[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whether in-game or competitive. Which moves do you hate the most?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: ahh.jpg (81KB, 262x262px) Image search: [Google]
ahh.jpg
81KB, 262x262px
Whether in-game or competitive. Which moves do you hate the most?

I'm against sand attack and anything that causes confusion myself.
Since starting a nuzlocke pursuit has become the bane of my existence.
>>
Any move that lowers accuracy or raises evasion, confuse ray, scald (I always get burned), and hypnosis because it never misses against me.
>>
>>32623197
One Hit KO moves thanks to Battle Towers.
>>
>>32623197
Scald.

Unjustifiable bullshit making the strongest type in the game able to safely ignore even the basic principle of running coverage.
>>
Anything that has an increased crit chance. I've lost too many Pokemon to those moves in nuzlockes.
>>
>>32623197
Every single move kukuis snorlax has
he used fucking 7 full restores on it and I had no fighting type move fuck that piece of shit almost wiped me and he still had his ninetails in the back.
>>
Swagger
Taunt
Disable
Everything Wobbuffet has
>>
File: crocune_by_bukin-d9kklhe[1].png (447KB, 1024x699px) Image search: [Google]
crocune_by_bukin-d9kklhe[1].png
447KB, 1024x699px
>>32623197
Rest.

Basically every pokemon learns it. It negates Toxic stalling, the most generally useful means of getting through bulky mons, heals the user completely, and still manages to apply RNG despite working consistently via Sleep Talk. You may not always be in trouble when your opponent uses this move, but you know you're going to be there for a while.
>>
>>32623197
All moves that don't deal direct damage. If your mon is boosting or using a status, it shouldn't be able to go first because it's preparing. Therefore, all moves that don't deal direct damage should be at -1 priority
>>
>>32623787
rest was broken in gen 2
>>
>>32623197
I hate magical leaf for no feasible reason.
>>
Stone Edge. If you want to use an attacking rock type you basically have to run it and it's a common enough coverage move that it's more than likely going to be on the opponent's team if they're running any kind of offense. When you run it, you just know that it's going to miss, when your opponent is running it it feels almost certain to not only hit but score a crit against you as well. I just want GF to make one - ONE decent rock-type attack that has decent power and accuracy and no bullshit attached so we can all finally put this meme to rest.
>>
>>32623238
These. Honestly any move the Battle _____ uses with any RNG associated with it ends up on my shit list because the Battle _____ cheats like a motherfucker.
>switch Salamence out of the opponent's Ice-type lead
>Aegislash gets frozen solid by a Hail-free Blizzard and proceeds to get worn down and KOed over the next 12 or so turns without ever defrosting
>this happens more than once

Still doesn't compare to Choice Scarf Pinsir always hitting that 2.7% chance to end my streak in exactly three turns every time I forget to bring a Ghost-type, though.
>>
>>32623992
>I just want GF to make one - ONE decent rock-type attack that has decent power and accuracy and no bullshit attached so we can all finally put this meme to rest.
Power Gem
>>
>>32624005

Oh yeah, that move that maybe half a dozen rock types learn, of which maybe three can actually use it properly. How could I forget?
>>
I play Emerald Battle Frontier a lot, so the moves Protect and Double Team piss me off to no end
>>
>>32624005
>no better than fucking HP Rock on debut
>majority of Rock-types can't do shit with it because it's a Special move and Rock is predominantly a Physical type
>given to literally none of the Rock-types that could actually make good use of it until Gen VII, tying it with Head Smash for most fucktarded distribution of any Rock-type move
Th-thanks.
>>
>>32623240
>water
>strongest type in the game
what did he mean by this?
>>
Razor wind

