[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I mean, I get it Sugimori was a shill ever since he worked for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: Sugimoris Hellspawn.png (134KB, 327x599px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimoris Hellspawn.png
134KB, 327x599px
I mean, I get it Sugimori was a shill ever since he worked for Gamefreak. He shilled a lot of times. But those things he shilled were mostly his own creations. This on the other hand is a new low. I never would've thought that he would sink this low. Just remember all the fantastic fanart we had of an awesome, well liked Litten evolution. Gamefreak probably had one too. But this is the part where the shill, Sugimori comes in. Because he is a shill and likes Tiger Mask, something no one except him knows what this shit even is, he came up with a brilliant idea. He told the designer of Litten's evolution to scrap the thing and make things go his way. Though instead of designing this shill abomination himself he got an absolute amateur with no understanding of design to do it. This made Sugimori's shilling even worse, spawning this... questionable design. Now as if this wasn't enough he even ensured that it gets promoted the way he wants. How can he get away with this? How can he get away with shilling another unpopular franchise, ruining a decent starter design and bringing the terrible fanbase of it to /vp/?
>>
Reminder that Sugimori also designed Venusaur, probably the ugliest and most hated Kanto starter ever
>>
>>32640787
>the ugliest and most hated Kanto starter ever
[citation needed]
>>
>>32640787
Venusaur is bro, much better than shillzard the fat dragon
>>
>>32640787
Agreed
>>
>>32640791
*Sugimori asked about Venusaur in an interview*:
"Holy fucking shit did I really create this fucking abomination? I guess I was just a shit artist back then"
Google it, kiddo
>>
File: 003Venusaur_RG.png (1MB, 1088x905px) Image search: [Google]
003Venusaur_RG.png
1MB, 1088x905px
>>32640787
>>
File: 006Charizard_RG.png (1MB, 1016x1166px) Image search: [Google]
006Charizard_RG.png
1MB, 1016x1166px
>>32640802
>>
File: 1477996880700.jpg (403KB, 1000x911px) Image search: [Google]
1477996880700.jpg
403KB, 1000x911px
>>32640787

Shit taste
>>
File: 009Blastoise_RG.png (747KB, 790x846px) Image search: [Google]
009Blastoise_RG.png
747KB, 790x846px
>>32640806
>>
>>32640791
>>32640796
>>32640802
>>32640808
If you didn't pick these exact starters for each gen you have objectively horrible taste
>Charizard
>Typhlosion
>Sceptile
>Empoleon
>Boxed
>Greninja
>Decidueye
>>
>>32640829
>yellowman
>school shooter
No thx
>>
>>32640829
Wow you got me to a t

Except I didn't like any gen 7 starters
>>
>>32640845
You have garbage taste
>>
File: 1493516662640.jpg (40KB, 564x447px) Image search: [Google]
1493516662640.jpg
40KB, 564x447px
If you use the word shill unironically or ironically you are part of the group of cancer that effectively killed this website.
>>
>>32640782
Since it's pretty obvious Incineroar was designed by Sugimori, who do you think designed the other 2? I'm 99% sure Primarina had a female designer, since I usually see female gamefreak artists like Saya Tsuruta show some love for the line.
>>
>>32640800
Except he didn't say that. He doesn't like it as much as the other final-stage starters because Venusaur's design is complex.
>>
Owlcucks sure are going insane lately with cat hate. I love it.
>>
>>32640829
5/7

Venusaur and Swampert
>>
>>32640898
>Liking fatties
Neck yourself
>>
>>32640782

I'm just so tired of hating this thing. I still hate it, but now I just try to pretend it doesn't exist. Other people like it for some reason so I don't want to make anyone feel bad. I like Samurott and Serperior so who am I to judge about unpopular starters.
>>
>>32640829
You got 3rd and 4th gen right
>>
>>32640922
>Includes Charizard in list
>>
>>32640945
He just has wide hips
>>
File: grrr.jpg (82KB, 900x430px) Image search: [Google]
grrr.jpg
82KB, 900x430px
>>32640829
>Boxing Samurott
>Implying Unova has any better Water types
>>
>>32640933
A reasonable Incineroar hater? No way.

I hate Samurwott but like Incineroar so I am opposite you. Serperior is great too though.
>>
>>32640969
>implying in-game has any kind of difficulty
I beat the game with 3 grass types, a Swanna, and a Bisharp.
>>
Fuck him for ruining the Goomy Line.
>>
>>32640950
And a fat belly
>>
>>32641042
Furfag
>>
Huh, correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Japanese not giving a shit towards whether or not Incineroar is Tiger Mask based?

I mean, I get making a design based on something you love but, don't expect everyone to like it either, wrestling is well liked all around the world, but not EVERYONE likes and/or enjoys/sees it, which may further diminish Incineroar's impact and make the one subjected to it think it's just one of the many Fire starters that would inevitably become bipedal, which may or may not be to the persons' taste.

Add that to Incineroar's creepily humanoid, not even digitigrade physique and you've got a whole lot of grossed out people that don't feel that up to petting... a human in a tiger suit. Unless they're furries or incredibly innocent minded.

As a former wrestling fan (I don't grew to hate it, just outgrew it but respect the wrestlers), Incineroar does jack shit to me. I don't even mind tigers (or cats, pretty big fan of them when they aren't shedding fur everywhere), but the color palette and design thing isn't doing jack to me.
>>
>>32640875
>Primarina

Same designer that handled Serperior, Braixen and Delphox. Resemblance is uncanny regarding certain details.
>>
>>32640782
kido, I won't repeat myself, his design is fina and makes perfect sense for battle, he must not be pretty, he need be able to kill, unfortunately in games he's shit... thanks gf, we always can count on your ideas
>>
>>32640883
But he totally did though
>>
>>32641550

is fine*
>>
>>32641042

Yeah, there's no point in hating something that's going to exist anyway. Not like hating it will make it disappear.
I get not liking Samurott. The design has its flaws and could be much better but I still like it for what it is. I even get the complaints about Serperior even though I think it's an overall great design.
>>
>>32640883
>he doesn't know
>>
>>32640782
But incineroar has a good design
>>
>>32640969
You forgot Jellicent.
>>
>>32640933
>But now I just try to pretend it doesn't exist

Funny, I barely even cared about him. Primarina's the one that pissed me off more than it should, even though I didn't know what it could become. People had fun ideas regarding sea lion clowns so I guess I got too used to that idea once I stumbled into them.

Popplio simply shed its skin to appeal to people that likes anything as long it's pleasing to the eyes. Had it turned any way different but kept its motif, people would hate it because "it's no longer cute".
>>
File: 1494194794907.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494194794907.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>32643591
>kept its motif
Once again, you not understanding the evolution of a performer through different stages and going from comedy relief to star of the show, literally a primadonna (first lady), doesn't mean the line abandoned its theme.
Different stages of the line represent different theatrical archetypes, starting from a Sea Lion that can perform simple tricks and creates bubbles from its nose, to a dancer which "slaps" the baloons into its target and finally to a lead, soloist singer which uses its voice to control them and attack the opponent.
Popplio is described in almost every official material as a hardworker and so is Brionne, staying a "clown" instead of working itself up through different, more respectable and admirable stages of entertainment and operatic archetypes wouldn't have been evolution. It would have been a failure.
Obviously you can dislike this entire concept, that's up to you, but it's much, much deeper than "now it's good looking".
>>
>>32640829
>Gen 5
>boxed

Anyone who boxes their starter is a faggot.
>>
A lot of assblasted contrarians whining in this thread, huh?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.