[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Baton pass is still banned Smogon still can't adapt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1314623423102.gif (17KB, 246x703px) Image search: [Google]
1314623423102.gif
17KB, 246x703px
>Baton pass is still banned
Smogon still can't adapt to the games beyond gen iv. and no, its not about 'SR should also be banned', they can't ban SR because than they will have no choice but to admit to themselves that they still play the ever changing meta with the blitz mentality of gen1.
I doubt people will stop playing smogon overthis (you already knew how they are a long time ago) but for anyone thinking smogon rank means anything about a pokemon, stop and play vgc.
>>
File: image.jpg (215KB, 1659x930px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
215KB, 1659x930px
>>32652757
>>
how many threads complaining about smogon really need to be made? fuck it, this dumbass obviously wants (You)s so give them to me instead
>>
>>32652772
Here (You) go
>>
>blitz mentality of gen 1
have you even played gen 1... its the opposite of blitz... these idiots that started comp in xy think they know anything about older gens is funny.
>>
File: 1473307615432.png (1MB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1473307615432.png
1MB, 720x1280px
If game freak won't give people an official 6v6 singles format fans are going to make one. That comes with problems. At least they try to base bans on usage and what a majority vote of top players think. Sure that creates a meta thats tends to be more about being popular then being objective, but 6v6 is always going to be a mess. Game freak didn't pick the number 6 with healthy meta in mind, so its not exactly something that you can manage effectively. You can always play 3v3 battle spot, which is a different meta, which I highly prefer. It even lacks those pointy rocks you all seem to hate, at least for the most part.
>>
>>32652790
I know people won't stop playing, but BP ban is just another reason not to use smogon's tier to evaluate a pokemon usefullness.
'its good if you bp to it' may be stale, but 'its a good pokemon to bp stats to others' isn't.

>>32652777
im not talking about pvp, im talking about how ingame speed and power are the only things you need.
>>
>>32653063
sounds like every pokemon in game ever
fucking idiots can't accept that some people actually wanna play by smogon rules because gamefreak/tpc is too incompetent to do it themselves
>>
>>32653071
>sounds like every pokemon in game ever
you mean 'sounds like every pokemon game since gen1'.
but if power and speed are all there is to it, why bans can exist? because shadow tag/ohko/moody/bp/... is not how smogonfags used to play the games so they ban it. and after ruining the part of the game that stops power/speed, hey ban some power/speed builds (such as drizzle+swift swim) to make up for it.

at any rate, smogon tiers means little. stop calling stuff shitmons if you can't play the real meta.
>>
>>32653095
you seem to have trouble with english so I'll try to bare with you a bit.

>you mean sounds like every pokemon game since gen 1
you literally just repeated what i said

>but if power and speed are all there is to it, why bans can exist?
because power and speed isn't all there is to it.

>because shadow tag/ohko/moody/bp is not how smogonfags used to play the games so they ban it
what does this even mean? are you saying bp didn't exist in gens prior to gen 7 or something? because it did in every single gen since it was introduced. shadow tag was in gen 3 and was broken because of what pokemon had it causing infinite battles, hence banned. moody was introduced in gen 5 and is extremely stupid. you can't tell me as a person who plays by the "real meta" you actually liked getting moody'd in vgc2016. ohko is just stupid for both parties involved, if you need to rely on a 30% hit to stop your opponent then you probably shouldn't be playing.

>and after ruining the part of the game that stops power/speed
ohko doesn't have to do with power/speed, shadow tag doesn't have to do with power/speed, moody doesn't always correlate to power/speed, and bp is power/speed on pokemon that aren't supposed to have that sort of power/speed any other way.

>hey ban some power/speed builds such as drizzleswim to make up for it
again what does this mean? drizzleswim is allowed in every gen except for 5/6, and thats only because of permanent weather.

>at any rate smogon tiers means little
you're right. doesn't mean people can't play and enjoy them though.

>stop calling shitmons if you can't play the real meta
you're telling me that in your "real meta" every single pokemon is useable?

again, stfu fucking tripfag
>>
>>32653173
>you literally just repeated what i said
i meant ever since smogonfags started playing pokemon all they knew was speed and power.

>because power and speed isn't all there is to it.
unless you start banning stuff that can't be countered with even more power and speed.

>what does this even mean?
it means its hard to counter psychic mons with dark type mons when you are locked in.
it means like it or not, moody is a thing.
it means ohko are perfect for walls as they can sit around a turn or 4 waiting for it to work.

>it doesn't stop power speed
those are good moves that helps people to play the game other than 'excute the most damaging move on turn one'.

>gen7 smogon allows for heat rock drought and chlorophil
well thats a step in the right direction.

