[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>We will never ever get quality pokemon titles like SS/HG,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 12

File: ss-004.jpg (93KB, 272x408px) Image search: [Google]
ss-004.jpg
93KB, 272x408px
>We will never ever get quality pokemon titles like SS/HG, Platinum or WB2 again

3Dgens was a mistake.
>>
>Male Meganium
>Female Typhlosion
Perfection.
>>
>quality Pokemon titles

lmao
>>
I would usually defend ORAS as a quality title but I am starting to doubt if the game deserves to be defended, recently.

Not having Gym Leader rematches and a Game Corner replacement are a bit too much on top of the lack of a Battle Frontier.

Even fucking XY had Gym Leader rematches.

That said, Emerald is much better than Platinum, OP.
>>
>>32639918
>Not having Gym Leader rematches
RS and FRLG don't have them either.

>Game Corner replacement
The US started censoring Gamblers, then South Korea and then Europe started censoring the Game Corners. Why should Game Freak bother when soccer moms will get their way anyway?

>lack of a Battle Frontier
Meh, it's not as important as anons on /vp/ make it out to be.

>Emerald is much better than Platinum
They're both equally good.
>>
File: (you).jpg (89KB, 1086x724px) Image search: [Google]
(you).jpg
89KB, 1086x724px
>>32639927
>when a retard uses the "durr originals didn't have them so remakes don't need them to be good" excuse
>>
>>32639941
>reading comprehension
>>
>>32639918
i disagree with no game corner replacement, lack of battle frontier and emerald being better than platinum.

but i have to agree with lack of gym leader rematches.
>>
>>32639167
>SS/HG, Platinum
>quality Pokemon titles

Nice meme, Sinnohfetus. You just listed the worst games in the franchise.
>>
>>32639956
>when a retard "was merely pretending" to be retarded
>>
File: 1411180612225.png (259KB, 798x457px) Image search: [Google]
1411180612225.png
259KB, 798x457px
>>32639167

>Calls HG/SS Quality
>Omits B/W

I'm going to assume you haven't played either in years then.
>>
>>32639927
>RS and FRLG don't have them either.
Those don´t count since Gym Leader rematches weren´t introduced until Emerald. ORAS not having GLR after the last Hoenn game, Emerald, had them is a huge low blo for me. Especially when even a weak game like XY managed to include GLR.
>The US started censoring Gamblers, then South Korea and then Europe started censoring the Game Corners. Why should Game Freak bother when soccer moms will get their way anyway?
I understand the reasoning, but actually leaving the Game Corner building in the game, feels like an additional spit in the face for the fans of RSE.

If Game Freak were smart, they would´ve placed the Mauville Food Court where the closed Game Corner is, a remix of the Game Corner theme would sound inside, and a random NPC inside would tell you that the owner decided to change his business from gambling to a Battling Restaurant.

So much more elegant than having a closed building there.

>Meh, it's not as important as anons on /vp/ make it out to be.

I agree completely. The BF is an Emerald exclusive facility and is a lot of work to include. As long as ORAS had the Game Corner, Match Call, and Gym rematches I would have been fine.

The BF is a big, time consuming feature to make. So I can understand them not bothering to make it when this isn´t an Emerald remake. But not bothering with those smaller things screams laziness to me desu

>They´re both equally good.
Emerald has 3 more battle facilities than Platinum (2 more at the BF, and also Trainer Hill)
So I´d say Emerald is at least a little better. Not to mention I think Hoenn is a better region than Sinnoh.
>>
HG/SS is trash, and B2W2 is overhyped just because it is SLIGHTLY better than BW which is bad. Platinum is the only objectively good DS Pokemon, so get over it lad.
>>
>>32641080
>wahhhh it sucks because it's popular!!!!!!
/vp/ in a nutshell
>>
>>32640044
>ORAS not having GLR after the last Hoenn game, Emerald, had them is a huge low blo for me. Especially when even a weak game like XY managed to include GLR.
I don't disagree.

>they would´ve placed the Mauville Food Court where the closed Game Corner is, a remix of the Game Corner theme would sound inside, and a random NPC inside would tell you that the owner decided to change his business from gambling to a Battling Restaurant
You mean like the Battleground in Sinnoh?

>Match Call
Eh, this was just a different implementation of Trainer's Eyes, no?

>Emerald has 3 more battle facilities than Platinum (2 more at the BF, and also Trainer Hill)
Well, more doesn't necessarily mean better. And Trainer Hill was only added because of Trainer Tower in FRLG. Both were used with the e-Reader in Japan so they lost their charm in the localizations.
>>
File: ok.jpg (9KB, 156x153px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
9KB, 156x153px
>>32639167
>HGSS
>Good
>>
File: stop_liking_file.jpg (125KB, 321x360px) Image search: [Google]
stop_liking_file.jpg
125KB, 321x360px
>>32641330
>ITT
>>
File: 1479757400142.png (147KB, 480x587px) Image search: [Google]
1479757400142.png
147KB, 480x587px
>>32641330
>>32641080
>>32639965
>>32639194

