[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how is it that this game for 8-11yr olds has all of you grown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: AG73_193.jpg (16KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
AG73_193.jpg
16KB, 320x240px
so how is it that this game for 8-11yr olds has all of you grown ass half men so engaged (with the game, not a woman)?
>>
>>32621531
I started playing when I was 9 and now I play for nostalgia reasons
>>
>>32621531
40% of this board is women
>>
>>32621542
And only 50% is male.
>>
File: 32266967_p0.jpg (39KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
32266967_p0.jpg
39KB, 200x200px
>>32621531
It's a Nintendo franchise.

Some grow out of it and for some it's a way of life.
>>
>>32621531
Started with the games, stayed for the waifu's.
>>
No car, no fug. Might as well play something I like while I try and earn enough money for one.
>>
File: HPcalc2[1].png (3KB, 478x51px) Image search: [Google]
HPcalc2[1].png
3KB, 478x51px
>>32621531
How many kids do you know that can say based on damage calculations that there are little to no KOs that you get running Surf that you won't also get running Scald. Or that in order to trap and KO steel type threats like Scizor and Jirachi with your Magnet Pull Magnezone, you need Hidden Power Fire on it and must have a result of 8 from this formula where all 6 of your Magnezone's IVs fit in, aiming for them when breeding accordingly?
>>
>>32621531
It used to be just to escape reality.
Now that I have a life + bf, my only excuse is my high functioning autism.
>>
File: fdd95aa7c8244595bf7c2c7838a70bfb.jpg (138KB, 1075x1219px) Image search: [Google]
fdd95aa7c8244595bf7c2c7838a70bfb.jpg
138KB, 1075x1219px
>>32621761
This.

And waifus might have influenced my taste for real life a tad. Help?
>>
It's a game, games are fun, fun is for everybody
>>
>>32621886
the kids who don't know that have more girlfriends than the adults who do
>>
>>32622301
>multiple girlfriends
Wow, it's fucking nothing. It's as if pedestalizing sluts is a good thing (it's not).
>>
>>32622316
>calling them sluts

when your idea of fun is playing a children's game you lose all right to critique other people's idea of fun
>>
>>32621697
What's the other 10%?
>>
>>32622352
Fe(male)
>>
>>32622301
>Women are property
>The amount of girls you've been with are achievements

Chances are when you think like this, you're probably gonna end up swimming in child support garnishments.
>>
>>32622355
https://www.google.com/amp/elitedaily.com/women/scientific-benefits-cuddling/661564/amp/
>>
>>32622344
No, I don't. And sluts being for fun, lol.
>>
>>32622389
take a look at
>>32622378
>>
>caring about women
walking memes, normalfaggots are vapid personality-less husks that merely parrot popular media and pre approved personality archetypes to keep up interaction; barely worth the time of day and normalfag women are no different
>>32622378
ah yes, those scientific studies that always amount to revolutionary findings that change the way we think posted in such a prestigious medical journal as elitedaily.com that sounds like it was written by a bitter roastie mad no one wanted to stay with her sorry ass for more than a drunk one night stand
>>
File: 1463001804706.png (262KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1463001804706.png
262KB, 600x900px
>>32622378
Not my point, stupid.

I'm saying when you start qualifying a person's based on the quantity of girlfriends they had, whether or not said relationships were meaningful, you are essentially okaying the concept of treating women as property.

