[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Continued from >>32672690 http://www.nintendo.com/nin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 39

File: Untitled.png (132KB, 976x456px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
132KB, 976x456px
Continued from >>32672690

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/06-06-2017/

WHAT DO YOU WANT?
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
>>
Anything but DP remakes, preferably Alola w/ Kanto postgame.
>>
Marshadow
>>
>want
Something on the Switch
>Expect
Something on the Switch
Mobile trash
>Please no
Anything on the 3DS
A bad port of S/M for the Switch

The old thread is full of babies complaining about the Switch. I'm tired of being held back by 244p 3DS garbage from 2011, let's have some new stuff please
>>
>>32677395
>244p
It's 240p dumbass
>>
>>32677395
>Something on the Switch

Why the fuck would you want something on the Switch? I finished Zelda and the thing has been collecting dust because it took so damn long.

Pokemon belongs on a handheld, not something I can't take more than a few miles from my house. Until they make this thing work as they claimed it does i'd rather be held back by 244p than be stuck at home to play Pokemon.
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Revisit any of the older regions.

>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
New Alola game

>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
New Alola game. Fuck that region and everything about it.
>>
>want
Sinnoh
More cross gen evolutions.
>expect
Alola
More regional variants/Z moves
>dread
A Kanto remake. A sequel wouldn't be that bad I guess.
>>
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Something 3DS, especially a D/P remake. If they must be remade, they need remade on a system with two screens.
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Something Switch.
WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
D/P remakes on the Switch.

Seriously I even own a Switch but that would be horrible.
>>
>Hopes
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon with Ultra Beasts on the Switch. The Ultra Beasts could even straight-up invade the world of Pokemon, instead of having a handful pop through.
Make the world fully explorable, and you have to find new dungeons. No traveling straight to any dungeon from a hub town. Have Ultra Space be a whole other world that you can also explore.

Alternatively, have the protagonist be somebody who has never heard of Ultra Beasts or Ultra Space, but they wake up in Ultra Space as one.
>Expectations
Pokemon Stars. I'd be okay with it if it's a third version, and very disappointed if it's just a port. Sequels would be a pleasant surprise.
>>
>>32677416
>Pokemon belongs on a handheld
The Switch is a handheld

>has been collecting dust
Then why wouldn't you want a new game for it?
>>
File: 1471959786155.png (72KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1471959786155.png
72KB, 570x570px
So what time is the direct happening where you are? Are you going to watch it live?

I'm gonna have to wake up at 4:00 AM
>>
pokemon theta emerald would be pretty cool
>>
>>32677474
I agree, it would be cool to see more of the worst region in the franchise just to see how shitty Gamefreak can get after Cutscenes: The Experience
>>
>>32677456
>The Switch is a handheld
No it's not. Barely fits in even larger pockets, price range of a home console(with none of the perks of a handheld), and 80 dollars to replace the things you *have* to take off to force it into your pocket.
We could get on the issue of battery life but I'm sure we both know how shit that is.

>Then why wouldn't you want a new game for it?
It doesn't collect dust because it has no games, it collects dust because I prefer handhelds and am often away on business. The 3DS is just better as a handheld. I'd take inferior graphics for the game to be portable.
>>
>>32677458
10 AM. I'll be at work. The soonest I can watch it is when I have lunch at noon.
>>
>>32677297
Pokémon Z
>>
>>32677297
>want
Nintendo announcing that they obtained the last 33% of the rights from Gamefreak and Gamefreak fucking dies while Nintendo puts other company(s) in charge of the development of the mainseries titles.
>expecting
stars, Diaper, GSC virtual console
>dread
Mobage or the equivalent of nothing. Kanto Reimagining,
>>
>>32677297
>want really badly
DP remakes for NSW & 3DS
>expecting
SM sequel for 3DS and possibly NSW
>killing myself if
genwun remake
mobile shit only

They could talk about multiple games like the Fire Emblem direct.
>>
>>32677297
>Want
D/P remake or Kanto remake
Gold/Silver on VC

>Expect
Something related to Alola

>Please no
Something related to Alola
Shitty mobile or spin-off game
>>
I'd like to see a few new Alolan forms desu
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
The Fire Emblem Awakening equivalent of Pokemon mainline titles in terms of cameos/redesigns.

>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Sun 2/Moon 2
or
A retconned prequel story that shifts Sinnoh to a different point in the timeline.

>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
Going back to Kanto.
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
A main series game

>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Pokken for switch
GSC on the 3DS eshop

>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
More Kanto garbage
>>
Pokemon Red & Blue remake for the Nintendo Switch. You walk around in a Legend of Zelda wind waker style open-world environment trying to catch all 151 Pokemon.
>>
>>32677564
>still doesn't know the word filters
It'd be okay if you put desu on purpose but I know you didn't desu.
>>
File: sword_arm.png (191KB, 335x599px) Image search: [Google]
sword_arm.png
191KB, 335x599px
>>32677577
>Fire Emblem Awakening equivalent

So you want them to reveal the worst Pokemon game?
>>
>>32677297
>What I want

Anything expect kanto remakes. I would love to have a game with kanto being a part of it though.

Seeing how Monster Hunter can utilize both the 3ds and the switch, I hope pokemon does the same.

>What do you expect

Kanto remakes on 3ds. Nothing switch related

>What do you dread

Pokemon go update
>>
>>32677605
never post this picture again
>>
>>32677416
>until they make this thing work as they claimed it does
What? The Switch works perfectly as advertised.
>>
>>32677598
desu I do know about them senpai
>>
File: 1496550602483.jpg (93KB, 889x773px) Image search: [Google]
1496550602483.jpg
93KB, 889x773px
>nintendo makes a portable console but poorfags want pokemon to stay on a dying old handheld
>>
>>32677297
It's 100% going to be Stars.
>>
>>32677626
>Nintendo fails at making a portable console and we need to chase away that buyers remorse.
>>
>>32677621
It's supposed to be something you can take anywhere.
From experience?
It's not. Maybe after a hardware revision but this is a glorified proof of concept at best.
>>
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
mainline game on the switch
>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
spinoff on the 3DS
>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
spinoff on mobile
>>
>>32677605
I was referring more to the part about having guest artists on board to redesign legacy characters.
>>
>>32677657
>It's not
Are you talking about battery life? Haven't had any problems with the Switch outside my house
>>
>>32677657
Anon, I've had a Switch since day 1, and from my experience, it's not nearly as inconvenient as you're making it out to be.
And it's not just me that finds it easy to carry around, because I know 3 other people who have had Switches since launch and take them with them everywhere.
>>
File: 1472433008295.jpg (28KB, 364x720px) Image search: [Google]
1472433008295.jpg
28KB, 364x720px
>>32677297
It's gonna be Pokemon Stars and/or Pokemon Gen IV remakes on the Switch. Their reveal Directs are always short like that.
>>
>>32677626
I know plenty of people who bought the switch and most of them got rid of it not long after, its only notable game so far is Zelda and Mario isnt out for ages, adding pokemon to it would bulk it up to 3 games. Its not that we're poor fags, we're just not paying out over $300 to play 3 games at max.
I skipped out on the wiiU for the exact same reason and i've never regretted it once, when the next actual handheld comes out i'll buy it.
>>
Cosmog Mystery Dungeon: Explorer of Bag
>>
>>32677643
>Nintendo fails at making a portable console
Let me know when that happens, because it hasn't yet.
>>
>>32677687
>getting rid of a console this early in its lifespan
literally why? did they buy it just to play zelda, then resell it?
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
DP remakes on the 3ds
>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Dp remakes on the 3ds
>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
A new main line Pokemon on the switch before late 2018-early 2019
>>
>>32677643
>buyers remorse
Speak for yourself.
>>
>>32677680
This. I don't get the whole "Switch isn't portable" thing. It's not really any bigger than your average tablet, but you don't see people claiming tablets aren't portable.
>>
Probably the Pokken Switch that was leaked last week and some stuff about Marshadow's US distribution.

