[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is objectively the best Pokemon game in terms of content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (45KB, 446x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 446x460px
What is objectively the best Pokemon game in terms of content quality and replay ability?
>>
BW2 because medals
>>
>>32653353
Platinum.
>>
>>32653353
XY and Sun and Moon are the best in the series. I played everything from Red and Blue including the side games and nothing beats them.
>>
>>32653383

low quality bait
>>
BW2/HGSS/Platinum
>>
HGSS and B2W2
>>
>>32653383
Anon you're adorable. You even left out the good 3ds game for full bait effect
>>
XY are objectively the best games because they had the most to do. Biggest 'main quest', biggest postgame (no HGSS's bland second region doesn't count), best graphics. The only thing that let it down was the difficulty level being a bit low but Pokemon games have never been hard. I don't get why people are constantly so assmad about the kalos games.
>>
Every Spin-off
>>
Emerald
>>
>>32653353
dash
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-06-02-08-49-47.png (305KB, 800x480px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-06-02-08-49-47.png
305KB, 800x480px
>>32653383
kek, you got me
>>
>>32653433
/Thread
>>
>>32653383
>SM
Enjoy 5 hour of scripted dialog.
>>
>>32653353
HGSS and B2W2
>>
BW2. Maybe HGSS.

Platinum has a pretty big post-game but the main story itself sucks massive horse dick so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>32654029
>but the main story itself sucks massive horse dick so it doesn't really matter
All this bad taste.
>>
>>32653353
Pokemon Rainbow
>>
>>32654036
>>
>>32654053
If you're gonna post a meme opinion at least make sure it's not outdated
>>
>>32653353
PMD Explorers of Sky
>>
>>32653401
I think people are mad with Kalos mostly because of the potential that was there and wasted. But unfortunately, its pretty obvious XY were basically just a tech demo/beta for SM (the existence of non-chibi trainer models in XY despite only being used in a handful of cutscenes and the useless Trainer PR videos kind of suggests this). Plus, the timing of the 20th anniversary really screwed Kalos over since there's no way Game Freak and Nintendo would release a traditionally lower-selling expanded version of an existing game for the anniversary, so we just ended up with a Kalos that never reached its full potential.
>>
File: 1495680176045.jpg (42KB, 347x345px) Image search: [Google]
1495680176045.jpg
42KB, 347x345px
>>32654536
A man of taste I see.
>>
>>32653353
the heartgold and soulsilver games. enough content to keep you satisfied, but wont take you a week to beat them.
huge amount of pokemon to catch
nostalgia value
game es gud
>>
It's either emerald or HG/SS. I would put a slight edge to emerald
>>
>>32654786
>emerald
why?
>>
>>32654790

red/blue are fun for nostalgia purposes but replaying them now gets really old quick.

gen 2 is fun for a bit, but has serious level scaling and balance issues as well as no post game.

Gen 3 has one of the most enjoyable storylines and in-game play throughs of all games, has plenty variety of pokemon, and the emerald battle towers are honestly enough post-game content to keep you occupied.

gen 4 is pretty good too, but playing on the DS is really laggy. Platinum fixed most of the lag but even then I find it a chore to replay.

Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING after gen 4 is boring, dumbed down, and just straight up not fun to play through more than once.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (63KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
63KB, 500x666px
Any PMD game or Stadium 2. The main series games have no difficulty whatsoever and none of your Pokemon choices matter since you can steamroll everything.
>>
>>32653353
For me it's HGSS and BW(2). Something about them makes me want to play them again and again.
>>
>>32653433
came here to say this. its absolutely emerald and anyone who says otherwise has no idea what they are talking about.
>>
>>32653353
Colosseum
>>
>>32654837
i agree with this 100%
and if ds lag is the only downside, just emulate platinum/hgss
>>
>>32653383
(You)
>>
>>32654837
>Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING after gen 4 is boring, dumbed down, and just straight up not fun to play through more than once.
BW/BW2 have excellent replayability. What the literal fuck are you talking about?
>>
HGSS
>>
In terms of content, HGSS. In terms of replayability, either BW2 or XY. Those games have a huge number of Pokemon to select from so you can vary your teams each time you play through it.
>>
I can replay any game from Gen 3 onwards.