>every single pokemon
no, but much more than exists in OU.

again, git gud.
>>
>>32653231
>i meant ever since smogonfags started playing pokemon all they knew was speed and power.
your statement doesn't make sense at all. There are a shit ton of pokemon that are used that aren't "power/speed" pokemon. Even since the beginning. Tell me where chansey in gen 1 fits into your power/speed theory? Or gen 2 suicune/umbreon/forretress/blissey/cloyster/steelix/exeggutor/miltank/misdreavus/forretress? Or gen3 skarmbliss, claydol, suicune again, milotic, vaporeon, porygon2 dusclops, weezing? Or gen 4 skarmbliss, nidoqueen, uxie, forretress, bronzong, gliscor, hippowdon, swampert, milotic, vaporeon? Or most of gen 5 where rain/sand balance was the predominate play?

>unless you start banning stuff that can't be countered with even more power and speed.
how is speed/power a counter to any of the 4 things you listed previously? Shadow tag comes in on pokemon it can beat causing you ont to switch to your "speed power counter". OHKO just kills you. Moody outspeeds and outpowers you half the time and the other half you just miss it. BP you get outsped and outpowered with anything.

>it means its hard to counter psychic mons with dark type mons when you are locked in.
wtf are you saying

>it means like it or not, moody is a thing.
yes its a thing, and its a stupid thing, hence its ban.

>it means ohko are perfect for walls as they can sit around a turn or 4 waiting for it to work.
or you could just use a wallbreaker and not rely on 30% chances that can lead to your opponent just taking advantage of the fact that you're gonna miss almost everytime.

>those are good moves that helps people to play the game other than 'excute the most damaging move on turn one'.
99% of good players don't play by that.

>well thats a step in the right direction.
chlorophyll has literally never been banned until recently in black/white.

>no, but much more than exists in OU.
doubt.

>again, git gud.
see yah at the bottom of battle spot
>>
>>32653276
>There are a shit ton of pokemon that are used that aren't "power/speed"
lately playstyles that deviate too much from what smogon can handles are banned. thats a fact.

>how those stuff helps
it means you don't have to use genie EQ to ko enemy pokemons. it means that moody and bp takes longer to set-up and are not natural for blitz players.

>its stupid so its banned
i think its banned cause smogon doesn't like using haze. but you know what? maybe im wrong. why is moody stupid?

>im gonna switch on my wall breaker!
and im gonna use ohko, 1/3 times ur wall breaker is kill. if not, i could always switch to something else. you gonna switch to your sweeper again, ill switch to my wall again. one of those times, ohko will hit.

>99% of good players don't play by that.
thats correct. the game isn't about blitz but about startegy.

>doubt
grass type for one gets a huge boost when sleep clause isn't around, because the more reiable sleep inducing moves are both more common among and negetad by grass types. im not saying sunflora is suddenly topdog, but still.
>>
>>32653276
Stop giving him (you)s
>>
Do you understand why these things are banned on Smogon?
Because the people that play the Smogon meta want it. Smogon doesn't generally ban anything itself outside of cases where it's obviously broken.
They view data, and then they let people that know how to play the meta make the call.
If you don't like it, you have two options. Either git gud and let your opinion be known, or just don't play under Smogon rules. Nothing, and I mean nothing is forcing you to play Smogon rules.
>>
>>32653413
i don't care how you guys play in your private sandbox, I just don't like when people use smogon tiers as if they are any indication to how good a pokemon is.
>>
>>32652790
There is much simpler thing to make cool meta:
Themed months.
>>
>>32653231
>no, but much more than exists in OU.
Reminder that tiers are based on usage. It's what people actually USE.
They're used because that's what works.
Yet, at the same time, something not being in OU is not a sign that the Pokemon is automatically considered shit. It's just not used enough for it's place, probably because something else will generally do it's job better. If you think a Pokemon outside of OU does a specific job on your team better than anything else, you use it. That's how simple it is.
>>
>>32653361
>
i think its banned cause smogon doesn't like using haze. but you know what? maybe im wrong. why is moody stupid?
i guess people in vgc2016 should've just used haze :)

>it means that moody and bp takes longer to set-up and are not natural for blitz players.
thats not true at all? the reason they're banned is because they're broken. Not because people aren't used to it.
>one of those times, ohko will hit.
and the other 7 times it doesn't hit you lost the match because you decide to rely on that shit instead of actually building a proper team

>thats correct. the game isn't about blitz but about startegy.
which apparently you don't know how to use mr ohko

>grass type for one gets a huge boost when sleep clause isn't around
smogon doubles doesn't have sleep clause. grass types are still not used outside of amoonguss.

final (you) im giving you. nice headcanon meta you have going on there and nice smogon boogey strawmen. again, see you on the bottom of wherever you decide to play!
>>
>>32653416
Post a pokemon you think is good in contrast to its tier on smogon.
>>
>>32653417
Alright I'm intrigued

>>32653419
thats nice anon, but people still use 'PU shitter' in ref to pokemons. your argument is one ill use as well at those people (if you don't mind) tough they would still have counter arguments.

>>32653422
>>32653427
to many people to converse with. im leaving.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.