Has Ash-Pikachu been officially unveiled in the US yet? Probably that, too.
>>
>>32677687
>I know plenty of people who bought the switch and most of them got rid of it not long after
So you know plenty of idiots? Why would they get rid of the console? It's not like Nintendo was secretive about when ARMS, Splatoon, or Mario were coming out, either. They had a schedule to look at to know what to expect.
>>
>want
DP remakes, SM sequel, or stars

>expecting
Stars, mobile shit or pokken switch

>dreading
Anything that involves genwunner pandering
>>
>>32677721
>Probably the Pokken Switch that was leaked last week

Sauce?
>>
>want
Something new, a sidegame that breaks formula somehow.
>expect
8 minutes of useless BS, also Marshadow.
>dread
see above.
>>
>>32677416
I take my Switch on on my commute to and from work everyday, about 3 hours total.

I've never had an issue, and I have a portable battery the size of a lipstick cylinder if I need it.

I get like 4 hours playing Mario Kart in portable mode, and it's comfy to play.
>>
>>32677493
>Barely fits in even larger pockets
It's not called it pocketheld, now is it? You think the original Gameboy was comfortable to take around? Even the Color was pretty bulky.
>>
>>32677680
Mine is day one as well, and I can't at all see how anybody could take this with them "everywhere"
In my experience i've found people who can take it "anywhere" don't really take it much farther than their WiiU pad, and if they do it's on short car trips under half an hour.

I define everywhere as trips across state, at a minimum, and really the only convenience the Switch offered me was zelda on the shitter.
It's not especially portable, it's not at all convenient, and the only way to cram it into your pocket is to remove controller cons that cost a third of the console to replace.

The general consensus around here is that it's not very portable at all, do you perhaps live densely populated area where you don't have to go very far? It's hard enough for adult owners to carry this places, the poor kids that got them on launch have already had them scratched by their own docks.
After a hardware revision this could be right for pokemon, but not now.

>>32677675
Battery life is horrid but thats just a given and we don't need to keep beating a deadhorse.
>>
>>32677744
Some Japanese online store accidentally mentioned it on the list of compatible games for a Switching fighting game controller, then quickly deleted that bit.
>>
>>32677759
I can give you it's a better handheld than the Gameboy. But is it a better handheld than the 3DS? No. Fine as a home console, great for those stuck with a WiiU all these years.

>>32677761
>Battery life is horrid but thats just a given and we don't need to keep beating a deadhorse.
Get ready for people to say you can buy a battery extender to remedy this when that just adds an even larger cost to an already overpriced console.
>>
>>32677297
>want
Marshadow
>expect
GS VC
>dread
another kanto remake/not owning a Switch
>>
>>32677297
>Sinnoh remakes with more megas and no Z-moves
>Kanto with Z-moves
>Sinnoh with Z-moves
>>
If the they make the mainline games switch exclusive, Pokemon is dead to me. I'm not dishing out $330 for that
>>
>>32677416
>not something I can't take more than a few miles from my house.

Got a switch for my morning commute and was very disappointed in the handheld mode but at least I have a solid home system
>>
>>32677776
>But is it a better handheld than the 3DS? No.
The 3DS was pretty shit until it got games. The Switch is already the best handheld, hardware-wise, and has some a great selection of games to start it off in its first year.
>>
>>32677776
It is a better handheld than the 3DS, though. Sure, it's bigger and not as easily pocketed, but a 6 inch 720p screen with really solid graphics for a portable is fucking heaven after the tiny screen 240p pixel hell that is the 3DS.
>>
>>32677761
A lot of people especially city-dwellers have go bags they take with them daily. I'm assuming anyone who takes their switch "everywhere" is one of these. You can't shove it in a pocket easily, but a Switch in a case fits just fine in a bag.
>>
>>32677795
>and has some a great selection of games
>some a great selection
YOU CAN'T FOOL ME! I KNOW THAT'S YOU, MARIO! I'M NOT BUYING YOUR CONSOLE!
>>
>>32677776
Switch stomps 3DS as a handheld.

3-4 hours average if what the launch 3DS had and I'm not getting eye cancer from 240p bullshit anymore.

I'm not a fag obsessed with shit going in my pockets, I have a messenger bag for my shit because that's nornal in today's society where everyone has a laptop, tablet, etc to carry.

I can't go back anymore, Shit has a lower resolution than the fucking PSP which released in fucking 04.
>>
>>32677793
I'm
>>32677750

I love mine for my commute, what issues do you have?
>>
>>32677805

Handhelds, let alone Nintendo products, have never been about the graphics. Even in comparison the Switch isn't all that good to any other console on the market right now.

It's about convenience and being a good handheld. Having nice graphics does not make something a good handheld, nevermind that even if the Switch did get a mainline pokemon game the 3DS library would make it a superior long journey choice for the next two years, at least.
3DS is one system, with superior battery life, with a bunch of games on it no muss/no fuss in a single pocket. The Switch demands two, at least, with the joycons split off to even fit. If you break/lose your 3DS it can be replaced for half the cost of the wii and the only losable part, the stylus, is pocket chance.

Compare with the Switch that needs another 100 dollars in accessories to even attempt to function outside and overpriced controllers that you can easily lose. For children this is a nightmare, and that's the target audience for pokemon. Trapping them at home is really shitty because some anon wants a main series pokemon game he can play on his TV(especially when we could have another XD/collo)
>>
File: reaper.gif (8KB, 72x107px) Image search: [Google]
reaper.gif
8KB, 72x107px
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?

DP remakes on the fucking 3DS
I don't give a fuck what they announce. Just not that, please. The remakes don't deserve that shitty handheld.
>>
>>32677839
Ranting anon seemed to cover them pretty well, but I guess the system build? The snap on controls are hella wobbly and it feels like the thing will break at anytime(this is apparently common among the Switches around here). It's just not comfortable to play along side the other issues rantnon brought up.
I use online sparingly/just for pokemon and most stick to offline games. Paid online scares me.
>>
>>32677845
>>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
>DP remakes on the fucking 3DS

So you would force the games that introduced the two screen gimmick onto something that only has one? That would ruin like half the fun shit from that era.
D/P remakes should be 3DS, maybe even N3DS exclusive, if Pokemon has to move onto the Switch and not another handheld.
>>
>>32677840
Graphics fucking matter.

240p Is not okay anymore, I'm not asking for photorealism but the ability to experience important things like making out facial details.

Also Pokémon on Switch could finally fix frame rate, 3DS is so underpowered it effects gameplay. We could be back to constant 60fps.
>>
>>32677840
>this retard doesn't know they're going to make a handheld only Switch
Switch IS replacing the 3DS, you retard mongrel.
Monster Hunter is coming to Switch.
Devs have stopped making 3DS games
>>
>>32677297
>want
Gen 8
Gen 1 remakes
Gen 4 remakes
>Expect
Spin off switch title
>Please no
S/M switch port
Stars on anything
>>
>>32677856
Oh I agree it feels a bit cheap, yeah.

I've never felt like it would break though, you could always wait for the inevitable hardware revision with better quality.

Paid online sucks but it was inevitable, and at $20 an hour it's not painful at least.
>>
>>32677871
The framerate only really suffers when the 3D is on which we wont have.
But if graphics matter why the fuck are we settling for the Switch? The Switch is only good in comparison to the 3DS, graphics wise. Have you seen the specs on that thing?

