[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT when pokemon does it it's alright, but when digimon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 11

>Elemental variants with minor adjustments
>Temporary hyper modes
>People on this shit bitch that there are robots in digimon
>humanoids
That's all I can think of at the moment.
>>
>>32670626
Anime.
>>
>>32670626
People complain about the Pokemon too, take off those tinted shades.
>>
>>32670626
>Temporary hyper modes
People bitch like a mother fucker when pokemon did it, and I still think it's the second worst thing this series has done
>robots
Who complains about that?
>humanoids
people complain about those because "muh waifubait"
>>
>>32670626
Confirmation bias.

I myself and I know for a fact others have complained when Pokemon did those things. Also it's funny that the same thing kinda happened with Yu-Gi-Oh, but more of a flex-off between them rather than one-way appropriation. Yu-Gi-Oh took Psychic types from Pokemon and Pokemon took Fairy types from Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>32670656
Alot less though

>OMG THERE ARE SO MANY COLOR SWAPS..
Elemental variants, most of which are unobtainable.

>OMG digimon is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo edgy, they have weapons and spikes..

So no one ever played a Jrpg, before? Wtf
>>
>>32670669
>alot
>>
>>32670663
They achieved the evolution apex, why wouldn't they have opposable thumbs...
>>32670667
Really? I just thought that Espers were a bit too different to be classified as spellcasters, and that the "fairy" attribute was a family friendly version of the "holy" attribute in many other jrpgs.
>>
Pokemon treats them as different forms that don't increase the number of creatures, rather than treating them like entirely new creatures so they can bloat the number they slap on the back of the box of games.
>Temporary hyper modes
I never see people complain about Burst Mode, but I love it and Mega Evolution.
Yeah because the vast majority of final stage Digimon are either robots or
>humanoids
rather than the much wider variety Pokemon has of all sorts for final stages, and people still complain about waifushit on both ends, more so on Pokemon's.
>>
>>32670667
The "fairy-type" in YGO was called "Tenshi" in Japan, meaning "angel". Fresh out of the religious-censorship-heavy 90's, Konami didn't want to take chances, so they changed "Undeath", "Angel", and "Demon" types to "Zombie", "Fairy", and "Fiend", and the "Daemon" cards to "Archfiend" cards.
>>
>>32670713
>Pan/Simisear/pour/sage
>Eeveelutions
>Legendary Birds
>Legendary Genies
>>
>>32670722
Those are like Lopmon to Terriermon, which is perfectly fine. I assume they're talking about, say, the likes of YukiAgumon or Alraumon in comparison to Alolan forms, since people actually complain about the likes of YukiAgumon or Alraumon rather than the likes of Lopmon.
>>
>>32670713
>well truth be told, what else would they be?
Seriously, how many mammal/beast digimon are there? Very few in comparison to the vast amounts of robots, dinosaurs,dragons, insects,mutants angels and demons.

Why wouldn't there be more robotic evolutions?

Also it's a six staged evolution, that gives a tad more room to grow as apposed to pokemon's three (or temporary fourth in rare occasions), thus it would make sense that some become cyborgs or somewhat humanoid.
>>
no one cares about digimon lol
>>
>>32671121

nobody cares about what you think either and yet there you are posting your unimportant opinion.
>>
>90s kids still stuck in the past and fighting the nerd battles of their childhoods

No one in the West cares about Digimon anymore, hell it's barely even still a thing in Japan.
>>
It's about the execution. Element variants in Digimon are LITERAL palette swaps. IceDevimon is literally just a white Devimon. Meanwhile the elemental variants in Pokemon actually have clever designs and usually make actual fucking sense.

In Digimon when they do humanoids they are literally just humans wearing armor or mecha shit. In Pokemon it still looks like a creature despite being humanoid.

Digimon designs in general are fucking terrible and it's not much of a wonder why Pokemon is one of the most successful franchises of all time while Digimon is rotting into obscurity.
>>
>>32670681
>ad hominems
>>
>>32670626
>Implying Greymon survies drought boosted Fire Blast coming from base 159 special attack
>>
>>32670626
Reason is simple. Pokemon does it better. Alolan forms weren't just color swaps. They changed the Pokemon completely. And even then, they were merely treated as forms, not entirely new Pokemon. Unlike how Digimon does.
Take Plusle and Minun for example. They're basically the same thing, but because they've got the battery theme going on, it is justified. They did something just a tiny bit interesting with their idea. And even then, they get a lot of shit for being just Pika clones.
Now, that's not to say Pokemon has never made a mistake. The Elemental Monkeys, for example, were shit. And they get shit. They're not seen as "okay" by anyone, contrary to your claim.

>Temporary hyper modes
Again, handled differently. Digimon relies on this all the time. Pokemon just gives it out as an additional tool, nothing more. Digimon forces you into it, with every form essentially being temporary, Pokemon gives you normal evolution, and a Mega Evolution to a select few. Mega Evolution is more comparable to Super Saiyan forms than anything Digimon has to offer.
So, different execution. Pokemon handled it better.

