[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: >Worst part of your favorite game >Best part of your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 10

File: Chateau.jpg (31KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
Chateau.jpg
31KB, 400x240px
ITT:
>Worst part of your favorite game
>Best part of your least favorite game

While I do love mostly everything else about HGSS, the fact that they didn't fix the weird ass level curve is shit. While it isn't unplayable, it does make the ladder half of the Johto a bit less fun.
X and Y were shit. But, the Battle Chateau and Friend Safari were interesting and fun features that I wish weren't removed for later entries.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of Crystal

A lot of Johto Pokemon have 1% encounter rates and the capability to run away on top of that

>Best part of XY

By far the 3D graphics in battles which adds so much life to the Pokemon
>>
>Hg/Ss's slow battle speed and level curve
>Can't think of anything Diamon/Pearl did that Platinum didn't do better, the climax with the cover legendary was at least cool although Platinum's was 20x time better.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of RSE
HM05
>Best part of XY
Mega evolution made some of my favorite mons actually viable in competitive play.
>>
File: pss.jpg (27KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
pss.jpg
27KB, 320x240px
>>32660454
Did you forget the hands down best part of gen 6?

For me my favorite part of gen 7 are the pokemon, as much as I didn't really like anything else I've never not liked a generation's pokemon.

My least favorite part of gen 5 was that the difficulties were locked behind beating the game and didn't carry over when resetting. They were a fun addition and I enjoyed doing black tower with them, but I would've liked to have played the game with it on.
>>
>worst part of emerald
no backwards compatibility
>best part of emerald
SILKY SMOOTH 60 FPS
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of B2

All the Unova Link and friend bullshit. Living in a rural area fucks someone over hardcore, I guess it helps to grab a bunch of random people, but I didn't care for it desu.

>Best part of ORAS
Deoxys and MegaFUG.
>>
>>32660511
You can catch Arceus via a glitch in DP, he has yet to be discovered in Platinum.
>>
Worst part of Crystal: Awful Johtomon distribution

D/P didn't really do anything that Platinum didn't improve upon, but in general it gave new evolutions to old Pokemon that desperately needed them (for the most part)
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of BW
A majority of wild encounters having either Sturdy or Detect, Team Plasma too.

>Best part of DPPt
Day/Night variations to themes.
>>
>>32660454
>>Worst part of your favorite game
The Battle Frontier kind of sucked, but I still miss it in ORAS.
>>Best part of your least favorite game
Following Pokemon was pretty lame compared to Pokemon Amie, but it was a half-step towards Amie, so it was nice. Shame HGSS were such disasters in every other regard.
>>
Worst of Emerald: sprite art

Best of ORAS: catchable Deoxys, Mega Beedril and Pidgeot
>>
File: Seafloor_Cavern_exterior_RSE.png (7KB, 261x150px) Image search: [Google]
Seafloor_Cavern_exterior_RSE.png
7KB, 261x150px
>Worst
Seafloor Cavern is just a shitty area. Easy to get lost, too many exploding gravelers, trainers everywhere, annoying to get out, requires like 4HMs. It's just a mess.
>Best
I always liked the Trainer House in GSC/HGSS. In Gen 2, it was a unique way of getting certian pokemon seen in your dex, and in Gen 5, it rewarded you with items.
>>
>Worst part of BW2
Can't think of anything other than maybe some features that were in older games that weren't here, like pokémon following you and the story wasn't as "good" as BW1, ad the battle frontier, but games after BW2 had even less features.

>Best part of ORAS
I liked the game but it sucked as a remake, either way, I loved the delta episode, the music and the part where you fight Deoxys are fucking goat, do you think in gen4 remakes we'll finally get to battle Arceus in the hall of origin without the need of hacks or shitty events that were never released?
>>
>>32660691

This nigger knows what up, are you me?

That shitty sprite art and animations were a crime after the smooth as fuck ones from Crystal
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of BW2
Pokéstar.That shit is boring,doesn't improve my pokémon and i'm forced to do it.I was severely disappointed when i learned there was no way to destroy that dumb studio with everyone inside.
>Best part of HGSS
The visuals are great.
>>
>>32660454
Emerald has shitty Gen III mechanics.
ORAS has DexNav, which is pretty awesome.
>>
>>32660454
Emerald really could've used more diversity in distribution on the sea routes.