Nevermind what you're asking for is trying to make pokemon closer to the generic artstyle the 3DS has already been forcing it to. No matter the tech they should keep things simple.
>>
>>32677864
Fuck off. They can easily make a single screen experience again. The Switch didn't stop Splatoon devs to ditch the gamepad features and keep everything in one screen.

The 3DS is a cancer handheld that needs to die. Look how fucking useless the touchscreen was in SM. They don't give a fuck about it anymore. Get S2M2 or Stars or whatever the fuck you want for 5 fps double battles, just stay the fuck away from potential DP remakes.
>>
>>32677875
What is the purpose of a handheld-only switch? It's not going to be significantly cheaper because all of the tech is already in the tablet, the dock is just an encrypted TV out.
>>
>>32677906
>It's not going to be significantly cheaper
No dock + no joycons = $100 less.
>>
>>32677875
>Switch IS replacing the 3DS, you retard mongrel.

The sad part is the Switch is replacing both the 3DS and the WiiU.
We've been cheating twice with a shitty, underpowered, home console that is graphically inferior to it's rivals combined with a halfassed shitty handheld gimmick.
No party wins in this scenario.
>>
>>32677875
>What is Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga DX
>>
>>32677901
Are you brain dead?

In SM double battles drop to like 20fps.

If you turn on weather and send out Mons like Moltres you can hit close to 10fps
>>
>>32677919
The tech inside the joycons would have to be the same, attaching them to the console isn't going to make them cheaper.
>>
File: 20170605_195640.png (502KB, 1395x1479px) Image search: [Google]
20170605_195640.png
502KB, 1395x1479px
The post under me will eat a bag of dicks if the following things in this post is not mentioned
>>
>>32677942
They don't have to be joycons. The handheld could just be compatible with them, but just have its own buttons attached to it.
>>
>>32677845
>The remakes don't deserve that shitty handheld.
They absolutely do
>>
>>32677901
Switch is pretty much the best you can do graphically in that form factor without breaking $1500 to use high end laptop components.

Switch graphics are great as well, not every game needs to be The Witcher 3 graphically.

240p graphics are eye cancer, that is a resolution from the 90s.
>>
>>32677904
>Get S2M2 or Stars or whatever the fuck you want for 5 fps double battles, just stay the fuck away from potential DP remakes.
So the things that would ACTUALLY FIT ON THE SWITCH should remain on the handheld? What the fuck?

I'm not arguing they can't do a single screen experience, but the D/P remakes are ones that DESERVE the two screen experience. You proved my own point with the Sun/Moon not using the touchscreen: they would be perfect for the Switch.

Meanwhile D/P remakes could have all those nice touch games they forgot about and make it a proper remake, rather than Sun/Moon with a Sinnoh skin. Holy shit have you even played the originals?
>>
>>32677937
>FE team already said Echoes was the last 3DS FE game
>GF hired people to make Wii U tier 3D models

HMM
>>
>>32677938
Is this an O3DS thing? It runs fine on my N3DS and it sounds like a lot of problems could be solved with N3DS exclusive games(what with N2DS coming out and Nintendo dropping support for O3DS).
>>
>>32677845
At best you'll be getting a switch port. If we get DP remakes they're going to at least be on the 3DS. They aren't going to drop a console in the middle of the generation.
>>
>>32677967
How can you argue graphics matter yet defend the fucking Switch? I'm not asking for everything to be Witcher 3 graphically I'm asking for Nintendo to make a system thats up to snuff.
>>
>>32677959
It's not going to make the console significantly cheaper for Nintendo to produce just because the controls are attached. And their whole marketing strategy is tied up in pushing the hybrid angle. Making a Switch that doesn't switch is stupid.
If someone wants a portable Switch, they can just use their Switch exclusively in handheld mode.
>>
>>32677992
I've hit around 20fps using Sandstorm in doubles on my N3DS XL.
>>
>>32677980
Vita tier models, actually. Vita was namedropped.
>>
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
Multiple announcements; D/P remakes on switch, Pokken port, Stars on switch
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Stars on 3DS
WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
Shovelware, some kind of R/B/Y nostalgia title
>>
It's Star platinum.
>>
>>32678001
Because you cannot make a more powerful hybrid platform without breaking the bank. It's a handheld and a console in one, and that's what they wanted and what I wanted.
>>
>>32678006
>If someone wants a portable Switch, they can just use their Switch exclusively in handheld mode.

Except they can't

>>32677992
>Is this an O3DS thing?
yes. Weather+big creatures+double battle nets me around 40-45fps which isn't too bad. They just need to turn the 3D off.
>>
>>32678027
What do you mean they can't?
>>
>>32678021
See thats the problem the Switch has already: they sacrificed handheld features to make a homeconsole with halfassed handheld functions. >>32678013
>D/P remakes on switch
Why would you burden the remakes on the Switch? Stars would make more sense as the first Switch game.
Instead of making the best of both they just created an underpowered homesystem with the worst part of handhelds.
>>
>>32678027
>Except they can't
Then explain how I'm using my Switch without it being connected to a TV.
>>
WHAT DO YOU WANT?
D/P remakes for 3DS
Gen 1 nostalgia titles for Switch to better sell the console.
WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
Switch stuff
WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
D/P remakes on the Switch.
>>
>there are people in this thread who want Gen IV remakes

Why? Diamond and Pearl were objectively the worst Pokémon games until X/Y and Sun/Moon.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQW3mLh5tMg

Here's Serebii's predictions.
>>
>>32678053
Congrats I can do the same thing with my WiiU.
>>
>>32677297
>WANT
DP remakes and a trailer like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw6zP7n0ais
>EXPECT
A new mainline game. Whether it's DP, Kanto, or Stars. The official website says "Big news on the way,"
>DREAD
Anything that isn't a new mainline game. I'd like there to be a new game by Christmas of this year or sometime early next year. Also if we do go back to Alola this gen I'd like it to be the final installation of gen 7. I'm burnt out over Alola already.
>>
>>32678000
Are you retarded? The fucking 3DS is 6 years old

>>32678000
>please give us ORAS 2
The only people who still want shitty 3DS games are poorfags who can't afford a Switch.
We don't want more shitty 240p games with shit performance.
>>
>>32678056
Because they need to justify themselves buying a launch console for a Wii U game
>>
>>32678072
>Are you retarded? The fucking 3DS is 6 years old
The N3DS is barely 2 and the N2DS isnt even out yet.
>>32678072
>The only people who still want shitty 3DS games are poorfags who can't afford a Switch.

I own a Switch and don't want pokemon trapped on a home console.
>>
>>32677458
10:00 AM

will be at work

going to take precautionary measures so it won't be spoiled
>>
>>32678078
>home console.
lol
>>
>>32678078
>LOL GUYS NINTENDO WON'T KILL THE DS, DUH! THE DSi IS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD
God, what a fucking retard.
>>
>>32678101
>handheld
kek
>>
>>32678078
I think since 3DS/Switch crossplay multiplayer is a thing, they should just please both groups and release one version as 3DS exclusive and the other as Switch exclusive.
>>
why can't Nintendo just make a new fucking handheld
>>
>>32678109
The DS was shitting out games well into the 3DS' lifespan. Nintendo played it safe before and probably should again.
>>32678109
>THE DSi IS ONLY TWO YEARS OLD
So we have two more years of 3DS?
>>
>>32678116
They will, but the 3DS still has a little life left and they're not going announce anything until the Switch is well established.
>>
>>32678116
As a Switch owner I would *fucking love* a new handheld.
>>
>Complains about the Switch being overpriced and expensive
>Wants improved graphics, which can only make it more expensive

What are you on?
>>
>>32678123
No, this is the last batch of games this shitty handheld is getting.
You are really a clueless idiot if you think Nintendo is still going to keep supporting it, especially since sales have tanked, and a shitty hardware revision doesn't mean shit. The Wii Mini came out and that didn't stop the Wii from dying to the Wii U
>>
File: sable.png (110KB, 275x326px) Image search: [Google]
sable.png
110KB, 275x326px
>>32678116
>>32678128
>make new "handheld"
>it's shittier hardware than a Switch
>now Nintendo is selling two handhelds for whatever fucking reason

It's like you fucking idiots never read the NX development and how it was going to unify the handheld and home console in one device.

