[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pdg/ - Pokémon Duel General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: actual picture of duel players.png (3MB, 1824x1368px) Image search: [Google]
actual picture of duel players.png
3MB, 1824x1368px
We're Starving Edition

>Discord chat
https://discord.gg/VYtmAcs
>Figure Lists (Click the figure to see the movesets)
http://serebii.net/duel/figures.shtml
>Plates Listing
http://serebii.net/duel/plates.shtml
>Quest Rewards
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/amanomurakumo/20170129
>Japanese Pokemon Duel twitter
https://twitter.com/pokemoncomaster

Store Links:
>iOS
itunes.apple.com/us/app/pokemon-duel/id1078819328
>Android
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.pokemon.pokemoncomaster&hl=en
>APK File
www.apkmirror.com/apk/the-pokemon-company/pokemon-duel/

>FAQs
http://pastebin.com/U26QTvSY

Previous Thread >>32587366
>>
How's the gym going for everyone?
Pull anything good?
>>
>>32671791
Literally only Cs and UCs
>>
File: shupitup.png (358KB, 328x438px) Image search: [Google]
shupitup.png
358KB, 328x438px
Nothing yet but I've been lucky the past 2 gyms. I did encounter the biggest Shuppetfag I've ever seen.
>>
>>32671791
Best I've gotten is a Whimsicott and an Absol. It's annoying but the last gym spoiled me so I can't bitch too much.
>>
>>32671791
Haven't pulled a single R or higher in 29 wins. Still on that since i started the game streak of never getting anything good from gym boxes.
>>
dead game
>>
>>32674298
There's Direct hype to shitpost for instead of shitposting about Deoxys, my dude
>>
>>32674298
Yea, Duel is dying, they need to add something fresh like some gen 7 mon or anything else.
>>
>>32674380
>Add Megas
>Suddenly several figures that regularly out damage Deo-A
I hope you like power creep
>>
File: IMG_1662.gif (87KB, 192x197px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1662.gif
87KB, 192x197px
>>32674412
>Mega Sceptile
>Leaf Blade is now 130 base damage with +70 if it spins again
>Quick Attack is removed, piece is absorbed by Leaf Blade
>Also gets Forest Leap back
>>
>>32674380
I'd be okay with more gen6 figures even. All we have are the box legends, starters, pseudo, and the bats right? Surely there are other Kalos Pokemon that could be figures.
>>
>>32675013
Kalos has the smallest pool of Pokemon in general, so it's not that weird for it to have the least figures. Could stand to have some more though, yeah

Also you forgot Phantump and Trevenant
>>
>>32675095
>forgot about the trees
I don't know how I did that since I like them so much. I want Dragalgae and Malamar and even Clawlitzer. Hoopa could lend itself to some tricky teleport running too.
We also forgot Fletchling and its lack of evolutions. So yeah there should probably be at least a few more Kalos figures.
>>
File: Helioptile Wheel.png (70KB, 1374x836px) Image search: [Google]
Helioptile Wheel.png
70KB, 1374x836px
Since there are so few Kalos mons, I whipped up a couple of wheels for one of my favorite Kalos lines

Tell me what you think, or if you've got a good idea for an ability, I couldn't think of anything that fit
>>
File: Heliolisk Wheel.png (79KB, 1374x837px) Image search: [Google]
Heliolisk Wheel.png
79KB, 1374x837px
>>32675734
>>
>>32675734
>>32675742
Might be cool on Jolteon and Galvantula decks
>>
>>32675734
>>32675742
I like it. Would be really helpful for keeping Joltik alive and letting your electric types get surrounds.
>>
Spins were a mistake
>>
>>32671791
Terrible.
Haven't had the drive to get the prize figurine the past four gyms or so
>>
>>32675734
it's just a worse R Pikachu
>>
>>32671791
Two gyms with 50 wins, no EX in either even though I collect after every 2 wins. The drop rate definitely fell here too.

Next time I'm just aiming for streaks since I hear people are pulling Cube, Metal and Ingot EXs from 8-11 wins.
>>
>>32678653
Helioptile is worse sure, it's only a UC, so that's to be expected. But I made Heliolisk have a white 70, which is way better than Pikachu's shitty giant white 30. It still has 4 miss at level 5 and has a weaker Quick Attack, but it's got a slightly larger purple with a completely different effect. I don't think Pikachu is strictly better
>>
I think I just found another hacker in the Gym.

Is there ANY ability or anything aside from the goal plate that can teleport one of your pokemon across the fucking field and straight into their own goal space? If not then how do I fucking report this?
>>
>>32679088
Shiftry
>>
>>32671992

How do you deal with Shupfags? It seems to be pure fucking luck.

Yes, I know that's what spins are,
but this is a whole nother level of luck.
>>
>>32679114
gold attackers or bright powder plates
>>
>>32679096

Thanks, I'm new.
>>
How do I get good at this game? Only been playing for a couple days but I, for whatever reason, have 0 foresight and always fall into traps. Where the hell do I work on this?
>>
>>32679202
The most important thing in this game is positioning. Always be aware of where all the pieces can move at any given time. Try and get familiar with all the figures, and memorize ones that have moves and abilities that let them move around the board. Pay attention to your opponent's plates so you don't get caught off guard by a Hurdle Jump or a Counter Attack
>>
>>32679202
>>32679263
Long Throw and Swap Spot are also plates that you should pay extra attention to.
>>
>>32679202
Not falling for traps helps a lot.

Now, for serious. There are a few things I can suggest.

Do the training center for gems, figs and plates.

Never attack when a bad roll would put you in a loss condition.

Learn which figures have a superior match-up against other.
>>
>>32679299

Already done all of them, also learning about matchups like Darkrai > Terrakion and Greninja fucking shuppet in the ass. I REALLY need to work on positioning.