Platinum actually had extra areas to explore after you beat the game, I guess.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of oras
no battle frontier

>Best part of platinum
battle frontier
>>
>>32660454
>worst part of Emerald
Ugly-ass sprites

>best part of BW
Reshiram/Zekrom rebirth cutscene
>>
>>32660688
>>
>Worst part of BW2
Seasons should be a week

>best part of XY
All the quality of like changes were very much appreciated.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of your favorite game
The final stretch of Emerald is annoying. I love how open the water routes are, but it's easy to get lost, and I have to buy so many goddamn repels

I'll also say for Black, everything up to the first badge just makes it annoying to go back to, and the rivals weren't that great

>best part of your least favorite game
Friend safari for X and Y and the massive regional dex. Also the PSS is god tier
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of Platinum
Honey trees were super annoying, and hid a bunch of otherwise cool Pokémon.
>Best part of XY
A couple of the early game towns looked okay, I guess...
>>
Worst part of BW2: We never got the original dragon and I didn't have wifi back then so I missed out on the join avenue

Best part of DPPt: Physical/special split
>>
>>32660454

>Worst part of Platinum

The HMs. Hot damn, the HMs. I like going back and exploring later but Rock Climb sucks.

>Best part of SS/BW2
For SS, I liked the gym leaders quite a lot. Jasmine is a great waifu.

For BW2 the sheer postgame content of it, but I just hate the main story not shutting up
>>
>>32661226
>oh no someone not riding the sinnohfetus bandwagon!
>quick, where's the bait image!

Facts is facts, junior. I've been playing Pokemon longer than you've been alive. When you're old enough to have some perspective, you'll recognize I'm right.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of r/s/e
The amount of mother fucking water hms you needed what the actual christ
>Best part of r/b/y
Rival was a dick, but that made him a better rival.

Also it was the birth of pokemon, and despite it's flaws it's still a pretty good game.
>>
>worst of Platinum
Couldn't re-explore the whole Distortion World. I mean, I get it, but it would've been so cool to wander around the entire thing after you beat the E4.
also I missed every single fucking event and I didn't get my favorite mythical mons, but that's more my fault than the game's.

>best of SM
I fucking love the Ultra Beasts.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (81KB, 882x452px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
81KB, 882x452px
>>32660454
>Worst Part of HGSS
Archer's team, and the teams of pretty much all villains for that matter

>Best part of ORAS
Dexnav. If it didn't have the "It couldn't be found" thing, it would be the perfect next step of chaining. SOS Chaining sucks by comparison.
>>
>worst of Explorers of Sky
Aegis Cave

>best of RBY
HM's were at their least offensive, for the most part. Cut's obnoxious, but Flash is pointless to use, considering you can see the walls anyways. The other three moves are among the best STAB moves in their respective types, at least back then
>>
>BW2
replaying the middle section where nothing changed from BW can get boring after a few times
>XY
character customization was better than SM, i had a lot of fun playing as the girl
>>
>>32660454
>Uhh we all know what the worse part is, they are releasing all the megas slow AF + no marshadow

>Goldonrod city has some nice looks when its sunset, thats All i can say for a 4th gren game.
>>
>Worst of BW2
When I realized that there was no fucking battle frontier

>Best of XY
Selena a qt
>>
>>32661858
Uh oh, salty Kalosfag alert
>>
>>32661918
Surf, Dive, and Waterfall? Same exact amount as the previous gen?
>>
File: 1496381771776.gif (4MB, 491x352px) Image search: [Google]
1496381771776.gif
4MB, 491x352px
>Worst Part BW
Em... Mmmmmm... Dragonite Skull Mission.
>Best Part S&M
Post-Lusamine First Battle
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of Pearl
The legendaries were shit, and I think Arceus was a bad thing for the lore. Also, not enough water.

>Best part of XY
Mega evolution was a good addition to gameplay and made some of my favorite Pokemon even cooler.
>>
>Worst part of BW2
All Ice types in the dex are either very late or postgame
>Best part of RBY
Doesn't hold your hand at all and lets you get lost trying to find out what to do next
>>
>>32660454
>Worse part about BW
The contests.

