[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If multiple versions of the same game didn't exist per generation,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: versions.png (66KB, 1089x517px) Image search: [Google]
versions.png
66KB, 1089x517px
If multiple versions of the same game didn't exist per generation, how would the concept of trading exclusive and rare Pokémon be implemented?
>>
That can be done quite easily with ID numbers. IDs ending with an even number get red exclusives, those with odd numbers at the end get blue. You can even go further and create a set of 10 different exclusive tables and make them dependent on your ID.
>>
>>32660242
There would be random mons that some games will just not have in the wild, so players are forced to trade with others to complete it. The mons not available are determined by RNG the moment the savefile/new game starts. In a way, this would mean it would be a while before someone encounters another with the exact same missing Pokémon in the wild.

For those that played the game, compare this with Yo-kai Watch's crankakai, and how the results from each crank are predetermined the moment the savefile is created. Therefore, new results require an entirely different save file.
>>
>>32660262
That's pretty smart.
>>
>>32660262
>>32660280
Isn't that more luck-based and thus less fair than the multiple version system?
>>
>>32660322
I guess, but that would encourage trading even more. After all, you won't know which set of exclusives you will get until you find them out yourself. Buying two copies of the game wouldn't help you much.
>>
>>32660242
There are 3 lists of version exclusives in a game, which starter you choose determines which list of exclusive pokemon you have access to.
>>
>>32660242

gen1- 4th versions of the same game

there are people who bought all 4 of them, plus remakes

I wonder if they even planned this from beginning
>>
>>32660659
Gold and Silver were announced in early 1997. Yellow only became a thing once Pocket Monsters 2 was delayed.

Ishihara thought it'd end after the second generation.
>>
>>32660659
Red and Green released
Blue is a bugfix used to translate for the west.
Pokemon Yellow is an anime tie in.
>>
>>32660659
Red and Green were the origianls, they made Blue as the third version only due to the fact it fixed up problems and updated sprites to look more like they should.

Yellow version was made because of how popular the anime was, as a little extra, and as >>32660685 pointed out, to stall for Gold and Silver.
>>
File: haha.jpg (31KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
haha.jpg
31KB, 648x432px
>>32660659
>>32660685
>>32660701
>>32660717
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/ds/pokemon/0/1
Ishihara: Exactly. The animated series started in April 1997, and if it had stopped broadcasting in 1998, what would we have done then? We had made Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver with the intention of releasing them in 1998.

Iwata: But you didn't manage to get Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver ready in time either, did you? (laughs)

Ishihara: That's right. (laughs) We originally started work on Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver right after releasing Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, and then just when we were racing forward with the development, Tajiri-san came to us and said: "We've finished one!" I thought that this was really quick and asked him what it was, to which he replied: "We've finished 'Pokémon Blue'!" (laughs)

All: (laughter)

Iwata: Even though you'd been waiting for Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver? (laughs)

Ishihara: And then after that, we made Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition... (laughs)

Iwata: That's right. (laughs)

Ishihara: I said: "Now we've got Pokémon Yellow!?" (laughs)

Iwata: Pokémon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition was really fun, but because everyone was waiting for Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver, as you can imagine there was a sense that people were thinking: "I'm not sure they should be putting out Pokémon Yellow."

Ishihara: After all, it was also the year that Pokémon Gold and Pokémon Silver were scheduled to be released.

Iwata: That's right.

Ishihara: It was at that point that I decided that there was no point in rushing so I said things like: "We may as well make the Pokémon Pikachu. (laughs)

Iwata: That was you showing that you were worthy of the title of "King of Portable Toys"! (laughs)

All: (laughter)
>>
>>32660242

Trade evolutions would still exist.
>>
Daily reminder that different versions and version exclusives were Miyamoto's ideas.
>>
>>32660842
Sure. What about trades with NPCs?

