[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you know the REAL problem with Sun and Moon? It's not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 6

File: 1494286617651.jpg (38KB, 474x497px) Image search: [Google]
1494286617651.jpg
38KB, 474x497px
Do you know the REAL problem with Sun and Moon?

It's not the cut-scenes or Lillie it's the lack of diversity.
No, not (((diversity)))) but Pokemon diversity.

With over 700 Pokemon now available you could create some interesting locations, however.

- There are 17 routes in Alola and Yungoos and Rattata's families inhabit 12 of them and 11 other locations.

- Zubat and Diglett in every cave! There are two locations that only consist of the two.

- Do you like Finneon, Wingull and Tentacool? Good, because that's all you're going to see while surfing.

- There are some locations such as Malie Garden that contain nothing but Pokemon from previous locations. Melemele itself and Brooklet Hill.

So many newer Pokemon can only be found in single locations with low encounter rates. Pyukumuku, Dhelmise and Bruxish come to mind. And I don't know if the big boys at Game Freak forgot but we all know there are Pokemon missing from the Pokedex that should have been include such as the Oddish line. Hell there are even weeds in Mallow's trial that attack you if you pull the wrong one.

Anyway, what do you think? Which Pokemon should have been included into the Alola Pokedex?
Speaking of the Pokedex. Rotom doesn't register itself.
>>
>>32636435
>bring up a legit criticism of pokemon sm
>nobody cares because pokebarneyfag has poisoned the well so bad that everyone assumes it's bait
>>
The dex was fine, too much variety just makes the region feel disconnected like Kalos. What sucked was Alola itself, as a set of levels in a video game. Easily the worst region.
>>
>>32636491
>Implying it's not the cut-and-paste Mario biomes that make Kalos feel disconnected
>>
>>32636504
It's both. Kalos doesn't have an identity because it's overwhelmingly reliant on old Pokemon. The dex is upwards 80% old Pokemon.

Diversity is a good thing but they need better ratio of old:new ones
>>
>>32636491
Seeing the same shit over and over again doesn't make the region more "connected." It just makes it bland.
>>
>>32636519
Hard to have a good ratio of new:old ones when you're introducing 50 new non-legendaries and you need to have a sizable dex for it to not feel tiny as shit.
>>
It really is frustrating. Take away the thrill of finding new Pokemon and you're left with an extremely mediocre RPG.
>>
>>32636491
It's not the AMOUNT of pokemon. 300+2 is a solid dex size for one game.

It's how the rarities are spread. Common pokemon are super common and rare pokemon are super rare. It's worse when fishing and you don't know about the bubbling mechanic.
>>
>>32636533
I'd say it isn't an rpg. It's a creature raising game with some rpg elements to it. Someone seems to have convinced gf otherwise though and they're putting more emphasis on the rpg elements than the creatures themselves and weakening the franchise.
>>
>>32636579
Lmao Pokemon is definitely an rpg
>>
This is the biggest reason I want Stars
That regional dex needs to be atleast doubled
>>
File: why the fuck 2.0.png (20KB, 739x115px) Image search: [Google]
why the fuck 2.0.png
20KB, 739x115px
Does someone at GF have this flying toilet as a favorite pokemon or something? Who'd he blow to get this undeserving fuck Drizzle?
>>
>>32636622
well it does have access to hurricane and it is a water type so....
>>
>>32636595

>JRPG

Corrected.
>>
>>32636435

Considering we just had fucking ORAS, the tropical theme was already kind of boring.
And the several gen 3 Pokemon in the game dex should have been removed. That's something like 20 hoenn pokes that we just finished seeing every fucking where
>>
>>32636690
>spinda should have been removed
no stop
>>
>>32636716
>spinda is in the alola dex

this is news to me
>>
>>32636435
I might be mistaken but I do not think horsea was in the alola dex. I would want one to use for the early game
>>
>>32636690
>Considering we just had fucking ORAS, the tropical theme was already kind of boring
i don't understand why no one ever criticized that aspect of SM?
>>
>>32636435
It's really is frustrating, since It's Take away the thrill of finding new Pokémon and you're left with boring region.
>>
>Region is in a tropical setting
>Tropius is literally the "fruit" pokemon
>Resembles a palm tree
>Was not seen ANYWHERE in Sun or Moon
Game Freak are you high
>>
>>32636865
here's your (You) gb
>>
File: fd.png (61KB, 517x369px) Image search: [Google]
fd.png
61KB, 517x369px
>>32636904
thanks
>>
Totally. I'm on my second playthrough and Melemele is such a drag due to its boring selection of mons.
>>
File: die.jpg (255KB, 1961x1831px) Image search: [Google]
die.jpg
255KB, 1961x1831px
>800 pokemon
>magikarp/wingull/rattata/zubat/geodude are still used ad nauseum
>>
>>32636635
What about that shitty abomination of a bird screams "rain summoner?" Kyogre is self explanatory and i'm sure there's some bullshit japanese legend about frogs summoning rain or something dumb. There's like a hundred other water types and i'm sure most of those are more deserving
>>
>>32639053
Pretty sure you saw the Roggenrola line way more than Geodude.
>>
>>32639076
Things that pelicans have symbolized in mythology and legends:
>Death
>Afterlife
>Protection
>Transporting water/transporting things and people over water
>Self-sacrifice
>Jesus
>Killing its own children and reviving them with its magical blood (both medieval Christians and ancient India have this)