That being said, Gen 5 and SM are my favorites
>>
>>32657265
Don't kid yourself Anon gen 5 is arguably the worst gen if it weren't for BW2 it would go down as the worst generation ever
>>
The first three gens are excellent for replayability because they have very few cutscenes and handholding so you can just pick them up and power through them whenever you feel like it. The only real issues they have are the lack of Pokemon selection compared to the later games (particularly BW2, XY and any game with access to Pokemon Bank). But those games end up being more handholdy which can make it a chore to replay at times.
>>
>>32653353
PMD sky or rescue team

if you're talking about main games it's probably platinum or emerald
>>
Emerald
>>
Platiunum / hgss
DPPT is fun but its fucking balls slow. You literally gotta emulate it just to speed up the game when traveling. I like feeling comfy playing but surfing makes me wanna commit in that game, literally the journey to elite 4 cave was harder to do then elite 4.
>>
>content quality
Probably Emerald, Platinum, or BW2 with different rankings based on personal preference
>replayability
RBY for sheer glitchy jank to fuck around with and sequence breaking potential, XY for largest regional dex leading to most options to play around with for your team
>>
>>32658154
>PT
>slow surf

they fixed it in plat
>>
Gale of Darkness
>>
>>32653401

>biggest postgame

XY had what, two hours of post-game? the Looker missions, a couple legendaries, and a Mega Stone fetch-quest. (Chateau doesn't count; everyone since Crystal's had a Battle Tower.)

The other stuff you listed is objective, but the postgame was extremely thin. I mean, I don't even dislike the games, but there's really nothing interesting to do.
>>
>>32657367
>Don't kid yourself Anon
Speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>32658154
Every now and then I fire up DP, enter a battle, and remember why I put it down. The text boxes and HP bars in that game move at a fucking crawl.

Not to mention the "Saving a lot of data.......please wait....." hell every time you so much as glance at the box system.
>>
why most if the replies b/w2?

why is it? have played plack but not yet bw2
>>
>>32658389
The saving a lot of data has a reason, which is encryption.
>>
>>32658471
bw2 were huge improvements over bw, like any third version.

The first games in a generation are usually on the rough side, and a third version lets GF concentrate on gameplay and added features. Emerald expanded the battle tower to the whole frontier among other things, for example. BW2 added back a shitload of old mons, a couple cities, had a pretty decent storyline, rebalanced Unova and unlocked way more of it for the main game, and had a ton of sidequesty stuff to do.

It's absolutely a direct upgrade from BW, and BW2 remain the only games I've ever had my main party naturally reach level 100. (or anywhere north of 70, for that matter) Definitely a high point in the series. I don't know whether I'd choose them over Emerald or HGSS, but if you even just kind of liked BW they're worth playing.
>>
>>32658554
my friend got tons of lvl 70 pokemon in white

is it true you get xp from playing in nimbasa city challenges?
>>
>>32658535
I know mechanically why saving takes time, but it takes an absolutely ridiculous amount of it. Just another nail in its coffin.
>>
>>32658535
>encryption

boyo good thing my Pokemon save file got encrypted. wouldn't want a hacker stealing my info
>>
>>32658562
Which challenge? The musical? Naw. Most of 70-100 comes from the treehollow/tower. It's not hard enough to require a team bred from scratch, so you can still use your in-game team, but it's still enough of a challenge to be interesting.
>>
>>32658566
They improved the process a lot in HGSS so it rarely happens there.

>>32658567
You don't even deserve a serious reply.
>>
>>32658582
don't think he was looking for one, anon
>>
>>32658579
no the one you get to visit after finishing the game

he said he could level up from there
>>
>>32654536
This.

PMD EoS has better plot than any main games, moves are utilized better, having separate ranges, equipment management requires you to think, there's landscapes to enjoy, and there's more to the game than 4h.

And NPC's are actually likeable
>>
>>32653353
B2W2
>>
Any game which included the Battle Factory.
>>
i think emerald was pretty nice
>>
the only good pokémon games are romhacks
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.