[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why so much hate for this qt pie? And what would help it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

File: 1.png (749KB, 515x725px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
749KB, 515x725px
Why so much hate for this qt pie? And what would help it get out of unranked PU?
>>
File: 1492106572738.jpg (124KB, 746x855px) Image search: [Google]
1492106572738.jpg
124KB, 746x855px
>>32654162
I don't hate it, I actually like its design much more than Typlosion's. No idea how to help it competitively, though.
>>
>>32654162
A better HA and moveset. Also better stats. And a better typing.
>>
>>32654162
People's hate it because it's feminine
>>
File: meganium face.gif (305KB, 500x316px) Image search: [Google]
meganium face.gif
305KB, 500x316px
>>32654162
I like it. In fact, Gen 2 is the only gen I like all the starters' final forms.

It can really go in any direction to be more competitive. You can even use it as it is now if you really want, as a tank. Consider that it can wall Mega Alakazam where Mega Venusaur wouldn't be able to. It also has the graciousness of a Ground resist in comparison.
>>
Bayleef is one of my favorites

I have lv100 female Calm Bayleef @ Eviolite
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Def
0 attack IV
Current moveset:
Energy ball (No giga drain in SM)
Toxic
Synthesis
Aromatherapy

Moveset is not final
>>
>>32654174
Look what an amazing clean design! Fuck, i doesn't have useless stripes nor spike, it's a simple green dinosaur fused with a big flower. It's amazing.

Fuck I hate Game Freak for the new overdesign shit the do now.
>>
I like its design, but I tried replaying HG with it and it was easily the worst Pokemon on my team. Also probably one of the worst Grass types available in game. Which is sad. It deserves better.
>>
>>32654162

Make it Tangrowth.
>>
Make it fairy,

Boom it's out of PU.
>>
>>32654680
>4x weak to poison
It's worse now.
>>
>>32654162
Literally just add Fairy type to it.
>>
>>32654162
They are wortless in battle.
>>
>>32654162
Hating on Meganium is a /vp/ meme.
I'm just sad on how Game Freak constantly neglect on grass starters in favor of water or fire ones.
>>
File: Byron_Cradily.png (664KB, 1174x881px) Image search: [Google]
Byron_Cradily.png
664KB, 1174x881px
>>32654162
Either rock/grass mega with solid rock
Or grass/Fairy mega with flower veil

>Why rock
Its a Dinosaur and rock grass is actually decent typing
>>
>>32654664
I play through HGSS numerous times picking Chikorita and never run into that problem. I guess it depends on what your team consists of though.

>>32654667
Tangrowth has shit SpDef, no way. They're different mons -- it's like saying make Altaria into Noivern.
>>
>>32654704
Neglected most might be but only Torterra and Meganium suffer battle wise
>>
>>32654162
People don't hate it for the design, people hate it because it's objectively the worst starter we've ever had. Really, only getting a stupid good HA like triage or just a mega are the only ways to save it. I've never seen hate for meganium, just people who like the other two more. How they can forgive typhlosion for what it did to cyndaquil is beyond me.
>>
>>32654752
Sceptile, Chesnaught and Serperior also suffer battle wise.
>>
>>32654664
Op here and same, I ended up boxing my Meganium after a while because it was doing really awful compared to the rest of my team :( I think it might just be game design working against it, because I've had a better time in other games with terribly balanced teams of mostly shitty grass types. Feraligatr and Typhlosion have a much better time in-game too.
>>
>>32654162
>Why so much hate
Because it's fairly boring aesthetically and harder to use in any setting than any other starter. I'd rather use Eviolite Bayleef for the simple reason that I won't fall asleep just looking at it.

Also the whole of Johto is stacked pretty heavily against Grass-types. The only gym that comes close to being Grass-weak is Pryce, and he's still an Ice-type trainer. Faulkner to Bugsy at the start of the game is brutal, Morty's gym being nothing but Poison-types sucks, and Jasmine and Clair both laugh at Grass-type moves. Meanwhile the only major hurdle that Typhlosion or Feraligatr face is Clair and maybe Whitney if you suck.
>>32654768
>Serperior
>suffering
Maybe if you can't get Contrary on it. Sure, its movepool is shallower than a puddle in Death Valley, but when all you have is a 130 BP STAB hammer that gives you +2 Sp. Atk with each swing, everything else in the game becomes a nail.
>>
>>32654162
I don't think there's much hate for it, it's just people acknowledging it's (rightfully) shit in almost every aspect (aesthetics excepted because that boils down to opinion). It's not good in-game and not-good competitively.
>>
>>32654768
Chesnaught is a decent tank, Sceptile at least has a mega, and Serperior has Contrary Leaf Storm which completely redeems it (and then some).
>>
>>32654871
>Fairly boring aesthetically

I'll take "fairly boring" over Primarina's supposedly creative and fashionable accessory hi-jinks any day.
>>
>>32655394
This. People take for granted a normal design when we could actually get things offensive to the eyes.
>>
>>32655394
Op here, let's not shit on other starters ITT okay? I like all the starters, but it just hurts your argument if you have to insult one design to make another look good.
>>
>>32654162
give it regenerator
give it a whimsicott-tier annoying moveset
>>
Giving it Leaf Guard was just cruel. Its model is sort of bland as well.
>>
>>32656060
Not even that guy, but suck my cock. Ill hate what I want where I want
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.