Nothing about rain
>>
>>32639076

seagulls live in coastal areas and beaches. Alola is based on hawaii. That's why wingull got special treatment this gen
>>
>>32636504
This.
>We're in a Frontier Town
>Now where in a Japanese Town
>Now we're in a city
>Now we're in Chinatown

Is this a thing in Hawaii?
>>
>>32639205
Ants are everywhere too. By this logic, Durant should be everywhere. I'm sick of seeing this thing.
>>
Daily reminder that SM has the least amount of its gen's National Dex available ingame without events at 47% or 384/802, the least amount of Pokemon available in a game since Gen III.

How do you fuck up this hard?
>>
>>32639274
>Durant should be everywhere
Yes. This. Definitely.
>>
>>32639053

This is the big problem. Honestly it's a good dex minus the overly Kanto slant, and for the first two islands it's distributed pretty well. The third island is the worst - almost all the later routes on Ula-ula are just Pelipper/Gumshoos/Raticate/something else like Slowpoke with more Pelipper, Finneon, and Tentacool while surfing and Magikarp fishing encounters.

Poni Island wasn't much better either, like three areas with almost the same encounters. Vast Poni Canyon is one of the only areas in the lategame to have a wide set of unique encounters.

This is so backwards from Unova and Kalos where there were common Pokemon, but they didn't infest every location like Magikarp. Also the amount of mons exclusive to the postgame (BW2 did this too and it was worse there, but still) doesn't help, and neither do all the SOS exclusives. Everything interesting in the lategame is really fucking rare. Makes Nuzlocking the endgame a bitch.
>>
>>32636435
>(((diversity)))
You gotta go back.
>>
My problem with it was the darkies in a japanese game. Come on japan, the jews want whites muddied, don't let my yellows get muddied too.
>>
File: genuine anger.jpg (38KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
genuine anger.jpg
38KB, 1280x720px
>>32639479
Magikarp wasn't as bad before, because if you wanted a Magikarp for some godforsaken reason, you had an Old Rod. Here you only have a single rod, which may as well be the Old Rod with how many Magikarp it fishes up. The game makes a joke about it too, as if it makes it any better.

Wingull in general just pisses me off. I get it, it's an island, but do seagulls really need to be everywhere? Like sure, on an early route or two, whatever. But you're facing Wingull's line in the wild for the ENTIRE game. From Route 1 to the fucking Poni Gauntlet, it's there. First pokemon encounter on Poni, i was a bit excited to see what was on this island, and lo and behold, it's Pelliper for the 100th time.

As for SoS exclusive pokemon, that shouldn't even be a thing. What kid is going to know how to get a 1% Kangaskhan from Cubone calling for help?
>>
>>32639571
>>>>>>>>>>>1%
jesus
>>
>>32639571

Least Kangaskhan can be encountered normally, even if it is 1%. Vanillite and Goomy have no such luck, and have fun getting Castform. While BW2 had a load of lines exclusive to the postgame, at least the ones that were before the credits were more obtainable.
>>
>>32636435
It's two things
The first half is the diversity you mentioned, which is a huge deal and a big disappointment because they managed to make a 300-dex region feel like a 100-dex one.
The second half is that it might have the worst location variety in a while. It reminds me of Mario Sunshine, where the entire game is forced to stick to a central visual theme and by the end of the third island it bores me to tears because I hate tropical settings and every single route is either on the shore, in a cave, or in a forest.

I just hope the next game covers either the last few acres of japan they haven't used, or North America again
>>
>>32639750
>the end of the third island it bores me to tears because I hate tropical settings and every single route is either on the shore, in a cave, or in a forest.
does hoenn have the same problem or do people just dislike hoenn because it's not alola?
>>
>>32639765
Hoenn makes up for it with some unique towns and routes
Fortree, Mauville, routes to Fallarbor, Pacifidlog, Sootopolis, and probably a few more I forgot in the years since I played it
Meanwhile S&M left me with
>that one town on the fourth island
>the desert
>the ice place
>the volcano
>>
>>32636435
I liked how rare Alola mons were and i am ok with pelliper everywere as it matches the island theme.
But many routes needed at least 2 more pokemon.
No regional variants of oddish, Jinx, zubat and nosepass was a disapointment.
>>
>>32636865
Another mon that should get Alolan form. Also ludicolo with Dancer
>>
>>32639783
And you don't even get the thrill of exploring the inside of the volcano in Wela Park. Just teleports you to the top.