Not even a nu-male either, just saying resorting to that kind of dickwaving is gross.
>>
>>32622415
does your gf feel the same way?
>>
>>32622416
alright, fair point. however it is painfully obvious that very few here have meaningful relationships with anyone
>>
>>32622378
>#MONDAYMINDBLOWS
>opens insulting the reader
>So maybe don't be so quick to f*ck 'em and chuck 'em next time, ya feel?
>you should give your cuddle-buddy a call — like a booty call 2.0.
No.
A slightly more professional article;
http://healthland.time.com/2012/06/06/sharing-a-bed-makes-couples-healthier/
since the wallstreet jewrnal won't let you read this shit I'll just go off of this
>happy committed relationships
a rarity, and not something you get by getting "girlfriends" plural
>fell asleep faster and awoke less than single women/recent breakups
I sleep fine thanks
>sleep better when you have fewer negative interactions with their partner
have they isolated this to just partners or positive interactions with people in general? obviously being happy will improve your mood, and a good mood at the end of the day will help you rest
>While the science is in the early stages
>hypothesis
>may
wow that's some hard science right there, and it doesn't show how big the variation in alteration in hormones is nor does it show us the control or alternate tests
not to mention that, throughout all of this, the focus is women with men as a footnote in one part of the study
as a penis possessor this study isn't even aimed at me
this reads like jap birth rate propaganda and works about as well, fuck off
>>
>>32621890
wow, honest and in control of your life. i willing to bet you're one of the very few here who do not regret waking up in the morning
>>
>>32622463
yeah my hand says you're a faggot too
>>
>>32622416
agreed. People who think having a girlfriend/boyfriend means they are worth humsn beings are pitiful
>>
>>32622486
you sound angry, getting a partner help with that
>>
>>32622515
>stress of appeasing a slut who's had the world handed to her is anger relief
or I could play pokemon, it's cheaper, more fun, and won't stab me in the back because it has no sense of value towards other human beings like a woman
>>
>>32622513
they are worthwhile to their partners, who are you worth anything to?
>>
>>32622551
friends, family, community, place of work
you sound REALLY desperate to justify being in a relationship, you stuck with a piece of shit and don't want to admit it to yourself?
>>
>>32622583
i'm just replying to the so called negatives these people bring up, they seem way more desperate to justify their loneliness with their essays of hatred for "normies"
>>
>>32622608
saying
>lol git gf
and posting one study about minor stress relief
is hardly responding to the negatives
really why are you so concerned that these anonymous pokemon players have a girlfriend, why argue it if not to convince yourself?
do you really think the only way to live is to force yourself into a relationship regardless of if you want it? to hunt some puss down will add some value to your life? do you think the only companionship is romance? because that is a sad archaic mode of thought that leads to loveless marriages, divorces, and mid life crises
I don't even know why I'm responding this is some of the most blatant shitposting bait I've seen but I guess it's better than yet another one line /tv/ template thread
>>
Wow this board is sad
>>
>>32622353
Would that make the last 10% Ironman?
>>
>>32622651
cool, don't let the door hit you on the way out
>>
File: 1483338297802.jpg (160KB, 527x728px) Image search: [Google]
1483338297802.jpg
160KB, 527x728px
>>32622608
No one is comfortable in the idea of being alone, people are just afraid that will be their destiny based on whatever factors are going on in their life.

You don't have to act like you need to fix other people's lives and taking on this mindset isn't helping. There are no easy answers nor do generalized ideas you think are solutions are necessarily solutions. The idea that people need to change their attitude for good things to happen is also bullshit too. Not that behavior isn't a factor to how one is received, just the idea it has a cause-effect relationship to quality of life is the part that's bullshit.

If you want to help people, teach them how to love themselves and take care of themselves rather than setting these vague goalposts based on societal expectations and/or milestones you associate with being successful and the lack of fulfilling them with a person's worth. Life is a bit more complicated than how you're brushing shit off because either things don't come as easy for others based on a system of things beyond their control or they just didn't have the kind of support system you did.

Life isn't some game where some people didn't follow the FAQ correctly. Shit always differs for everybody.
>>
>>32622640
sorry for late reply, was occupied.

what bothers me most is that you man-children CAN get a gf if they tried, but instead they play pokemon and call everone else "normies". it's a self feeding loop of depression that is only fuel by your own cowardice
>>
>>32622798
yes, I can, but why in the world would I want to
>it bothers you
lol how sad is your life that people living differently to you makes you uncomfortable
>STOP BEING CONTENT, I WAS TAUGHT WOMEN ARE THE END GOAL SO YOU SHOULD THINK SO TOO
I hope you are just baiting because that's pathetic
>>
>>32622780
is... is that supposed to be roxanne?
>>
>>32622798
>what bothers me most is that you man-children CAN get a gf if they tried

If streams and girl e-celebs are of any indication it's that lonely geeks want cute girlfriends with common ground, not just any ol' girl.