I've hated it since gen 1 because everything about it is garbage

>normal type (Why)
>charge
>only 80bp
>litterally worthless even in game
>>
>>32623787
>he doesn't run Taunt on his Toxic mons

wtf are you doing nigga
>>
>>32624281
Mega Punch is like that too.
>80 bp physical normal type move
>85% accuracy
why?
>>
>>32624355
At least Mega Punch is good when you find the TM, compared to garbage like Tackle
>>
I don't understand why shit like poison gas and slam have such low accuracy, like why?
>>
>>32624396
Slam is hard hitting for early game, which is why a lot of things get it early. You got me on Poison Gas though, i'm pretty sure that move got buffed by gen 7 though
>>
>>32624396
>>32624412
Good luck with Muk and its poison gas,
Make one wrong move and it'll kick your Grass.
>>
Supersonic in games (foe's always hits despite having like 55 accuracy, then is like three turns of my mons hitting themselves), fakeout and t-wave in competitive.
>>
Gen 1-4 Explosion.

>500BP
>>
>>32624314
For someone advocating Taunt, suggesting Toxic and Taunt on the same set on such a general basis makes it sound like you like using 4 status move sets. Also, that's only useful for wall vs. wall, and chances are the mon that knows toxic is your bulky switch in for offensive mons. Taunt doesn't really help much against those and many more things learn Toxic than Taunt. Plus, a good chunk of the mons that use Taunt are mons like Gyarados, Infernape, and Weavile, who don't use Toxic.
>>
>>32625063
Enjoy your opponent using Rest right infront of your face then.
>>
Hurricane.
>>
>>32623197
>ingame
Dragon Rush. When the AI uses it, they never miss unless I spam double team, and even then its more like a """75%""" chance to 50% chance. When I use it, it has the accuracy of Horn Drill.
>competitive
Pretty much any Healing move thats not rest, moonlight, synthesis, and morning sun. Does soft-boiled and recover really need a max of 16 PP? I know Moonlight/Morning Sun/Synthesis have a max of 8 because they are affected by weather, but 3 out of the 4 weathers fuck it up bad, and they're pretty rare in general on Pokemon. So how come assholes like Chansey, Clefable and Toxapex get to stall me for an extra 8 turns?
>>
>>32623992
Rock slide also frustrates the shit out of me. Getting double flinched in doubles is fucking infuriating. And yet if I use it, it misses constantly.
>>
File: imgres.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>32623197
Play Rough - I hate it's animation, i hate it's meaning and i hate all it's users especially the one in the pic.
>>
>>32624575

This is the real scary Nuzlocke shit.

Confuse Ray and the like are really fucking annoying too.
>>
>>32624259
>what did he mean by this?
The truth
>>
>>32624259
Water is only behind steel and fairy
>gets one of the most spammable and stupid moves in the game in Scald
>water hits three types supereffectively, two of which (fire and ground) are very relevant
>four great resistances with two weaknesses, one to a mediocre offensive type and another to one of the worst offensive types in the game, both of which are frequently negated by secondary typings
>nearly all of them get ice type moves, one of the best offensive types in the game, and are better at using them than actual ice types because ice types are mostly shit. The combination of water and ice coverage makes the only safe switch in to a water type another water type.
>due to the great amount of effective abusers, rain is the best weather in the game
>>
File: sleep.png (86KB, 1120x457px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.png
86KB, 1120x457px
>grass types have 3 ways to sleep an opponent with increasing accuracy from 55%-75%-100%
>psychic types get cucked with a 60% accuracy sleep move
Ghost/psychic pokemon benefit the most to applying sleep but have no way of reliably applying it which is bullshit
>>
>>32629120
>Spore has shitty distribution
>All of the three Grass moves are hard countered by Grass types because they're immune to powder stuff
>Hypnosis goes unresisted by anyone if Dark types are immune to Hypnosis then I can go fuck myself
>>
>>32629120
>yfw hypnosis had 70% accuracy in D/P only
>>
>>32623197
A Dynamic Punch Machamp seems pretty good, ob
>>
>>32629120
Powder moves have gotten worse over the years, actually.
>>
Thousand Arrows.
This is the most retarded move in existence. I fail to understand what was going through GF's mind when they made this. Literally Gen 5 Outrage "Press the button" levels of bullshit.
Fucking ban Zygarde already
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.