I feel the last two regions (Kalos, Alola) have had shitty regional dexes because of the backlash of Gen 5's 156 new Pokemon. Now we're paying for it because there's less chance of running into a new Pokemon and more chance to run into a fucking Abra or Machop that we've seen for the last 20 years.

Also, fuck Pelipper. Seeing it in ORAS was whatever because it wasn't in every route. Here in Alola, it's fucking everywhere. It better be absent in the next games.
>>
Where do you want the next Pokemon game to take place? I kinda wanna see an environment like Australia.
>>
>>32641141

I hope they double the snowiness of DPP when they get remade, but I'd love a Pokemon region taking place in a desert. Obviously that won't happen because there wouldn't be enough diversity, so maybe a rain forest instead. Still tropical though so maybe not.
What environments are in Australia? Besides wildfires.
>>
>>32641348
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_of_Australia everything

Rain forest, deserts, great coral reef, mining, forests and savannah. Lots of variety.
>>
>>32641348
I want more snowy routes without the slow, trudging gameplay of gen 4. I know people are going to rag on me for being ADHD or some shit but not liking lagging gameplay is a perfectly valid complaint especially when it'd be easy to tone it down.
>>
>>32641141
A Russia region could be fun. Or a Tibetan region that presents Tibetan nationals as the evil team for that sweet sweet Chinese market.
>>
>>32636784
Because just as Hoenn had arguably too much surfing, Alola didn't have nearly enough.
>>
>>32636435
>Which Pokemon should have been included into the Alola Pokedex?

>Qwilfish
>Tropius
>Kecleon
>Lunatone
>Solrock
>Carnivine
>Chatot
>Rotom
>Maractus
>Durant
>Heatmor
>Hawlucha

line
>Horsea
>Krabby
>Oddish
>Nidoran
>Sunkern
>Aipom
>Slugma
>Houndoor
>Slakoth
>Lotad
>Duskull
>Budew
>Hippopotas
>Skorupi
>Scraggy
>Darumaka
>Helioptile
>>
>rufflet is a very earlygame pokemon in SM
>still wont evolve until the Champion fight

Would it kill them to retcon some evo levels?
>>
>>32641931
I will never understand this.
Now, it should evolve at something like lvl 34
>>
>>32636904
What does that meme even mean? Is it a samefag accusation? Is it a way of discrediting the target poster? I never understood.
>>
>>32641856
>no kekleon
this is so obnoxiously retarded, I've been to hawaii and chameleons are fucking everywhere to the point they're considered a pest species
you could just go in some restaurant's garden, look through the bushes, and pull one out
>>
>>32641856
You make a great point.

Where was Tropius? Hell, what about an evo of it?

Solrok/Lunatone too.
>>
>>32641856
>sun moon
>no solrock or lunatone
>60% of all tropical pokemon missing
>no bellossom, the fucking hula pokemon
I mean it's not diamond/pearl and their one fucking fire type but god did they stroke out on this one
>>
>>32639076
It collects water in its beak but secretly has tiny little holes in its beak we can't see that leak water like raindrops.
>>
>>32641348
Wildfires would actually be pretty cool.
>wildfire randomly starts on a route
>fire Pokemon show up

There needs to be more similar event, weather, and time dependent spawns that aren't rare as fuck and don't require shit like SOS battles. Hell, Pokemon games would even benefit from a time system that isn't based on real time.
>>
>>32643063
hmm
>>
File: chicken chan team skull.png (216KB, 600x465px) Image search: [Google]
chicken chan team skull.png
216KB, 600x465px
>>32636435
>not the cut-scenes

Bullshit, that first island was hell to play through, and I don't think I can play through the game again solely because of it.

Although I do agree the Pokemon variety wasn't very good. And with the fact that so many new Pokemon had such a low rate of capture. I wanted to try so many of the new mons and realizing I passed over some because their encounter rate is THAT low made me upset.
>>
>>32642835
>what about an evo of it?

This. I'm still mad that Game Freak has made an awesome banana necked dinosaur so useless.
>>
I think difficulty would've been perfect if Z-Crystals didn't exist. The hardest Totem pokemon are weak to the Z-Crystal given in the previous Totem fight (Barring Water except they gave you the option of a Steenee right before).

The Totems were a sweet concept that I would've liked to see along-side Trial Captain fights, but the trial captains are either version locked or just don't wanna fight you until post-game where they're... part of something else and can't be accessed to directly.

Unfortunately Game Freak doesn't give a shit about the actual core mechanics of battling unique trainers or bosses so the games are going to eventually stagnate (which they already are starting to do last gen).
>>
>>32642859
>tropical region
>60% of all tropical pokemon is missing
people will defend this.
Thread posts: 66
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.