>>32679288
>>32679263

Plates don't really catch me off-guard. Already learned how fucking dangerous Hurdle Jump is. Probably my most hated right now.
>>
>>32679321
Hurdle jump seriously needs a higher limit
>>
>opponent goes first
>moves glaceon toward goal from right
>send deino up mid left
>opponent attacks with terrakion
>bite/miss
>walk to goal with evolved zweilous
I felt disgusting
>>
>>32679332

>Dark Cup
>Opponent sends shuppet mid left
>My Darkrai sends it to hell
>He throws a Glaceon at it and attacks
>Gets a lethal dose of cloroform
>Waltz on over to goal
>>
>>32679332
>>32679433

Damn, so tired I can't fucking post properly. Not meant for you.
>>
>>32679333
>go first
>put Darkrai inside the corner
>opponent X attacks Weavile and attacks into it
>Darkrai spins 70
>Weavile spins gold
>down 20 because no other Weaviles on field yet
>hop onto their entry
>they went connecting as soon as I moved
>receive delicious WIN shortly after
Some people never learn.
>>32679433
Darkrai is cool as fuck and I look forward to losing many games trying to prove its viability.
>>
>>32679482
You don't have to

An ability that lets it IK anything that's sleeping means it's going to fucking gas pretty much any figure that isn't immune to sleep
>>
>>32679548
Rather, any non majority purple figure/immune to sleep figure

Adding on to it, it perfectly possible to build a team around it since there's stuff like Leafeon in the game
>>
>>32679594
He has bad match ups to Zapdos and Mew tho and those guys are never going away. You can totally use him but you better have consistent answers for those two.
>>
>>32679655

Yveltal + Greninja + Darkrai. Forces your opponent to basically avoid Yveltal like the plague and NEVER EVER bunch up their figures. Also Terrakion will never leave the bench.
>>
Barely 19, I don't think I'll get Darkrai
>>
File: IMG_0853.jpg (274KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0853.jpg
274KB, 1536x2048px
>>32680309

I already got mine, I've been cheesing with 4 MP Zweilous and Terrakion.
>>
>>32680350
I don't have any zweilous
>>
Would it be viable to bugbot in 10 wins? I hate this gym and I want the wins fast
>>
>>32680388
11 wins and I got two fucking ralts as the nest figures.
>>
How long until gym ends?
>>
>>32680379

To be honest, Zweilous isn't that good. The rest of my team plows through most teams I see.

>Magikarp-Gyarados
>Magikarp-Gyarados
>Terrakion
>Deino-Zweilous
>Manaphy
>Infernape
>>
>>32680528
24 hours
>>
How the fuck does Darkrai even work? Whenever I get Dark Void my opponent respins and stays awake? Why do none of the other mons around me spins?
>>
>>32680576

The Pokemon has to be adjacent to the Pokemon you just battled for a sleep spin to occur.
>>
>>32680528
These gyms don't last long enough to get the welfare ex
>>
>>32680542
Thought so. Definitely not enough time to get 15 more wins for the second Dakrai.
>>32680645
All of them since I've started except this one have been at the same time I have either a shitload of school or work happening for that week but I've managed to get them all except Dragonite. It just sucks that my figures have never been good enough to get the second one without spending a shitload to fight bugbot repeatedly.
>>
>>32680645
You could forfeit 3 times with 105 energy every 4.5 hours (requires you wake up in the middle of the night for a few minutes) and end up with ~27 wins.

And I guess battle absolute trash players at 1100 rating on the final day to make up the shortfall.
>>
>>32680711
Can not, because of work.
Just 8 more wins now, guess I'll just spend jewels on bugbot.
Another loss, another reset because of the fucking bug trying to open boxes
>>
>>32680758

What's this bugbot everyone's talking about?
>>
>>32680796
If you lose three times in a row, your next game will be against someone with your same rank, using a team of two Beedrill, two Heracross, and two Pinsir with three double chance plates and I think 2 X-Defends. It's a bot that makes random moves and is there so you get an easy win at least once in a while.
>>
>when its better to just lose repeatedly than trying to win
This game is such garbage
>>
Lugia, Feraligatr, Mudkip, Larvitar, Diglett and Carvanha buffs inc
>>
>We' ve improved [UC] Mudkip' s durability by changing the 10 damage Tackle Attack to Dodge. This should also make it easier for it to evolve.
MARSHTOMP/SWAMPERT INC
>>
>Accept rewards
>>
>>32681026
So maybe one of the next gyms will hit Ground or Dark again. I can't imagine them using Water again after using it twice already
>>
>>32681026
Ground/Water gym with Feraligatr (still inferior in every way to Kyogre) as the prize, EX Swampert in the next rotation

Water got the +1MP buff the last two times, one of those before the international release. With the damage buff this time, Water decks and Swampert will absolutely sweep.
>>
>Lugia now has the first unevolved 4 Star Purple in the game
holy fucking shit dude
>>
Is it just me or are the servers absolutely terrible now?
>>
Here is my sableye idea
>>
File: duel.png (371KB, 1531x803px) Image search: [Google]
duel.png
371KB, 1531x803px
Heres the TLDR for this patch
>>
File: what.jpg (16KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
what.jpg
16KB, 640x360px
>>32671319
Question: why is it that when I win a match with Frogadier's Toxic Spikes, I can't have him evolve into Greninja, but winning with other purple attacks like Sneasel's Fake Out lets me evolve into Weavil? Is it a bug or just something about purple attacks I'm not getting?
>>
>>32681452
you can evolve with purples dat move your oponent
>>
>>32681026
>water buff in gym againg with another water figure as the prize
WHYYYY
>>
>>32679114
Play Defensively. Put out your goal blocker early and just let shuppet take one of your entrys.
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.