>i'm le contrarian xd
>>
>sonic 06
>nn-n-o p-post-game!
>I already returned *insert newest nintendo game*
>I bought *insert newest console* I swear but nobody should! It's shit and breaks!
>the problem with ORAS!
>this disaaaaaaaster!
>what went wrong?!
>defend this!
>*insert the word "gyms" without context*
>ROUTE ONE!!!!!111
>*insert newest game* is the easiest EVER
>*insert newest game* has the least post-game EVER
>I had ONE pokemon, never grinded and one-shotted everybody until the league! It was this easy I swear!
>*insert newest feature/character* is horrible because it lacks "charm" and it's not "fullyfying"
>I play every game for 20 years since R/B but *insert newest game* was the first time EVER I gave up and couldnt continue!
>this *newest nintendo game* sold like shit! It's dead in the water!
>it's made for k-kids! No pokemon game ever was before!
>*insert non-/vp/related reaction pic*
>>
File: 1494029555874.jpg (214KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1494029555874.jpg
214KB, 1280x720px
>>32642507
>>32642685
NO!
It's not about that you donkey!

I'm telling you, objectively, that it's not a "good" game.
HGSS have the worst game design with ORAS, therefore you can't qualify it as a "good game", that's it.

But you can like it despite its flaws, sure...
I liked the game when I didn't knew what was a good game design.
Now that I know, I personnally despise it and can't bear it.
>>
>>32642857
You wouldn't know good game design if it smacked you in the face.
>>
>>32642857
>babby thinks he knows shit now because he took one game design class
Cute
>>
File: hgss.png (971KB, 1997x2916px) Image search: [Google]
hgss.png
971KB, 1997x2916px
>>32642889
What's your point?
>>
>>32642920
>you're fifteen levels higher than anything
Only if you're a power-creep scrub that doesn't know how to make balanced teams. I was at about the same levels as the NPC Trainers and with a team of 6 Pokémon.
>>
File: tfw no stab.png (95KB, 514x665px) Image search: [Google]
tfw no stab.png
95KB, 514x665px
>>32642914
I'm not an expert or anything, it's principally compared to the others pokemon games.
>>32642948
Yeah, didn't make that, I know this.
But the pic still show how bad is the game design.
The main game of HGSS still felt boring and too easy with a balanced team, principally after gym 3.
>>
>>32642948
It should say fifteen levels higher than anything that isn't a boss fight for half of Johto. That is a legitimate issue with part of the game, just not all of it.
>>
File: cce.gif (3MB, 500x283px) Image search: [Google]
cce.gif
3MB, 500x283px
Which gen should i play next? I feel like nuzlockeing
>>
File: IMG_3667.jpg (22KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3667.jpg
22KB, 340x340px
>>32639167
>SS/HG
>not HGSS
>WB2
>not B2W2 or at least BW2

I'm genuinely triggered, well played.
>>
>>32643155
>RS
Pretty boring except for Steven's Metagross

>E
Never played it, but I think it has a tougher level curve?

>FRLG
Very easy, though it has a though we level curve than RS

>Pt
Patrician choice. Strong Pokemon with good coverage in many battles, such as those double ace trainers on route 210, Distortion World Cyrus, and basically all of the League.

>HGSS
Shitty level curve and terrible enemy move sets means that there's no reason for you to ever lose a Pokemon. At least if you go to Red, it's pretty long?

>BW
Haven't played it for a while. I guess Lenora is kind of hard.

>BW2
Though the gym leaders only have 3 Pokemon, they have pretty good move sets compared to gen 3 games. Clay's Excadrill comes to mind. At least some trainers like Ghetsis and Iris have full, tough teams.

>XY
Doing a wonderlocke can be fun. If you turn off the Exp Share, the level curve can be kind of hard.
>>
>>32643414
>though we
*tougher
>>
>>32643026
All the pokemon games are too easy if you have a well balanced team. It's almost like they were made for 8-year-olds
>>
File: clown.jpg (24KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
clown.jpg
24KB, 288x288px
>>32639167
>pokemon titles like Platinum or BW2 again
Wow, it's almost like third version games are more polished or something
>>
>>32643520
Well-balanced team != too leveled up

You scrub.
>>
But fourth gen is easily the worst generation, especially HeGoSoSi.
>>
>>32643520
Never felt that way this much for others games.
Recently, SM was kinda challenging without exp share.
>>
>>32643615
>>32643634
You niggers suck at a children's game then. Usually I'm slightly underleveled compared to the gym I'm challenging and I don't have problems with any of them.
>>
>>32643632
>HeGoSoSi
How to spot autism.
>>
>>32643646
I didn't say it was hard, you dummy. Learn to read.
>>
>>32639941
based bubbles poster.
>>
>>32639991
>literally mentioned BW2
>>
You guys do know that most HGSS hate is done by falseflaggers who dont hate the games, but love chaos right?
>>
>>32644009
I thought it was just the new bandwagon the kids on this board are jumping on but falseflaggers starting all of it makes sense
>>
>>32644009
no
don't be delusional
accept just the truth
>>
>>32644009
>everyone loves fighting level 20 Koffings that only use Tackle, all these people must be false flaggers!
C'mon anon, HGSS are great for nostalgia but the battles in them are pretty fucking boring until after you finish Kanto.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.