequel. Alternate means it cant happen at the same time as the other one or is an unrelated spinoff.
>>
>>32686995
this
>>
>>32685747
Better than a sequel set x years later

>>32686037
That's exactly what an alternate storyline is though, look at the whole rayquaza deal that wasn't in the rs for example
>>
>>32685747
Watched the Japanese direct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-7UhyI7sU0

Masuda calls it "another story set in the world of Sun/Moon" (Sun/Moon no sekai no butai toshita mou hitotsu no monogatari). "Another story" sounds more like it's a sequel like B2W2, more than "alternate story" like the English speaker phrased it does.
>>
>>32687357
yes, one can hope
>>
>>32687330
>That's exactly what an alternate storyline is though
Huh? What do you think a sequel is then?

>look at the whole rayquaza deal that wasn't in the rs for example
You mean emerald? That's an alternate to rs, but doesnt happen a few years after rs.
>>
>What do you think a sequel is then?
A chronological sequel, like bw2

>You mean emerald? That's an alternate to rs
Exactly. It's an alternate storyline, one where rayquaza intervened.

>but doesnt happen a few years after rs
I never said it did?

All I'm saying is that I prefer this kind of deal than a third game a la bw2
>>
>>32687881
Shit I forgot to quote >>32687545
I need sleep
>>
>alternate dimension of an alternate dimension

now they're memeing us
>>
>>32687357
>sequel
It's already confirmed not a sequel, anyway did you even look at the footage? It's just a 3rd version except they are jewing with two.
>>
>>32687924
Sorry, I was thinking you were replying to >>32686798 instead of to >>32686037, I guess I also need some sleep. Sorry for the confusion, yu're right.
>>
>>32688020
Alternate dimension != alternate story

And sun and moon werent alternative anything.
>>
>>32688430
megaverse
>>
I'm pretty sure the story will be centered on the other dimension where we get our second Nebby, a dimension where Lilly never saved Nebby and its up to the protagonist to make things right. Maybe we get to see evil Lilly as the antagonist?
>>
You guys realize that Crystal was an alternate storyline of GS, Emerald an alternate storyline of RP and Platinum an alternate storyline of DP, right?
>>
>>32688467
>>32688467
Stop. You have no clue how to use the proper wording.
>>
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-ultra-sun-and-pokemon-ultra-moon/

It's just a third version you stupid fucks:

>Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon have been powered up with new additions to the story and features of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon! These titles are coming to the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on November 17, 2017.
>>
More Zinnia?
>>
>>32688578
>expecting more than a tenth of /vp/ to remember anything before BW
>>
>>32688578
>arceus
>fairy
>megas
>delta episode

There's precedent of the pokemon fanbase unlearning things.
>>
>>32688578
That's the problem here. I thought they were done with that "improved version" shit, and here they go invalidating a game that's still very new
>>
>>32688847
A game that, while it is in fact new, has absolutely nothing going for it to make people want to keep playing due to a lack of postgame, and online is a shithole.
>>
File: bugs.png (538KB, 800x1600px) Image search: [Google]
bugs.png
538KB, 800x1600px
it will be the exact same game, with a slightly different storyline and annoying cutscenes, and there will be 2 new legendary pokemon (who are just fusions of the last box art legendaries).

thats it. if you are expecting anything more you are a retard and have no idea how neo-gamefreak functions
>>
>>32688847
Still better than leaving Alola to rot like Kalos did
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.