>but instead they play pokemon and call everone else "normies".

Sounds like you're just creating a strawman. 4chan is generally a place to unwind your unfiltered if not superficial thoughts because that's the beauty of nigh anonymity. If you're basing the functionality of people's lives based on posts they made here, keep in mind some of these people do have jobs to support their hobby and if not even that, at least enough of a social life to attend conventions, concerts or even travel.

Maybe try not watching a Dorkly or Flashgitz caricature of a fanboy or nerd and assume that's everyone who you deem obsessed with the game looks and talks like.

>it's a self feeding loop of depression that is only fuel by your own cowardice

You're writing it off as cowardice, but I don't think you realize how some don't want to be in a relationship that stifles their sense of self. Maybe stifles their free time (that's expected of all relationships), but not sense of self. It's pretty easy to date someone that can get annoyed with your favorite pasttimes or dismiss them, hoping one "grows out of it."

>>32622885
Yeah.
>>
>>32622780
you're right, but don't you think certain changes are needed so that you can be happy? specifically playing pokemon. something i've noticed about these people, even irl, is that they have some kind of inability to let go, even if what they hold is causing their own self destruction.
>>
>>32622891
shit, ya got me
>>
>>32622891
>yeah
christ what did you do to her?
>>32622892
>why do these people refuse to stop playing a game they enjoy because I don't like it
>pokemon is prohibiting to forming relationships despite there being nerdy girls who play and enjoy it among with tons of other "otaku" hobbies
are you legitimately this huge of a vapid excuse for a human? did you not mature past 6th grade circa 2001? do you wonder why people hate "normalfags" when, if you're an example, they are this distraught over any deviation from the norm, think they know better for everyone, resort to petty insults and peer pressure, all to try and keep everything in line with a boring pre-determined view of how a person should act? worry about your own boring life and your own pre-approved hobbies like baiting a bunch of people on /vp/ by pretending to be a normalfaggot
>>
>>32621531
tfw no superpowered pets irl
also exploration
>>
>>32622892
>you're right, but don't you think certain changes are needed so that you can be happy?

Happiness isn't even an endgame to begin with, it's work. Relationships are work, building a nest egg is work, supporting the people you love is work. I suppose it's more accurate to say it's learning to love the journey that's the value for living life. In other words, what completes people is their ability to set goals and reach them.

The changes that need to be made are likely based on values and attitudes, which is why teaching one how to love and care for themselves properly is more important. Things like learning to communicate with others properly, reading a room, having empathy, being a good listener and being decisive. What generally makes men attractive is ambition or at least the being able to keep themselves busy in a constructive manner.

The part that needs to change varies person to person. Could be basic things like appearance, diet, exercise but there could also be more complex psychological issues to work on like trauma or educational/trade goals to be fulfilled. You're focusing on the part you think is the problem because you take personal issue with it, but it sounds more like you're trying to impose control or your personal self image instead.

I think you're overlooking basic aspects of how one can attract someone and instead assigning blame to the part that LIKELY doesn't matter for what kind of girl these guys are specifically hunting for, just so you can get the final word.

>>32622942
Oh I didn't draw it. I just like using it for reactions.
>>
>>32622942

>>32622942
>>
>>32623040
woops, meant to do

>>32622942

>>32622923
>>
>>32623040
you forget how to type there buddy, use words, they help
>>
>>32623056

>>32623055
>>
File: 1477850058278.png (371KB, 1931x1077px) Image search: [Google]
1477850058278.png
371KB, 1931x1077px
Because its fun! It doesn't dominate my life, no, far from it, but it makes me happy. Isn't the end goal for life to be happy?
>>
>>32622353
you mean girls (male)
>>
>>32622389
>Implying a playful girl who's ttf isn't fun.
Give the 4 and 5's a shot who aren't shy/paralyzed about sex/majoring overweight. They'll surprise you.
>>
>>32622352
Spiders and sharks
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.