Do they? Not part of the fandom, but I haven't seen much hate for that. I have seen people throw "shitfit" over all the items Digimon use, like swords and guns and shit, but not robots.
Still, I don't see it as a problem in Pokemon because there aren't that many of them. What, like 1% in total? There are artificial Pokemon, though not really a lot of "robot" Pokemon.

>humanoids
The difference lies in humanoids and basically humans. The most human thing in Pokemon is probably Gardevoir, and even that has fucked up anatomy to be a human. Compared to literal humans that are there in Digimon.

tl;dr Pokemon is just better at this shit.
>>
File: kek.png (20KB, 455x396px) Image search: [Google]
kek.png
20KB, 455x396px
>>32671633
>implying Greymon doesn't survive
>>
>>32671633
>Dragon/Fire not surviving a Fire attack
252+ Atk Choice Band Groudon-Primal V-create vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Reshiram in Harsh Sunshine: 258-304 (75.6 - 89.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
File: a-vulpix.png (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
a-vulpix.png
138KB, 500x500px
>Alolan forms weren't just color swaps
>>
>>32671828
Who said Greymon is part-Dragon, faggot? It's obviously pure Fire-type.
>>
>>32670626
Actually, for at least those first two, I had been thinking "that's something pokemon needs too" for a long time.

Other two are things which need to be done in careful measure.

Digimon can get away with it because they're 'digital monsters', they exist in their own world, etc.

Pokemon are supposed to supplant or replace natural animals, and, within lore-context, Porygon and Mewtwo, an entirely artificially made pokemon were supposed to be mindblowing.

Humans made entirely new pokemon.

But you start making more robot-mons which are clearly artificial and it seems almost silly, like 'why bother breeding pokemon when one could build a pefect pokemon?'
>>
>>32672805
>Dragon's Roar
>>
>>32672805
I would think of Agumon and Greymon as Dragon/Fire, while MetalGreymon is Dragon/Steel.
>>
>>32670626
Dude Digimon doesn't to adjustments they're just straight up recolors
>>
>>32670626
guns
>>
>>32672805
Greymon is associated with dragons all the time.
Hell in Next he had the Dragon digimemory.
>>
>>32674079
SkullGreymon Dragon/Ghost
WarGreymon Fire?
>>
>>32674238
I would say WarGreymon would be Dragon/Steel like MetalGreymon.
Gabumon and Garurumon - Ice/Normal.
WereGarurumon - Ice/Fighting.
MetalGarurumon - Ice/Steel.
Omegamon - Steel/Fairy. (Fairy is pretty much the closest thing Pokemon has to Digimon's Holy type.)
>>
File: 1466527333646.jpg (65KB, 832x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466527333646.jpg
65KB, 832x960px
>>32670626

Back to irrelevance digifag
>>
>>32670626
If you're talking about Alola Forms, its because they're more than just color swaps and don't take up their own slot in the dex
If you're talking about shit like Tornadus, Thundurus, and Landorus, then people bitch about that all the time
>Temporary hyper modes
Are you serious? People were rioting when Mega Evolution was first introduced, and people are still bitching about that to this day.
Just like people bitch about artificial pokemon like Klang and Vanilluxe.
>humanoids
Yeah, people don't complain about waifumons, and they sure didn't complain when Litten turned into a humanoid

There is no way you can make this post without being either a newfag or bating. Lurk more.
>>
>>32674238
>SkullGreymon
>not being a dark type

try harder.
>>
>>32672926
>>32674079
>>32674215

Well, guess what? Charizard is designed after a Dragon and is not Dragon-type. It sucks, doesn't it?
I always envisioned the Greymon line as:
Agumon - Fire
Greymon - Fire
MetalGreymon - Fire/Steel
WarGreymon - Fire/Steel

I know a lot of people like to think of WarGreymon as Dragon or Fighting or both but it does not fit the Fighting-type at all when it has a metal armor all over its body and the line is strongly associated with Fire. No space for Dragon-typing. Leave the Dragon-type to the Veemon line.

>>32674238
Dark/Ghost for me. No joking. It's a destruction-seeker skeleton.

>>32674385
Gabumon and Garurumon are pure Ice for me. The other 2 I agree.