There is NO new handheld
Switch IS the 3DS successor

How fucking dense and retarded are you people?

>B-B-BUT MUH CAN'T FIT INTO POCKETS SO IT'S NOT A HANDHELD
Grow up, manchildren
>>
>>32678131
They could have just dropped HD rumble which is only good for that Japanese titty game and cut the price by heaps
>>
File: 1491502035773.png (370KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491502035773.png
370KB, 600x600px
>want
Something on the Switch
>Expect
remake
>Please no
mobile trash
>>
File: another kanto remake.gif (992KB, 300x216px) Image search: [Google]
another kanto remake.gif
992KB, 300x216px
>>32677297
>expect
Marshadow, maybe a mention of that new movie, possibly a Switch port of Pokken.
>want
a third installment for Alola that functions as a sequel in the way BW2 did for BW.
>dread
kanto for the umpteenth time.
>>
File: zNtREXZ.jpg (38KB, 498x306px) Image search: [Google]
zNtREXZ.jpg
38KB, 498x306px
What do you think would piss people off the most? I know anything that's not a mainline announcement will cause much butthurt, but what's the maximum possible?

Personally I'm guessing a mobile only direct would do it:
>Magikarp Jump DLC
>Pokemon GO legendary event
>More info about Pokeland
>>
>WANT
DP remakes
>EXPECT
Stars, spinoff game or mobile game
>DREAD
RBY remakes
>>
>>32677458
going to the gym at 9pm, hitting legs and delts, drink some tea and get comfy by 11:30pm

out here in AUS
>>
>>32678160
Kanto remakes (again) would piss everyone off I feel, except the people that don't actually play and came from pokemon go
>>
File: 1495800335020.png (156KB, 276x440px) Image search: [Google]
1495800335020.png
156KB, 276x440px
>>32678160
>creating an 8 minute nintendo direct just for mobile dlc
please god no
>>
>>32678143
>t's like you fucking idiots never read the NX development and how it was going to unify the handheld and home console in one device.
>There is NO new handheld
>Switch IS the 3DS successor

Yes and this was when the NX had the potential to the bridge gap. Fastforeward to the Switch and we have something that can't function as a handheld in battery life, build quality, support, or price.
I'd have liked a unified console more than anybody but it just wasn't in the cards this gen.

Sadly Nintendo probably will replace the 3DS with this because they have no qualms about turning their back on the handheld gamers that kept them alive in the WiiU dryspell.

People like you get a home console that is underpowered, but passable, but what do handheld gamers get? Nothing.
Just because you like to shin the sunlight doesn't mean we all do.
>>
>>32677297

>WANT
Sun and Moon follow up on the 3DS

>EXPECT
Diamond and Pearl remakes

>DREAD
Talking about their collection of awful mobile games.
>>
File: 1496018726867.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1496018726867.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>32678160
>pay to win fishing rods
>>
File: 1494930933097.jpg (30KB, 417x318px) Image search: [Google]
1494930933097.jpg
30KB, 417x318px
>>32677297
>Unrealistic Dream
Full 3D Pokemon ARPG with seamless battles and actually using pokemon to interact with the environment (ex. getting to places/past obstacles/solving puzzles - basically what HMs should've been). It having a good story and characters too. Exclusive to the Switch so it won't be held back by the 3DS hardware.

>Realistic Dream
S/M Sequel directed by Unno

>Expectation
Pokemon Star for Switch and 3DS

>please god no
Remakes
Mobile Trash
Some other cash-grab spin-off I don't give a shit about.
>>
File: 1475801204562.gif (4MB, 335x194px) Image search: [Google]
1475801204562.gif
4MB, 335x194px
>want
S2M2
A remake that makes DPPt playable.
>expect
3DS is dead.
All hail the Shitch.
>Dread
see expect
>>
>>32678218
Not even Dan the Man can save this thread from the rabid Switch samefag.
>>
>>32678143
>>32678021
>>32678006
ITT people who know nothing about handheld gaming.
>>
>>32678225
>that can't function as a handheld in battery life
it has better battery life than N3DS
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>32678199
This would only piss off /vp/. The majority of pokemon fans would unfortunately eat that shit up like no tomorrow.
>>
>>32678199
It would piss nobody off but teenage/early 20 pokemon fags on the internet that have been getting triggered by Kanto shit for the past couple of years, and they're not the target audience nor the secondary audience anyways.
>>
>>32678247
My N3DS lasts almost double my Switch life.
The Switch only has good battery life when you leave it on the home menu and don't play anything on it, but I can barely get 3 hours of fucking Zelda.
>>
>>32678246
Ergo why they're going to make a handheld only version of the Switch. Cheaper, and more portable.

Not a brand new hardware, and certainly not keeping the dying 3DS alive. It's the only logical outcome
>>
File: wew lad.png (104KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
wew lad.png
104KB, 320x240px
>>32677297
want
>mainline series game
expect
>mainline series game
dread
>spin off
>>
>>32678259
A more logical outcome would be a true handheld some 2-3 years down the line.

Why make a Switch that doesn't Switch?
One could argue the 2DS was a 3DS without it's gimmick but the 3D is nowhere near important enough to compared to what they claim is a "hybrid"

More likely would be the Switch's basic frame with a new gimmick added on, at best.
>>
>>32677605
He said Awakening, not Fates
>>
Of course GF had to release another Pokemon game.
They just couldn't take a break this year like in 2015 huh?
Nope, gotta squeeze as much money from 3DS before it's completely phased out.
>>
>>32678259
The logical outcome is we get a Switch thats a finished product, rather than a proof of concent, as a hardware revision and the current Switch drops to handheld price.

It's the shittiest future but one we need to live with.
>>
File: mylife.png (24KB, 230x267px) Image search: [Google]
mylife.png
24KB, 230x267px
>want
Nothing
>expect
Nothing
>>
>>32678279
The handheld would still be compatible with the dock and joycons, but you'd need to purchase them individually.
The handheld version would be for those who don't care about the home console aspect at all.
>>
>>32678295
It's good to have this mindset. I envy you.
>>
>>32678295
and somehow still experience immense disappointment
>>
>>32678295
The only way people won't get their panties in a twist.
>>
>>32678296
But you're acting like ditching those will make it that much cheaper to produce. It doesn't mean Nintendo will be able to drop off 60 dollars for no dock and another 80 for no joycons off the price for the console, that's not how accessory pricing works.
>>
>>32677680
Oh so you're one of those guys that sticks his O3DS in his cargo shorts pockets? Lrn 2carry a manpurse messengerbag
>>
>>32678296
So how is this any different than the normal Switch? The joycons are half of how they get you with the stock unit and the dock is just a hunk of plastic with an hdmi cable.

It makes no logical sense to do it like this when it would defeat the entire point of the system.
>>
>>32678322
I use that for work. Pockets are gaming.
I'm not putting something as fragile as a Switch in any form of bag anyway.

Really the great part about the 3DS is I can shove it in almost any pocket, especially since I didn't fall for the XL meme.
>>
>>32678320
Switch is $299
So handheld only without dock and joycons could slash the price to $199-$229
Perfectly affordable for the handheld market.
>>
>>32678256
The Switch seems has two modes of battery consumption based on the game it's playing.
Something like Breath of the Wild or Mario Kart 8 would average betwen 2.5 and 3 hours.
Other games like Disgaea 5 or Blaster Master Zero average about 5 hours.
Pokemon would likely be towards the 5 hour mark as it's not a graphically intensive action game or uses any physics.