>>32660851
I know.
>>
>>32660826
(laughs)
>>
>>32662403
haha I don't know
>>
>>32660659
>not buying all versions
>>
>>32660826
Since when can Ishihara talk about "let´s make this game" or "no let´s not".
This dude is only the ceo of TPC and is more like the face of the company.

Tajiri is still the ceo of Gamefreak, eventhough he said, he would rather stick with the anime then the games, I still wish he would come and make another game. Because his vision is clearly different than masudas or ohmuras.
>>
>>32660242
How about...
>they show you different lists of exlcusives at the start of a new game
>You choose one
done.
>>
>>32660242
Maybe based on the starter you chose, so you'd encounter pokemon with types that compliment your starter nicely.
>>
>>32665723
The Pokémon Company only exists since 2000. Ishihara worked as Game Freak's producer before that.

>he would rather stick with the anime then the games
[citation needed]
>>
>>32660242
It would be cool if they made it dependent on how you acted during the story but they'd never do that because people could just reset for the others
>>
>>32662403
Please understand.
>>
>>32666247
>citation
I really can´t find it. Actually I found an aspect of the interview where Ishihara tells that Taijiri is still involved, but that was during FRLG release.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2004/05/13/e3-2004-the-pokemon-creators-speak

look how young masuda was. But still I could swear he said "I would rather concentrate on the animes, because I like that more". Looks like I was mistaken.
>>
>>32660242
Fusion evolutions like Karrablast/Shelmet and Machoke/Graveler.
>>
>>32667078
Are you perhaps talking about how Tajiri thought that, in the early days of Pokémon, the Pokémon Adventures manga represented his idea of the Pokémon world better than the games?
>>
I like the idea of individual games having a randomised assortment of pokemon, including hidden abilities, egg moves etc. which can migrate or be traded over by communicating with the games of other people. That way, pokemon in your game could be constantly changing as you streetpass, trade or battle people, giving you way more reason to backtrack through routes and whatnot.
>>
>>32667148
>Fusion evolutions
>>
File: one billion years in ms paint.jpg (152KB, 1100x900px) Image search: [Google]
one billion years in ms paint.jpg
152KB, 1100x900px
>>32669283
>>
>>32667175
>how Tajiri thought that, in the early days of Pokémon, the Pokémon Adventures manga represented his idea of the Pokémon world better than the games?
That's not even what he said. The quote from the back of some Pokemon Adventures volumes reads something like 'This comic very closely conveys the world I envisioned' or something to that effect, the games aren't even mentioned.
Anyway, I do wonder what goes on inside Game Freak.
>>
>>32669468
Thanks for the correction. And yeah, Game Freak moves in mysterious ways.
>>
File: at last.png (23KB, 247x216px) Image search: [Google]
at last.png
23KB, 247x216px
>>32669294
>>
>>32660242
Randomized legends exclusive to your cartridge, kinda like the legendary beasts in FRLG. Another way you could do it is absurdly low encounter rates for certain species that way it's so rare it might as well be exclusive to lucky bastard game files.

Also, choice pokemon, like the Hitmons in gen 1 or fossils, where you have a choice between some, but it locks you out of the other options.

Stone evolutions but with a limited number of stones, like 9 pokemon that need Moonstone, but only four Moonstones can be obtained in game.

Choices that effect pokemon's in-game availability, for instance, you get a park and help the guys develop it. Planting trees would have different pokemon available than if you chose to build a pond or dig a tunnel ,for instance. Or Team Rocket is poaching certain species, and at least one gets hunted to extinction if you save all the others because you were too busy saving the others.

If they wante to be real bastards, they'd make event pokemon like Mew that were also trade-evolutions. You go to the store for the event but if you want it to reach its full potential you have to trade it.
>>
>>32669853
That sounds like a very unbalanced system.
>>
>>32669882
Balance is for boring fags.
>>
>>32660262
>>32660322
They already did ID stuff similar to this in Platinum to determine which of the two Fossils you could get.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.