[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could Nintendo ever pull off an open world BOTW style Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: BOTW-Share_icon.jpg (237KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
BOTW-Share_icon.jpg
237KB, 1200x630px
Could Nintendo ever pull off an open world BOTW style Pokemon MMO? With all of the regions from past pokemon games being added as expansion packs and pokemon/items being stored server side. Kind of aggravating that this game is still primarily on handhelds when there is so much potential for an MMO.
>>
>Pokémon MMO meme is alive in 2017
>>
>>32642780
>Could Nintendo ever pull off an open world BOTW style Pokemon MMO?
No.

>With all of the regions from past pokemon games
NO. Why the fuck do people always ask about a game with every region. It's such a genuinely bad idea.
>>
>>32642780
Game Freak is too lazy for any of that. They make easy money by just slightly updating the same game again and again.
>>
>Could Nintendo ever pull off -

No. I'm just going to stop you right there. No, nintendo can't pull anything off because Nintendo in 2017 is a shit company that has no idea how to make quality video games anymore.
>>
>>32642853
why is this a bad idea
>>
>>32642780
>BOTW style
>MMO

Pick one you fucking moron
>>
>>32642884
>>>/v/
>>
>>32642780
>>32642853
>>32642884

GameFreak.
Sure, Nintendo probably could. GF, though? No way.
>>
Actually thinking on it I wouldn't mind a sort of online League. Basically a mix of online and Battle tree. A few random NPC E4 trainers and a champion which consists of a team of an online player that already beat the league. Have random E4 trainers and different online teams would be a neat idea
>>
>>32642976
The Battle Tower in Japanese Crystal was sorta like that, I think. If you were good enough, you could become a Room Leader and stuff like that.
>>
>>32642780
This is the dream. GF will never do it though. They became hacks after they saw they could make more money with less content in RSE.
>>
>>32643011
>less in content in RSE
Like what?
>>
>>32642916

A game with every region is a whole bunch of regions with nothing in them instead of one game with some content in them. Having every region being stuffed full of all the content would take too long to make and most players wouldn't even bother playing past two regions anyway.
>>
>>32642916
Because you can't milk the series any further when there exists a game with all the regions in it. Also, good luck with game balance.
>>
>>32643018

Proper day/night cycle for starters.
>>
>>32643039
The original GBA didn't have neither a frontlit screen like the first GBA SP nor the much better backlit screen like the second GBA SP and GB micro. Therefore, daytime cycles wouldn't work since everything was dark already anyway.
>>
Nope, since MMOs are universally garbage

Could go for the BotW approach with a single region single player game though
>>
>>32643031
>>32643035
What about just a single player BOTW games with regions slowly being added to it over time? I hate that each pokemon game is self-contained. I'd like interactivity between regions.
>>
>>32643107

Also a terrible idea. Casuals (90% of the fanbase) would get bored long before more regions got added. The current system is far more profitable.
>>
>>32643133
See Pokémon GO for an example of hype going downhill pretty fast.
>>
If they changed the combat system it could work.
>>
File: 1430881894068.png (26KB, 100x140px) Image search: [Google]
1430881894068.png
26KB, 100x140px
>>32642780
>BOTW style Pokemon
>>
>>32643148

A major overhaul on combat would make compatilbity with current mons a bitch and people would complaina bout not being able to use the ones they've raised already.
>>
File: oh.png (72KB, 258x190px) Image search: [Google]
oh.png
72KB, 258x190px
I had a pretty cool dream recently along these lines, where I had to scale a huge mountain to find and battle a legendary at the top, which I'd spotted from a distance and had disappeared into the cloud cover surrounding the mountain. Was kinda sad when I woke up and realised something like that would never happen/never be realised properly by GF.
>>
File: PWT_Fuuro_vs_Nagi.jpg (691KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
PWT_Fuuro_vs_Nagi.jpg
691KB, 1900x1000px
>>32642916
The meat of the region is the game's plot. Earning more badges serves no purpose. If the point is a to revisit familiar faces, the PWT does just that
>>
>>32643107
I hate that they aren't more self-contained.
>>
File: again.jpg (199KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
again.jpg
199KB, 1280x720px
>>32642780
Oh look, one of THESE threads again.
>>
>>32643340
so basically no matter what gamefreak does everyone will complain and hate it but it will still sell millions
>>
>With all of the regions
Stopped reading there
>>
A BOTW style single player game would work
>>
>>32642780
>MMO
Fuck off
>All regions
Fuck off

A BoTW style pokemon game with 2 regions would be cool. Two new regions, or one new and one old (similar to gen 2).
>>
No thanks.

The formula is perfected no need to change it up
>>
No. Fuck if with this shitty meme.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.