Additionally, Sun and Moon are battery hogs on any iteration of the 3DS and I seriously doubt you get 6 hours while playing either one unless you turn off wifi, turn the brightness down to 1, and turn on power saving mode.
>>
>>32678342
Wtf are you doing with your bags where things are breaking? Switch is no less fragile than any other tablet. I'd say pockets are more dangerous
>>
It seems like everyone is talking shit about Kanto, but the fact is that SM is the 6th sequel to RBY. Do you get mad because Mario is in SMB3? You all are lucky to have as many Pokémon as you have, and really need to shut this "Kanto pandering" meme the fuck up. Deal with the fact that every new game is, in the end, an expansion on the originals.
>>
>>32678343
It wouldn't though. The production cost of the Switch is currently something like 257 dollars. Knocking off the dock and joycon shells (because the inner components would still be attached to the system) would not reduce the price that much.
>>
File: Pokemon super mystery dungeon.jpg (2MB, 3270x2243px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon super mystery dungeon.jpg
2MB, 3270x2243px
>Expect
Pokken Switch with all the arcade-exclusive characters
Stars
>Want
A new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS (the one I want the most)
A new Pokemon Pinball (I can dream, right?)
>Meh
Whatever mobile game they come up with
>>
>>32678345
I wouldn't be using a wifi network on the go for the most part anyway.
>>32678345
>Pokemon would likely be towards the 5 hour mark as it's not a graphically intensive action game or uses any physics.

Precisely. People want it on the Switch because it would "look amazing" but it would probably look little better than it's 3DS variant, at least this gen, and gain nothing from actually being on the Switch.

Best to milk the 3DS market with remakes and put nostalgia kanto shit/stars/gen 8 on the Switch. Right now we'd just get shitty 3DS elements.
>>
>>32678365
>because the inner components would still be attached to the system)

???
Why would they?
The point of the handheld is to have its own controllers attached to it. Just for inputs.
The point is that the system would still be compatible with joycons, if you decided to purchase them individually. It wouldn't just be two joycons soldered to each side of the device.
>>
>Playing a main series Pokemon game on a giant flat screen TV, curled up in blankets
Just the idea of this makes me rock hard. And I don't even have a Switch.
>>
>>32677297
>WANT
Pokemon on PC
Kanto Sequal
>EXPECT
Switch port of S/M
D/P Remakes
>DREAD
Kanto remake
Mobileshit
>>
>>32678378
Because the joycon internals would be the controllers attached to it. Other than stripping out their bluetooth connection, all the tech would need to be there for compatibility reasons.
>>
>>32678367
>A new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for 3DS
Will it be good this time?
>>
>>32678198
>haha look guise i drink healthy stuff and i'm FIT
>>
>>32678360
It's a little more fragile than the tablets i've owned, especially because Nintendo isn't supporting the Switch very well at this time.
Dead pixels out of the box? Upwards of 10? This is normal!
Scratched by the dock it comes with? This is normal.
Combine with the joycons being hella fragile and easy to lose you have a losing combination. At least the clamshell designs protect the screens without having to invest a case/bag/screen protector/etc... to further up the price to make up for poor design. My 3DS' shell still looks mostly unharmed, while my Switch is already showing dents.
>>
>>32677708
I'm dropping mine if pokemon isn't announced for it tomorrow.
>>
>>32678381
no no you don't get it
the true Pokemon experience is on a shitty tiny 240p screen, with abysmal framerate
because you... uh... can take it with you, I guess?
>>
>>32678394
What do you mean? Other than plot pacing issues, Super Mystery Dungeon is one of the best, if not the best.
>>
>>32678394
Super was pretty good. The story wasn't amazing, but the gameplay was easily much better than Gates, and that''s what really matters.
>>
>>32678404
the link orb is trash and that hurts the game the most. Also the story was junk and can't hold a candle to Sky
>>
>want
Something on the Switch. I've wanted a proper mainline game on a home console for a long time, and Colosseum wasn't enough.
>expect
Game for both Switch and 3DS. Only thing Switch version has over 3DS is higher resolution and better framerate.
>dread
3DS only game.
>>
>>32677783
You wont be missed
>>
>>32678411
How's it trash?
I mean, I do prefer the unlimited randomly generated missions of previous titles but trash is pretty harsh.
>>
File: you're gonna get it now.jpg (25KB, 600x462px) Image search: [Google]
you're gonna get it now.jpg
25KB, 600x462px
>Playing Pokemon in fucking public
>Not wanting to play at home on a big TV
fuck off
>>
>>32678420
>annoying LINKED messages every 5 minutes
>YOU DID IT!!! fanfare every time you beat a mission
>completely killed the mission aspect of previous games
>>
>WANT
Sinnoh remakes, Mystery Dungeon
>EXPECT
Marshadow event annoucement, Pokemon Stars, Pokken Switch port
>DREAD
Kanto anything, Pokemon Go/other mobile shit, WOW it's nothing announcement
>>
>>32678405
One problem I had with Super was the fact that you were only able to use mons for like one mission and then they fuck off for like 5 until you can use them again. Completely killed the postgame for me.
>>
>>32677297
>want
Platinum remake on 3DS
Megas or cross gen evos
>expect
3rd SM game
>please no
Kanto remakes
>>
Open world Pokemon. Please God.
>>
File: l.png (83KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
l.png
83KB, 300x300px
>>32678295
this
the amount of waifus alola introduced is going to keep me sated for a long time regardless
>>
>>32678377
It's not graphically intensive because there's usually only a handful of complex models on screen at once. That doesn't mean the models aren't good. They would undoubtedly look much better on Switch. However, the bigger thing holding Sun and Moon back from looking good on Switch is the textures. If Game Freak has high res textures stored away because they knew about the Switch while working on SM, this shouldn't be a big issue. If they don't have these textures, it'll likely be like Monster Hunter XX.
>>
>>32677297
YouTube Nintendo link. For the direct leave a like https://youtu.be/ylrhSB3vz7A
>>
>>32678442
I'd be worried about them doing a piss poor job of balancing it because it's game freak. I could see something like either you endlessly grind to keep up or take the linear path they want you to.
>>
>>32678423
>Not just wanting another XD/collo game leaving pokemon on their, intended, home of handhelds.

Fuck neo /vp/.

>>32678450
>If they don't have these textures, it'll likely be like Monster Hunter XX.
You have your answer.
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
sinnoh remakes or stars
>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
stars or mystery dungeon
>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
spinoff game garbage
>>
>>32677297
>WANT?
GSC VC. Not setting my hopes too high.
>EXPECT?
Honestly, I don't even know what to expect. With all the content relating to gen 1 and 4 they've been dropping lately, I want to say something about 1/4, but I don't even know.
>DREAD?
mobile games
>>
File: Next pokemon game.png (140KB, 429x843px) Image search: [Google]
Next pokemon game.png
140KB, 429x843px
>Want
Main series game that makes a jump to Switch.

Fine with Stars, DP remakes, Sun/Moon sequel, hell, even a Delta Emerald or Black and White 3 would be pretty cool.
>Expect
Stars, a third version with Kanto postgame and things that were probably cut from Sun and Moon (I.E. Golf Course, plataues, Zinnia AZ and lance appearing, Ect.)

