[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Zygarde in Alola >no story integration despite having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: all_zygarde_formes.png (75KB, 656x738px) Image search: [Google]
all_zygarde_formes.png
75KB, 656x738px
>Zygarde in Alola
>no story integration despite having 4 (3 in-game) forms
>core form is conpletely inaccessible despite arguably being its standard form (the Pokédex says it can't maintain its 10% form for long periods despite that presumably being easier to hold than a 50% form)
>can't access its perfect form without getting its hp down to half, which becomes more difficult ingame the higher level it gets
>can't access its perfect form at all outside battle
>can't use it in ingame battle facilities

Why was Zygarde allowed to be so royally fucked over?
>>
It got a whole fucking anime arc dedicated to it, that's more than most legendaries get
>>
>>32653763
>Watch it in the anime
>Think its cool
>Game version is so underwhelming

If anything it's worse because of that. Especially when the anime focused mainly on the Core form, which isn't even in the fucking game outside of a single picture
>>
>>32653663
Could be worse. It could be Kyurem, which never got a Perfect form at all, or even a good design.
>>
>>32653663
>>Zygarde in Alola
>>no story integration despite having 4 (3 in-game) forms

But I think it does. Sina and Dexio appear and ask the same thing that's on our minds: "What is Zygarde doing in Alola?" They also mention Sycamore as being the one who gives us the Zygarde Cube, so hopefully they're hinting at something in the future that'll tie stuff from X/Y together, too.
>>
>>32653663
>fucked over
>access to pretty much the best move in the game
>perfect form is actually durable
>usable in pretty much any tier it's allowed in
>>fucked over
You faggots are so annoying.
>>
>>32653850
Theyre saving it for the BW remakes in like 4 years. Theyre cutting a LOT of stuff to add hype to remakes
>>
>>32653850
Or a fucking moveset. Why did gen 5 box legends have such shit-tier movepools?
>>
>>32654911
this
the zycuck meme should have died after animeonlyfags were btfo
>>
>Its sharp fangs make short work of finishing off its enemies, but it's unable to maintain this body indefinitely. After a period of time, it falls apart.
Huh. That is weird. I wonder why they put that in?
I know some older dex entries become contradictory, but this is a brand new entry, and they knew it had to stay in at least 10% form in your party.
>>
That may all be true, but being able to build your own Pokemon in a lab is pretty fucking cool, and I hope they find some way to use a similar feature in the future, even if it's just for another legendary Pokemon.
>>
>>32654914
>4 years
Probably more like 6 or 7 at the earliest. Assuming we get DP remakes in next couple years (most likely in gen 8), you're looking at getting potentially a third version or sequel to SM, gen 8 main titles, DP remakes, and possibly even gen 9 main titles before BW remakes.
>>
>>32654943
because dog is the worst form and zggy knows it, so it self destructs after a while so people won't have to look at it
>>
>>32654995
It doesn't actually do that though. You can even mess with it in refresh. What a weird entry.
>>
>>32653663
I am going to preface this statement by saying I am not a fan of Zygarde. In fact, it is one of my least favorite--if not my absolute least favorite--legendary pokemon and overall pokemon released so far.

That said, Gen 6 screwed Zygarde the most. We didn't need a Z version or X2/Y2 whatever you want to call it. Zygarde could have very easily been integrated into XY from the get-go. A lot of Gen 6 feels like missed opportunities, to be honest. Regardless, something that played such a big role in the Anime should not have been an after thought in the games. If they were not able to implement the form changes (for whatever reason) at the time of XY release, it should have been sidelined and revamped for Gen 7.

Instead we have Zygarde playing a meaningless role in XY despite being part of the Kalos legendary trio. Then, we have it shoehorned into SM as a sidequest with absolutely no fanfare. Necrozma seems to follow suit with this trend too.

It's almost like Zygarde was a really shitty clue at something from Gen7 and, maybe, Necrozma is the same type of breadcrumb for gen 8 but I really don't like that idea. It's cheap and makes what should have been a cool in-game event for a legendary pokemon meaningless.

These decisions are baffling and shitty all around.
>>
>>32654914
Did jews take over gamefreak or what?
>>
>>32655146
Gamefreak has always been a business, they've just recently realized it's actually even easier to bleed people dry.
>>
>>32655135
I feel like they rushed out Gen7 without making a third version that used Zygarde in the plot because it was the 20th anniversary and there'd be lots of players coming over from Pokémon Go.

That's why Sun&Moon have so few features compared to Gen6.
>>
>>32655154
no shit captain obvious
>>
>>32655179
Maybe. I liked SM a lot more then I like XY. While SM felt rushed and like there were obviously some cuts to content the games didnt feel lifeless and unfinished like XY did. There was just too much in Kalos that went untouched.

I don't see why a third/sequel version to XY couldn't have served as the 20th tie-in and then get SM out later.
>>
>>32655135
>>32655213
I understand Game Freak shying away from 3rd versions as they have never been as commercially successful as the first pair of games. At the same time, if they're gonna skip them altogether, they need to put as much content and thought into the first sets of games as they did with third versions. I sincerely hope this cliffhanger thing doesn't become a pattern, the only thing it leads to is disappointment and an excuse to release unfinished games.
>>
>>32654943
100% is the main form and all other forms are derivatives. The main website explains that 10% is created from a larger form, and that 10%'s instability is from only having one core available to use.
>>
>>32653763

>anime

Who cares? The games are the only thing that matters in this franchise
>>
Yeah because Xerneas and Yveltal got soooo much story integration.
>>
>>32655545
Gen 6 was shit in general when it came to legendaries

I mean why the fuck was Mewtwo randomly in that cave?
>>
>>32655391
Selling less copies =/= being less commercially successful.

Enhanced editions only take a fraction of time and cost to develop compared to new generations. The model is still popular in games like Monster Hunter and Yokai Watch for that reason.
>>
File: 1487940408469.jpg (47KB, 480x452px) Image search: [Google]
1487940408469.jpg
47KB, 480x452px
>>32655581
Haha Kanto XD
>>
>>32655584
This is what I don't understand

Instead of releasing a pair of games in 2017 and another pair in 2019 surely they could earn more money by polishing the 2017 games as a third game and sell it in 2018.
>>
File: nobodycaresaboutzygarde.png (197KB, 648x640px) Image search: [Google]
nobodycaresaboutzygarde.png
197KB, 648x640px
>>32655584
>>
>>32653850
The original dragon was never meant to be in the games
>>
Conveniently, OP leaves out the fact that Thousand Arrows is so good it makes Ziggy better than Garchomp.
>>
literally your hate for Kalos asked for it
"regressive /vp/"
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.