>Best part of XY
Character customization was great and the towns had some neat themes, musically and visually.
>>
BW2: The cutscenes can really interrupt the flow of the game

RS: I like most of the new Pokemon, especially Breloom. And it's obtainable early on.
>>
File: 1483425791891.png (270KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483425791891.png
270KB, 500x500px
>>32660454
>the ladder half
>>
>>32662379
BW didn't have contests, so unless you are complaining about the lack of contests, which I totally agree with.
>Musicals
not contests.
>>
>>32660454
>worst about emerald:

no physical special split in a game that could have really needed it. all dark types are crap pretty much, sharpedo, absol, crawdaunt...

>best about oras:

the new megas, move tutors and deoxys encounter
>>
>worst part of GS
Lack of evolution stones until Kanto

>best part of RSE
Being able to run and having two bikes were pretty cool.
>>
>worst part of HGSS
I have a lot of fond memories of this game so I can't really remember. The level curve I guess? I liked the challenge honestly but yeah it was a bit frustrating.
>Best part of DP
The Poketch
>>
>>32662304
idk man it's been a while since I played, but I do remember juggling between pokemon because I needed an hm slave to progress. I really did not want to give all those hms to Swampert since i felt he had great moves at the time. It was really annoying. I don't really remember the problem being that bad in any other pokemon games.
>>
>>32660454

>Worst part of BW
The Pokémon distribution in the game is bad. You have almost nothing to use before beating the 1st gym and a lot of cool 'mons come really late in the game

>Best part of R/B/Y
Nostalgia
>>
>Crystal
The encounter tables not letting you get every Pokemon from 152~250 before the credits, but at least I can just inject what I want. Butchered Kanto taking up dev time and cart space they could've used to make Johto even better.
>Sun/Moon
The Akala Captain sidequests and Eevee Expert quest were all nice. The game, and future ones, should've had several dozen more things like that instead of the forced main story, including making the box legends an optional story quest like that.
>>
>>32662304
You only needed Whirlpool once in GSC tho
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of Platinum
The engine speed

>Best part of RBY
The game after surf opens up a lot, and provides access to pretty much every Gen 1 mon that I like.
>>
>>32663412
It's not that bad and I've never personally had to do that. Spheal exists right before you get Dive and is a really good all-purpose HM slave. It's a bit worse in DPPt and about as bad as GSC/HGSS. If you want a full team it's going to suck but that's gen 2-4 for you.
>>32664372
And you only needed Dive twice in RSE. What's your point?
>>
>>32662367
boy do i have some bad news for you about ice types in every single pokemon game ever
>>
>>32663432
>The Pokémon distribution in the game is bad. You have almost nothing to use before beating the 1st gym
thats standard for every game except for SM. Even Kalos with its huge dex had a trash distribution before the 1st gym as the vast majorty of pokemon you capture are normal type.
>>
>>32660454
Yellow, The graphics
Sun, Ultra Beasts
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of HG/SS
No Vs Seeker meant calling specific trainers on specific days and times for rematches.

>Best part of XY
The PSS and O-Powers were nice for quickly connecting to others and egg hatching respectively.
>>
>>32660454
>Worst part of HGSS
MOM calling me every 10 minutes to let me know she bought me another potion. Thanks MOM.
>Best part of XY
That dank overpriced clothing
>>
>>32665028
BW2 had a decent opening variety of types and generations with Psyduck, Mareep, and Riolu before the first gym.
>>
File: lvclrxYasv1qbtlzqo1.jpg (205KB, 500x510px) Image search: [Google]
lvclrxYasv1qbtlzqo1.jpg
205KB, 500x510px
>worst part of Platinum
While exploring was what made it fun for me, the necessity of an HM slave dragged the teambuilding process. It also felt like a drag until the game started to get to the exciting part.

>best part of RBY
After Misty there was no real set order in how to challenge the Gym Leaders which you don't really see much anymore. I was once a dumb kid once who didn't challenge Surge until a bit later.
>>
>>32665028
That's true but I think it's especially bad in BW. IIRC before the 1st gym in BW, you only have access to your starter, one elemental monkey, Patrat, Purrloin and Lillipup. I understand it's because they want you to use specific options for the 1st gym, but it's still too restrictive for my tastes. And a lot of stuff can only be found at or near Victory Road. I still love BW but this did irk me a little.
>>
>>32660454

>Crystal
Kanto was such a shell. Also some of the Johtomons being locked in Kanto is stupid as fuck.

>D/P
Literally nothing.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.