>Please no
No switch version. Fine if it stays on the 3DS, but give us a version on the Switch that takes full advantage of the improved hardware.
>>
File: 1463343459251.png (108KB, 358x201px) Image search: [Google]
1463343459251.png
108KB, 358x201px
>yfw it's just a Magikarp Jump update
>>
>>32678577
That can't take 8 minutes, it will at least be Magikarp Jump and Pokeland.
>>
>>32677822
Yeah, I've seen a lot of people complain about "having to carry a bag around just for the switch" but I already take a string bag with me pretty much everywhere. It holds my phone charger, water bottle, pens, and if the day permits it, my switch/3ds. I carry my 3ds in a large case as well, so carrying my hand-held in a separate bag instead of a pocket has been something I've done for a while.
>>
So if the 3DS is dead why did we just get a banwave? Wouldn't it have been best to cut losses?
>>
>>32678600
The problem is things only work like that a for vocal minority at best. The 3ds would have been fine in a bag but most certainly not a Switch.

It's the inferior choice for both bags and pockets unless yer willing to sink another 1/3 of it's price in accessories.
>>
>>32678604
3DS ain't dead yet, but it's on the way out. If anything tomorrow is for the 3DS, it will be one of the last major releases for it.
>>
>/vp/fags itt actually unironically bitching about the Switch
It's actually cute. The game will be on Switch, if you're actually disappointed by this, well your taste is pretty damn garbage. It's time we get an HD mainline game. There's no debate to be had. Move on.
>>
>>32678617
Fuck, Switch cases are 100 bucks?
>>
>>32678395
feels good looking down at strong forearms holding a switch

stay mad fitlet
>>
>>32678623
Theres no debate to be had because we noticed you dicksucking the Switch all thread, samefag.

Sadly with Nintendo's current, shitty, business practices the Switch owners having the buyer's remorse will probably have their way tomorrow.

>>32678629
You'll need a lot more than a case to make that thing handheld ready.
>>
>>32678623
Only if Gen 7 is literally 2 games long.
Theyre not going to split a gen across different consoles.
>>
>>32678465
MHXX not looking like BotW is a combination of Capcom being Capcom, MHX being a 2015 game, and the general geometry of the landscape in the 3DS version being rather low to make the game run at a playable framerate for an action game.

In any case, we don't know what kind of effort would go into a Pokemon for Switch. We've seen the same models used in Go and they look much better there. As for the rest of the game, it's very dependent on how far ahead Game Freak was thinking.
>>
>>32678664
What do you mean? Sling it in a case, put the case in a bag and you're golden. Maybe buy a screen protector if you're real paranoid.
>>
>>32678673
>lug around a purse everywhere
>>
File: aa0.png (200KB, 500x276px) Image search: [Google]
aa0.png
200KB, 500x276px
>>32678295
>yfw
>>
>>32678623
I HIGHLY doubt they would put the next gen 7 game on Switch, they've never had mainline games in the same generation on different consoles.
>>
>>32678691
I don't get it. If you're going somewhere where you have enough time to play games, you probably need some other shit like maybe a laptop or phone charger or what have you. I try not to go back to my apartment until I'm ready to turn in for the night, so I take everything I need the entire day in a backpack with me.
>>
>>32677297
Expect: Gen 1 (Firered/Leafgreen) remakes.
Want: New battle revolution like game on switch.
Stars on switch (and it better have optional tutorials/ difficulty options)
Gen 4 remakes (using PLT as the base)
Dread: Gen 4 remakes using D/P as base.
Stars on 3DS
Mobile shit.
>>
>>32677297
>What I want
Sun and Moon sequels or something completely original
>What I'm expecting
Haha-! Kanto! XD
>Please no
Haha-! Kanto! XD
>>
>>32678711
Muh patterns is never a good argument. Until Black and White, we never had multiple gens on one console.
>>
>want
Sinnoh content in 720p

>expect
Alola content in 240p

>pleaseno
Direct is Pokken for Switch, Pokemon Go, Pokeland
>>
>>32678715
It's the same kind of people that say the 20 hour battery life on the joycon isn't enough.
>>
>>32678723
Are you me?
>>
>>32677924
Switch is more powerful than both the 3DS and Wii U and fills both functions as a TV console and handheld, so I don't see what the problem is. It was always the smartest move Nintendo could make for their next system. If they made a new dedicated home console and dedicated handheld instead they would still be underpowered compared to the competition, so I don't know what you're complaining about. It's just one less $400 system you have to buy.
>>
>>32677970
>You proved my own point with the Sun/Moon not using the touchscreen: they would be perfect for the Switch.
Exactly why there isnt going to be a third version other than they literally havent done one since Platinum. No crystal remake, no Emerald remake. no Grey, no Z.
But we'll get a super version for Sun/Moon? What the fuck is wrong with people?

GameFreak is going to ONLY release paired versions+remakes. Which means the "complete" versions like Crystal/Plat etc. will be done on the Decaversaries, as remakes.
>>
>>32677458
11 pm so I'll be ready to get to bed while enjoying whatever shows up
>>
>>32677297
new game that doest go off the rails until they have 1000 pokemon available.
>>
File: 1494115951701.png (15KB, 581x106px) Image search: [Google]
1494115951701.png
15KB, 581x106px
>>32678737
I think everyone here is expecting and spiteful of the idea of anything Kanto related. Let's face it Gamefreak loves sucking that Kanto cock
>>
>>32678797
Well it does make the most money.
>>
File: r34pavbshrry.jpg (67KB, 750x715px) Image search: [Google]
r34pavbshrry.jpg
67KB, 750x715px
I honestly don't care what we get, as long as it isn't a rushed piece of nonsense like S&M were. 3DS or Switch would each have their benefits
>>
File: !.jpg (74KB, 573x489px) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
74KB, 573x489px
>>32677297
I want Stars on 3DS with less cutscenes and a big postgame.
I expect Stars on Switch with more cutscenes and no postgame.
I dread any kind of remake (after how much they fucked up ORAS) or the possibility of more mobile games.
>>
>>32678746
>fills both functions as a TV console and handheld
Incorrect.
While it's a passable home console, it's underpowered compared to anything the rival market has going on.
The "handheld" mode is nothing a handheld should be. It's not convenient to use or carry nor is it portable. It's battery life is horrid and Nintendo gives shit tech support with it. You need a fuggin smartphone to chat to boot, and paid online for the same shit we'd been getting for free is always bad.

Sadly Nintendo will probably go the dumbest route and have it fill both roles, screwing their handheld fanbase that kept them floating while the WiiU was being a steaming pile of shit.
Before I could have just purchased a 200 dollar handheld and be happy but now im forced to pay 100 more dollars+ for things/features I'll be seeing no use out of in any capacity.
>>32678766
>But we'll get a super version for Sun/Moon? What the fuck is wrong with people?
More likely to be a port.
A remake would make more sense on the 3DS but I don't think they have the foresight to realize that.
>>
>Want
Platinum remake, SM Sequel
>Expect
Go/Jump update, Stars
>pls no
Pokken Switch, Go/Jump DLC
>>
>>32677297
>want
Nothing
>expect
Nothing
>dread
Disappointment
>>
>>32678860
>it's underpowered compared to anything the rival market has going on.

