[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>fakemon >it's a: >ghost/normal schrodinger's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: 1476487961907.jpg (40KB, 245x249px) Image search: [Google]
1476487961907.jpg
40KB, 245x249px
>fakemon
>it's a:

>ghost/normal schrodinger's cat
>fire/grass pepper
>wooden tiki alolan form
>fakemon that's even stronger than arceus with a tumblr tier origin story
>shittier version of a pokemon that already exists
>blatantly obvious video game/book/movie reference
>sound type
>>
>>32670631
Post replacements.
>>
File: 1349670900266.png (134KB, 396x381px) Image search: [Google]
1349670900266.png
134KB, 396x381px
>plague doctor
>>
>>32670689
Worst one.
Thank God we got that Perfume Drag Queen over a DeviantArt tier literal Plague Doctor.
>>
>water/psychic or water/fairy dolphin, with optional water/dark counterpart
>overly round, marking-plastered, samey design with dot eyes and D-shaped mouth
>gimmickmon with an exaggerated expression and you can't even picture it having any other emotions
>impractical design no being could ever move around with, let alone be comfortable with
>my mom's x with one object glued on it that clashes with the rest of the design
>fucktard trainer oc
>>
>>32670700
>Thank God we got that Perfume Drag Queen over a DeviantArt tier literal Plague Doctor.
Then how about a regular plague doctor and we burn the other fat bratz pet?
>>
>>32670631
>Any stolen design for pokemon clover
>>
>>32670631
>spore type
>>
>>32671882
Still can't get over this one.
>>
File: 295Exploud.png (168KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
295Exploud.png
168KB, 431x431px
>>32670631
What's the issue with sound type?
We've got plenty of sound themed pokémon and moves already. Exploud, Noivern and moves such as Boomburst or supersonic would only be a few examples.
It feels like a reasonable thing to implement, should another type for balancing be needed.

Also, an electric/sound rotom speaker would be fun.

And on the ghost/normal shroedinger's cat and fire/grass pepper: Both of those aren't bad ideas. They're just really overused and rarely executed in a functional way.
>>
>>32670631
These are my triggers.
>>
>>32670796
>overly round, marking-plastered, samey design with dot eyes and D-shaped mouth
>gimmickmon with an exaggerated expression and you can't even picture it having any other emotions
>impractical design no being could ever move around with, let alone be comfortable with

Just like real pokémon
>>
File: 1496528079930.png (829KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1496528079930.png
829KB, 1280x720px
>>32670631
>fakemon blatantly based on a fursona
>>
File: 93852336426.jpg (19KB, 375x277px) Image search: [Google]
93852336426.jpg
19KB, 375x277px
>light type
>>
>>32672010
>it's a soundfags think the typing makes any sense episode
>>
>>32672010
As a former Soundfag myself, just admit sound works best as a part of Normal. Just like Flying incorporates creatures who fly as well as wind-based attacks, Normal includes non-elemental and sound-based creatures.

That's why the Jigglypuff line kept its Normal type when it gained Fairy, and likely why the Pyroar line is part Normal as well.

And before anyone mentions other sound-based Pokémon that AREN'T Normal, sound is probably not their main gimmick.
>>
>>32672131
Normal incorporates non-elemental, "omnitype" (Arceus and regigigas are only normal type because they represent many types) and sound at the moment. The issue I have with this is that sound type would logically react differently with some typings, such as ice and water, than normal would.

Also, Noivern. Noise wyvern. Its head is a speaker, sound is most definetly the main gimmik of this flying/dragon pokémon.
>>
>>32673297
Eh, forgot about that one. Touché. The only response I have is that there must something unique about the line since they're the only dual-typed Flying Pokemon to be primary flying types; Flying is usually regulated as a "background" type. Seems to me that since they fly, it overrode the possible Normal (sound based)/Dragon type they would otherwise be. But that's just me trying to reason it through.

Regardless, no dual typed Pokemon lost a type to become Fairy, so even if Sound becomes a type, Noivern LIKELY won't get retyped.

I just don't see a new type anytime soon.
>>
>>32673405
>Regardless, no dual typed Pokemon lost a type to become Fairy
Not him, but Togetic and Togekiss
>>
>>32674189
I stand corrected.
>>
>>32672010
>What's the issue with sound type?

It's a completely shitty and unnecessary idea and sound works better as a move property than a dedicated type.

You may as well make a "bite" type just because there are a bunch of bite based moves and that there are pokemon that focus on biting.
>>
File: a1_2_3_by_chrysomal-dat0k0k.png (153KB, 1034x579px) Image search: [Google]
a1_2_3_by_chrysomal-dat0k0k.png
153KB, 1034x579px
>>32670631
I'd be interested in knowing how many of my fakemon fall into these tropes
http://chrysomal.deviantart.com/gallery/61568858/The-Canoha-Region
>>
>>32674949
oh shit

it's that guy
>>
>>32670816
>clover rejects/poorly-drawn knockoff versions
>Incineroar followed by Decidueye followed by Ballio
>lilfella
>>
>>32671882
Don't forget light, magic, nuclear and cosmic type.
>>
>>32670796
>having a dark counterpart at all
>>
>>32672043
Or when it's a canine Pokemon that would look otherwise OK but the artist drew it in a furry-looking artstyle that just sticks out like a sore thumb.
I remember there being a couple of these in Sage's dex, can't remember if any new art fixed them yet.

Also:
-Eevee line ripoff which is just usually a generic blob looking thing with different colours
-Any design that looks too much like a miniature human with x element slapped on it (Tends to happen the most with legendaries)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.