Omegamon is pure Steel for me. I'd only give the Fairy-type to Angel-like digimon or actual pixie/fairy based digimon like Pixiemon or Lilymon.
>>
>>32670693
YGO uses Fairy and Fiend instead of Angel and Demon. Nothing weird or novel about that, they just self censored for the West because of soccermoms

Psychics in Yugioh were basically Cyberpunk when they came out but I don't know if that's changed
>>
File: digimon-dex.jpg (2MB, 1366x4545px) Image search: [Google]
digimon-dex.jpg
2MB, 1366x4545px
I started this a few years ago and have been changing it a few times until now and it might suffer further changes cause I'm never sure about some of them.
It's a list of mons I would like to see on a hypothetical Pokémon x Digimon crossover game. It actually comprises 2 gens. The first from Agumon until Apocalymon. The 2nd starts with Veemon. I took some evolution liberties as I wanted to include some digimon over others I didn't really like (e.g: Thunderbirmon being the Friendship armor evo of Hawkmon instead of Rinkmon).
>>
Palette-swapped Digimon are basically the same thing as shiny Pokemon, there's no Digidex so they aren't "taking up" slots and only about 40 of 1100+ Digimon are literal palette-swaps and most of those only exist due to PS1 memory limitations or as dark versions of popular Digimon.
>>
File: 010.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
010.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
Dark/Steel
Encountered as a boss fight, can't be caught.
Knows Meteor Mash, Thunder, Dragon Dance.
Special move is Infinity Cannon. Powerful steel type move that hits even if the target protects themselves. However, requires five turns to charge before use.
Ability: Infinity Drive - being hit by a super effective move fully charges its Infinity Cannon.
>>
>>32677517
>lines in order of anime appearance
neat
but you need to replace Plesiomon with Vikemon
>>
>>32677517
Holy shit in that table i don't see any digimon that i would like.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (64KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
64KB, 320x320px
>>32671920
>add fluffy details so it resembles snow and fits its type more

>meanwhile in digimon: let's literally just change the color and call it a day
>>
File: Psychemon.jpg (10KB, 190x209px) Image search: [Google]
Psychemon.jpg
10KB, 190x209px
>Digimon aren't living things, they're just computer programs
>Recolors are basically re-purposed versions of other programs or knockoff versions
something something lore, wake up, etc
>>
Digifags should be happy that they win over Pokemon in one and only one thing, which also happens to be the most irrelevant thing for Pokemon.
>>
>>32677566
Vikemon appears in the latter part of the list as an alternate mega to zudomon (like a cross-gen evo).
>>
>>32677576
There's almost 300 digimon in that list mostly from the first 2 seasons (with some later additions). You're either an underage or you don't like digimon at all.
>>
>>32670626
Is it me, or does OP's image look subtly sexual?
>>
>>32677576
Well then you have shit taste because while some Digimon are abominations, there's a fuckton of good designs on that list.
>>
>>32677517
mamemon should be fighting/steel desu.
gabumon should be fire and garurumon fire/ice, they both use fire techniques.
>>
>>32677517
I can't look at Moosemon without snorting
>>
File: pQo7e8E.jpg (43KB, 514x536px) Image search: [Google]
pQo7e8E.jpg
43KB, 514x536px
>>32677387
>I don't care what canon lore says. Agumon & Greymon are fire type because I say so!
>>
>>32670626
The artist probably faps to Greymon judging by those hips and the way it puts its hands on them.
>>
>>32678350
Okay retard, maybe I didn't stress it enough.
We're giving Pokémon types to Digimon. Yes, the Greymon line is part of the Dragon Roar's group. But if we translated that to Pokémon, at most, what that would mean is the Greymon line is part of the Dragon egg group, not that it is automatically a Dragon-type.
Greymon is also part of the Metal Empire group, should I give it the Steel-type? It is also part of the Virus Busters (Fighting/Fairy?) and the Nature Spirits, with the latter englobing several elementents of, well, nature, like fire, ice, electricity, etc. Greymon happens to specialize in Fire attacks.
So, no, this is not my autism talking, I gave it a logical type based on its combat techniques and lore.
Next time, fuck off instead of making me waste my time with a dumbass like you.
>>
>>32678221
Yeah, on Gabumon's case, I admit I'm being autist. I already have the Agumon line as Fire-types, the Piyomon's evolutions too. I don't like the idea of having a bunch of partner digimon being Fire-type. Also, the whole line is just more consistent if I just keep them as Ice-types.
Garurumon though, other than its Fox Fire move, most of its known attacks are Ice-based. It's kinda similar to White Kyurem really, in that it could be interpreted as they using Ice attacks with flammable properties.
>>
>>32671586
Well said.
>>
>>32670626
Who the fuck cared enough about fucking DIGIMON to ever "throw a shitfit" at anything it ever did?
>>
>>32678829
That's something.
Also Charizard looks like he's about to get a pounding
>>
>Bandai, a toy company, makes palette swap variations of their products
>Almost every other company who makes toys makes palette swap versions of their products

I'm not defending this shit because I'm not the biggest fan of it, but it's common practice in lesser grossing RPG video game series and toy companies.

Digimon has way less money being pumped into their video games than Pokemon does by a mile, because Digimon isn't about the video games only, so the swaps available make sense in the vein of it being more costly to make all new models.

Digimon is an "everything" merchandise made by a toy company in the same vein as Transformers, so comparing it to Pokemon always seems misplaced.
>>
>>32681702
>Digimon has way less money being pumped into their video games than Pokemon does by a mile

Aren't some of the better ones on par with pokémon in terms of gameplay?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.