So's the 3DS.
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU WANT?
A new pokemon game on switch that takes out the competitive aspect
>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
GSC on eshop with announce of a game coming soon
>WHAT DO YOU DREAD?
Nothing really
>>
File: Screenshot_20170605-214755.png (795KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170605-214755.png
795KB, 1080x1920px
>>32677297
RT his own old tweet
>>
>>32678724
It's not just a pattern if it's happened every single gen. It's not impossible but it doesn't seem likely.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
If we get a Switch game, can we have the option of local multiplayer like in Stadium?
>>
>>32678901
>IT'S REAL
>>
>>32678901
Please God can a Switch game wait until next year at the very least?
>>
File: 1492886298367.png (456KB, 804x876px) Image search: [Google]
1492886298367.png
456KB, 804x876px
>People STILL want Z version

Why would you fags still put yourself through that after getting BTFO so many times?
>>
>>32678928
No.
>>
>>32677297
>Want
Pokemon Switch with absolutely no Genwun pandering
>Expect
A lot of Genwun pandering
>Dread
Full on Kanto remakes
>>
File: 1494561129453.png (461KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
1494561129453.png
461KB, 500x563px
>WANT
Something on the Switch, Sinnoh remakes, more Ghost Pokemon because I love them
>EXPECT
Something on the Switch, something that might be lame as fuck
>DREAD
Kanto remakes or something that might be lame as fuck
>>
>>32677297
>Want
Pokken Tournament on the Switch
Detective Pikachu on 3DS

>Expect
New "main line" game either sequel to Sun and Moon or side game on Switch and/or 3DS

>Dread
Gen IV remake
more mobile games
>>
>>32678888
Yes, but at least the 3DS is a handheld.
>>
>>32678974
It's still and always has been a piece of shit that only fanboys defend.
>>
File: mysterious sighting.jpg (33KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
mysterious sighting.jpg
33KB, 500x324px
>people actually want another lagging 240p pokemon game

im not paying 40 dollars again for a game made in 2017 that has the same resolution as an nes game
>>
>>32678986
So just like the Switch?
>>
>>32678994
>people wanting a main series pokemon game on a home console

Pocket Monsters is dead.
>>
>>32679012
Ok
>>
>>32679012
>home console
Do you even know what the switch is
>>
>>32679012

The switch is a handheld.
>>
>>32679004
At least the Switch is an HD piece of shit.
>>
>>32679023
>>32679037

Three hours of battery life and no easy way to carry without huge pockets, a purse, or a Nintendo-brand "please rob me" bag is definitely the trademark of a handheld console. It's portable (sorta) but it's not a handheld.
>>
I'm expecting a new pokemon 3DS game since they are just releasing the new 2DSXL.

I am HOPING for a higher resolution switch version. They don't even NEED to make higher polygon models since the models will look just fine on the Switch screen. Just up particle count or some shit on the attack effects and maybe have some nice weather visuals.
>>
>>32679069
You beat me to it.
>>
>>32679081
Don't get me wrong, I love my Switch, but anyone who pretends it's gonna be the new Nintendo dedicated handheld is a loser
>>
If they announced the next game is switch and 3ds. These 3ds fags would still bitch about it.
>>
>>32679043
>caring about graphics on something that is supposed to be a handheld.
I bet you snubbed the GBA for the Gamecube as well.
>>
This argument has been going on for joys but you're both ignoring the main draw of Pokemon on the Switch:

M U L T I P L E S A V E F I L E S
>>
>>32679069

It's a standalone all in one console you can play with or without TV. It's a handheld no matter how you look at it. If PSP/PSV count as a handheld there is no argument against the switch being a handheld albeit with a docking feature.
>>
>>32679012
People have been wanting that since the N64
>>
>>32679098

>Durdur graffix caring on hAndhald
When I have the choice between playing in HD and on a potato, I'm going to side with HD.
>>
>>32679095
Sadly Nintendo is just shitty enough to force that on handheld gamers.
>>32679099
>M U L T I P L E S A V E F I L E S

They don't even let you transfer saves between consoles we aren't getting shit.

>>32679100
>It's a standalone all in one console you can play with or without TV.
It's just really, really shitty without a TV.
I could my WiiU on the shitter as well but that doesn't make it a handheld.
>>
>>32677395
this this this 1000x this
>>
>>32677416
(you)
>>
>>32679116
Good for you, at least you have that choice.
Meanwhile people who want to leave their house have no choices.

This fine and all for you home console devoted guys after the travesty that was the WiiU. Even if it's a piece of crap it cant be worse than the WiiU.
>>
>>32679139
>Meanwhile people who want to leave their house have no choices.

You are a moron.
>>
>>32679099
The positives for switch pokemon far out ways the 3ds positives.

Switch

Can play on my tv
Can play on handheld
Multiple save files
Better graphics
Better sound qualities

3ds
You can put your 3ds 240p in your pocket.

That's it
>>
>>32677458
7am, right before I go to school
>>
>>32679100
From another thread:

>I personally really like the 3DS. I'm glad Monster Hunter will have Switch/3DS compatibility, it means I can play at home on a TV, at my friends' houses on my Switch screen (also when the kids want the TV so I don't have to move my whole console), and on my 3DS when I have to go somewhere. Say what you will, but the Switch isn't as portable as everyone sees to think.

I can only hope that GF implements something similar if they do a release on both platforms. The Switch screen isn't that portable. It's got fairly poor battery life when not docked, it's much larger than even the 2DS. It's main draw, in my opinion, is you take it to a friend's house who has a Switch, and multiplay there. It's not for the train, or the doctor's office, or whatever. Unless you wear JNCO jeans or cargoes all the time, or you carry a bag all the time, it's simply not that portable.
>>
>>32679149
>You can put your 3ds 240p in your pocket.

But it's an important feature! Some of us don't have a choice!!
>>
>>32678054
This anon gets it.
>>
>>32679149

this
the switch is fine for shit like traveling, of course it's a little hard to take it between work or whatever but i'd rather have a better game than one i can play on the way to work.
>>
>>32679157
Fairly poor battery life? I get between 3 and 3 1/2 hours with Zelda, and 5 to 5 1/2 hours with games like Shovel Knight and Has-Been Heroes. How is that bad?
>>
>>32679159
>implying HD is an important feature
I'm not seeing the downside to a graphically inferior system I can take on the go as opposed to a slight better graphical experience that grounds me to my house.
>>
>>32677687
What is mk8?
>>
>>32679159
Put in your bag or buy a switch carrying case if it bothers you so much
>>
>>32679149
>Multiple save files

as if GF would do that.
>>
>>32679176
I get 7-8 on my N3DS with Monster Hunter, can get more with Pokémon. If I want to use 3D and Max brightness I still get at least five.
>>
>>32679157
I'd love that but the Switch fanboys will call you a shitposter.

They have to force this shitty notion that HD gaming is the most important thing to fix their buyer's remorse. This isn't about quality of gaming to them, it's just a shitposting war at this point.
>>
>>32679181
Where do you play your 3ds?

The switch battery life is the same as the original 3ds on handheld mode
>>
>>32678418
this XDDDD
>>
>>32679189
They will unless they find a way to force the multiple Switch profiles to use the same save file. If they somehow do that it's just bullshit.
>>
>>32679181
This, like seriously
>>32679184
Ha! I live in Chicago. I'm not getting a carrying case for a Switch, that's like asking to get robbed.
>>
>>32679181
You're not grounded to your house if you're a functioning human being.

If your monkey hands can figure out how to mash out the jibberish you're spouting, you're smart enough (just) to work it out.
>>
>>32679183
I can play that on my WiiU.
I've already made one regrettable console choice, why should I make two?
>>
>>32679192
Switch matches original 3DS in battery life. N3DS does have a better battery life, but I don't see how the Switch's is bad by any means.
>>
>>32679193
It's not just HD. 3DS also has worse buttons, a slow ass OS, poor internet (far worse than Switch), and a shitty Hasbro design.
>>
>>32679181

>the difference between the resolution of an nes game and the resolution of a modern console is "slight"

what kind of life do you have that absolutely demands you constantly be away from your house and are not allowed to bring any electronics with you
>>
>>32677297
>want
Anything on switch.
>expect
Stars.
>dread
any more shit tier mobile games or any game on 3ds only
>>
>>32679207
Say it with me friend.

