[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In regards to pokemon design, which fans are more obnoxious?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 11.png (1MB, 1810x894px) Image search: [Google]
11.png
1MB, 1810x894px
In regards to pokemon design, which fans are more obnoxious? The fans who prefer the more popular designs with "normie appeal" while shitting on less conventional ones, or the fans who prefer the unconventional designs because they're more 'creative' and underappreciated while shitting on the more popular designs? Take into account that both sides tend to act like their opinion is objective.
>>
>>32655575
It is wrong to pull shit out of your ass, criticism should be for designs that objectively suck, such as Amoonguss
>>
>>32655575
The contrarians tend to be more annoying, so them.
>>
File: 63189762_p4_master1200.jpg (205KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
63189762_p4_master1200.jpg
205KB, 600x580px
>>32655575
>False dichotomy

I just accept that Pocket Monsters aren't exclusively nor were they every solely based on animals. I mean Starmie and Koffing were some of the first Pokemon I familiarized myself with before seeing the entire list, so I didn't freak out when seeing shit like Bronzor or Honedge.
>>
>>32655575
Speaking as someone who actually has both mons you posted in their top 10, I'm not sure. One side just goes "This mon is ugly so it should be low tier PU and be retconned I love my waifudogkaiju it should be OU and get reliable recovery and base 150 offenses" and the other side tends to beat people over the head with the basis of the design and can't take a joke or two. I guess it just depends on which Pokemon's fanbase.
>>
>>32655575
I hate both
Give me semi-conventional designs
>>
I find it's hard to say. If someone likes Charizard I can see why but I also think it's too vanilla. On the other hand if someone's favourite Pokemon is Farfetch'd because of design I could never see why.
>>
>>32655575
y'know, there are some that like both conventional AND conventional designs.
>>
>>32656062
I know, I'm just talking about the kinds of fans mentioned in the op
>>
>>32655616
>aren't exclusively nor were they every solely based on animals.
>I mean Starmie and Koffing
>Starmie

?
>>
Both sets of fans are idiots. However, the ones that prefer the popular designs usually do so because the popular designs have a broader appeal. The ones who shit on the popular designs solely because they are popular are mentally ill. They claim that the popular designs get undeserved attention but deep inside they would kill for their favourite Pokemon to get the same level of appreciation. However, if that Pokemon did end up becoming popular, they would grow to hate it because they are a special snowflake and they are deluded into believing they have enough self-importance that they should stand out from the crowd like a shining beacon among a sea of idiots.
>>
File: 1487527102355.jpg (348KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1487527102355.jpg
348KB, 900x900px
>>32655575
I hate both of them. I definitely prefer the more "normie" Pokemon, but I have quite a few less conventional favorites too, like Stoutland. So fuck the faggots who shit on those. And the latter group is just infuriating, with brain working on tumblr levels, so fuck those faggots too.

Creativity is important. But I hate the faggots who go one about MUH CREATIVE PROBOPASS. Almost every single Pokemon is pretty fucking creative. That's why they're so popular. They're unique and creative monsters, with nothing like them in any other franchise in any medium. The faggots who go on about MUH CREATIVITY don't actually give a fuck about creativity. They just like shit and try to justify it, to feel like special little snowflakes.

Take the image you posted, for example. Both Pokemon are pretty creative. But those faggots will actively shit on Zard, quite literally the most iconic dragon, and a pretty unique dragon at that. You can't really mistake it for any other dragon. But they'll ignore that. Because it's a dragon. For that reason alone, creativity in Zard's design that set it apart from the thousands of generic dragons will be ignored.

But on the other hand, they'll praise the fuck out of Probopass, because it mashes up a lot of different ideas in one design. That's not creativity. A literal child could accomplish this. Mashing up a bunch of ideas is not hard or creative. This is design philosophy the faggots on DeviantArt apply to their OCs, for fucks sake. If you can't make those ideas work together, if you can't make them look charming, you're not being creative enough.

And that's where I stand. Fuck both sides. I hate the faggots who shit on a Pokemon simply because it isn't popular enough, just to fit in with the majority to feel strong, not understanding a thing as simple as how taste works. And I hate the faggots who go on about MUH CREATIVITY, not knowing shit what they're talking about, just to feel like special snowflakes.
>>
>>32656248
I share your opinion.
>>
Both sides desu
>>
>>32656248

Woah nigga, do you really expect me to- nah I read all that and I share your sentiment minus the hate thing because I'm not that kind of person even though I have a pretty strong morale

I usually don't have any quips against any mon unless you count Ash-Greninja but that's only because I think it looks silly af and Greninja looks fine as is, but I usually don't mind pokemon designs as long they look natural and with not too many zany clothing details that makes them look more like they came out of a costume party. They're supposed to be animals or kinds of creatures/monster, give me something credible that can pass off as a natural species, not something that came straight out of Primark. Balance is a nice, beautiful thing. I don't support them being completely naked either so heh.

>I hate the faggots who shit on a Pokemon simply because it isn't popular enough, just to fit in with the majority to feel strong, not understanding a thing as simple as how taste works

This one definitely grinds my gears, because those people simply assume more popularity = best mon which they think gives them the right to bash the less popular ones. This is why I don't fancy just one starter being picked out of the litter for instance for a slight push, because I know it'll inevitably divide the starter fanbases even further. Either all three or go home. Why do people feel the need to have superiority/inferiority complexes? Can't we all just like a mon, regardless of whether it's a famous or a infamous one?
>>
>>32656248
As a Probopassfag I feel bad that I get really defensive when people with shit taste shit on it, but the gameplay decisions these past few games make me worried if it stays hated forever it'll be a shitmon forever. I gotta say you're right about Charizard for example. It is a little more creative than most contrarians give it credit for. Like I've said ITT before it's one of my favorites as well. I think the only shillmon I dislike is Lucario. If you count forms I hate the shit out of Ash-Greninja but I like regular Greninja.
>>
>>32655575
Contrarians probably. They're louder and tend to be more pretentious about it.
>>
>>32655575
>hating any pokemon at all

It's true that my favorites are Lickilicky, Probopass and Garbodor but that doesnt mean that I dislike popular pokemon like greninja and charizard
>>
>>32656087
>starmie is solely based on an animal
>>
>>32656087
Starfish look more organic and don't have gems embedded on their bodies, anon.

Sure, I goofed but that's not usually the Pokemon people have in mind when they're in the camp of the former. They think of the starters, Pidgeotto, Dodrio and Gyarados.
>>
I only hate on those who like unconventional Pokemon if it's obvious they only like them due to competitive relevance, and not for the Pokemon itself.
>>
>>32658141
what about people who like charizard because his mega is good or greninjafags who like it because it's strong?
>>
I consider both obnoxious, because in a roster of currently 800 different creatures, why waste your time hating the few dozen or so that you don't find appealing? It's pathetic to see how offensive these things are to some people.
>>
>>32658141
>you can like a pokemon, but not for X reason, you can only like it for Y reason
stop
>>
>>32655575
I actually really like Probopass, mostly thanks to that animation that was released a while back.
Making it into a Gradius reference was a 10/10 choice.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.