>three hour battery life
>larger than most hardback books

It's not an on-the-go system, it's a take to your mates' place system. They made it clear in the launch trailer, for fucks sake
>>
How exactly would pokemon bank work if they did move the series to the Switch? Aren't the bank accounts tied to the system?
>>
>>32679208
If you bought a 3DS, you've already made 2, though.
>>
>>32677297
DP remakes for 3DS
Stadium game for Switch
and Gold Silver Crystal for VC
>>
>>32679198
I rarely have time to spend at home, and I'm usually on the go be it around the county(usually 6 or so hours in a car any given day unless an off day), or im on a flight for work to another country.

The Switch's battery life isnt good for this, let alone all the other setbacks. My N3DS (non XL) is pushing it as it is but the battery life is a little better my O3DS so I put up with it.
The Switch is just a whole nother ballgame and not worth the effort when I have a game library on a handheld that's truly portable with consistent battery life that doesn't depend on the game(nevermind that the only game currently worth playing gives about 3 hours and mariokart is just a port).

>>32679206
>This, like seriously

I feel ya. Nintendo needs to give more options rather than try to force their handheld fanbase to homeconsoles.

>>32679207
>You're not grounded to your house if you're a functioning human being.
Unlike you I actually leave my house, so there lies the issue.
>>
>>32679224
>Say it with me friend.
I'm not you're friend

>three hour battery life
So's the 3DS

>larger than most hardback books
The 3DS is too large to fit in most pockets. Unless you're an 11 year old fat kid who still wears cargo shorts their mom bought them.
>>
I take a Laptop to school every day to school lol.

Switch is smaller than that. It's not hard to adjust
>>
File: 41X3B28XR7L.jpg (26KB, 500x414px) Image search: [Google]
41X3B28XR7L.jpg
26KB, 500x414px
>>32679217
>worse design
>worked great and sold millions since 2003

Pick one. Also this is the age of smart devices, if you're stuck using your game system's Internet browser, you're probably the problem.
>>
File: 1428469797905.gif (965KB, 345x184px) Image search: [Google]
1428469797905.gif
965KB, 345x184px
>>32679222
>>
>>32679245
>You're not grounded to your house if you're a functioning human being.
>Unlike you I actually leave my house, so there lies the issue.

Now you're just being a fuck wit
>>
>>32679254
Most people who have a 3ds. Have the original 3ds. They didn't upgrade to the new 3ds. They wouldn't even know the difference in battery life with switch
>>
>>32679217
>a shitty Hasbro design.
>not the Switch

So aside from the slowish OS nothing major over the 3DS then?

>>32679221
>the difference between the resolution of an nes game and the resolution of a modern console is "slight"
Yes? I mean I don't see what Sony fanboys see in the Switch but they seem to be flocking to it and demand all their games be ultra HD all of the sudden.

>>32679234
Three since I own a Switch.
Fuck.
>>
>>32679254
Fits fine in literally all my pockets, and I wear Lucky Brand. It's comparable in size to my Note 4, which also fits in my pocket just fine.
>>
>>32679271
So are you, to be fair.
Plugging your ears and humming isn't going to make the point any less valid.
>>
>>32679271
I take my laptop to school everyday for the last 2 years. Which is much bigger and thicker than a switch

This guy just lazy ass. Making excuses
>>
>>32679259
>worse design
>worked great and sold millions since 2003

Design doesn't mean clamshell, dipshit for brains.
It fucking looks like a kids toy.

>Also this is the age of smart devices, if you're stuck using your game system's Internet browser, you're probably the problem.

Wasn't talking about the browser either you half-witted wankalot.
>>
>>32679221
>what kind of life do you have that absolutely demands you constantly be away from your house and are not allowed to bring any electronics with you

I'm allowed to bring electonics with me. But between my phone, my laptop, and my wallet it's best to carry a handheld rather than a Switch.
>>
File: 1449872423343.jpg (28KB, 400x275px) Image search: [Google]
1449872423343.jpg
28KB, 400x275px
There are people ITT that want to play Pokemon like this...
>>
File: 987.jpg (116KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
987.jpg
116KB, 1280x720px
>>32679301
...instead of like this.
>>
>>32679308
>>32679301
this
>>
>>32679245

>The Switch's battery life isnt good for this, let alone all the other setbacks.

bring the charger with you and charge it at the airport. for a car ride, you can buy a portable charger. i don't see what problems you would have with a switch that you wouldn't have with a 3ds.
>>
>>32679293
Nintendo devices have always looked like kids toys! The Switch does, too! I don't dislike the Switch. I own one, bought it day one, I love it. I'm just not blind to its limitations. I own a N3DS also, and in terms of how well I can port it around, it's objectively loads better.

>>32679308
Not seeing a significant difference to be honest.
>>
>>32679308
Most people I see playing a Switch look like >>32679301

3ds users are mostly children.
>>
>>32679308
>nintendo condoning manspreading
fuck the switch
>>
>>32679300

It's barely fucking bigger than the 3ds. If you can carry around a laptop and a 3ds then there's no reason why you can't carry around a laptop and a switch.
>>
>>32679318
>you can buy a portable charger. i don't see what problems you would have with a switch that you wouldn't have with a 3ds.

So after spending 100+ dollars on a function I wont be using, I need to put even more into this thing to make it into a handheld?

The 3DS has battery life that can keep going without needing charged on the car no matter what I play. Switch limits me to shovelware.
>>
>>32679331
The 3DS barely fits as it is, the bag is filled with the laptop.
The Switch isn't build to be shoved into places like the 3DS is, i'd rather not ruin the thing trying to force it to be something its not.

Meanwhile the 3DS' size, design, battery life, and game library make it a superior choice to take around with me.
>>
File: 1445232657561.jpg (585KB, 1259x947px) Image search: [Google]
1445232657561.jpg
585KB, 1259x947px
>want
gen 1 remake on 3ds
maybe a cool n3ds console if it's tasteful
>expect
switch + mobile trash
>dread
switch + mobile trash
>>
>>32679362
>genwun
fuck off
>>
>>32679341

> that can keep going without needing charged on the car no matter what I play.

why the does it matter? just plug it in. how is charging something in a car that much of a hassle?

>>32679359

the switch is like 2 fucking inches bigger
>>
File: cena_switch.jpg (1MB, 1944x2832px) Image search: [Google]
cena_switch.jpg
1MB, 1944x2832px
Can't wait to see poorfags kill themselves tomorrow when Pokemon moves to the Switch.
>>
>>32679373
Gen 1 is the only reason Pokemon is still popular all these years later
>>
>>32679326
>not seeing a difference
you are a neckbeard arent u
>>
>want
A Pokémon game with cross-platform capabilities, a la Monster Hunter XX

>expect
switch exclusive garbage or 3DS exclusive garbage, or mobile garbage

>dread
Meh I have no expectation so I have no fears
>>
>>32679377
>why the does it matter? just plug it in. how is charging something in a car that much of a hassle?

Because people are charging their phones in the car and the better handheld doesn't make this an issue.

>>32679383
I own a Switch and still don't want pokemon anywhere near it.
>>
>want
D/P remakes to finish the 3DS lifespan
>expect
Unfinished/rushed Switch content
Switch D/P remakes
>dead
see expect.
>>
>>32677439
If we get Stars with more Regional variants (or Sinnoh with Sinnoh variants) I will come.
>>
>>32679385
only for nostalgia fags
>>
>dread
Cucked dp remakes
>>
>>32679428
"nostalgiafags" are the ones keeping Pokemon going. You should be thankful
>>
>>32679448
Pokemon has kept going in spite of genwun, it certainly doesn't need another kanto remake unless its a postgame throw in.
>>
File: open_world_pkmn.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
open_world_pkmn.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>32679205
The limit to multiple profiles is gong to be the online subscription only applies to one.
>>
>Dream
A new (good) PMD game and D/P remakes.
>Expectations
R/B remakes/sequel, which I'm mad about
>>
>>32677297
>WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?
another pokemon with no post game and /vp/ defend it like they work for nintendo
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.